Question: SEE plans to react in any way at loot aberations and unbalanced loot distribution?

Status
was that "balancing team" message the press release from DAManager ? :dunce:
does that mean this guy is the balancing team ? :tongue2:

Thats what I'd also like to know too. Where are you DAManager?

My guess is that ND has him on lock-down ... and given that he seems to have known what was going to happen by his own admission (indirectly by stating he will do a press release to explain), and benefited from the situation, maybe he realized the community is smarter than he thinks we are.

It has been established that he is a ROCKtropia-endorsed partner according to his website, and in a chat he initiated with me last year, his business is to bring recording artists to RT and promote it. As mentioned in a previous post of mine, he was told to approach me by ND to explore future promotional events with MSR (at least that's what he told me), but ...

My major question would be ... what does this have to do with what has occurred the past several days, and who is he that he makes the bold statement of telling us that we shouldn't make assumptions and to wait for the press release from Digital Abduction that will explain all of this.

I don't know about you, but how the hell is a recording artist promoter and event manager going to explain away the impact of what happened over the past several days enough to justify it.

It just all makes my head spin with everything else that's going on now with the repeatable missions on RT where you gain agility and stamina, and the "no real explanation" response from MA ... is there no one in charge right now? I'd also like to know what SDS thinks of this, but I doubt that we'll get any responses.

This is all such a shame. :(

Thats what I'd also like to know too. Where are you DAManager?

Actually he is just playing normally every day on Rocktropia as if nothing happened.
I saw him buying sweet and other trades(yesterday).

You are behind the times my dear friend ... check this thread out. :laugh:

But... it was just posted TODAY!!!

How can I possibly keep up with the rash of crap that has happened just within the last few days?!?!? :eyecrazy:

Some us us work, you know. :laugh:

How can I possibly keep up with the rash of crap that has happened just within the last few days?!?!? :eyecrazy:

It's a huge shitstorm of different stuff going on right now, all at once. Terrible coincidence.

Ok then, my bad :duh: ... I forgot it was Friday, so ... now you know. :wise:

:hug:

I have to admit that I read it (the today's buzz from MA) more than once and was unable to draw any conclusion from it but well I only had three years of English in school. ;)

"Yes we screwed it but yes, we apply the necessary measures to resolve this situation as soon as we returned to office the next day." LMAO

MA if you want to make a true balancing in Entropia Universe, please listen the following:

1- Advertise the event on client with fifteen days or more in advance and on what planet it will happen! (so that all players have equal chances and not only the ones that have connections with the planet owner!!!)

2- If there's insanity drops quantity like this time make the event lasts for twelve hours maximum! The right way would be to make those rare items to drop with globals and make the event lasts one or two days only even maybe with a cap limit like: after 30 ES500 STOP, after 60 ES400 STOP, after 100 ES300 STOP... (where do you guys had your head when you make the scanners to drop one every three kills as some players reported?!)

3- Make sure that someone stay in the office, so in case something goes wrong it can be rectified immediately! Because as you all should know this is DYNAMIC!!!

Follow these steps and I´m sure WE (Players/MA/SEE/Planet partners) will all be happy at the end!!!

Fanan

It just all makes my head spin with everything else that's going on now with the repeatable missions on RT where you gain agility and stamina, and the "no real explanation" response from MA ... is there no one in charge right now? I'd also like to know what SDS thinks of this, but I doubt that we'll get any responses.

This is all such a shame. :(

Am i missing something ... repeatable mission in RT that reward attributes... and no response from MA ???

Wow, this is news to me ... why am i left in the dark?? :scratch2:

I would have gone there to participate and burn some peds :eyecrazy:

Come on MA, u can do better than that. Give me a break.

Am i missing something ... repeatable mission in RT that reward attributes... and no response from MA ???

Wow, this is news to me ... why am i left in the dark?? :scratch2:

I would have gone there to participate and burn some peds :eyecrazy:

Come on MA, u can do better than that. Give me a break.

It seems you haven't read all the posts, because on the previous page I posted this ...

We, Digital Abduction, will be making a formal press release in the coming days regarding the events that have happend in the past few days. I think you will find a majority of the claims made on the forum to be not only baseless, but simply continuing the "mob mentality" that seems to have taken over. We hope this will clear any and all questions regarding who we are.

Wow wtf? same person who was selling like 15 of those scanners on auction when they were dropping. I cant wait for the explanation.

The final solution.

Bomb the new planets to dust, noone likes them anyway :yay:

But seriously, dont just add any planet because people pay, have some fucking standards.

This isn't working out. Put the universe idea aside and focus on calypso and all of entropias main systems. This all is getting too much. Guess its too late now, but anyway...

(Did i go oftopic now?) :p

Last edited:
The final solution.

But seriously, dont just add any planet because people pay, have some fucking standards.

This isn't working out. Put the universe idea aside and focus on calypso and all of entropias main systems. This all is getting too much. Guess its too late now, but anyway...

omg, seriously man, you are FORGETTING something m8, WE are ALL entropians, you are playing a game called ENTROPIA UNIVERSE, it is not just about calypso anymore, it is about all planets in the whole entropia universe game, please m8 think about what you just said, that remark is a bit out of order

RJ Rob

The final solution.

I agree here...especially about focusing entropia's main systems....lets fix the basic missing systems before adding new planets, mobs, mission, accomplishments, etc.

omg, seriously man, you are FORGETTING something m8, WE are ALL entropians, you are playing a game called ENTROPIA UNIVERSE, it is not just about calypso anymore, it is about all planets in the whole entropia universe game, please m8 think about what you just said, that remark is a bit out of order

RJ Rob

Exactly. It's not just about Calypso anymore. It's also, and this is something NEVERDIE continuously seems to overlook, not all about NEVERDIE anymore. You're overlooking that ROCKTropia launched as an incomplete planet. ROCKTropia 2.0, as it is being announced, is what ROCKTropia 1.0 should have been; a planet offering unique content and systems, with missions and a working crafting system. It's just a full year late.

Why should it be acceptable for a single planet developer to deliver sub-standard content? Just because he paid? Every time something partially finished is promoted with press releases and media hype, the whole of Entropia Universe suffers because of it. New people will curiously log in, only to realize that half the promised stuff from the press releases is not there, that there are no missions, and that what was available until recently mostly was copy/pasted from Calypso.

That affects not just ROCKTropia or Next Island, but at the same time, it will become harder to succesfully promote Calypso, and it affects the upcoming planets as well.

I wonder if we will be permitted to take our tamed atroxes in battle when Calipso will invade other planets?

I wonder if we will be permitted to take our tamed atroxes in battle when Calipso will invade other planets?

Invade?
Invaders take the loot. You pay the loot. I'd say you should rather feel looted than looter...

Looks like this thread was the best advertising for Next Island... People actually did not know that Space Skelets drop Pyrite. Now they do.

NEVERDIE, you owe me 1% from that tax. :lolup::lolup::lolup:

Looks like this thread was the best advertising for Next Island... People actually did not know that Space Skelets drop Pyrite. Now they do.

I know this might seem way off topic to the current thread discussion but can you explain what your avatar picture/forum picture has to do with Black Hawk?

I don't get it.

Darth Vader = Black Hawk?

WHAT?

So there`s actually a mob on NextIsland also that drops pyrite aside from the zombies on Rocktropia? 2 noobish mobs so far that drop pyrite. WTF?

Hell, you can take out a small zombie with 1 shot of mad4+beast.

I know this might seem way off topic to the current thread discussion but can you explain what your avatar picture/forum picture has to do with Black Hawk?

I don't get it.

Darth Vader = Black Hawk?

You wana get me banned?
I won't say it. I'll think it and you'll know it. Use the Force, young Jedi! Do not deny your dark side. I for one start to enjoy it.

Apparently it's OK with MA for planet partners to create an avatar (DAmanager) then, using inside information.. go global on rare items???

Really??

Apparently it's OK with MA for planet partners to create an avatar (DAmanager) then, using inside information.. go global on rare items???

Really??

And to sell them too

And to sell them too

printing-bank-notes.jpg

It's a bit like owning your own printing press, and for existing items, no discovery is even announced too. Bonus. :(

So maybe, just maybe it`s time for this game to be put 6 feet under...It has runned it`s course, now let it sleep in peace.

Really??

DAMgr is not a PP, but rather endorsed by RT (according to his website, but not sure if that means he's NDS staff), and I think someone mentioned that he was actually looting the ES500's on his own LA, so that makes it even more curious as to why an LA owner (if this is the case) has information about this incident to the point that he tells the community not to make assumptions, but wait for his press release that will explain everything.

If he's an LA owner with information, then you know that NDS had knowledge, and my question would be ... why is an LA owner (or this person at any level) involved with something like this that certainly gave him inside information (can't assume anything else) and personal gain (we already know this for a fact). Which leads me to also believe that the bank incident with putting the ES500 value at -0- was intentional as well based on inside information (I'm just trying to make sense of 2 + 2 here).

Either way you look at this (and from my own personal interaction with him last year), whether he's NDS staff, just endorsed as a result of what he brings to the RT environment, or regular player, he was privileged and benefited from it, period, and ... if MA had anything intentional to do with this (other than negligence in checking content before the release), then IMO it makes it worse. Why would MA intentionally make the decision to drop these ES500's and in such abundance knowing it would have such an impact on the market and piss off a lot of people? I'm thinking they wouldn't, right? ... or am I just naive about this maneuver. Do you really think that it was just a coincidence that the rare ES500 ended up being a mistake item in this incident?

You just don't take an extremely rare item that used to be crafted years ago and suddenly drop craploads of them on another planet, especially when players paid thousands of PED for them the week or so before. I also don't think there is merit in allowing rare minerals from one planet to drop easily from mobs or otherwise on other planets. None of this makes any sense, other than being disruptive. Common finds across planets like crude and lyst are one thing, but blood moss and pyrite easily found and seemingly more plentiful on two other planets ... oh, and not in lootable PvP?

I don't understand why all of this is being allowed, because it just seems (to me anyway) that it is rather disruptive to Calypso as a planet. Shouldn't each planet have their own self-contained environment with items and resources that don't disrupt another planet? Common stuff, fine, but rare items and resources easily obtained that had been set up on another planet as challenging and driving their market in a certain direction? Am I just not looking at this right? It's going to be interesting to see how future planets set up their environments.

Something just doesn't fit here, and I hope we eventually find out what's going on.

RJ Rob

What iam saying is, all the new planets and all are getting too much to handle.

Get a strong and solid foundation before you move on to the next step.

Just like building a house. If the foundation aint strong enough you will get worried and it might eventually fall.

(foundation? is that the correct word? my english suck :p)

What iam saying is, all the new planets and all are getting too much to handle.

Get a strong and solid foundation before you move on to the next step.

Just like building a house. If the foundation aint strong enough you will get worried and it might eventually fall.

(foundation? is that the correct word? my english suck :p)

Your English is fine, and you used the word appropriately. :)

I agree that a solid foundation should be established while developing a planet, and a planet should be launched with every potential and possibility for success. ND by his own admission in the EntropiaTimes interview I did with him said that he launched ROCKtropia too soon. We also know what happened with Next Island, and it still has not had an official launch (where is the rest of the content and the mass marketing event). Neither planet was prepared for a full launch, and as a result (IMO), it has presented more challenges than necessary to try to maintain a self-sufficient environment.

ND himself (as well as Michael - Tenacity, the DJ) said in ND's video docudrama that they were basically having financial struggles, and didn't know if the next day they would be dealing with billions of dollars, or eating out of tin cans, and that to me doesn't speak too highly of any kind of stability.

And just to put this into perspective ... I really do like the concepts of both planets, and believe there is great potential for success ... they just have to be fully functional (with at least all of the basics to support an economy) before this happens IMO, and I'm truly hoping that the development team can rally and get it together so that we don't have all of these glitches going on so frequently. I believe there are many in this community who just want things to work so that we can enjoy ourselves without having to deal with things such as we have over the past week ... it's just incredibly disruptive.

Status
Back