Server Downtime for Release

2 Hours is up were the £$@#%¤"#% is my game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 minutes - NO SERVER UP!!!11111

WE DOOMED.

Longer the better, let them work any bugs out and give us as much new content as possible :D

I'd rather not log in to bugs and get logged out while they patch.

may be its 2 hours downtoime and 1 hour mindark avatar killing and mining to test the new shit :yup:

@ KIM one question, the new avatar system will increase the system requirements needed to play the game (minimal memory, graphic card)? It would be nice to know before hand, hardware cannot be acquired immediately.

This was answered earlier this year, here's the quote:
The new avatars will actually be a lot easier on your PCs than the old ones, especially your graphics cards. In certain areas we may be talking a 400% performance improvement.

This was answered earlier this year, here's the quote:

Thank you, in fact I was recalling something of the sort. Still a confirmation would be nice if it's still true, lots can happen during development. I understand the system introduction is imminent (2 weeks time).

400% sound pretty unbelievable, but my PC would be the best testing platform (doubt MA has such old machines).

Thank you, in fact I was recalling something of the sort. Still a confirmation would be nice if it's still true, lots can happen during development. I understand the system introduction is imminent (2 weeks time).

400% sound pretty unbelievable, but my PC would be the best testing platform (doubt MA has such old machines).

Release Notes: As people have demanded better performance the new avatar system is showing a 400% increase in performance due to the new feature we added to all accounts : Non optional Safe Mode!

I currently use a 3.5 year old computer that works surprisingly well... Main problem is some RAM crashes if I travel through malls or high population areas too much

Playing on my old ATARI is a fun, cause getting 1 frame per hour in a peak is just great result :rolleyes:

Release Notes: As people have demanded better performance the new avatar system is showing a 400% increase in performance due to the new feature we added to all accounts : Non optional Safe Mode!

OMG! They will go Minecraft on our avatars! :eyecrazy:

Johan: Hey Sven....
Sven: What Johan?
Johan: You know how David Simmons told me to defragment the server for todays update..
Sven: Yeah, did you do it?, we've been offline for 2 hours now, time is money, the addicts getting touchy in forum
Johan: Ummm, kinda a problem, the screen went black and it said something about critical error, system memory dump, kinda happened really fast...
Sven: {Silence}
Johan: What should we do? We don't have a back up and all the data for the whole game is gone, even everything the players own.
Johan: Dude we're fucked ay
Sven: hmmmmm, ok lets bump the release time by 60 mins, you know say we testing all the shit etc LOL
Johan: Ok, but everything is gone!
Sven: Nah, we still have the client loader, lets patch it to EVE, WoW and that one Star plays.. oh StarCraft II, and when we get the support cases just say, they need to talk to their service providers.
Johan: They will never buy that! These guys are anal fuckers, they get pissed at the slightest glitch.
Sven: Ok, then well call David and tell him what happened
Johan: No way dude! David will kill me, they had just finished Taming and now its gone, another 3 years to develop it all over, I quit, gonna go work with Marco....:smoke:

Johan: You know how David Simmons told me to defragment the server for todays update..
Sven: Yeah, did you do it?, we've been offline for 2 hours now, time is money, the addicts getting touchy in forum
Johan: Ummm, kinda a problem, the screen went black and it said something about critical error, system memory dump, kinda happened really fast...
Johan: What should we do? We don't have a back up and all the data for the whole game is gone, even everything the players own.
Johan: Dude we're fucked ay
Sven: hmmmmm, ok lets bump the release time by 60 mins, you know say we testing all the shit etc LOL
Johan: Ok, but everything is gone!
Sven: Nah, we still have the client loader, lets patch it to EVE, WoW and that one Star plays.. oh StarCraft II, and when we get the support cases just say, they need to talk to their service providers.
Johan: They will never buy that! These guys are anal fuckers, they get pissed at the slightest glitch.
Sven: Ok, then well call David and tell him what happened
Johan: No way dude! David will kill me, they had just finished Taming and now its gone, another 3 years to develop it all over, I quit, gonna go work with Marco....:smoke:

simply awesome :D:lolup:

LOL that would be almost no improvement to me, except 2-3 settings on low all are on safe mode anyway :D

Guess I HAVE to go shopping this Christmas...

Sven: man we will return to our old job :(
Johan: I hate McDonalds :mad:

2 Hours is up were the £$@#%¤"#% is my game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't know either. I keep pinging all MA sites and hit reload on every info-site every second ... also already opened 37 support cases in the last 20 minutes ... still nothing :silly:

Sok

Been informed by a Planet Partner that this release is only a Mindark Platform Update and not a Partner Content Release.

Don't know either. I keep pinging all MA sites and hit reload on every info-site every second ... also already opened 37 support cases in the last 20 minutes ... still nothing :silly:

Sok

There are still 7 minutes until 12 UTC... why are you opening cases for?

Sok

no wonder the support is slow - you are the reason :wise:

There are still 7 minutes until 12 UTC... why are you opening cases for?

your sarcasm-o-meter may be broken ... :girl:

Reactions: Ted
Been informed by a Planet Partner that this release is only a Mindark Platform Update and not a Partner Content Release.

I think

"Today our servers will be temporarily made unavailable while we implement Entropia Universe Release 12.9."

it is abvious that it is not Planet Partner release when there is no "Planet Partner release" in the Berta message.

MindArk's patented server cooling...

9475_bb8c.png

BOREDOM !!!!!!!!!!!!

Johan: ..........>>>.......... These guys are anal fuckers, ..........>>>.................

Call me old fashioned, but I have never been near another mans bum hole.

Rick

Last edited:
This release doesn't contain the upgraded avatar system, it was originally scheduled to be in it but it's been pushed back at least two weeks.

Maybe MA should hire more developers ! Or get help from developers playing EU:)

Back