Question: Should pilots use the trade channel ?

Should pilots be using trade chat ?

• Yes - they should spam ONLY the trade channel when selling flights.

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • No - I don't care if my chat is clogged with spam.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Trade Channel for the majority and an ocassional all chat msg is ok if it's small.

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • I like smelly cheese

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
Trade channel should be used for all services offered.
And I agree that it would be really convenient if the pilots agree to use another TP for their service. With all that spamming going on at Twin Peaks it is very difficult for customers to find what they want.
And someone who does not have all the TPs yet will not be a customer anyway, he would not even know where the hangar is.

There was no official reason that Twin became the place where pilots sold flights, but like a lot of things, a convention was created to fill the void and here we are.

Momentum dictates that unless there is a compelling reason for the change, it be allowed to continue as it is. Besides, if you remove the pilots from Twin, you will find that the lag remains (at Twin).

Some people have suggested that some pilots start selling from different cities, for instance -- or use agents that advertise in some cycle. To this I say "why?"

When the pilots are easily found in one spot, it's a good thing for everyone. It might be better for them (eventually) to have a less congested spot, but convention has already been established, and we all have to live with that.

I could probably say that *if* they were in a less congested spot, it wouldn't matter which channel they used. But that's a different issue -- oh wait, that's this issue and it brings us back on topic! :D

Seriously, I want the pilots to be happy and find the customers they want. It would be harder for that to happen unless there was some way to post a notice of where they would be. MA could do this by posting a sign near all the TP's advertising the "agreed upon location" for certain activities like this. Such an advertisement should be free, ofc, since it's for everyone's benefit. However, I don't hold out any hopes of seeing this happen, and better recommendations have already been made that would help the pilots to better service their customers (us).

Tha facts that the pilots have this unnofficial convention to use Twins for their ticketing outlet. Then they should respect the fact such a place as Twin Peaks is congested therefore a good reason to segregate the chats by using the right channel to sell their tickets (which I remind you again is TRADE).

It is showing respect to other players by doing so instead of coming out with smart ass comments and as such bringing about a call for BLACK BANNING as has been done in this thread by me.

Quite honestly they are only cutting their own throats, I am often PMed for pilots lol, however how many pilots actually know this?? I am often in Twin and when no pilot is available I chase one up for those looking.

I have been known to organise many VIP flights and Soc flights consisting of a large amounts of people being run back and forth for event in cnd.

The traders and Pilots have no idea who the people in twin know, what they do for those people. Yet they persist in speaking disrespectfully to anyone asking them to use the channel supplied by MA for the purpose of what they are doing in public chat. Therefore they annoy the hell out of the wrong people with such smart ass comments, the result being that anyone that is looking for a pilot via me will not be sent to one that spams public chat.

There have been a few people now that have left Twins with their tails between their legs because they were trying to contact someone. After giving me utter shite before hand. The tail ends up between their legs when I say YES I have that person on FL or I can contact that person but why the hell should I do it for you after the way you spoke to me when I nicely asked you to use trade.

Quite a bit of suucesful trade goes on via me getting people together in this way. TRADERS AND PILOTS you have no idea lmao. The only one that really knows what I am capable of in this way in your career line is Shocky and he is happy to return his spam to trade chat when I ask him, besides he knows i would spank him if he kept doing it :laugh:.

Warmest regards

Rayne

Actually I wished that Pilots would not hang out in Twin advertising, since now Twin is the lag capital of the game. Why not hang out in some place like Hadesheim C.

:laugh: because nobody goes to Hades ? :dunno:

You can't sell flights to technicians ;)

Pilots could simply get together (like you suggested) and move somewhere else. A flight isn't like some item that you might buy if you hear someone shouting about it. When you need a pilot, you go find one. People don't hear a pilot advertising and think "ooh, a flight to cnd, I think I might want that". ;) All they would have to do is agree on a different location and advertise it on EF and maybe chip in to pay for an ad in game.

But I don't think they'll do it. I think they like the "entertainment" at Twin while they are standing around.

Well since someone has allready claimed the rights to make the rules for chat in twin, this has forced me into a decisive descision!

I hereby claim sole rights to make the rules for the cnd chats!

1. The trade chat on CND shall be used only by people using the trade terminal..what else would a trade channel be for?

2. The main chat shall be reserved for pilot and reseller spam ONLY.

3. Anyone caught chatting in the main chat shall be siezed and tackled to the ground!

4. The Soc chat is only to be used for those people attending a sock hop in the CND Disco....soc is just short for sock.

5. The Team chat shall be used only for those who like to team up on various spammers with the sole purpose belitteling them using every name in the books publically.

6. If you feel the need to chit chat with your friends please be courteous to others trying to spam in the control room and use the private messaging system.

7. Any violations of these rules will result in a firm talking to by me!

I do hope this helps to avoid any chat rule conflicts in the CND chat in the future. :)

i think that pilots should use the trade channel ... if they were to put their listing into local chat once every 10 mins or so i wouldnt get mad ... but as you mom i hate the constant pilot chat is annoying when your trying to hold a conversation.

edit:

ive also thought that for a long time that pilots should be flying out of billys spaceship afterworld ... close to PA for noobs ubers have the TP and items can still be bought and sold in twin and fly out of the airport that could be billys.

Well since someone has already claimed the rights to make the rules for chat in twin, this has forced me into a decisive decision!

I hereby claim sole rights to make the rules for the cnd chats!

1. The trade chat on CND shall be used only by people using the trade terminal..what else would a trade channel be for?

2. The main chat shall be reserved for pilot and reseller spam ONLY.

3. Anyone caught chatting in the main chat shall be siezed and tackled to the ground!

4. The Soc chat is only to be used for those people attending a sock hop in the CND Disco....soc is just short for sock.

5. The Team chat shall be used only for those who like to team up on various spammers with the sole purpose belittling them using every name in the books publicly.

6. If you feel the need to chit chat with your friends please be courteous to others trying to spam in the control room and use the private messaging system.

7. Any violations of these rules will result in a firm talking to by me!

I do hope this helps to avoid any chat rule conflicts in the CND chat in the future. :)

Erm .. MA made the trade chat for use everywhere ingame, not just Twin. You see the same thing in PA and Ft Argus - I can't speak for anywhere else from my experience though. It's not a question of making rules, it's just wanting people to use the appropriate channel.

Although, having said that, I noticed that your ads are the least intrusive of all - one line, no unnecessary space-fillers, etc :)

Everyone(?) who has replied to this thread has agreed that pilots selling seats should use the trade chat to advertise their service. Maybe now would be a good time to try to find a solution that is acceptable to pilots, passengers and to those who don't wish to see pilot ads?

How about "Pilot @ vote - flight details in trade chat" in local chat or something along those lines? And the actual prices, destination, seats available, etc in trade chat.
I personally would be quite happy with that, it gets the message across to anyone who's forgotten to turn trade chat on when looking for a flight - as you pointed out - but what does everyone else think?
Is this a workable idea and if so, how can we improve it to get the best result for everyone?

How about "Pilot @ vote - flight details in trade chat" in local chat or something along those lines? And the actual prices, destination, seats available, etc in trade chat.
I personally would be quite happy with that, it gets the message across to anyone who's forgotten to turn trade chat on when looking for a flight - as you pointed out - but what does everyone else think?
Is this a workable idea and if so, how can we improve it to get the best result for everyone?

How about they just use the trade chat and if they see someone looking for a flight in the main chat, they just say "flights in trade chat".

And a pretty simple solution to pilots who insist on using the main chat when practically everyone wants them to use the trade chat, is simply don't fly with them. Just ask "who's the pilot in line after xxxxxx"?

Ok for those of you with the humor of a brick. the CND chat rules were meant to be funny. take it for what it was meant to be. :D

Well since someone has allready claimed the rights to make the rules for chat in twin

:rolleyes: Nothing like being a drama queen, huh?
Nobody has claimed rights to making rules for chat - MindArk put the trade channel there for a reason.

I agree with those that said if you see someone looking for a flight, by all means let them know you're flying. Or to maybe say "Selling seats to space @ Vote" once every 10 or so minutes - not a big deal.

I hope talking to all the pilots isn't like talking to a brick wall. :banghead:

Shocky, I for one can see why YourMom did not see the humor in your post.

It just wasn't funny.

Depends on your point of view i guess red :)

No offense intended there. Just to make that clear.

I wasn't laughing either is all.

yes your right danielle i was going for drama not humor..and ty for the neg rep :)

any time ;)
Didn't see the humor in that .. or in fact any post you made here.
You were abrasive and condescending in your first posts here, calling me a hypocrite and also assuming I was referring to all the pilots. :rolleyes:

I assumed you were carrying on with that same train of thought - as I missed the humor part.

Well excuse me here but i wasnt targetting you personally.

The hypocracy i see is simple..i see a bunch of resellers yelling at pilots about spam.

And - for the record - Shocky is one of the nicest pilots I've dealt with.

Usually utilizing the trade chat - and if not will accomodate you if you ask him right.

I just think text lacks the ability to sometimes clearly illustrate sarcasm.

:ahh: oops - and it wasnt calling me a hypocrite - the thread hypocritical is all.

And heeeey .. I'm not yelling nor am I a reseller :cry:
I get your point though - but pilots are a small group of very specific people - resellers cycle through Twin like nubs cycle through Swamp camp.

i rank right in there with posting in the trade channel .. that is WHY the trade channel was opened in the first place .. to let those looking for goods or services to trade.

I agree that using 4 lines of chat/message is over the top - and counter-productive really, cos I find its usually harder to read.

Mostly I only repeat once every full chat window using trade chat, tho I will intersperse that with local chat at times - especially when someone who regularly flies comes thru the tp.

Thats one full chat window including ALL chats, including soc and global.

---

Why use Twins ? Cos thats where people come looking for a pilot.
Pink and Mylcat both tried using PA.
As I recall, it took only a very short time before they were back in Twins, due to lack of custom in PA.

---

Frankly, I find the trade-in-local-chat far less irritating than the
"Backstabber"
"I hate you"
"I hate you more"
"You're gay"
that passes for 'conversation' in the ring most of the time.

But sadly, I dont get to turn that off, cos I need to have local chat on in case people ask for a flight.

I guess what it comes down to in the end, is having a little consideration for others.

"You're gayer" "You're gayest!" "You're the gayest of the gay!"

:laugh: Serica - very valid point. I'm still waiting for an ignore user's chat feature from MA :(

I'm not saying that they should NOT use the channel EVER - but the continious spamming of the huge ad is all that bugs me.

Off-Topic:
Pilots could simply get together

What? So you can all just start your "we hate pilots" parade again?
Maybe they would do something in agreement if you all hadn't done your utmost to slate the entire pilot population with insults and claim we were all scammers or mafia/cartel thugs and made accusations of price fixing and sabataging anyone we didn't agree with because of the actions of a few individuals.

Not sure wether to be pissed off at the suggestion pilots working together and how were cruicified over rumour and hear-say or laugh at the sheer rediculousness of it. "Be carefull what you wish for, you just might get it."

Right now the pilot side of me is saying, "Fool me once, shame on me.."

On-Topic:
I have many stances on wether pilots should use it or not even though i was only just made aware of it when reading this, but it's not worth the bother giving them out, so all i'll say is this:

"Selling - 3 Tickets - 20PED @ Vote" - That's the message format i used to use, and i find it acceptable. I agree that multiple lines should not be done as there is no real cause for it.

What goes through all chat is generally mindless drivel spouted by the ring contenders/hangers about, and traders don't moan towards you to keep it in your pm's.
Furthermore, about moving location. Why don't you just go to another city rather than the others? You know when going there that it is a long established market city, so if your not into trading, why not use another ring or another place to chat? I think you'll come to the same conclusion as the refusing pilots or traders.
"Who are you to tell me how to go about my business?"
And surely that is the point in the end. It's not hurting you, not even inconveniencing you as much as it used to inconvenience you because half or more of the trading spam is gone to the designated channel.

It really gets boring watching all these self-appointed guardians of truth and morals appear every now and again and blowing the tiniest of things way out of proportion because forming an opinion is so rare to them that it must be capitalized upon, when in the end, it doesn't matter at all. Get a life people, it's only a game. If your life is so stressful that you must take it out this way, or so empty that you must gain importance this way, i have to say that i quite pity it.
People are far far far too soft these days. Not that the current culture of our society doesn't encourage it. It's pathetic how we whine about every little thing.

I'm a sort of mixture between tired and bored right now, so my post probably lacks the usual level of restraint i would impose and may come across as insulting. Sorry if it does, but i do think this "issue" isn't really an issue at all, just a nice sign that if this is all you have to complain about, MA are losing their touch.

And DYM - i wasn't counting you in the "self-appointed guardians..." part, as you made a valid point and didn't say we should never use it, just not over spam.

Last edited:
i say they should use local chat but keep it small

Nobody's whining - I'm so damned tired of anytime that anyone voices an opinion and asks for feedback from others , there's always someone with the generic response - "omg you're whining."

I'm terribly sorry I only now realize you are very serious about this matter!

When I said you were whining I meant that when "anyone voices an opinion and asks for feedback from others , there's always someone with the generic response - "omg you're whining."". It was meant to be a joke!
No hard feelings I hope!

One last thing:
"You can't take life too seriously, no one gets out of it live!"
This sentence is also supposed to be funny, I'm not implying anything here! :D

Hail

"Selling - 3 Tickets - 20PED @ Vote" - That's the message format i used to use, and i find it acceptable. I agree that multiple lines should not be done as there is no real cause for it.
As I replied to Shocky, something short and to the point and not intrusive is far less annoying than the multiple lines that both you and YourMom have mentioned.
Pheonyx said:
What goes through all chat is generally mindless drivel spouted by the ring contenders/hangers about, and traders don't moan towards you to keep it in your pm's.
While I agree that some of the local chat, the insults, etc, are mindless drivel I'd argue against that generally being the case. There's been many discussions about clothes, mobs, bugs, makeup, weapons, people, politics and many other topics of conversation that people wish to chat about.
And as far as PM's go, it wouldn't be practical to have a PM window for every person there that you wish to chat to or for a general comment/observation/question, nor would it be practical to open a PM just to ask someone one question.
Pheonyx said:
Furthermore, about moving location. Why don't you just go to another city rather than the others? You know when going there that it is a long established market city, so if your not into trading, why not use another ring or another place to chat?
I think you'll come to the same conclusion as the refusing pilots or traders.
As well as being a long established trading town, Twin is also a long established PvP town, so I think that argument applies equally well to both sides. Twin has the advantage over other rings in that there's a revival and storage conveniently close to the ring to make it the most useful place for PvP. And moving from Twin to another location to chat and then back again involves a lot more than a simple mouse click which is all that's needed to change to the appropriate chat channel.
Pheonyx said:
And surely that is the point in the end. It's not hurting you, not even inconveniencing you as much as it used to inconvenience you because half or more of the trading spam is gone to the designated channel.
I disagree that that is the point. To me the point is that MA introduced the trade channel specifically for trades, these being the exchange of PEDs for goods and/or services. I do remember what a nightmare it was trying to hold a conversation in local chat before trade chat came in, searching for one ava name and their reply as the trade spam scrolled up the screen so fast as to be virtually unreadable. And yes, it is a lot better now.

Consider the other side of the coin for a second: people can't chat locally in team, soc or event chat - the only ones open are local and trade. If we used trade chat we'd only annoy those who are using trade chat properly, so that's not an option. PMs have already been mentioned. So local chat is the only viable choice.
Which means that if any pilot or other trader chooses to use local chat as well as or instead of trade chat there's nothing that can be done about it without making the problem worse for everyone - except ask them not to.
This also leads on to the point raised in another post: people saying "Why should we (traders/pilots) stick to trade chat when they (pilots/traders) don't?"

Off-Topic:

What? So you can all just start your "we hate pilots" parade again?
Maybe they would do something in agreement if you all hadn't done your utmost to slate the entire pilot population with insults and claim we were all scammers or mafia/cartel thugs and made accusations of price fixing and sabataging anyone we didn't agree with because of the actions of a few individuals.

Not sure wether to be pissed off at the suggestion pilots working together and how were cruicified over rumour and hear-say or laugh at the sheer rediculousness of it. "Be carefull what you wish for, you just might get it."

Right now the pilot side of me is saying, "Fool me once, shame on me.."

On-Topic:
I have many stances on wether pilots should use it or not even though i was only just made aware of it when reading this, but it's not worth the bother giving them out, so all i'll say is this:

Furthermore, about moving location. Why don't you just go to another city rather than the others? You know when going there that it is a long established market city, so if your not into trading, why not use another ring or another place to chat? I think you'll come to the same conclusion as the refusing pilots or traders.

It really gets boring watching all these self-appointed guardians of truth and morals appear every now and again and blowing the tiniest of things way out of proportion because forming an opinion is so rare to them that it must be capitalized upon, when in the end, it doesn't matter at all. Get a life people, it's only a game. If your life is so stressful that you must take it out this way, or so empty that you must gain importance this way, i have to say that i quite pity it.
People are far far far too soft these days. Not that the current culture of our society doesn't encourage it. It's pathetic how we whine about every little thing.

I'm a sort of mixture between tired and bored right now, so my post probably lacks the usual level of restraint i would impose and may come across as insulting. Sorry if it does, but i do think this "issue" isn't really an issue at all, just a nice sign that if this is all you have to complain about, MA are losing their touch.

And DYM - i wasn't counting you in the "self-appointed guardians..." part, as you made a valid point and didn't say we should never use it, just not over spam.

I have to say that this has to be the utmost in mindless drivel I have ever seen on any forum, pls someone outline a comment with any sense in it in this quote I got lost after first paragraph

YourMom; said:
I agree with those that said if you see someone looking for a flight, by all means let them know you're flying. Or to maybe say "Selling seats to space @ Vote" once every 10 or so minutes - not a big deal.

Yes I agree there that an occasional flipside to public is fine or letting someone looking know that flights are available. Most people including myself are happy to point someone looking for a flight in the right direction. It is the spamming evey 2 minutes that becomes annoying the incoming and outgoing avatars in Twins don't come and go that quickly. If they do they are not looking for a flight are they?

Serica; said:
I agree that using 4 lines of chat/message is over the top - and counter-productive really, cos I find its usually harder to read.

Mostly I only repeat once every full chat window using trade chat, tho I will intersperse that with local chat at times - especially when someone who regularly flies comes thru the tp.

Thats one full chat window including ALL chats, including soc and global.

---

Why use Twins ? Cos thats where people come looking for a pilot.
Pink and Mylcat both tried using PA.
As I recall, it took only a very short time before they were back in Twins, due to lack of custom in PA.

---

Frankly, I find the trade-in-local-chat far less irritating than the

Quote:
"Backstabber"
"I hate you"
"I hate you more"
"You're gay"

that passes for 'conversation' in the ring most of the time.

But sadly, I dont get to turn that off, cos I need to have local chat on in case people ask for a flight.

I guess what it comes down to in the end, is having a little consideration for others.

This is not the converstion most of the time in Twins by all the people that frequent the ring. It is a select few talking to each other and others in such a degrading way, from some you get the reaction back, I myself am learning not to react, I don't react in that way but I do swear to get my point across and when its mentioned someone doesn't like it I censor the words. If i can compromise then so can pilots and traders.

One last point when noobs tp in and see pilots spamming in public chat they then believe its okay to spam trade in public chat. Same goes if they see traders using public chat which is why I go out of my way to remind people. If those that do remind others, didn't. We would have a public chat chock a block full of trade spam just like before the trade channel was introduced. If that happens then there was no point to MA offering us a choice in the first place.

Warmest regards
Rayne

I have to say that this has to be the utmost in mindless drivel I have ever seen on any forum, pls someone outline a comment with any sense in it in this quote I got lost after first paragraph

So what your saying is, this is drivel because you were unable to comprehend it? :rolleyes:
I'll tell you what, i'll quote it and underline my points so that you can grasp it a little easier, okay? (oh look, we can all be condacending, and there i thought you were the only one...)
I really could care less about your kind of person because i've come across them so often that it's quite tedious. I know that you won't do anything but mud-sling and refuse to see why i and anyone else who disagrees with you are anything but complete and total wan*ers.
Who was it said, "oppinions are like arseholes; everyone has one."
Yours, like mine, is nothing special or new. Stop trying to make or take a simple discussion over wether pilots should or should not use the trade channel personal.

Yes I agree there that an occasional flipside to public is fine or letting someone looking know that flights are available... ..the incoming and outgoing avatars in Twins don't come and go that quickly. If they do they are not looking for a flight are they?

You obviously didn't read my post at all as you claimed. Pretty ignorant of you. At least i had the decency to read yours. Funny how you chose to bypass it and dismiss it as nonsense because you were in such a hurry to polish that pedestal you've put yourself upon.
I said quite clearly at the first third and ending of my post that typing a single line message and not constantly spamming it was fine, and was always the way it used to be done. And no, not every ten minutes, click the chat window to large display and send the message once - when the message disapears, send it again.

To the emboldened line and the sentence before it:
Umm.. they may be. The outgoing obviously are not very likely to be looking, but the incoming may very well be. And yes, the traffic to Twins is quite high, i don't see how you can deny that at all. A lot of those on my fl had and have a habbit of just going to Twins for a few seconds or a minute or two(not just them though, a large portion of customers i flew also) to see if pilots were there, generally they didn't ask because in business the provider chases the customer, you don't make the customer come looking to you so it was expected that a message would crop up at least once per text screen.

As i said, DYM has a fair point that a wall of text is uneccesarry, but there is nothing wrong with a single line every window and it's hardly going to make the actual people chatting unable to read because of the lightening fast speed that this one line moves the chat at.

This is not the converstion most of the time in Twins by all the people that frequent the ring. It is a select few...

Hahaha, go on, pull the other one...:rolleyes:
This is the general chat pattern that goes on. It has been for years. It was in other octagons before Twins and even before pvp was introduced when people were rp'ing in hunting or after it was hunters and their runners would do it.
As for "such a degrading way", they aren't seriously insulting each other, they are all just role-playing:
P1 - "I hate you, die!"
P2 - "oh! you got me. ahh you bas*ard".
It's pretty funny the way your taking that to heart and condeming it when it's all in the spirit of fun.

One last point when noobs tp in and see pilots spamming in public chat they then believe its okay to spam trade in public chat... Same goes if they see traders using public chat which is why I go out of my way to remind people. If those that do remind others, didn't. We would have a public chat chock a block full of trade spam just like before the trade channel was introduced.

I'm sorry, but your just making it incredibly hard for me not to slate you.
You think that Twins is bad? Care to explain why those noobs wouldn't pick this up with far greater ease at PA where they originate? Naa, guess you never considered that, what with you being on some strange vandetta and all.
As i said earlier, i've seen your type come and go many a time over the years in all areas of PE and they never last or get much done, just shout about their own moral compass and blow their own trumpet until no-one can be bothered listening to it any longer.
As for wether it would all fall apart without you reminding everyone, why don't you try stopping for a month? I think you'll be unpleasantly surprised at just how little influence you truly have.

I'm going to further clarify.
You are one of the "self-appointed guardians of truth and moral standards" i was reffering to. Your spiel about how well networked you are in the pilot/passenger world was something else. Let's just say you really were as influencial as you thought you were(and i would wager a lot that you are not). So what? You are a big important person in a tiny tiny profession in a largly unknown game. If you were such a phenominal influence on things and had such incredible ability to hold together entire (albeit tiny and simple) economies, surely you would be widely known and successful IRL and would have no time for such petty things as playground ethics in a fictional universe in a circle that involves perhaps 2K people at most.

You've blown this just as out of proportion as your stature. The issue is far simpler than you are making out and as i said before, is barely worthy of the title "issue".
The answer has been given by both the thread starter(DYM) and Serica: Pilots, like everyone else, have no "obligation" to do anything, but the most sensible way for them to conduct themselves is the time honoured fashion of one line per extended chat screen. This way it keep those only there for a short time aware, does not interfere or make it hard for the chatters/pvpers to know what's going on and keep everyone bar the extremists happy - but you can't please everyone and you can never please both extremes.

Now, i'm going to quote and underline the points in my previous post as i said i would before. If your vision is still so limited that you cannot see my point after that, then i'm sorry, but that's just a problem that your going to choose to deal with by yourself, (or not, as i think would be more likely...).

I don't think that i can be bothered at all having the same tired thing yet again, so i'll likely just bow out of this thread after reading the likely scathing response you will drop.
I'de like to point out though, before i go, that for someone like me who quite obviously talks nothing but nonsense as far as your concerned, i have had only three -Reps in over four years on EF. Now i don't like to sing any praises about myself and that's not my intention. I'm merely stating that i can't be as without point or accuracy as you suggested by dismissing my post as such if so many have agreed with them. I'm hardly MS9 or Pinky either, so they weren't free Reps for a status because i have no status(not that they don't earn theirs).

Off-Topic: Skipped because it was, well.. off-topic.
I don't even know if you'll bother to read this, but it's here if you do, knock yourself out. That's me, i'm done with this. The answers were laid out already, there is nothing more that can be realistically constructive. Enjoy the game.

1."Selling - 3 Tickets - 20PED @ Vote" - That's the message format i used to use, and i find it acceptable. I agree that multiple lines should not be done as there is no real cause for it.

2.What goes through all chat is generally mindless drivel

3.traders don't moan towards you to keep it in your pm's.

4.Why don't you just go to another city rather than the others? You know when going there that it is a long established market city, so if your not into trading, why not use another ring or another place to chat? I think you'll come to the same conclusion as the refusing pilots or traders.

5.It's not hurting you, not even inconveniencing you as much as it used to inconvenience you because half or more of the trading spam is gone to the designated channel.

6.when in the end, it doesn't matter at all.

7.It's pathetic how we whine about every little thing.

8.this "issue" isn't really an issue at all, just a nice sign that if this is all you have to complain about, MA are losing their touch.

Back