Skill Scanner

Worked like a charm.
Only two quirks found are the missing material designer and material manufacterer.

these professions have never been supported in the skill scanner :)

why? because professions are not scanned, they are calculated from the contributing %'s of each skill, and these professions are unknown yet.

its working fine again ^^
perfectly tuned with my very very very (did i mentio very) scientific method of getting the .xx value XD
at least i know i wasnt too wrong while i was measuring it with a ruler XD

good job ^^

I have to say, it works flawlessly for me, although I think the precision might be off by a little bit compared to before because it seems I've lost 0.02 - 0.03 skill points in some skills between VUs :p

Nothing that's game breaking though.

Thanks again! (another donation coming up)

just used the current version of the scanner and it looks like it grabbed everything perfectly great work.

**note im not too perfect on the .XX so im only reporting on the whole number but the .XX did look right on the skills as well.**

perfectly tuned with my very very very (did i mentio very) scientific method of getting the .xx value XD
at least i know i wasnt too wrong while i was measuring it with a ruler XD

Eron²;1361379 said:
**note im not too perfect on the .XX so im only reporting on the whole number but the .XX did look right on the skills as well.**

i'm assuming the full progress bar is 138 pixels wide, and the decimal part is calculated as:

( number of yellow pixels - 1 ) / 138

i had to make an estimation, since i don't have any skill value at "xxxx.99" currently.

in any case, if people wants to double check and report their guesses about the total length of the progress bar, please do :)

Last night, after working previously, v0.11 could not parse two of my skills. v0.12 seems to have fixed that (i did not play between using each). :thumbup:

i've made a new version of the skill scanner that, hopefully, will work with the new skill screens.

i've been testing v0.11 it with a closed group of testers, and so far, it doesn't look too bad. most of them have reported success in the OCR, while others have reported errors, which should be fixed now in this version (v0.12).

so, everyone willing to do further testing, please go to:

http://jdegre.net/pe/scanner

and start testing with the new screens.

please, remember, this is beta; it might not work ok (the OCR part), and you could have your skill numbers completely wrong. so, don't do anything "serious" with these data until the new version is more stable.

also, posting here "i had errors in the OCR" does not help; instead, taking screenshots of the failures and sending them to me does help a lot.

/jdegre.

I had a bit of trouble figuring out a way to screenshot the app, since it uses the "printscreen" function. Other than that, I think it's a resounding success. BTW, how much do I owe you for my next signature? :laugh:
1337lol.jpg

Last night, after working previously, v0.11 could not parse two of my skills. v0.12 seems to have fixed that (i did not play between using each). :thumbup:

nice to hear that.
still, i've been reported some more errors, so expect a 0.13 version pretty soon.

and i cannot stress enough the importance of sending screenshots and feedback to me, to fine tune the OCR.

everytime i change something in the OCR, i do (automated) regression tests with all the screens i have; in the old skill scanner i had around 250 screens; now, i only have around 120 or so.

so, if you want to raise your chances that the OCR will work ok with your setup, send screenshots to me, please (in BMP or PNG, zipped, and send them to jdegre@gmail.com).

cheers,
/jdegre.

I just tested it, it works perfectly :)

Just tested it myself, and it works as a charm :)
I did a check on every skill, and it captured it as it should!

+rep

Regards
Droid

nice to hear that.
still, i've been reported some more errors, so expect a 0.13 version pretty soon.

and i cannot stress enough the importance of sending screenshots and feedback to me, to fine tune the OCR.

everytime i change something in the OCR, i do (automated) regression tests with all the screens i have; in the old skill scanner i had around 250 screens; now, i only have around 120 or so.

so, if you want to raise your chances that the OCR will work ok with your setup, send screenshots to me, please (in BMP or PNG, zipped, and send them to jdegre@gmail.com).

cheers,
/jdegre.

I took and was going to send you screens of the two skills that would not scan, but it was late at night and I went to bed. I was going to send them in the morning, but then I saw v0.12. :)

I took and was going to send you screens of the two skills that would not scan, but it was late at night and I went to bed. I was going to send them in the morning, but then I saw v0.12. :)

it's ok; that was a general comment, i did not mean you (i had already received your full set of screens :))

and thanks to everyone else that have sent their screens; the test database keeps growing :thumbup:

jdegre,
Worked fine for captured skill screens. This eliminates the need to disable fraps.

Are Professions supposed to be working? I get a no data!

James

jdegre,
Worked fine for captured skill screens. This eliminates the need to disable fraps.

Are Professions supposed to be working? I get a no data!

James

It does not scan professional levels, it calculates your professional levels from the scanned skills.

It does not scan professional levels, it calculates your professional levels from the scanned skills.

Which is unfortunate, because we still have some mis-assigned skills (esp. in mining and defense professions). However, NRF still works (at least it did as of last VU) for professions and anyone with relatively high mining or defense professions is invited to capture their skills with the scanner and professions with NRF and send me the data so i can try to find a better match.

Jdegre's put a lot of work into this tool, so everyone either consider paying through paypal, or come find me and contribute 50 PEDs toward the bounty for a VU 9.3 skill scanner that jdegre will, no doubt, be winning.

Which is unfortunate, because we still have some mis-assigned skills (esp. in mining and defense professions). However, NRF still works (at least it did as of last VU) for professions and anyone with relatively high mining or defense professions is invited to capture their skills with the scanner and professions with NRF and send me the data so i can try to find a better match.

it's funny how the professions window is totally out-of-sync with the rest of the GUI style (if there's such a thing in EU :laugh:), and yet, it did not have a revamp, unlike the skills interface.

i have no doubt that they will throw away the current profession window in one or two VUs timeframe.

Jdegre's put a lot of work into this tool, so everyone either consider paying through paypal, or come find me and contribute 50 PEDs toward the bounty for a VU 9.3 skill scanner that jdegre will, no doubt, be winning.

well, that's very kind of you, doer, for starting up that "bounty" thread; it goes without saying that (if i finally win it :silly2:) everyone that contributed to the bounty will get as gift an account in the site to use it with the chipping optimizer and with the skill scanner (of course that's voluntary; some people have donated to support the tools, and they chose not to have an account because they prefer to keep track of their skills locally in their machines).

these professions have never been supported in the skill scanner :)

why? because professions are not scanned, they are calculated from the contributing %'s of each skill, and these professions are unknown yet.

:eek:
Unknown ?
Nobody is trying to find out ?
Well, if anyone needs some help finding out and in need of some scans, send me a PM. Still at a low level 3 and maybe I could help at least a bit.

:eek:
Unknown ?
Nobody is trying to find out ?
Well, if anyone needs some help finding out and in need of some scans, send me a PM. Still at a low level 3 and maybe I could help at least a bit.

yeah, i'm trying to find out, and i bet doer and jimmyB too; the problem is that there are very limited data. to figure out the %'s, you need either:
- a big amount of data from many different avatars, or
- accurate chipping in/out data of any of the contributing skills

the second option is preferred, by far, so if anybody chips in/out any related skill, please take screenshots of the skill and profession levels before and after.

Reactions: Pip
I have downloaded the newest version.
I will test it tomorrow, with settings on saving shots as BMP.
Any failed scans will be mailed, as requested.

great thing that it actually works :) sweet GJ

jdegre

Thanks for all the time and work you've done on the Skill Scanner and Chipping Optimizer Tool. I'm a software developer too and understand the efforts you must have gone through.

I've sent via email screenshots for your testing processes. I noticed that when parsing skill values of 34xx it drops the 4 from the skill value.
Specifically in my case, my Aim is 3410 and its reported as 310. And my First Aid is 3477 and its reported as 377.

I've also attached the CSV file export from the skill scanner, and a second one with my actual correct values, or specifically the Aim and First Aid Corrected.

I've just donated $US50 as a thankyou for your time and efforts.

Thanks again
Shaz Monaro

I've sent via email screenshots for your testing processes. I noticed that when parsing skill values of 34xx it drops the 4 from the skill value.
Specifically in my case, my Aim is 3410 and its reported as 310. And my First Aid is 3477 and its reported as 377.

thanks a lot bogette, for your report and for your contribution to support the tool :thumbup:

i've fixed the OCR and it now parses correctly your screens, and others that have reported some failures as well.

i've also tweaked the image handling code to make it less demanding in terms of memory, and it has resulted in a significant improvement in speed too (at least in my test PC).

i'll release v0.13 tonight.

cheers,
/jdegre.

thanks a lot bogette, for your report and for your contribution to support the tool :thumbup:

i've fixed the OCR and it now parses correctly your screens, and others that have reported some failures as well.

i've also tweaked the image handling code to make it less demanding in terms of memory, and it has resulted in a significant improvement in speed too (at least in my test PC).

i'll release v0.13 tonight.

cheers,
/jdegre.

MA should hire you. :D

Tested and everything Parsed correctly.

Thanks for the update.

Shaz Monaro

I used the new version for the first time last night.

I came up almost 12k short so i went line by line after taking screenies of all 15 skills pages.

What I found was consistant at least.. have no idea the reason but it is repeatable as I ran the program several times with exact results.

what I found is that if ANY skill started with the number 7 (IE 759.46) the 7 would always be omitted so it was read as 59.46

the other common problem is if the number ended with a 0 (IE 4570.58) it showed up as 457.58.

is this a known bug or do I have issues some how on my end. I do have the latest java you instructed to use so dont think thats an issue but again not a programmer here.

anyway have the data and screeies if you need them to see what I am talking about.

Edit: gah had ver 12 got 13 noiw will try that when I logg in.

Last edited:
I used the new version for the first time last night.

I came up almost 12k short so i went line by line after taking screenies of all 15 skills pages.

What I found was consistant at least.. have no idea the reason but it is repeatable as I ran the program several times with exact results.

what I found is that if ANY skill started with the number 7 (IE 759.46) the 7 would always be omitted so it was read as 59.46

the other common problem is if the number ended with a 0 (IE 4570.58) it showed up as 457.58.

is this a known bug or do I have issues some how on my end. I do have the latest java you instructed to use so dont think thats an issue but again not a programmer here.

anyway have the data and screeies if you need them to see what I am talking about.

Edit: gah had ver 12 got 13 noiw will try that when I logg in.

Do you use 16 bit or 32 bit Color Depth? I had the error with it missing skills starting with "7" when using 16-bit and Window Mode, but it worked perfectly when I used 32 bit. Also, I sent the original (16-bit) screenies to Jdegre, and he got Skill Scanner working for those.

Thanks for updating the scanner! :yay:
Really great work! :wtg:
Have to spread some bla bla bla...:scratch2:

Back