Skill Up Weekends!

I remember the 1st skill bonuses MA introduced, which crashed the skill market and basically ripped every participant with skills off. Than they sweared no other skill bonus events will be made. But they must have seen how effective tool it is - people go nuts for skills.

Actually Marko promised there would be more skill events but there were none. Do you realize that even during a 3x skill event players earn fewer skills then players gained before the skill nerf? In other words 3x skills is about what this game offered for 5 years and you really think a few weeks crashed the market? Is that what happened to the equipment market too? Or could it have been the economy, or the general downward trend of skills prices for the past 10 years.

utah.jpg

The last one I got today was 4% laser weapons boost for 5 minutes :yay: anyone got smaller? :rolleyes:

On a related note, we were hunting in a team with Heiko Rat, using identical weapons, and she got 5% for 8 minutes just seconds earlier; might of course be a coincidence, but maybe random plays only a minor part after all.

:yay::yay:
skillboost00.jpg
:yay::yay:

at the other end of the spectrum
skillboost_long.jpg

I got 150% boost, but only for 7 min 20 sec
Anyone got a longuer one?

i wonder if this will lead to some future scenario where u can pay to obtain these skill gain increases in limited amounts or something.

Never realised there was boosts for more than 5 minutes.

Got 1 gauss boost last night about 50% ish and today, 2 laser boosts in about 90 minutes shooting.

1st boost though, I got very few green lines for the skill needed, 2nd boost, again, very few lines, then last mob, I get a crit then die, fair enough, 3/4 of the boost was used, but what a time to get a crit lol. Both were around 14%

To be honest, it's a nice gesture, but not 1 that will make me go berserk hunting for them (completely random btw folks, after 5 minutes got 1, other at end of hunt).

Is there an Evader (or Dodger) skill boost, or is it tied to the item being used?

(Unlike progress panel, skill boosts seem to be always relevant so far)

Yeah, its tied to the item being used. Normally i get 1 boost per hour, the lowest i got was 10% and the highest 178%. Each boost lasts 5 minutes.

Last edited:
i wonder if this will lead to some future scenario where u can pay to obtain these skill gain increases in limited amounts or something.

FCS, don't give them ideas!!!!

Got a 45% BLP boost which lasts for 20 mins, quite enjoyable at this duration

I had a small 20min boost yesterday, took a picture.

20min_boost.jpg

46% is not very impressive tho. :(

Just got the best bonus so far 200% for 17 mins, thanks Mindark I like it :yay:

Cannot login, I am always timed out!

At the beginning of this Skill Weekend on Thursday I wanted to log into the game in the evening, but I was always timed out and also got the nerving Connection lost error. After surely 1 hour finally the load Screen appeared and - I flow out of the game caused by a timeout.

On Wednesday evening I was able to normal Login, no timeout and Crash occured. Strange! What did happen to the game, that I cannot Login until now?????

The Skill Weekend is Lasting until Monday, I will try to Login at Monday in the afternoon, I hope I can come into the game. 4 days are lost! I am a beginner and this Skill Weekend should have been a good Occasion to Level up quickly,
fortunatly I can save my Money for deposit, I am not willing to spend my Money when I must stay out!!

this weekend the chance of getting a skill bonus and the skill bonus effect are both greatly increased... and i still find this boost quite useless... "yay, i hunted for 5 hours, but i got skills as if i had hunted for 5 hours and 15 minutes, YAY!" come on...

fix the hitbox already... you already announced that you have, now do it ^^

Last edited:
Well I have been crafting... I got a few skill boosts and then right about at the 3k click mark I got another boost however before I could check it out I was suddenly dc'd. :(

I had planned to do another 2k clicks but I have decided not to bother. They aren't high strength or that long so not really worth it to me on crafting. In fact, it seems to do far better in hunting.

FCS, don't give them ideas!!!!

That is actully a good thing, because it would mean more money put into the system and more money is good. And since this is a F2P game you need these types of items to be possible to buy to make the company survive.

I have a question, slightly related : Anyone got a global while being boosted?

Had one so far: laser combat skills or something like that. 26% boost for 6 minutes...........................................:(

I swear, ppl would complain about a rainbow...

FFS its better than NOT getting the bonus...

Rainbows are not Diablo-Like.

heres a really really good bonus I just got

At the beginning of this Skill Weekend on Thursday I wanted to log into the game in the evening, but I was always timed out and also got the nerving Connection lost error. After surely 1 hour finally the load Screen appeared and - I flow out of the game caused by a timeout.

On Wednesday evening I was able to normal Login, no timeout and Crash occured. Strange! What did happen to the game, that I cannot Login until now?????

The Skill Weekend is Lasting until Monday, I will try to Login at Monday in the afternoon, I hope I can come into the game. 4 days are lost! I am a beginner and this Skill Weekend should have been a good Occasion to Level up quickly,
fortunatly I can save my Money for deposit, I am not willing to spend my Money when I must stay out!!

Don't know anyone who has this problem right now. - Have you tried to run repair?

Any one get a bonus on a melee weapon?

My hunts are not as long as they used to be (~1 hour) and I have not had a bonus while doing the Armax
challenge with a Philosopher's Sword.

James

Don't know anyone who has this problem right now. - Have you tried to run repair?

I've had it, but after a few attempts and a restart of the client loader, it usualy goes through.

XZC

My hunts are not as long as they used to be (~1 hour) and I have not had a bonus while doing the Armax

James

I got bonus's on mindforce as well as melee weapons...it works fine.

Here's a crafting boost:
print_screen_2013-10-06_15-43-6.jpg

Happened near the start of a generic leather texture run, lasted ~70 clicks, got exactly one green line in that time. :yay:

The description implies there are several different boosts in crafting.

Last edited:

If my memory serves me right, so far I've had at least one and on several occasions two per each Bukin's Blade or S.I. Psy-Blade burned.

Not enough data points so far but I suspect faster weapons are more likely to give a boost, however small they might be.

James

Have gotten several bonuses from 40% to 100% and my best 196% for Clubs Yesterday and Day Before

James

Im exclusively melee. I have gotten up to 200% bonuses on sword and whip.

They seem to be random though. In 1000 PED hunts I can do 4 bonuses, or zero.

1000 PED Hunts ??
What weapon are you using?
It takes me about an hour to use up a Philosopher Sword.
That would mean I would need to hunt about 15 hours straight??

James

Back