Skill Up Weekends!

I had no skillbonus so far at all, sure haven't played all day long but been on for a couple of hours at least and done some mining but nope nada.

1000 PED Hunts ??
What weapon are you using?
It takes me about an hour to use up a Philosopher Sword.
That would mean I would need to hunt about 15 hours straight??

James
Hi, don't worry I got a 5min +100% bonus without even completely breaking the first Philosopher sword. It seems to be *dynamic* just like the rest. lol
Also these bonuses are pretty irrelevant to your total skill progress given that you could also just hunt 5 mins longer and get the exact same ammount of skills without ever having a bonus! xD
What made the previous 2x or 3x skill events so special is that the bonus lasted for days, but with some random 5min 2x skill bonus after ~300ped cycled the total effect is neglectible.

Maybe the no skill bonus is related to my using a relatively low damage weapon with my high (11k) longblade skill?

James

Maybe the no skill bonus is related to my using a relatively low damage weapon with my high (11k) longblade skill?

James

well, Im getting bonus on rubio and my hit/dmg is 23/27 (not as far of a difference as you, but still quite overlevelled for it)

I got a bonus on whip, playing less than 2 hours.

I got multiple bonuses on sword, despite being well out of SIB with almost 7000 points in longblades. I did not play all weekend, and cycled 1000 PED 3 times.

I think the bonuses are fairly random, to be honest.

- MR

Hi, .......
What made the previous 2x or 3x skill events so special is that the bonus lasted for days, but with some random 5min 2x skill bonus after ~300ped cycled the total effect is neglectible.

This skill buff is just a bad joke! Maybe usable if it is connected to a bot pill or such.
If Ma will be kind to us players, or will get more ppl playing, then i would say that a skill bonus like 2x skills over a weekend would do the job. But this skill buffs are really a joke, like most things MA is doing since a while!

This skill buff is just a bad joke! Maybe usable if it is connected to a bot pill or such.
If Ma will be kind to us players, or will get more ppl playing, then i would say that a skill bonus like 2x skills over a weekend would do the job. But this skill buffs are really a joke, like most things MA is doing since a while!

Disagree. I found the skill buffs to be pretty nice, and totally noticeable. Gained half a professional level (42-43) in just a few hours of play, with a buff flashing off every 30 minutes or so.

What I think people are saying in this thread is basically what people are saying in every thread:

They want more.

More loot (currently my returns are at 95% TT average).
More buffs.
More content.
More...

Instead of looking at what folks dont have, I have a suggestion. Look at what you do have.

yup, they just introduced a new layer of gambling. Before you had to be lucky for the loot, now you have to be lucky for both loot and skillgain.
Beside that i agree with who said this even was a joke. MA introduced nicely it would be an opportunity for them to rank up faster, however if the newbie has to spend 1000 PED to get his first skill boost, he already isn't a disciple anymore.
As for me, well, i ain't swede nor MA promotionnal avatar, so skill boost are rare. Luckily frequency was 'increased' during this week end so i could manage to get maybe 7 of about 4 min each and boost between 26-105%.
Happy to see some more equal avatar than over got 150 for up to 20 min. I would really like to know how activity is defined by MA and if auto triggered means Caesar's Entropia v2.

As for me, well, i ain't swede nor MA promotionnal avatar

Neither am I.

I'd be a piss poor promotional avatar right now considering for the last 2 months I have been mired in server migrations and database design at my real job, and have been lucky to log on once a week.

I made a point to play this weekend. Like literally I had to tell folks who wanted to hang out that I was busy on my only 2 free days in the last 20 or so.

Neither am I.

I'd be a piss poor promotional avatar right now considering for the last 2 months I have been mired in server migrations and database design at my real job, and have been lucky to log on once a week.

I made a point to play this weekend. Like literally I had to tell folks who wanted to hang out that I was busy on my only 2 free days in the last 20 or so.

Hmm..MA is also server migrating and that kinda thing..any connection?:laugh:

Disclaimer: Just a joke:)

Disagree. I found the skill buffs to be pretty nice, and totally noticeable. Gained half a professional level (42-43) in just a few hours of play, with a buff flashing off every 30 minutes or so.

What I think people are saying in this thread is basically what people are saying in every thread:

They want more.

More loot (currently my returns are at 95% TT average).
More buffs.
More content.
More...

Instead of looking at what folks dont have, I have a suggestion. Look at what you do have.

Lucky you, maybe!
I got 3 x 5 min buff, each time it was if my ammo was used. And this is no joke?
Why not pills, so we can use the buff then when we need it. Or even give us 1 weekend with 2x skills. After that bad summer where most ppl was only losing a ton of peds, they could be kind and give us some thing, and not poor things. Not to say what i lost while they let test players the new VU.
MA is only taken, and give us near noting.
Im tired to depo 1k and it last for 4 days, after i cleaned my storage, sold my deed and lost all within 2 weeks.

So a 2 x skill would be a sign to us, that MA don't only take what they can take!
At least. this also would help, that ppl maybe start to depo and play more.

this dynamic buffs don't generate more players!

So a 2 x skill would be a sign to us, that MA don't only take what they can take!
At least. this also would help, that ppl maybe start to depo and play more.

I dont think so. I think folks would still complain its not enough. I also think some customers have already made up their minds about the level of service they are provided, and are departing anyway.

We have a saying where I come from:

"You cant please everybody."

Some folks have been complaining on this forum for years. To be perfectly honest, if they left the community it would be a good thing. Maybe people would actually start being able to have serious conversations about the product itself, instead of conversations that illustrate concepts from a 2004 book called "The Paradox of Choice."

In it a psychological phenomenon is observed:

When consumers are exposed to increased variety and positive change simultaneously, satisfaction actually decreases despite the fact that their experience has been enriched.

Funny to think about. Ironic? Maybe.

Does 10:00 UTC mean morning? Does MA use the 24hr time notation?

I swear, ppl would complain about a rainbow...

FFS its better than NOT getting the bonus...

Provided they haven't reduced the skill gain the rest of the time, it wouldn't be the first time they silently done it. While I hunt I've often gone for long periods with little or no skill gain so a 20% gain on only a few points doesn't much difference to me.

I'll still choose when to stop based on loot not on skill gain.

It's Amazing!

0_skill_boost.jpg

Wow! Just received this super fantastic Skill boost! Thanks MA! :p

Everything seems to be working as intended.
Here is to me complaining its not enough..... :shots:
ubergain.jpg

;)

Everything seems to be working as intended.
Here is to me complaining its not enough..... :shots:
ubergain.jpg

;)

LOL OHHH MY 1%
That is a friggin joke!!

Let's go get a no looter sand king!!

Well...after my € 40 depo, I am broke again. Did a run on Simple I Conductors, got about 80% tt return... and didn't see a buff. (But that might be due to my sleepy eyes)

Last edited:
Well...after my € 40 depo, I am broke again. Did a run on Simple I Conductors, got about 80% tt return... and didn't see a buff.

Gambling tt food at the crafting machine will always get you broke.... you cannot win over MA, there is no such thing as sustainable profit without markup... you can get globals and hofs, but they will merely move you closer to breakeven.... profit always comes from other players (MU), not from mindark....

In case a dev is checkin this.....

Please consider the skill rate of crafting over other professions.

Crafting is static, there is one attack rate per minute...it is slow and cannot be modified with amps/decay.

On top of this, the skill gains from crafting come FAR FAR LESS than with hunting or mining.

For every buff (prob 6 or so atm) I have received in crafting I have gotten at most 7 gains in the 5 min span.
Hunting I watch so many more than that go by.

Mining I could see how it could probably be similar problem due to the static drop rate.

The skill buffs definately cater more to hunters than anyone else. Probably not enough data ofc, but so far, Ive gotten no lower than 20% in hunting up to over 200%, in crafting only from 1% to 25%.

I finally got a bonus -> blades 50% for 11 minutes using my normal hunting setup.
The only difference is I did not log off between runs and it happened during the second run.
James

I finally got a bonus -> blades 50% for 11 minutes using my normal hunting setup.
The only difference is I did not log off between runs and it happened during the second run.
James

Question: were you about to move up a level in blades? (85%+ in prof. lvl?)

Instead of skill weekend, it should be called skill minutes :mad:

Thx MA for skill up weekend, i really enjoy that :*

skill_bost.jpg

Thx MA for skill up weekend, i really enjoy that :*

skill_bost.jpg

What I don't understand is that this was known last weekend and they didn't change it. How hard can it be to change a 0 to lets say 5? :scratch2:

I guess that's the skill boost equivalent of getting Nova fragments in loot.

I guess that's the skill boost equivalent of getting Nova fragments in loot.

Not only that, i got lots of blazzar as well, tonns of no loot messages, thousands of misses (it was at least 200% more misses compared to normal rates). This ****ing skill up week resulted totally in 400% peds loss than ordinary, i even had to stop hunting on sunday because of huge loss. I wonder why CLD return for last week was less than the previous week then. I got my worst feelings that someone Big is cheating against all players in really huge scale!

PS: Please let me know if u had same terrible loot during the last week.

Last edited:
Not only that, i got lots of blazzar as well, tonns of no loot messages, thousands of misses (it was at least 200% more misses compared to normal rates). This ****ing skill up week resulted totally in 400% peds loss than ordinary, i even had to stop hunting on sunday because of huge loss. I wonder why CLD return for last week was less than the previous week then. I got my worst feelings that someone Big is cheating against all players in really huge scale!

PS: Please let me know if u had same terrible loot during the last week.

Over the weekend my loot was better than it has been in months.

James

Back