Elite
Society
Rangers
dutch fluske
since vu prices are freefalling

former full lwt now goes for 73
full aim went for 160
full hg for 180

so..either a lot of people are selling out,or prices for skills were kept upartificially high cause of resellers....damn..we need resellers now :)

Noone is sure how the ESI system works now. Once people understand how everything goes, the prices should restabalize somewhat.

I personally believe that since a 1250 ESI can hold 10k+ skill, that if you filled it with what would have been an old ESIs worth of skill, the new empty ESI you recieve will work out in a ratio assemetrical to 110 old ESIS in that 1250.

Now only if someone would have the balls to break a full ESI, or if I could loot one...

this is becouse ESI prices are falling.. now ESI loots 1000times more then before, and thats why ppl can sell without ESI costs or "inserter" costs

Stryker said:
Noone is sure how the ESI system works now. Once people understand how everything goes, the prices should restabalize somewhat.

I personally believe that since a 1250 ESI can hold 10k+ skill, that if you filled it with what would have been an old ESIs worth of skill, the new empty ESI you recieve will work out in a ratio assemetrical to 110 old ESIS in that 1250.

Now only if someone would have the balls to break a full ESI, or if I could loot one...
Well you dont have to fill it complete - whatever is left (when you finish filling) of the old esi you get in a new one - - - if i read the messge right.

Yquem said:
Well you dont have to fill it complete - whatever is left (when you finish filling) of the old esi you get in a new one - - - if i read the messge right.

Thats exactly what I said :laugh:

Fortunatly stryker knows for sure skills retain their value :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Stryker said:

what do you want to do? I just looted one...

Yquem said:

I got the feeeling you got the PEDS left over..but another esi would be awesome.

Frigid said:
I got the feeeling you got the PEDS left over..but another esi would be awesome.

You get another esi, but if there is < 10 ped left you will get money (so u better fill it straight up if u have a 11 ped one).

chielsen said:
You get another esi, but if there is < 10 ped left you will get money (so u better fill it straight up if u have a 11 ped one).
Yes it's a lot better to have a 'big' esi than the old (12.5 pedder) - now you can put smaller esi on the marked - and not like in the old day waste an esi with not skill enough to fill it complete

well....it should not matter if esi drop much or not or even if ya can buy it at tt for 1 ped
before vu if ya bought an riflechip you payed the 260 ped for the rifleskillgains ..what the seller payed for the esi dont matter

so why should rifleskills be worth less like 30-40% ?
you still get the same amount of skills you got before vu

so..either skils were overpriced,resellers inflated artificially,or lots people selling out

Yquem said:
Yes it's a lot better to have a 'big' esi than the old (12.5 pedder) - now you can put smaller esi on the marked - and not like in the old day waste an esi with not skill enough to fill it complete

Ahhhhhhh! Then my uber-esi is a big, big bargain! 100 fully-filled ESI's just waiting to be used, or more smaller, partially filled ones...

Frigid said:
Ahhhhhhh! Then my uber-esi is a big, big bargain! 100 fully-filled ESI's just waiting to be used, or more smaller, partially filled ones...
Yep an 100 ped esi is equal 8 old esi - and you just looted 100 esi's

fluske said:
well....it should not matter if esi drop much or not or even if ya can buy it at tt for 1 ped
before vu if ya bought an riflechip you payed the 260 ped for the rifleskillgains ..what the seller payed for the esi dont matter

so..either skils were overpriced,resellers inflated artificially,or lots people selling out

why it does not metter what seller paid for ESI? it matters a lot!

old way (i posted it on our soc forum) - LWT 145 (ESI cost 80)

so for 10 LWT chips you pay 800 in ESI cost out og 1450peds!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or if you take evade 800per chip, then cost of ESI was only 10% of the cost of skill...

so as Stryker said - the cost of "ESI space" will adjust to something constant... i would say XXpeds for XXlevels + Cost of Skill.

fluske said:

Because with old esi price u couldnt chip out 1000 lwt because the esi was more expensive than the partial filles chip. Now u can chip out low amounts too, so more offer means lower prices.
And if sellers were ok with the 30 ped profit on the lwt skill, they can still make the 30 but now the total price is lower. So what u should get is some like newprice = oldprice + (new esi price - old esi price) / 2
That is if both buyer and selling take half of the drop in esi price.

And for esi's to be in % is perfectly understandable. Because 2 chips of 10 ped give u just as much skill as 1 of 20 (so it's lineair) you can make the price

Price = a*x, where a is the amount you pay for 1 ped tt, and x is the tt value (amount of skills). And you can turn a into a % by perc = a*100%
This makes more sense than amountforskills + skill, because the esi cost u money and the amount of esi u need is also a lineair function of the amount of skill u chip.

they are dropping because ESI will soon be tt food.

the amount of esi's dropping now (in terms of how much skills they can hold) is insane.

No one will be buying these ESI's soon because there simply isnt enough people who need to sell that many skills.

Within 90 days esi's will be tt food. :wise:

what i want to know is, why are there sub-1ped tt value listings? how can that be worthwhile?

aridash said:
what i want to know is, why are there sub-1ped tt value listings? how can that be worthwhile?

Well if you have a 20 ped ESI and fill it with just 200 skills (if that's all you got in the skill; ie not 200 out of 10000) the resulting skillchip will be less then 1ped for sure - and your new ESI will be like 19,x ped tt.

Most <1ped chips contain crafting skills, and those are expensive and hard to get. :)

so what happens to my ESI in storage..

I can not get in at the moment, what is happening to the esi I have in storage??

Z

Zarah Reaper Ga said:
I can not get in at the moment, what is happening to the esi I have in storage??

Z

I would guess they.. just sit there? :laugh:

No really, you haven't been online since the new VU? All old ESIs were replaced with new ones at a tt value of 12,5ped.

An old full skillchip would be 10ped (9,999..) and if you fill one of those 12,5 chips the skillchip will be 12,5*0,9=11,25 (aprox). And as 11,25 > 9,99 you can't really complain about what they did.

It's a fact that the marketvalue of them decreased, though. :rolleyes:

Zib Black Onyx said:
they are dropping because ESI will soon be tt food.

the amount of esi's dropping now (in terms of how much skills they can hold) is insane.

No one will be buying these ESI's soon because there simply isnt enough people who need to sell that many skills.

Within 90 days esi's will be tt food. :wise:

Unless the rate changes, I think you will be right...

i do not think the price of skills should bugde an inch. the only thing that is changing is the cost of the ESI. i think people are confusing the two...

making the esi's more available does not make the skills more available. its just a new system to
a) make the transferance of big bulks of skill easier, as well as
b) give MA a big slice of decay

before the VU, people had a balanced and calculated value of skills and esi's, both in seperate categorys. before the VU, the total price comprised of esi value + skill value.

now, this VU, nothing about the skills have changed, so why should the prices change?? only the esi's have changed in value, so why change the skill value too??
taking this into account, any person who thinks logically has to assume that new VU loaded skill implants = new esi value (this could be whatever the person payed for the whole esi devided by the %ge portion of esi filled up with skills) + skill value (which imo SHOULD hold the same value as it did before the VU, as skills havent changed whatsoever!!)

comments on this anyone???? :confused:

I'm also interested in how to settle prices for bigger amounts of skills especially since I want to sell 9k lb and wouldn't necessarily like to sell underpriced.
Thanks to bigger ESI's total cost to both seller & buyer gets smaller if markup on ESI comes to sensible level.
Interesting times we live in.

Interesting times we live in.

One thing keeps popping into my head.

"8.7 A VU too far"

fresco,

form a skillbuyersvieuwpoint it really does not matter what the seller payed for the esi
the esi is just the vehicle for the skills

buyer is paying for skills,not for esi

lets look at this another way..some people sell skills yet asked for buyer to supply the esi..
so..now esi has dropped in price..the seller of skills can ask higher price ?

Konve said:
Well if you have a 20 ped ESI and fill it with just 200 skills (if that's all you got in the skill; ie not 200 out of 10000) the resulting skillchip will be less then 1ped for sure - and your new ESI will be like 19,x ped tt.

Most <1ped chips contain crafting skills, and those are expensive and hard to get. :)

its regular skills, take a look in combat and you'll see Rifle chip with a tt of say 0.12PED, which (for me) contains about 10 lvls. It occurs to me that it may be noobs selling 50 or 100 lvls at a time? still weird.

Rizzet said:
this is becouse ESI prices are falling.. now ESI loots 1000times more then before, and thats why ppl can sell without ESI costs or "inserter" costs

This statement makes no sense...

I bet 90% of thoes skills put for sale on auc...were put there befor this f..... vu...and ppl therefor paid verymuch for the esi....or looted it...

This should not inflict skill prices...

and.. the prices drop on skills started long befor this vu was launched...

It is something else.....and it is outthere.....still.... :vampire:

It wouldnt suprise me one bit if mindarks 'balancing' makes esi's stop dropping altogether for a while if people are looting them so often, so keep them in storage not the tt :laugh:

As for the pricedrop, I havent noticed as I don't buy/sell skills (and I'm still a deciple anyway), but the price is controlled by supply and demand, if theres more people selling than what there is buying they will try to compete to sell theirs first by lowering their prices, thats what I think is happening, not caused by the esi change.

Combat skills used to go for ESI+45 PED in average, so without the ESI part, they could drop as low as 40-50 ped for full chip.

Just my :wise:

Back