Solutions for Mindark to remove lootable pvp in space

Alina

Elite
Society
freeeeee
Stoica Alina Alina
I'm thinking for while what can work to remove the lootable pvp because its just to broken and starts to much drama also they have to keep the economy of the planets, that's their main goal.

So i was thinking the only solution could be to increase so much the oil consumption in space that a warp is cheaper than flying and decreasing also the speed so it will take you a long period to reach a planet.

What you guys see as solution ?

This idea is mostly good except for the speed part. Maybe increase the decay on space thrusters instead of the oil? Help the L economy a bit.

And as it has been suggested before, I think it would be cool if killing players in space worked like killing mobs, you get what you spend * multiplier.

1. Make a Interplanetary TP Network
2, Take a Fee for it
3, Share this Fee through all active MS Holders to compensate ( they still can offer hunting trips in space though )
4, You can use this TP Network only once within 24 hours .. if you want to travel back sooner you have to call a MS ( make an easy way to list all active MS which offer services in one spot) like the good ole days when hangar owners all were in one spot offering their travels to CP or Foma
5. If you don´t want to use a TP Network or MS service .. just keep dying killed by pirates ..

I am sure all Planets would profit from this since a lot people avoid the hassle going from planet A to planet B ...

might not perfect just my 2pec

Just treat all players and vehicles in space as shared mobs where the system pays back a percentage of what the player spent to kill the target.
Put some space only loot in the general space loot table.
Put vast mob fields on the direct route between all planets, so you have to actually draw maps and navigate around them in subwarp.
Put cosmic storms as dynamic events that interfere with warptravel (dmg to ship / drop out of warp if too much dmg to propulsion) and move over space sectors like the fog in rdi. (ships can sent warnings to one another which space sector is currently dangerous to cross)
Add more 'outposts' in space - tiny space stations with revives spread over each cluster - allowing hunters to revive closer to where they died and at the same time make it impossible to revive jump half the distance to another planet.
And yes remove lootable if the previous has happened.
Then introduce cargo missions which were promised since 2015 ontop of that - giving ships cargo to haul (which the system has collected auction fees for since 2015) and players cargo ships to hunt for system loot + cargo loot. (for the ease of it just use a version of stable buffs to give spaceships a cargobuff which can be claimed uppon kill and cashed in at target site)

Estimated development effort for all the above - less then 30 developer hours as most is copy paste of existing features and space in essence is an empty void easy to fill.

Last edited:
Lootable PvP has very little to do with pricing because no reasonable person takes any risk, it's really only noobs and people who are lazy or maybe it just slipped their mind - either way it was a ridiculous idea when they added it all those years ago.

It still blows my mind; MA made the equivalent of letting some hobo steal your lunch money because that's the depth of the cost required for "space pvp". Not to mention it requires the least amount of skill of any PvP game I've ever played.

It's really not difficult to fix in any way, and in fact, around 100 solutions would work and still keep the game exactly how it is. Have fun beating your head against MA, maybe in the next 15 years they'll reconsider.

Need to at least prevent people from exploiting space and luring new players out to space in order to loot them.
It reflects badly on the game, not only the abusive players who do it. Its an RCE game, there should be something to prevent this from happening.

- make LOOTABLE space a RED area on the radar
- need to take a TOXIC SHOT before entering, so you cannot enter on accident.
- make SAFE CORRIDORS in space

- make SPACE DEEDS
- make SPACE TELEPORTERS, TP fees go to space deed holders
- 50% of the space deeds is for sale
- 50% of the space deeds is divided among all
WARP capable SHIPS (the bigger the ship, the more deeds)

- make SPACE TELEPORTERS, TP fees go to space deed holders
mindark already announced that there will be jumpgates in ue5 which likely comes with the platform and which i would consider a variant of space teleporters - but i wouldnt be surprised if the entry/exit points are pvp in a similar way to eve online

Estimated development effort for all the above - less then 30 developer hours
tell me you dont work in game dev without telling me you dont work in game dev :)

(just poking fun at you, love your suggestions!)

Just treat all players and vehicles in space as shared mobs where the system pays back a percentage of what the player spent to kill the target.
Put vast mob fields on the direct route between all planets, so you have to actually draw maps and navigate around them in subwarp.
Put cosmic storms as dynamic events that interfere with warptravel (dmg to ship / drop out of warp if too much dmg to propulsion) and move over space sectors like the fog in rdi. (ships can sent warnings to one another which space sector is currently dangerous to cross)
Add more 'outposts' in space - tiny space stations with revives spread over each cluster - allowing hunters to revive closer to where they died and at the same time make it impossible to revive jump half the distance to another planet.
Then introduce cargo missions which were promised since 2015 ontop of that - giving ships cargo to haul (which the system has collected auction fees for since 2015) and players cargo ships to hunt for system loot + cargo loot. (for the ease of it just use a version of stable buffs to give spaceships a cargobuff which can be claimed uppon kill and cashed in at target site)

Estimated development effort for all the above - less then 30 developer hours as most is copy paste of existing features and space in essence is an empty void easy to fill.
Some of these are good ideas.

But it runs the risk of making interplanetary travel too hard, and players will just move between planets less so there needs to be a balance. Good place to start though.

Generally a lot of the player base don't seem to go in much for the whole space thing and only deal with it out of necessity so interplanetary warps for a fee seem like a good idea.
This of course is going to lead to warp capable ship owners crying so stage 2 is new space deeds which share in 90% of the interplanetary and space revenue. As previously suggested a portion of these should go to the ship owners based on he original purchase price of the vessels and the remaining portion based on the assigned value should be available for sale to the general player base.

If this goes in and space is optional, then travel between planets on ships can be the cheaper but more time consuming option. Also at that point a lot of the things JBK has mentioned here can go into space for those who are thus inclined.

tell me you dont work in game dev without telling me you dont work in game dev :)

(just poking fun at you, love your suggestions!)
Its the most annoying thing when you see all the things in a game constantly used in copy/pastes but for some reason noone does the same for space which clearly no dev touches unless specifically assigned.

Considering players/vehicles in space as shared mobs would be the easiest thing to do, plenty of tools already exist in various places in the game to record dmg done/dmg taken/heals received/kills - its a no brainer.
The event terminals could easily be copied and renamed to cargo terminals and use the temp buff system from stables.
Outposts around the universe could easily be copy/paste mothership models (their hangars were already copy/pasted in other places) , place them put a nopvp zone around them, put them in public access mode.
Cosmic storms in their most basic version could be server wide and dmg done each time a ship passes a warpgate that is on a server which has the temp tag 'storm'. Just have categories with different dmg for storms and apply to ships with a random draw for sections.
Placing mob fields is as easy as picking a mob model, picking a place in 3d space and giving parameter for distance up to which mobs can spawn - in an empty void not much else needs consideration and we used to have absolutely massive spawns in space before october 2011 when they changed dimensions and introduced warp.
Usefull spaceonly loot could also be copy/paste at the start, just some simple bp's that use mats from space and craft a range of armament/shield/subwarp/torpedo/energy modules on which can be expanded over time and for which already some bp's exist.

This isnt rocket science - it just has to look like it.

mindark already announced that there will be jumpgates in ue5 which likely comes with the platform and which i would consider a variant of space teleporters - but i wouldnt be surprised if the entry/exit points are pvp in a similar way to eve online
wtb cloacking device!

I reckon a competent and hard-working dev could indeed produce a large amount of the suggestions in fairly few hours.
Various ideas are technically separate from oneanother and can indeed be set up easily if desired.
Other ideas are possibly best left for ue5 now, although I think new ship classes and add-on options could be introduced now as clear indicators too.
What do people think of the space mission event near Caly? Is it too hard, too much teamplay, too expensive, too little reward ...? Should MA lower the difficulities and spread rewards far further across the universe?
Should MA experiment with space even, before ue5, so that during implementation more competence can be put into the many changes we hope for?

Space was created by Mindark to isolate planets so other planets would not steal players from the other planets. Mindark wanted avatars to stay on calypso and not migrate to other planets.

Space in entropia is a safe mecanic for mindarks income and good luck changing that.

There is plenty of other games MA could derive inspiration from in terms of improving space. They don't even need to go into detail and depth of some of the newest iterations to make it fun. I had a blast playing sandbox games like Privateer and the X series back in the day and still play X4 to this day.

PVP and even lootable PVP shouldn't be a barrier to traveling from planet to planet but it can be an interesting aspect of space with the right incentives to travel into those spaces. Planetside lootable PVP has incentives that tickle the risk VS reward aspect of those areas.

All that being said until MA decides to funnel some resources into making space a viable and vibrant option it will just be a barrier. There really needs to be more ship customization, asteroid mining, more NPC patrols, personal docking options for ships (space stations, asteroid bases, etc. etc.), and incorporate planetside hangars in some way.

Ahhh well it is what it is. I don't really worry to much about lootable PVP since I travel really light (have turd will travel) when doing my planet grand tour in my quad.

Some thoughts of mine...
UE5 will show us if they have interest in developing features way more, or if they just drop features
that barely function to generate profit.
If there gonna be changes, they should be based on further developing in new functionality rather
then using excisting limited ones, with goal to "punish" players to solve issues and problems.
Always try to improve and make more interesting content.

Imo they should remove lootable pvp and replace it with both a system that rewards pvp battle, but
also way more things to do in space:

• All stuff that is based on further development that have been mentioned in this thread. :)
• Instances that can only be reached by Motherships and Privateers.
• Space mining and space crafting where Motherships and Privateers have the option to have
craftingmachines, trade terminal, repair, auction and storage onboard, so they can be used as a station
where you can spend days or weeks in spoace.
• More UL ships so everyone can own a UL ship that can be upgraded and improved, current owners
of UL ships will get option to move up one or more classes of ships for free. SI that excist on ship will
be saved on a voucher to be used on the new ship, or option to be sold.
• Every ship should be possible to docked and visited from any size of ships
• Fuel consumption based on weight
• Surprise events where we attack huge ships created by the robots, similar to Titan/Odessey that attacked
Hadesheim.
• Smaller events where we enter haunted unknown Motherships that are packed with spacemobs or
robots, or maybe both.
• There should still be pvp in space, where we get loot from part of repaircost but also from additional
improvements we have on the ship, and since MA loves tokens, why not create something similar to
daily mission tokens, where we get tokens from destroyed ships and can be used to buy space related items.

And there are so many more things that could be created for space...

Make 2 Speeds
- Safe Speed (Unlootable) which takes 2 hours to fly from Caly to Ark
- Unsafe Speed (lootable) which takes 15minutes to fly from Caly to Ark

If you are in unsafe speed and enter safe speed then there is a 60 second call off while you can still be lootable

I'm thinking for while what can work to remove the lootable pvp because its just to broken and starts to much drama also they have to keep the economy of the planets, that's their main goal.

So i was thinking the only solution could be to increase so much the oil consumption in space that a warp is cheaper than flying and decreasing also the speed so it will take you a long period to reach a planet.

What you guys see as solution ?
I don't like the premise of your title and what it insinuates. It frames lootable pvp as a problem itself and a mechanic to be removed from the game when it is an intended feature and a fun gameplay style. "Solutions to make lootable pvp more fun" "Solutions for bugs in lootable pvp" "Suggestions to increase participation in lootable pvp." "Suggestions on how to make lootable pvp consensual only".. Something along those lines. Make the mechanic work properly and most of the anger or hate people have towards it better.

feals like a solution to a question nobody asked, i agree with all of it, once the botters are gone, untill then, all the harm that comes to non botters is justified if one botter has to pay
lol the logic behind that makes me worry for your mental health.. funniest part about this "war on botters" is some of the main people doing it are in society with some of the BIGGEST macro users in the game are they going and "teaching them a lesson" lol its laughable how gullible so many of you are to be like "o ya these are the heros we needed" when really they are just justifying being pirates i mean if u wanna be a scum bag atleast be man enough to own up to it

removed

Last edited:
They should remove lootable from space. Add a carrying limit for using regular quads/sleipnirs in space (if you pass the limit you'll fly slower proportionally based on how much over the capacity you are). Thus using warp services with no carry restriction would still be in demand for carrying all your stackables and for fast travel. They can add new crafting stuff for vehicles that will increase your vehicle's carrying capacity. The grav boxes would need to be revised to prevent someone from carrying all their stackables risk free with no detrimental effects.

They should change how you can add people to your vehicle on planet to prevent exploiting.
Pressing F or right clicking with mouse makes so you unintentionally request to enter someone's vehicle by mistake. You cannot remove yourself from that person's vehicle.
They need to remove the way you request to be in someone's vehicle so it doesn't get triggered by F or right click. A separate action from the action library should be the only way to request it.
People shouldn't be able to drag people from contacts, nearby or even from friends list to add to guest list without showing a popup request window that you need to accept it like a summoning. It's an outdated and retarded system design.

space is not broken, rocket launchers on the other hand are broken and need a fix. lets stop wasting mindarks time with this topic about space, everything is working as intended.

In case the purpose of these suggestions was lost on some, it wasnt just to make space more fun and interesting, the above would accomplish the following:
- No player could loose their property in space anymore
- Pvp between all parties would be fair with everyone and everything being a valid target that yields loot
- Space would finally being considered content as it would become impossible to just afk fly through it
- Ship owners would have an incentive to upgrade their ships to provide secure passage be it subwarp or warp
- a range of mining ressources would receive more demand and in consequence more mu being used for shipupgrades
- the added bonus of cargo ontop of regular loot would create a lucrative scenario of 100%+ tt return not just for cargo vessels but anyone partaking in space pvp
- dense mob fields between planets would allow ships from a single gunner up to full crew to engange in hunting and pvp activities as well as create high activity zones on the direct travel lines while allowing others to dodge dangerous zones by choosing the longer flightpath
- players would no longer be incentivized to log out of the game for extended periods and could be part of space activities without having to fear their belongings
- new space bp's could allow for improved higher efficiency weaponry to make space hunting a feasible alternative to planetside as well as create demand for a number of consumeables like faster fuel, energycells to strengthen shields, repair drones (that could work like space pets that heal you, for all types of ships)

removed

Last edited:
If its working, why is there a never-ending discussion about it?

My guess would be people are biased by their own circumstances , which is normal but not always for the betterment of all.

We do not need a nanny state to watch over our every move , to keep us from making mistakes.

Back