Society
Dirty Dingos
Marco Killy Stur
Again USELESS space to loose time to travel
again a USELESS Burglar that shot to grab some ped
again bad design of a RCE game that allow THIEVES to steal some nutrio bar
but most of all to steal my time because i was reborn at starting point

LESS TIME SHOTING
LESS decay for MA on 2 hours cycle (2 USD)

bad Karma for me because i curse BURGLARS

Forum rules prevent namne posting

Happened to me many times, but I'm a cheapskate and I only pay for warp if I really have to so what I do is c**t the fucker and then go in my Quad and take a different route. Space is massive, they can't be everywhere. 😂😂😂

One easy fix with only 1 trick - Buy vip warp service.All your problems will go away in a second.Be a winner fix problems, don't talk about them.
i usually do... but went for supper and left the quad travelling..... :)

i had too good habits with Normandie-Bus...
but this remains IMHO a stupid time wasting mechanics. teleporter like monria to caly is best solution... PUFF... on the other side.
VIP service is not a solution, well not final solution, warp mines 1 and 2 are craftable.
so it is just less easy.
but yes it is a mechanik...
this game allows price manipulation, resource cornering and stealing....
it is all in all perfect RCE :)

Last edited:
if only there was a safe and faster way to get planet to planet i wonder

how dare a player play the intended mechanics, how rude of him

/s
+1 for the "big dick" IGN... i dont lament of mechanics, but implementation of a useless feature that is self damaging for the "house".
but it is the less of issues :)

some people can get MU off monsters, some cant and steal...
it is like it happens in real life....

The ubers will tell you to adapt or die [and lose all your peds in the process]

The mothership owners will tell you they have services they can provide you.

The players that get shot down will tell you to pay the space mafia their protection money if you want to move safely between planets.

The pirates will tell you to go the scenic route, it should be safer, but eventually they will catch you.

MA will tell you that this is an intended game mechanic.

So many perspectives, whos right? whos wrong? you decide......

Anyway the only realistic way of getting some use out of the battlecruisers is to turn them into buses for moving avatars between planets. It would make more sense to have some actual content in space for the bigger space vehicles, hunting related, and just remove lootable from space altogether but perhaps there are other considerations as well that need to be considered before lootable is removed.

There is arround an interesting screenshot of a well know player being looted k's in pills :)

Vip warp indeed lol

Space as it is , sucks

Culd be a great content if mindark Puts some love in it , maybe ue 5 will handle this

When it first came i thought its a cool thing to do, but hell ... its way to empty

I pay warps to skip the time , i even pay the tp on top after the warp while empty

RCE = No other way then to go through lootable space to get from Planet A to Planet B = epic fail.

Since the implementation of space, this to me has been the biggest fuck-up of MA. Still why MA ever implented space in the way they did and why they have not changed it to this day.

The ubers will tell you to adapt or die [and lose all your peds in the process]

The mothership owners will tell you they have services they can provide you.

The players that get shot down will tell you to pay the space mafia their protection money if you want to move safely between planets.

The pirates will tell you to go the scenic route, it should be safer, but eventually they will catch you.

MA will tell you that this is an intended game mechanic.

So many perspectives, whos right? whos wrong? you decide......
Here's the thing, and maybe you aren't sure how perspectives work, but ALL of these are correct.

A helpful idea might be to revisit this situation later, after the emotional impact has subsided, and try to construct rational reasons why one should believe roleplaying a pirate in Entropia is morally impermissible, or that the opportunity to do so should not exist in Entropia, or whatever conclusion(s) you actually believe. Try to imagine convincing someone who doesn't already believe your conclusion. They may have as much financial incentive to resist changing their belief as you do, but assume they're acting in sufficiently good faith so as not to maintain their belief regardless of what arguments are presented.

Either you will find good reasons, or you will not. If you do, share them. The reasons, or even the discourse surrounding them, could be of real benefit to the community. I don't have significant financial incentives in either direction, but I have been asking for good reasons to join the anti-pirate crusade for years and haven't found any. In this thread for instance, you've called space PVP useless, but presumably the other party in this encounter got some fun/profit out of it, which clearly counts as useful unless you can articulate some reason to believe their utility doesn't count. You've called the person a thief and a burglar, but clearly they're only roleplaying a thief/burglar in an MMORPG, and moral duties generally aren't invariant across fictional representation boundaries (a killing IRL does not have the same moral status as roleplaying a killing in a video game, acting out a killing in a movie, etc.). You've said this encounter resulted in your having less time to shoot, but clearly maximizing player shooting time at the expense of all other activities in the universe is not a sound game design ideal, else we could do much better by eliminating reload, geography, malls, etc., and just pressing F in a Command Prompt. Finally, you've somehow managed to blame the other party for your cursing them out (or in #calytrade, willing the other party's physical harm/death). To an outsider/newcomer, this type of reasoning probably makes the anti-pirate movement appear absolutely off-the-rocker insane.

If you do not find any compelling reasons, then perhaps you will gain some valuable insight into how multiple people can reasonably disagree on the conclusions you've drawn, and your perspective might shift from "pirates are evil" to "I don't really like pirating, but I can see why some good faith actors might partake in pirating without necessarily disregarding any obvious moral truths." That could also be of real benefit, because you would be able to reflect upon similar situations without suffering the karma concerns you've described.

I have had my bad days when I started playing was going from one planet to another without loot a guy would keep shooting down my sleipnir everytime i try to fly kept doing for quite sometime and when asked not to do it as I don't have any loot he asked for some peds

I talked with live support they said create a support ticket and said he can't help "'PvP is pvp" like wtf.
for me I got addicted to eu so I am still here but for anyone who is like 1 week or so this can lead him to quit the game.

A helpful idea might be to revisit this situation later, after the emotional impact has subsided, and try to construct rational reasons why one should believe roleplaying a pirate in Entropia is morally impermissible, or that the opportunity to do so should not exist in Entropia, or whatever conclusion(s) you actually believe. Try to imagine convincing someone who doesn't already believe your conclusion. They may have as much financial incentive to resist changing their belief as you do, but assume they're acting in sufficiently good faith so as not to maintain their belief regardless of what arguments are presented.

Either you will find good reasons, or you will not. If you do, share them. The reasons, or even the discourse surrounding them, could be of real benefit to the community. I don't have significant financial incentives in either direction, but I have been asking for good reasons to join the anti-pirate crusade for years and haven't found any. In this thread for instance, you've called space PVP useless, but presumably the other party in this encounter got some fun/profit out of it, which clearly counts as useful unless you can articulate some reason to believe their utility doesn't count. You've called the person a thief and a burglar, but clearly they're only roleplaying a thief/burglar in an MMORPG, and moral duties generally aren't invariant across fictional representation boundaries (a killing IRL does not have the same moral status as roleplaying a killing in a video game, acting out a killing in a movie, etc.). You've said this encounter resulted in your having less time to shoot, but clearly maximizing player shooting time at the expense of all other activities in the universe is not a sound game design ideal, else we could do much better by eliminating reload, geography, malls, etc., and just pressing F in a Command Prompt. Finally, you've somehow managed to blame the other party for your cursing them out (or in #calytrade, willing the other party's physical harm/death). To an outsider/newcomer, this type of reasoning probably makes the anti-pirate movement appear absolutely off-the-rocker insane.

If you do not find any compelling reasons, then perhaps you will gain some valuable insight into how multiple people can reasonably disagree on the conclusions you've drawn, and your perspective might shift from "pirates are evil" to "I don't really like pirating, but I can see why some good faith actors might partake in pirating without necessarily disregarding any obvious moral truths." That could also be of real benefit, because you would be able to reflect upon similar situations without suffering the karma concerns you've described.
Very nicely written.

One thing to consider. Is it a mere roleplaying when real money is on the line?

Is there functionally any difference between walking up to a person in real life and taking his/her valuables versus bringing some players avatar hitpoints down to 0 and receiving his/her items in a video game where items can be cashed out for real money? In both scenarios, the robber takes away valuables from the robbed.

I have had my bad days when I started playing was going from one planet to another without loot a guy would keep shooting down my sleipnir everytime i try to fly kept doing for quite sometime and when asked not to do it as I don't have any loot he asked for some peds

I talked with live support they said create a support ticket and said he can't help "'PvP is pvp" like wtf.
for me I got addicted to eu so I am still here but for anyone who is like 1 week or so this can lead him to quit the game.
wait, so you created a support ticket because your cheap ass didnt want to pay for a warp?

why waste their time like that man i mean come on

Is it a mere roleplaying when real money is on the line?
Yes, people roleplay for more in real life. Dungeons and dragons, having to order pizza, chips etc.

Dagorhir- https://dagorhir.com/wordpress/

literally real life roleplaying that can definitely be costly with traveling and eating and drinking and costumes and weapons etc.

Why is this different? Because we are behind computer screen?

Yes, people roleplay for more in real life. Dungeons and dragons, having to order pizza, chips etc.

Dagorhir- https://dagorhir.com/wordpress/

literally real life roleplaying that can definitely be costly with traveling and eating and drinking and costumes and weapons etc.

Why is this different? Because we are behind computer screen?
Hmm, yes, but your examples are of willing roleplaying. These participants are in there specifically for that roleplaying.

My examples had more to do with unwilling roleplaying or the expectation of not getting robbed. Would that change your answer in any way?

Very nicely written.

One thing to consider. Is it a mere roleplaying when real money is on the line?

Is there functionally any difference between walking up to a person in real life and taking his/her valuables versus bringing some players avatar hitpoints down to 0 and receiving his/her items in a video game where items can be cashed out for real money? In both scenarios, the robber takes away valuables from the robbed.
I like to use chess as an example. Capturing a queen IRL would not be thought morally equivalent to roleplaying the capture of a fictional queen in chess, and whether or not the game is played for a wager, in a cash tournament, or with whatever monetary structure you want to attach to individual pieces, squares, etc., doesn't change that. You can ask some other morally-relevant questions, like whether the players have consented to playing the game or one was held at gunpoint, but as far as my imagination goes, I can't think of anything that would remove the metaphor status of capturing the queen in chess and turn it into the moral equivalent of capturing a real queen.

My examples had more to do with unwilling roleplaying or the expectation of not getting robbed. Would that change your answer in any way?
No you agreed to the rules and allowments of the game. Why are you expecting to not die in lootable pvp?

wait, so you created a support ticket because your cheap ass didnt want to pay for a warp?

why waste their time like that man i mean come on
Because its against TOS to repeatedly kill someone, who you know has no loot, or in non lootable pvp. Its called griefing.
There is no reward, intended by the system, and prevents people, like this player, from enjoying a "normal gameplay" of traveling through space.

Because its against TOS to repeatedly kill someone, who you know has no loot, or in non lootable pvp. Its called griefing.
How do they know you had no loot? How do you know you weren't in lootable pvp or by the time they finished attacking you, you were in lootable pvp?

Also its not greifing in non lootable pvp either.

There is no reward, intended by the system, and prevents people, like this player, from enjoying a "normal gameplay" of traveling through space.
Not true, no such rule exists in Entropia when it comes to pvp, if you don't want to let someone access the pvp area, and you are stronger to enforce that, you can.

Really interesting dumb opinions and suggestions here, imagine comparing being looted in pvp in game withing the game rules to being robbed on the street, which is against rules (law), that's one thing, another thing, you are being warned at least 2 or 3 times you are entering a zone where you can loot or be looted by another participant, and still you decide proceeding knowing that information, and then suggest on forum to remove space and pvp, just because it's an uncomfortable experience for you. It is so childish, dumb and selfish.

Because its against TOS to repeatedly kill someone, who you know has no loot, or in non lootable PVP. Its called griefing.
lmao what?

How do they know you had no loot? How do you know you weren't in lootable pvp or by the time they finished attacking you, you were in lootable pvp?

Also its not greifing in non lootable pvp either.
Not true, no such rule exists in Entropia when it comes to pvp, if you don't want to let someone access the pvp area, and you are stronger to enforce that, you can.

Really interesting dumb opinions and suggestions here, imagine comparing being looted in pvp in game withing the game rules to being robbed on the street, which is against rules (law), that's one thing, another thing, you are being warned at least 2 or 3 times you are entering a zone where you can loot or be looted by another participant, and still you decide proceeding knowing that information, and then suggest on forum to remove space and pvp, just because it's an uncomfortable experience for you. It is so childish, dumb and selfish.

I said repeatedly and intentionally.

lmao what?
Yes, anti-griefing rules do exist in TOS.

Yes, anti-griefing rules do exist in TOS.
Doesn't apply to PVP, you are overconfident about something you have no idea what you are talking about. Everything is allowed in pvp.

Back