FYI: Space Pirates Hijacked my ship!

Found your keys outside the docking port, so took for a little spin around the universe.
Suppose you want it back:ahh:but got to warn you empty fuel tank and has a few dings, never was very good at parallel parking.:laugh:

On the seriuos side;
Hope you find it soon.:)

Had the same problem last night with the ship of my soc. I wrote down the coords after landing there and later went back to those coords. There was a ship in the bay (as i expected) but i couldn't enter the ship. Tried refueling it to see if it was "mine", but got the message that i wasn't the owner and couldn't access it.

Checked coords again and again, searched the other bays, relogged and tried again, but all to no avail.

It was only then that i realised it might be on the other level. There is no signpost or whatever there to tell you on which level you are and oddly enough i never really let it sink in there actually ARE 2 levels, until i studied the map a bit more closely and noticed the overlaying bay images. All the times i was up there before, i probably just had the luck to be on the right level straight away. Although that hasn't been more than a handful of occassions since it's not my own ship but the soc's.

So, Neomaven is right a couple of posts back. Your ship is more than likely on the other level, and navigating to get there is a true nightmare. There's no indication on which level you are whatsoever, apart from the 3rd coord in the display (which i didn't wrote down when i landed). 1st level has an altitude of ~100, the second level of ~120. As far as i know, that's the only way you can tell them apart.

Very frustrating if you can't get to your ship in a reasonable amount of time. MA really needs to add some better signs there.

So, go to the bay you think is the right one, check the altitude if it isn't your ship, and then fiddle around till boredome strikes to get to the other level.

My bet is your ship will be there then, worked for me ;)

I wish you a lot of euhh... *cough*.. fun :D

The Federal Empire Strikes back!

After reporting the issue to the authorities of the Federal Empire, intelligence told me that the pirates that hijacked my ship were about to disassemble it for parts and sell it off in the black market.

The Federal Empire sent a mission out to the location and after a short battle they scared the pirates off before they could do any damage.

The Empire was kind enough to use their tractor beams to pull my ship from the outer reaches of our space routes and land it into a bay on CP.

My spaceship equipment seems to be all in working condition, I thank the Empire for all their assistance.

MA should introduce a valet system, single dock to drop your ship off and then get it returned...something closer to the front door.... couple of PEDS for a tip and the NPC flys your ship in all washed and waxed and smelling of cheap new car smell leather.......

I love the smell of cheap new leather:yup:

They lied - it was actually on the Darkside of the Moon - in the interdimensional gap that hides all the previous bugs that return after several VU's ;)

What a let down, so ship was on another level :rolleyes:

You could have spiced it up some, and gone mental, shouting and screaming ma stole it ffs!!

Then we could have at least had a laugh at your expense!

How inconsiderate!! :laugh:

;)

You could have spiced it up some, and gone mental, shouting and screaming ma stole it ffs!!

;)

hahaha, I couldnt agrea more dj.
I am jsut waiting for another lovely thread like the "ma stole my apartment", it was great fun.

hahaha, I couldnt agrea more dj.
I am jsut waiting for another lovely thread like the "ma stole my apartment", it was great fun.

Yeah LOL, unfortunately, they dont come around very often :laugh:

But But But.... So worth the wait! :cool:

:laugh: :wtg: :laugh:

your white bunny chewed thru its fuel lines

look for it at the nearest repair shop

gl finding it

;)

(it was never on another level, it never left the spot I parked it... what happened was when I came back to the spot where I thought I parked the ship, there was a ship there but it said it could not access estate restricted. Since I hadn't been back down to the planet to restrict the estate I figured it wasn't my ship and went running around looking for a ship that wasn't restricted. Support confirmed that it was my ship and I guess fixed it, so was just a bug, sorry :p )

Hope they reimbursed you for the love stains in the back seat.

There is my one movie quote of the week. Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle.

White Castle isnt very good.

ADHD much? :rolleyes:

After reporting the issue to the authorities of the Federal Empire, intelligence told me that the pirates that hijacked my ship were about to disassemble it for parts and sell it off in the black market.

The Federal Empire sent a mission out to the location and after a short battle they scared the pirates off before they could do any damage.

The Empire was kind enough to use their tractor beams to pull my ship from the outer reaches of our space routes and land it into a bay on CP.

My spaceship equipment seems to be all in working condition, I thank the Empire for all their assistance.

Well well, U can hear absolutely magnificent stories about UFOs hijacking ppl, pink elephants took me as a hostage, I swear I left my car here etc.

But kids, learn this: Don't drink and fly! :D :wtg:

And if u go out hiking, don't let Burnsey navigate ;)

You need to clean your ship more.

Your ship flew itself to the Bikini spaceshipwash. And refuse to fly back again... :D

Thats called a parallel universe!:yay:

arrr yes me and my pirates crew captured yarrr shippp arrrrrrr and we will hand it back against 1000k fresh dung and 10 bombardo arrrrrr xD :laugh::laugh:

The map coordinates on CP have been wrong for ages now, probably since the beginning. It seems there is a major calibration problem with the map and the coordinates given when you press "P". If you press "P" and compare those coords to those shown at the map at your current location, they are totally different.

I had this very same problem the first time I parked on CP, wrote down the coords (thinking they would allow me to find the ship later). The coords I wrote down were somewhere completely elsewhere on the map, which of course I did not realize until after my hunt. I spent over 90 minutes searching for my ship. In addition to all else, the two levels (blue and red) are superimposed on one another on the map, making navigation a nightmare, even if you remember where on the map you parked..

I suggested to MA that each parking bay have some kind of identifier or numbering system, with a plaque on the wall outside the bay. Or better yet, a complete redesign of the CP parking system (perhaps more similar to CND, where it is much easier to find ships).

My suggestion is to try searching the other level (if you are on blue level, check on red level, or vice versa). That's how I ended up finding my ship.

yea maybe when cryengine comes in they will fix some of those things no sense redoing it now. seems like they have to redesign the whole universe as it is for cryengine.

Glad it all got figured out though I remember loosing the ship once only ONCE made my own system after that.

o_0 ok it looks like everyone knows whats going on exept for me... Since when can NPC's steal your acutally valuable items like WTF a ship?!?!?! Thats $100's if not $1000's worth, and it can be stolen by space pirates? o_o

Although I have never been to CP before, only CND. So whats CP like then? Sounds like some crazy jazz!

o_0 ok it looks like everyone knows whats going on exept for me... Since when can NPC's steal your acutally valuable items like WTF a ship?!?!?! Thats $100's if not $1000's worth, and it can be stolen by space pirates? o_o

Although I have never been to CP before, only CND. So whats CP like then? Sounds like some crazy jazz!

is this a joke? has to be. normal people would have actually read more then the title right lol

...........lulz ;)

is this a joke? has to be. normal people would have actually read more then the title right lol

... no i've read everything... i just didn't know that your valuable items can be stolen just like a real life robbery.

They can't. He was making a story up to RP. In reality he just couldnt find the bay his hangar was in.

They can't. He was making a story up to RP. In reality he just couldnt find the bay his hangar was in.

-_- I thought as much. Well thanks anyhow mate!

.. thought something was very fishy with this thread!

Back