Special Edition Quad-Wing Interceptors

I am still unable to tell. Is this a joke or is MA being serious here?

Those quads look like shit...

Wonder if MA needs a basket for the Heads that went rolling today?

Who will be the first fool to bid?

I mean it's a nice ship, worth what 5 - 15k ped depending on the bidder. More than that is pure idiocy.

I mean it's a nice ship, worth what 5 - 15k ped depending on the bidder. More than that is pure idiocy.

No, the big question here is: who will buy the other 24!?! :scratch2:

Last edited:

Im not sure how you come up with your valuation but the existing slower non-warp capable unlimited quads can easily get that and more. 15K would not be hard to get, 20K maybe.

Hm if I would like to be a serious pirat I guess this 14 km/h more than a normal quad + unlimted would be worth really a lot for me :yup:

Thas this new " Quad-Wing Equus luxury spacecraft " have a TP inside.:laugh:

Im not sure how you come up with your valuation but the existing slower non-warp capable unlimited quads can easily get that and more. 15K would not be hard to get, 20K maybe.

Yes it is fast and warps, but with the weight restrictions it's really just an attack/defense ship or glorified taxi. I was contemplating a big depo on this but seeing the stats has changed my mind. If these actually sell I suspect their resale value will be 49kped, 40kped eventually down to 15 - 20KPed.
I agree MAs greed has stunned us all with the SB. Maybe they need $125000 to meet the shareholders requirements considering the Compet deeds are selling so well....

Oh poor poor MA, thy greed knows no shame or boundries, will heads be rolling after this fiasco? ;)

Hm if I would like to be a serious pirat I guess this 14 km/h more than a normal quad + unlimted would be worth really a lot for me :yup:

Yep, if there really was that kind of loot in space that pirates claim in their videos, this 50k would be a no-brainer. If none of pirates bid, it will tell a lot about credibility of those claims.

ferrari logo, really!?

fail3.jpg

I would prefer a reference to my find :)

Sorry.. couldnt remember who posted it or where it was in the thread. Ill go back and edit.

Last sale was?
I think alot has changed in the evaluation of the value of items - especial since we have CLD and such. 50.000 PED is a very bad joke...

Yep, if there really was that kind of loot in space that pirates claim in their videos, this 50k would be a no-brainer. If none of pirates bid, it will tell a lot about credibility of those claims.

Nobody on Earth needs a Ferrari, but the fact the cars exist shows there are a certain number of individuals who have the money and desire to want one (remember real world cars value drastically decline the moment they are bought - these wont)

I think these ships will shift, 50,000 Ped will be a fun toy for 23 or more people - its a couple of Adj Faps or a few sets of armor for those at the higher levels remember. ;)

People who are already proclaiming these ships as another MA fail are being quite premature in their judgement. The ship is not something I would buy as the weight restriction on warping, removes it usefulness given my play style. However I can think of several ways in which the ships could really help and I doubt I am the only one. People considering a purchase are unlikely to be talking them up.

A couple of examples I can easily think of...
Obviously these are great for pirating, better than anything else out there right now. Easy to work around the weight restrictions if that's your occupation.
On the other side of the fence, consider a mothership owner trying to operate in space with the current logout options nobbled. They need to be able to provide a greater level of security to passengers with cargo. They want to be able to transport those new boxes. Imagine you had one or more of these new quads on board. When trouble happens you can send them out to hold off the pirates and leave them out to guard until you manage to warp away. Then they can follow with their own warp drive. Imagine you own one of these quads and want to offer these sorts of services as a hired gun.

I still think the price point is terribly ambitious but only time will tell.

Nobody on Earth needs a Ferrari, but the fact the cars exist shows there are a certain number of individuals who have the money and desire to want one (remember real world cars value drastically decline the moment they are bought - these wont)

I think these ships will shift, 50,000 Ped will be a fun toy for 23 or more people - its a couple of Adj Faps or a few sets of armor for those at the higher levels remember. ;)

Bidding competition is expected to be fierce.

I think MA jumped the gun on this one, they expected to have a heavy bidding war on this like the MS and Privateers when they first were released, the market isn't what it used to be.
In the end the greed got a hold of them putting up a SB of 50k.

Nobody on Earth needs a Ferrari,
Are you sure you wanted to quote my comment and not one of those non-believers? :) Because I have no doubt that they'll get sold, it's a luxury item and there's a market for such things.

Also I'm sure that MA doesn't pluck their numbers out the air, especially after the Medusa islands grand fail. Everything is weighted and calculated, they might even have a list of the potential buyers :)

Are you sure you wanted to quote my comment and not one of those non-believers? :) Because I have no doubt that they'll get sold, it's a luxury item and there's a market for such things.

Also I'm sure that MA doesn't pluck their numbers out the air, especially after the Medusa islands grand fail. Everything is weighted and calculated, they might even have a list of the potential buyers :)

I don't think in these days of EU a person is willing to take a loss on day one after they purchased it. Buy for 50k sell for 30k?

Ps. i agree this number wasn't plucked out of thin air, they expected a minimum of $125k for (bills) they have to pay.

I don't think in these days of EU a person is willing to take a loss on day one after they purchased it. Buy for 50k sell for 30k?.
It's a loss only if you see it as an investment and not a transient whim you can afford. Someone in one of these quad-related threads gave an example of a 6-digits sports car that loses half of its value in 2 years. That's it.

It's a loss only if you see it as an investment and not a transient whim you can afford. Someone in one of these quad-related threads gave an example of a 6-digits sports car that loses half of its value in 2 years. That's it.

I doubt we have many people left within EU that fit into that category.
Ps. u can't compare a item in the real world vs a virtual item.
example, tomorrow MA shuts down, all virtual items ingame are worthless, as to the rl item u can sell whenever.

Extra ps. how is it not a loss even for the transient whim buyer? Loss is a Loss, now that the person who bought it cares less that's a different story.

Hmmm.. Investment?

Buy 50K PED Quad Equus... Become a pirate and spend 3-4 hours per day as a pirate and make an average of 500 PED per week x 52 weeks in a year = 26K PED

26K / 50K X 100% = 52% ROI playing a video game

Hmmm.. Investment?

Buy 50K PED Quad Equus... Become a pirate and spend 3-4 hours per day as a pirate and make an average of 500 PED per week x 52 weeks in a year = 26K PED

26K / 50K X 100% = 52% ROI playing a video game

Which magic hat did you pull those numbers out. ;)

Gonna stop replying now will wait and see what the market is for these quads, if u wanna go and buy it go ahead Max.

This one list?

For example - why not firstly introduce working missions with estimated rewards (like CLDs - people knew in advance what they will get), and THEN push this red shit?

Okay, I understand how they did with Stables - but it is passive investments, which bringing you revenue.

This "luxury" item have specs, and doesn't bring you PEDs just by hanging near station, as 95% spacecrafts now does - it's active investment.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

how is it not a loss even for the transient whim buyer? Loss is a Loss, now that the person who bought it cares less that's a different story.

Loss is when you pay money and get nothing or less than expected in return. A whim implies instant gratification at the moment of purchase or soon after :)

When you buy food or a game DVD it's not a loss, right?

I doubt we have many people left within EU that fit into that category.
Ps. u can't compare a item in the real world vs a virtual item.
example, tomorrow MA shuts down, all virtual items ingame are worthless, as to the rl item u can sell whenever.

Extra ps. how is it not a loss even for the transient whim buyer? Loss is a Loss, now that the person who bought it cares less that's a different story.

You only have a price drop if people are eager to sell stuff, whoever buys those quads wants to use them for some time to come or is a collector and is most likely not hurt by spending 50k - these people wont sell for 30k the day after.
Similar to motherships which were bought at hyped prices and then turned out to involve huge effort to deliver a competative RoI to CLD's - but they still kept their value as people held on them long enough till the next person was willing to give it a try - and this was before transport missions.
Now with money on the horizon things are going to keep value a tad longer in space or might even get hyped more (see gold price of close to 200% - many are going to upgrade and then notice that mindark actually wrote 'the majority' of the transport fees goes in the mission pool - means they can adjust the peds which go to the pool between 100% down to 50.1% if they think there is to much reward in the missions).

I dont think that all 25 will sell for that startbid - atleast not in the time mindark intends - but quite a few might get sold and kept.

I miss old times when MA Xmas sale was an opportunity for the gamers, when auctions were with SB TT+0 and the challenge between bidders was exiting for the whole community and videogames websites' articles popped up after impressive sale ends.

Now we have MA and PP offering less attractive items that neither will sellout, meaning to sell back one of these means a loss or a fail to sell for the owner.

I agree Medusa was an hard lesson for MA, that made the next sale to go well due to an high SB (Moon), but still they was selling something extraordinary that took more than 1 day or two to be designed.

These Quads most of all do not meet the expectations of the community and this is the reason there is a strong debat going on.

For everyone willing to share own opinion here the vote Poll:

Quad-Wing Equus sale Poll!

The only uses for this ship are:

1) Pirate ship
2) Mothership-based scout or fighter

Other than that, it's not going to be used by normal players because of the carried weight restriction.

I was so hoping this ship would be for normal players.

Back