Question: Special Treatement for players - OK or not?

Certain players having "perks" from the creators is it OK or nah?

• Total voters

Mika

Elite
While my take on it is likely a hot one because i'm heavily against certain players, or people, regardless, of having exclusive rights goods and what not.

Stemming from this thread and not wanting to have that end up in a split discussion:

I feel that players who lets face it without naming the elephants in the room, we know who they are, we know they have reasons to be high up there. Who have the ability to contact game officials or planet partners directly, and have adhoc things happen.

I know my take on it is hot, i find it appauling in a _game_ we play that has real money involved, players achieve what feels like a "revered status" with the creators of said game, that gives them what feels like "perks".

I'm not against someone whos a "big spender" having perks per se, but when those perks suddenly can yield potential massive wins, that we normal players cant even part take in it becomes a big no no. And worse while people will say "tHat iS WrOnG" does affect everyone else. (Logic time, if we have so few players as we do in EU, if everyone was winning "ok" the house would lose. in order for some to do very good, some have to do very poor. that is just how the ying and yang goes)

And that is also why i find it a little bit of the "could you fucking not" side with treating things this way. The afformentioned 'happy hour' i dont think was one of these adhoc spawn events, correct me if i'm wrong. But theres been many a purger spawn, and other planets spawning bosses for events that were asked for by certain players.

I'm curious what someone elses opinion is regarding these things, do you find it ok in a RCE game that certain players have the ability to do this? If no why? if yes why? Do you think it would be more acceptable if there was full transparency as to who could and did it, and when it was done?

This is a hot topic, with hot takes, try to remain troll free and if someone has written something you do not understand, take the time to read it again, and ask them to elaborate.

For anyone wondering what i would say i'm stuck between maybe and "No - But some certain small perks could be ok as long as they do not yield potential monetary gain."

Well known names, "big spenders" and big fish should have something going for them. Just that the nature of EU being RCE, or in any game where RCE is involved or money is involved, if the premise is that we are all players on equal grounds. Then that is the premise should be given to all.

jiberish thread talking only on assumptions. You also cry out because you missed the good loot wave.

Think you got the wrong thread mate. Im not on Caly, nor taking part in the "happy Hour event" that is a well adverted event. You can find the correct thread for your comment linked however in the first post as itwas somewhat related but not really.

Think you got the wrong thread mate. Im not on Caly, nor taking part in the "happy Hour event" that is a well adverted event. You can find the correct thread for your comment linked however in the first post as itwas somewhat related but not really.
it is the right thread.

it is the right thread.

So then on topic do you find it ok that certain people, can ask MA directly for adhoc events where they get mobs spawned for them and a couple others who are able to 2-4 man 500k ped potential bosses, and many times only have been discovered and only after that its "uh oh yeah we doing a spawn event :)"

I personally don't like this practice, and while not all of the people who can do it this way, do that, in the past 2 years, most of them were like this. If they were adverted a couple of days ahead of time at least, it would be better but still not optimal as it would be "normal players" asking for it, while that is something you, or me, will not be able to get MA or PP's to do. Some people do take their time to at least openly advert it, and give heads up as far ahead of time as they are able to do. but its still usually just hours. Sometiems the same people take and make sure to do their own events and go as far as to make sure people are able to attend without additional costs. which is fantastic, which is why in some cases with more transparancy and planning, it could be something that could be good for the game, and us as players.

I personally, like i said voted "No - But some certain small perks could be ok as long as they do not yield potential monetary gain." The game has RCE, and if someone hits massive somewhere else, the money has to come from somewhere so that the company in the back does not go bust. Hence do i not find it ok that these things happen as adhoc with so little transparency as they do today.

You we welcome to share your opinion if you think that is ok to do in a RCE game like entropia whereall our money are involved.

So then on topic do you find it ok that certain people, can ask MA directly for adhoc events where they get mobs spawned for them and a couple others who are able to 2-4 man 500k ped potential bosses, and many times only have been discovered and only after that its "uh oh yeah we doing a spawn event :)"

I personally don't like this practice, and while not all of the people who can do it this way, do that, in the past 2 years, most of them were like this. If they were adverted a couple of days ahead of time at least, it would be better but still not optimal as it would be "normal players" asking for it, while that is something you, or me, will not be able to get MA or PP's to do. Some people do take their time to at least openly advert it, and give heads up as far ahead of time as they are able to do. but its still usually just hours. Sometiems the same people take and make sure to do their own events and go as far as to make sure people are able to attend without additional costs. which is fantastic, which is why in some cases with more transparancy and planning, it could be something that could be good for the game, and us as players.

I personally, like i said voted "No - But some certain small perks could be ok as long as they do not yield potential monetary gain." The game has RCE, and if someone hits massive somewhere else, the money has to come from somewhere so that the company in the back does not go bust. Hence do i not find it ok that these things happen as adhoc with so little transparency as they do today.

You we welcome to share your opinion if you think that is ok to do in a RCE game like entropia whereall our money are involved.
do you have a proof to sustain your affirmations?

Am I missing something? "Happy hour" wasn't a player ran event, why are you blaming the players? They just used that phrase to describe some crazy multis all happening quickly.

do you have a proof to sustain your affirmations?

All the times we have purger events spawned on whatever OLA it is on caly.

all the times certain folk have asked Socrates on NI to spawn fun big gorgons and other things without anplanned ahead more than just adhoc "lets do it for funsies"

My questions stands still if you, Unfufain8, find these things ok or not

Am I missing something? "Happy hour" wasn't a player ran event, why are you blaming the players? They just used that phrase to describe some crazy multis all happening quickly.
No it was not

hence why this is split away from that thread. Also not blaming players, but certain "high paying players" asking PP's or MA to ad hoc start spawning events is what this thread about wether people find it OK or not that this is allowed to happen as unplanned as it does with little to 0 heads up. Many are "Set times set days" types but most are not.

But theres been many a purger spawn, and other planets spawning bosses for events that were asked for by certain players.

If this is what the thread is about I think you are slightly off base. These events (at least that I have witnessed lately) have all been publicly advertised either in-game, on forums, on discord or any combination thereof or all of the above.. These are events created for the community by the community (or parts thereof) with the assistance of Officials. I think this is great, for the community, for MA, for everyone. I absolutely don´t see a problem with it.

If this is what the thread is about, I don't think the poll choices reflect that very well.

Last edited:
If this is what the thread is about I think you are slightly off base. These events (at least that I have witnessed lately) have all been publicly advertised either in-game, on forums, on discord or any combination thereof or all of the above.. These are events created for the community by the community (or parts thereof) with the assistance of Officials. I think this is great, for the community, for MA, for everyone. I absolutely don´t see a problem with it.

I mean, to name drop one I know Solo has been involved with the purgers quite a lot iirc, those are generally not the worst,and i do put the blame on MA's side on those being as "adhoc" as they turn out to be.

Solo spams around, and on things he does like kong waves etc, he makes sure to arrange warps for people to attend and its all around good going. A good example of how it can still be good with transparancy and better planning. The things to my knowledge that Solo does, is fantastic in terms of these things.

I might also be completely wrong and people only meme that its solo's doings because he is the only one i kind of generally ever see trying to make sure people know about it and are able to join or try to get people there without much hassle, and help.

But there should still be way more transparency of who the people involved are, why, and when it comes to the actuall things being spawned, where and when, more and well in advance.

I feel like EU really needs to start being more trasnparent about a lot of things tbf but that might just be me :p

No it was not

hence why this is split away from that thread. Also not blaming players, but certain "high paying players" asking PP's or MA to ad hoc start spawning events is what this thread about wether people find it OK or not that this is allowed to happen as unplanned as it does with little to 0 heads up. Many are "Set times set days" types but most are not.
So I am missing something.

I read it as the regular atlas haven I3-TF robot wave was where this all happened. Are you saying it was a dev boss spawn organised by a player?

As someone who does organise these type of events (and I note that you mention above some are done with plenty of notice) I can't even begin to imagine how the loot thing happened, but it certainly wouldn't have been from the player side. I'm sure if I asked them only to spawn good looting mobs they would laugh at me 🙃

So I am missing something.

I read it as the regular atlas haven I3-TF robot wave was where this all happened. Are you saying it was a dev boss spawn organised by a player?

As someone who does organise these type of events (and I note that you mention above some are done with plenty of notice) I can't even begin to imagine how the loot thing happened, but it certainly wouldn't have been from the player side. I'm sure if I asked them only to spawn good looting mobs they would laugh at me 🙃
would you still laugh if i tell you there are players with those abilities? few years back was a big scandal about it. You even took part on some of them w/o knowing.

would you still laugh if i tell you there are players with those abilities? few years back was a big scandal about it. You even took part on some of them w/o knowing.
You mean the ark advisors spawning mechs? Now we can all do it. The big issue was double spawning and wiping current mobs. Still isn't players choosing loot. It's all smoke and mirrors unless there is something clear about players choosing loot, not just asking/ spawning mobs.

Last edited:
You mean the ark advisors spawning mechs? Now we can all do it. The big issue was double spawning and wiping current mobs. Still isn't players choosing loot.
I still remember that Oratan lancer Immortal keeping us in revive :)))) had like 5 minutes revive time

Player conections into mindark is nothing new

By the way Pcf is the wrong forum to discuss such stuff

But theres been many a purger spawn, and other planets spawning bosses for events that were asked for by certain players.

- You can spawn Purger yourself, alone, in NorthWest of Treasure Island - there's a natural spawn there.
- Any player can contact MA and request for a boss event if enough notice is given.

Boss event does not mean you are handed out loot (TT) - it costs a lot to kill that much HP.

Yes no further comment needed.

That Interplanetary boss hunt thing Bonnie and Co organized? fuck yes. more of that. im way too lazy to organize any of that and MA is too, im more than happy that players with more means than I do can contact MA and get help organize stuff like that

those players literally fund the game. even if they get ALL of the loot, it does not affect me in any way shape or form (ok, it MIGHT if im in the market for an uber gun but most players arent...) so if they're happy they'll stay, and if they stay that means I still have a game to play tomorrow and its what makes the world go around

stop looking at ubers with envy or jealousy and start looking at them for what they are: better than you are at the game. learn from them.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

So is this special treatment you're talking about regarding asking MA to spawn bosses? If so can you name a case where they've been spawned without prior notice or public announcements about it happening? All the ones I've seen happening lately have been advertised properly either on forums/discord/streams/chat.

If it isn't regarding spawning of boss mobs then what exactly is the special treatment you're referring to?

I believe I recommended 12 angry men at some point.

All the times we have purger events spawned on whatever OLA it is on caly.

all the times certain folk have asked Socrates on NI to spawn fun big gorgons and other things without anplanned ahead more than just adhoc "lets do it for funsies"

My questions stands still if you, Unfufain8, find these things ok or not

No it was not

You can ask MA to spawn boss mobs like my society did to celebrate 15 years. I think that if you have a good reason they wont say no.

I can’t believe no one understands what your trying to say.

these replies are so off base it has to be intentional

are you guys just trying to derail?

Point they are trying to make is anyone can add a official, get friendly and ask for this favor, it does NOT mean you get any special loot. And if you do happen to get some good item god forbid everyone and their grandmother will cry about it.

i talk to zeus often. calling him my favorite live support, but he never wants to spawn anything for me :(

maybe we understand and just dont agree?

you know there isnt always a right or wrong, right?

So is this special treatment you're talking about regarding asking MA to spawn bosses? If so can you name a case where they've been spawned without prior notice or public announcements about it happening? All the ones I've seen happening lately have been advertised properly either on forums/discord/streams/chat.

If it isn't regarding spawning of boss mobs then what exactly is the special treatment you're referring to?

Feel free to clarify

It is well known that MA is willing to spawn something big/out of ordinäry/special sometimes when player ask nicely, like the Entropy on OLA60 for example, they might spawn it because someone ask, but that doesnt mean that this someone is getting something nice out of it since everyone can participate ...and usually as soon as the first msg rolls through the global chat the area will be crowded ... not to forget that sometimes an MA official shows up for group heals to help the player which are not high end ....but even without that ... Entropy has what .. LvL 2400 something? do the math what it cost to bring him down ... so i dont think they are handing out gifts but create a high turnover , even though there are no doubts that high end players have a higher possibilty to catch something but that is about skills and firepower ...

and to be a tad off topic... Happy hour on the wave events .. yeah well IF they do it ... they should do it on all waves at the same time , simple as that ..

Back