Speed Hack!

Xane

Old Alpha
Banned
Society
Nebula Virus Elite
Kane Xane Crossing
So there have been sightings of quads and even MS's using this "Speed Hack" in space to either avoid being engaged or to actually chase down other ships. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this or knows more about how this is being done?

Search is your friend, couple of threads i can remember quickly about this subject, might be more.

So there have been sightings of quads and even MS's using this "Speed Hack" in space to either avoid being engaged or to actually chase down other ships. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this or knows more about how this is being done?

The speed hack on motherships is called warp ;)

Crone would suggest you just join the line of the pvp4 guys, maybe they can take you up in the routine of taking turns to be killed while carrying loot. :)

Oh... and happy shooting, till next time :D

Use the force =D

and you call yourself a pirate. :rolleyes: :laugh:

The best pirates been using it for awhile....:laugh:

Do not be so quick to judge hes one of the most accurate and quickest shots in space.

Depends on what you define as the best I guess. But I know I don't use it and the pirates I work with don't so I guess the best you mean no-name pirates ;)

Do not be so quick to judge hes one of the most accurate and quickest shots in space.

Finally someone that knows exactly what he's talking about. :thumbup: to Aeris_is_back

The speed hack on motherships is called warp ;)

I encountered the Dreadnaught Mothership outrunning my quad between Calypso and Cyrene (nowhere near a safe ^^) in NON Warp flight and i couldnt catch up with it. Another pirate also spotted them that is not associated with us and on that occasion he typed soemthing in chat, they stoppedm he caught up and they initiated warp (Again miles form any safe station)

I have seen the posts on quads doing speed hack's but now it seems some mothership owners or their pilots are using whatever it is that the quad speed hackers were using.

DCF

Why don't you ask micjack, Stagger etc?

I encountered the Dreadnaught Mothership outrunning my quad between Calypso and Cyrene (nowhere near a safe ^^) in NON Warp flight and i couldnt catch up with it. Another pirate also spotted them that is not associated with us and on that occasion he typed soemthing in chat, they stoppedm he caught up and they initiated warp (Again miles form any safe station)

I have seen the posts on quads doing speed hack's but now it seems some mothership owners or their pilots are using whatever it is that the quad speed hackers were using.

DCF

Woah, never heard of MS using speed hacks before. Definitely should be recorded and reported to MA.

DCF

Every ship in space can use this exploit, for a long time only really small group of people knew what to do to use it. now everybody knows.

Stagger has not played in months, he stopped playing prior to this bug being added. I love how you just toss his name in the pool. you have no clue what you are talking about and even less to contribute to this discussion. you imply people have done wrong without any evidence this is unjust.

Stagger has not played in months, he stopped playing prior to this bug being added. I love how you just toss his name in the pool. you have no clue what you are talking about and even less to contribute to this discussion. you imply people have done wrong without any evidence this is unjust.

He has unl quad as far as i know and they are faster than L ones, so some people might think he's cheating or exploiting. He caught me few months ago when I was in space, thought he was cheating too.
I'm not trying to defend any pirates here though, they are all piece of ****.

Woah, never heard of MS using speed hacks before. Definitely should be recorded and reported to MA.

Yea i hit record on fraps but turned out i handnt activated fraps at that time :/ I did however send a support case, but their damn lucky fraps didnt record that time. Loosing a quad L due to a ban is one thing, i cant imagine what a mothership owner would feel like if they lost their UL Mothership ship due to such actions by them or their assigned pilots...

So for those on the straight and narrow, BE WARNED, this could be happening right now with your Mothership.

DCF

Funny how this issue are talked about in different threads, but no one can tell me how this "hack" everybody know about actually are done? :silly2:

Funny how this issue are talked about in different threads, but no one can tell me how this "hack" everybody know about actually are done? :silly2:

I assume the subwarp drive I is the slow speed we are all used to, I hadnt seen and subwarp II or III yet? Unless it is to do with the subwarp drive in some way?

Somebody should spill the beans and let everybody know how to perform this hack.. because then it wouldn't be a hack anymore, because everybody's the same..

silence...

I guess pirates don't like that.... so instead of saying how it actually works to create a level playing field again, they whine about ms owners using it.

wow, cheat engine actually works for entropia? that is an extremely easy to detect hack :x

i have seen a sleipnir using it once, with the way it move, i thought that there was no need for the ships driver to use a ms warp :/, however i didn't know that even a simple easy to detect hack like cheat engine could be used for this game, i thought it was a more sophiscated programmer designed bot

:popcorn:

ohh the crying and whining this will bring, MA time to bring the EULA in :deal:

So it a real hack using software manipulation, and not just some in game tactic? Because it people rely are hacking the software, it's a really serious matter and it should not be possible to do that. It's a big difference between just exploiting some bug and using software manipulation in my opinion.

So it a real hack using software manipulation, and not just some in game tactic? Because it people rely are hacking the software, it's a really serious matter and it should not be possible to do that. It's a big difference between just exploiting some bug and using software manipulation in my opinion.

I would not totally discount the possibility that whoever speed hacked the Drednaught may have done so using in game actions. For example there was once a way to make a PRiv or MS immune to damage by maneuvering a certain way in and out of safe before heading out. Now that may be a natural effect, but it still defies the natural intention of its environment. Almost like the scanning of robots through walls some time ago or server sweating/hunting.

Personally i would actually prefer if motherships flew that fast rather than totally vanish with warps.

DCF

Luckycharm said:

Every ship in space can use this exploit, for a long time only really small group of people knew what to do to use it. now everybody knows.

Not played in months, stopped prior to this bug being added? No clue how to contribute to this discussion?

Well you sure know what's going on don't you. I suppose you were there the day I saw Stagger at Arkadia SS in the back seat of his UL quad which is where he was till he disappeared on screen huh ...? And after seconds, after he pretended to be afk, he caught up with me with godspeed lol right.

After he caught me in a lot less time than his UL vs. (L) quad difference should have allowed him to and I revived, I got shot by DCF as soon as I left Ark SS again. But I didn't see you there for sure...

Strange. Seems you know exactly what you talk about.

So you know when this bug got added to the system you imply. I also think I read something in this thread about a ban and loss of (L) quad due to this hack. Did you report this to MA and have you used this "hack" yourself as you imply to know all, so also how it works? Is that perhaps in any way related as to why you in your all-knowing state know I don't know how to contribute to this thread?

You know I've posted a video in another thread which can be set to 1080p and well yes it would have been better if I had started fraps earlier, but I didn't expect any speedhacker to come after me.

Implying stuff is not really the same as a serious suggestion like I did. Perhaps the one not contributing here is not me... you just try to silence me. Any reason? Please elaborate... This implies to me it's quite hot under your feet atm really, I cannot think of another reason you wrote what you did.

Speed in space processing on client side, "cheat engine 6.3-2". On guy post it on entropiaplanets.

I guess you need to know what HEX string you need to modified in EU process.

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/threads/bug-exploit.8044/

is there any evidence of this other than the statement that it is so?
because this would be incredible really if things like this are processed client side in a game with a real cash economy.
1986 wants its programmers back? :p

I watched few videos about this "memory editor", looks like it really easy to modified parameters in some games.

I think tutorial will be like this:
1. Start EU, start "cheat engine"
2. Choose EU process in "cheat engine"
3. Enter vehicle and push "auto walk"
4. Check vehicle speed "number" and then search this number in "cheat engine"
5. Modified this parameter after you find it. Speed increased

I didn't try and will not do this, but anybody who do not fear ban can try :laugh:

And if this really work it F:mad:cking shame to MA programmers.

Did you guys all lost it already?

I mean seriously...Asking for a how to buguse-manual, ok that might be out of plain curiousity and does not mean any usage yet. Still silly for even asking!

But to deliver a how-to-cheat in a public forum that is just...i donno...WOW

No matter how many people are using glitches to gain advatage, it is and will always be concerned BUGUSING!

um?
security through obscurity is a pretty outdated way to view things.
publishing hacks and informing the public of risks is admirable imho.
and if cheats are out in the open it forces a company to take speedy action, something MA isnt really known for, and in this case specifically, seems to have done very little to fix the speed hack.
also, "we" dont know that this is the way some people are going faster as of yet as nobody has publicly said they have tested this in game, and considering the risks to your account i dont advise anyone to try this at home :p

Back