Speed Hack!

Hehe. Nah, cmon - "strafe" isn't a hack, it's just natural "feature" of many FPS'es.

For those, who likes math and stuff: Strafing Theory - with pictures and shit. It's not about EU ofc, it's about quake, but it applies to EU too.

ah quake, that was a game with a proper engine, i havent pk-ed since quake because no engine has ever come close to having movement that feels instant and "right", compared to quake pk in entropia feels like the air is made of mud. :p

Yeah I'm sure the math behind it will prove that you not gaining on your target, but commonsense should tell you that if you strafe away from your target and it's destination then you will basically be moving away from them.

so cute, pk-ers that do not know strafe :D

No. Check article closely.

But better - try it in quad planet-side, at low altitude. Press simultaneously (for example) down+forward+strafe left. You will even hear sound of speedup, and you will move significantly faster. Yes, you can't shoot your target while "catching" it (you're facing 45-degree), but you can shoot it later.

ah yes now I see how this can be applied assuming EU is programmed similarly, will have to check and see if this also works in space.

so cute, pk-ers that do not know strafe :D

Yeah it's crazy how good I got without ever knowing any of these "techniques", image what I'm going to be capable of now! ')

ah quake, that was a game with a proper engine, i havent pk-ed since quake because no engine has ever come close to having movement that feels instant and "right", compared to quake pk in entropia feels like the air is made of mud. :p

Man, there is no other FPS than q1,q2,q3 - agree.

Why is that? Because all PKers in the game are cheating? Is that what you try to say?
Cant you guys just accept the fact you get owned all the time without the need of riding on bugs or any code-editors at all? Pointing fingers and blame others wont help to hide your own failing hybris! :laugh:

Stupid folks in space that get looted most likely fall victim to their own ego and ignorance, i have to admit though that i completely dont feel sorry for that kind.

I never said that all pirates are cheating, and i never complain if i get killed in a fair way. But if someone uses unfair methods to get me of course i don't like it.

Back