Spina Invasion Tips & Tricks article

Status

My|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Flight-Of-The-Scarabs-2023_2_[cl]_800x300.jpg
Do you have some tips and tricks you have learned by participating in the latest Spina gameplay on Planet Calypso?

Help others by sharing valuable information on having a successful and fun run in the Flight of the Scarab and/or Spawn of Echidna! Submit your best tips and tricks below, and you have the chance to be quoted in a "Tips & Tricks" article on www.planetcalypso.com newsfeed! We will also credit your avatar's name in the article and on the official Entropia Universe social media accounts.

What are considered helpful tips and tricks? It can be everything from you approaching the Spinas in a team or alone, to what weapons you use for certain types, to how long time someone should spend to get a good run in the missions. Anything from the "go-to" winning attitude, to what approach to avoid. Any tips are welcome here if they are intended to help others defeat the invasive species.

This article will be published at the beginning of 2024, and the PCF thread will be locked after the article has been published and linked below.

Good luck!

"Don't go alone! These are dangerous creatures come with a new ability to ABSORB damage of certain types! Bring multiple weapons and don't forget your cute furry pets to help you tackle these ferocious creatures!"

"Succeed and you and your allies have a chance to earn new undiscovered treasures beyond your wildest Entropia dreams!"

Bring medi stims.!!! and a big handful of antivenom for learning curve=) ,

But honestly if people are making a real attempt at this i will gladly help and assist wherever im capable, .I will say some people want a tutorial and some don't! It was fun learning the fight and mechanics and we spent time and effort (.and peds) doing so lol. Based on some conversations ive had between our group and Hardcores group we actually completed the fight in different methods and roles. So i think theres multiple ways to get it done=) But i will say It is very very gear dependent....and if you cant take a few 400hp whacks here or there prob not the spot for you to go looking for fun just yet =)
Again if you need more info or help feel free to hit me up ill share as much as you like or need=)
just to put this out there though guys, it takes all 6 members up and working as a team(a very high skilled geared team=) without one of them your not getting to far=)

just to put this out there though guys, it takes all 6 members up and working as a team(a very high skilled geared team=) without one of them your not getting to far=)
what about 5 members and 1 person GETTING carried? Like what about a service to pay to get carried through? What do you think a cost like that would be like?

Last edited:
Thats doable.. but that carry has to carry his/her own weight still!. .They will need to bring some gear along or borrow what they can=)
There is a very important role for each player at all times and if one person fails it starts to collapse quickly.
(those +100hp pills from cyrene quest are priceless and a good tip/trick to help!)
It is as beneficial for the carrying team as it is for the one being carried,
The first time you complete the mission (god save the queen) -you receive your choice of 5x clicks of one of the new spina armor bp's and the very nice and fancy coat =)
all the rest of the team has a daily quest that rewards them 1x(one) click of any spina armor BP of there choice.

So there is incentive for people to help afterwards=) We are very open to help anyone who needs it

The major issue at the moment is the availability of the KEY/EYE.... in patch notes its stated it drops from broodmothers and nobles...

So if you dont have one from being online the first day getting the quest done your only option is to go farm one!!!! or possibly find someone who got one first day..

there is a new local channel created for just that purpose and doping the spina broodmother instance- /join #lfg-spinacave

also if people are unaware, the more players in the new broodmother cave the larger and assuming higher chance for that eye/key and better loot it has
10-12 players = the highest maturity boss!!

The new content is exciting, and i love the fact its making players come together and work as teams again, the bad part is a couple weeks later they made us all mindless mayhem zombies lol....but looking forward to get back to the new content soon

" You can't teach an old dog new tricks" :)

also ....

index.php

nowhere in the title does it say anything about tips and tricks about the cave. just asks to share basic tips on how some regular hunters approach these new creatures.
me i didnt change anything about my hunting, i also stay away from Noble spawn and even the camp echidna spawns they are kind of too much for my liking.

for me best place to hunt them would be near East Scylla Mt, thats where u find the low maturity.

melee weapons give yea big lifesteal capabilities, youd be surprised how well you'll heal yourselkf with armtrix sb -xx and lifesteal amp

bring a tagger because spawns are little dense but not large, id suggest getting the smallest tagger since they regen quick and using less to tag you'll be losing less.. z12 with range enhancers would be great imo

bring a scanner with you so you can scan creature and see what type of protection it has.

if you dont have armor; bring a healer

Great initiative IMO. As MA's core principle is not to teach the players how to play the game, it's up to the community to teach others and when th econtent is aimed towards higher end of the playerbase spectrum, it's even harder. Teaching others obviously comes in conflict with the RCE aspect of the game, being the first and knowing how to do things offers an economical advantage. There are pathethic people pretending not to graps this aspect but they're just little botting bitches askign for help nicely then trying to bite the previous helping hand when help is no longer available.

what about 5 members and 1 person GETTING carried? Like what about a service to pay to get carried through? What do you think a cost like that would be like?
We did manage to "carry" like half of the soc through the instance but they're strong avatars and all had good dexterity, you cannot FFF in there. But if people think they are strong enough and have an entry item, we will try to help complete "God save the Queen" mission which awards the Regicide coat.

And stop camera don't REC
When you relog or crash your stream looses source and when you log back in the user is shown on stream, if not hidden, which is strongly not recommended. There are also timers that persist after relog and if this wasn't intended could easily be fixed I guess... anyway, if you feel liek it's a bug I hope you reported it.

There are much more people upset and offended about my stream than happy with what they saw, I don't get it, I got a lot more shit for the stream and showing everything we discovered as we discovered it (and ppl still saying I've hidden stuff) than I would have got if I wouldn't have streamed... lesson learned :)

Looking back, we had a blast, not knowing what we will encounter and the discovery of each step was what we enjoyed the most in there, hence my argument that people should discover themselves first, rather than go step by step with a tutorial. I'm sure those tho already completed it appreciated it much more having to discover themselves everything and work with their team rather than have a video available they can pause and see what to click where. I am also 100% sure with time there will be videos and tutorials for this but the content is too awesome right now and try hards should enjoy solving the puzzles themselves.

Worth mentioning: gear up as best as you can and play the game with like-minded people. Get strong not only yourself, but your group as well, try to push everyone, get everyone to improve. RDI and Spina updates prove the game is moving heavily towards team play and gearing up helps tremendously. FFF will become obsolete and as with recent update, those who preferred FFFing lupines had a ton to loose vs those who actually jumped on the new content getting a little bonus.

Based on how people do Marcimex entry quest, I think it's better for the game to go as the proverb says: teach a man to fish, instead of feeding him/her/they a fish.

[Moderated: Removed reply to deleted post]

Last edited by a moderator:
We all know by now how to plan a budget for grinding x mobs with y health points and z damage of known types, but for such missions and instances not everybody has the data to prepare for, some hints would be of great interest indeed. Those who pioneer this information deserve to be commended.

People who don't know that any competitive game fosters opportunism (which as a side effect can bring out the worst in people), and who cannot appreciate that successful players are going to take advantage of their achievement since this is the very point of the game, are either in the wrong place or should burn their marxist ballast. This includes dealing with the ability to gain a head start in just about anything with more money as a fact of life. Learn to control your impulses and make rational decisions about what you want, if the top spot isn't your thing. Yes, this is very much topic-related advice.

Last edited:
Well, let's say I am giving advice to someone who has no UL gear, but wants to participate, here's how you can do it:

(Assume the team has 10-12 members)

1. Come in numbers! Gather as many friends as possible, as @image zz suggested, more the merrier. More people you bring, bigger the boss, and greater the chance for rare loot (RDI Eye)
2. Gear up! Bring your strongest armor (Perseus + 5B's are fine), BC-80 TIER 2 limited should be ok.
3. While going trough the instance, make sure to tag the creatures from the safe distance, it will give you leverage and less headache when the group of creatures respawn.
4. In the boss room, make sure to organize properly, and focus on destroying eggs and larvas first, ideally you want them all destroyed, then you can die, regroup and kill one by one respawn
5. Spina Soldier Stalker has a shared damage type, so make sure to group up when battling it !
6. Have fun :)

Last edited:
Well, let's say I am giving advice to someone who has no UL gear, but wants to participate, here's how you can do it:

(Assume the team has 10-12 members)

1. Come in numbers! Gather as many friends as possible, as @image zz suggested, more the merrier. More people you bring, bigger the boss, and greater the chance for rare loot (RDI Eye)
2. Gear up! Bring your strongest armor (Perseus + 5B's are fine), BC-80 TIER 2 limited should be ok.
3. While going trough the instance, make sure to tag the creatures from the safe distance, it will give you leverage and less headache when the group of creatures respawn.
4. In the boss room, make sure to organize properly, and focus on destroying eggs and larvas first, ideally you want them all destroyed, then you can die, reorganize and kill one by one respawn
5. Spina Soldier Stalker has a shared damage type, so make sure to group up when battling it !
6. Have fun :)

See everyone, this is how you share information and help the community. Not hiding behind a confident façade by saying "we don't want to spoil the fun", that is a load of bullshit to be honest. The information here will give an insight in to whats expected without "ruining the experience" too much and I think that is gr8.

Thanks @Sulje. We appreciate it. 🤩😅

Spina caves are doable as @Sulje explained. Still challenging but can be done if team has decent armors, dps and is coordinated well.

On the subject of Queen, it was streamed on twitch for hours and hours the first day. People had chance to see the level required and gear required. Also, it was the first time i know that MA was actively modifying the instance by looking at the performace and tactics of finishing the Queen instance in-game.

Personally, when i saw what level players were having trouble finishing the Queen instance i understood that it was futile to assemble any kind of team to try it for a long time since it is insanely hard.

If some players are skilled enough to take the Queen on, they should do it and try to do it until they succeed. People are so used to going through EU with ease that, when confronted with challenge, they start bite and scratch at other players publicly because they had to put a little effort. :tux:

Please try to keep any replies on topic and within the rules of the forum;

2.2 - Insults/Flaming
Personal attacks, insults, rudeness, racism, threats, name calling or unnecessarily inflammatory posts are not permitted.

2.3 - Personal Disputes
Personal issues between individuals or societies should NOT be debated in the public forum areas and are not permitted.

3.2 - Off Topic
Please make every effort to keep your posts relevant to the active thread topic. Detours usually take a thread wildly off topic, and invite others to do the same. Off topic posts (and any responses to such posts) may be deleted without notice.

Good initiative from MA.

Seems that MA wants to encourage more people to do the Spina instances.
This also makes wonder if there are more items/rewards to be discovered from those instances that we haven't discovered yet.

If this is off-topic, feel free to delete my post.

We did manage to "carry" like half of the soc through the instance but they're strong avatars and all had good dexterity, you cannot FFF in there. But if people think they are strong enough and have an entry item, we will try to help complete "God save the Queen" mission which awards the Regicide coat.
Do you know what the lowest hp/armor was of people you carried?

Yea don't do it because it has been bugged since Mayhem and mindark isn't handling the support tickets from all the rubber banding, random teleporting, dropped teams, no pet spawn errors, and the list goes on.

That's my tip.

Yea don't do it because it has been bugged since Mayhem and mindark isn't handling the support tickets from all the rubber banding, random teleporting, dropped teams, no pet spawn errors, and the list goes on.

That's my tip.
This is true.....

i had my merry mayhem+5bs/Imk2 i spent most time healing myself but was able to do the mission. Thanks to these guys. Not being part of any active hunting society and having a very limited number of uber hunter on my close friends list. Without them it would have not been possible for me to even complete the small spina cave mission. I dont even dream about Queen Cave. I know i am not ready for it.

Queen's New Lair should be avoided if the team is not super strong, in general and especially these days. The rubberbanding added a significant layer of difficulty that makes it much harder to finish. We completed it again the other day but I'm not very tempted to go back in there with all the lag..

i had my merry mayhem+5bs/Imk2 i spent most time healing myself but was able to do the mission. Thanks to these guys. Not being part of any active hunting society and having a very limited number of uber hunter on my close friends list. Without them it would have not been possible for me to even complete the small spina cave mission. I dont even dream about Queen Cave. I know i am not ready for it.
The small cave is doable with a 2ppl team as it scales the BM according to number of players. It takes longer time to kill before the nest but it's doable.

did i ever tell you how much i hate instances?

how is it for free if its focus would only be on skill, in battle simulator, it didnt matter how much money you had or what gear, everybody was equal inside the instance, if this spina cave is suposed to be some measure of skill, why not make it like battle simulator, if you are reading the comments here, nobody discuses what strat they used to win, its litearly, invite some uber players , uber meaning somebody with strong gear ( money), and get carried by them

for those who dont know, battle simulator offered anybody playing entropia an instance, in which regardless of avatar skill or max life, you were given strong weapons and max life of aprox 700, usable only in the instance of battle simulator, and your shots didnt cost anything, an initifal fee was paid of 6 ped, and if you got to the end you got some of that money back, but it was hard, and having more money didnt help you

now im not suggesting that it has to be exactly like batsim, but batsim offered accessibility, a completely new player , if he was skilled, could compete, i would find it a cool idea, if perhaps money would still be spent inside the instance, but gear only usable in the instance would be given by some faction, whit which you can build rank outside of the instance by doing stuff, the higher the rank, the better gear they give you, but it would be always skill based, and this would make it more accessible

sooner or later this will turn into what wow has, beeing boosted for money, you will pay some ubers for the privelege of finishing content that you lack a money investment to do, why else would the ubers keep inviting noobs, if this was really that difficult to do

Would be nice to have an overview of what loots where. As I understand it there are two caves/instances one with Broodmother and the other with the Queen.

Am I correct in thinking the RDI Eye drops from the Broodmother and can also drop from spina nobles from outside the caves? The spina armour bp's do they drop from the Queen or are a reward from completing Queen instance?

Would also be nice to know what the RDI Eye is actually used for? is it like a key for entering the Queen instance?

The regicide coat I'm pretty sure is a reward for completing the Queen instance. Right?

Also when offering tips or tricks please do mention which cave/instance it is referring to or if it applies to both please do state that. For example Sulje's post above seems solid advice but I'm not certain if it applies to both caves/instances or only broodmother cave.

Many Times i tryed to help people, when it comes to Budget building or stats and useability... many , do not understand a Single thing i am talking about, many just copy and pase what i say or abuse it in order to benefit in reselling...

Mentoring people without being theyr mentor,no reward not even asking for a thanks.

I dont waste my energy anymore to that

You want to profit, you want to be good, you want to become one of the top 100. Go figure out, i dont care. I am sorry for the people who are interested in help in order to benefit from know how. But i dont Support the selfish idiology most people have in this game.

Regular i will keep pushing out infos related to items because i do like talking about it. But you wont see me helping anyone 1:1 who i dont know.

Its a diference if you sell a item 5 or even 10 k under its market value to a friend who can benefit from it. Or trade it over to some rnd dude who trys to flip it for profit based on your leads, not even knowing what that item does.

Would be nice to have an overview of what loots where. As I understand it there are two caves/instances one with Broodmother and the other with the Queen.

Am I correct in thinking the RDI Eye drops from the Broodmother and can also drop from spina nobles from outside the caves? The spina armour bp's do they drop from the Queen or are a reward from completing Queen instance?

Would also be nice to know what the RDI Eye is actually used for? is it like a key for entering the Queen instance?

The regicide coat I'm pretty sure is a reward for completing the Queen instance. Right?

Also when offering tips or tricks please do mention which cave/instance it is referring to or if it applies to both please do state that. For example Sulje's post above seems solid advice but I'm not certain if it applies to both caves/instances or only broodmother cave.
The first time you complete the mission (god save the queen) -you receive your choice of 5x clicks of one of the new spina armor bp's and the very nice and fancy coat =)
all the rest of the team has a daily quest that rewards them 1x(one) click of any spina armor BP of there choice.
Thats what Image wrote.

I did answer a few of theese in my previous post- but lets lay some out

RDI EYE/KEY- drops from broadmothers and nobles (as stated in the VU notes) Confirmed looted from a 10man broadmother cave run

The regicide coat comes from completing the "god save the queen" quest (which is kinda weird because you don't save her you kill her....)

The RDI EYE/Key is used for entrance to the queens instance (only one is required for the 6man team, the leader of the team is the only one who requires a key, not the entire team, just like RDI-C1 keys)

JUST ANOTHER FYI-
THE INSTANCE IS VERY BUGGEED ATM..... we entered last week to literally everything wrong with it....
Rubberbanding like no other, example- you have to be in freelook mode and manually target most mobs in this instance...when you rubber band and your aim is 2 inches off your target every 3 secs= fail

Pets stopped spawning in boss room....so if you hdna or get rezzed or forget to spawn it before entering = fail

The random team members just getting kicked from team lol =fail

The entire team disbanding mid fight = fail also makes the instance obsolete so if you leave or try to replace a member you cant get back in because it removes the instance signature = the worst fail there is

Oh yea....the falling through the floor randomly during the fight = fail, also had a team member mid fight just teleported to the front of the instance and was unable to get back to us and the boss would not reset.....he had to hit T and we all had to go to the revive for the instance to reset and debuffs to fall off.... = fail

there's more.... and we have sent multiple support cases and there response = "has been forwarded...please stay tuned to the news and release notes on the website for future information"

How hard would it be to just actually respond as a human being and say....yea its fcked up were sorry here's your key back and you should probably wait a few days or weeks as mayhem is taking all the bandwidth and we have issues atm....the customer service in this game is the worst thing ive ever experienced anywhere, and they only respond when publicly shamed for it....

some tips and tricks in there to try to work around....

Status
Back