***Stage 3 Moblist***

So true... we witnessed a few teams camp those over-grown Hogglo last Saturday but there was no joy. Then there were those that stuck with the Globsters or the Furor... guess which ones... ;)

So regardless of what the mobs are, the results will always be uncertain, until the end of each hunt.

The strongest mob will always be the best choice if you have the right skills and gear to kill it. It was not random that Sweden plan payed of. It was normal and expected.

When you choose a mob to put in that list, you automatically you pick a robot profile of those who will win. This is how the system works. The rest can only compensate for the lack of whatever is needed for the main mob.

Hog stalker needed a country with maxed weapons in main, lot of HP/member of team, long range and uber armor. Best fit for that was team of Sweden. Gratz to them.

If you have the skill and gear for a certain mob, as big and hard it is, as easy it is to get globals, so it is easier to get points. That is if you have spawn and you don't die to much killing it.

I don't think adjusting the points for the main mob is a must, since I think is good to have people motivated to upgrade and be able to pick on the bigest mobs on the planet. But I know that if I would organize this competition, I will consider this fact.

MAking all mobs score the same amoount of points could be an interesting ideea. After all, a global is a global. And is a lot harder to get a global on exarosaur - if you ever decide to make it a main team mob - than it is to get a global on spider in 3 hours span. But then again... those are just details and rules are those of the competition. There are many opinions you can or can not consider. Those are the rules and if we joined, we will play by those rules.

Gl everyone.

...It was not random that Sweden plan payed of. It was normal and expected...

You are correct, Sir... in the part about the plan paying off. I would not say it was expected however. They have a habit of NOT going for the sweep and the variety :laugh: Evidenced by just about every scoresheet from last year, in particular the Semi's... 14 HOFs on Daspletor in 3 hours... total of 97 globals in that dome in 3 hours...

The judges present Saturday commented that it was rare indeed to see Sweden get the variety... but no matter how you slice it, you are right that it was a great plan it the score speaks for itself :thumbup: Well said.

I see what you're saying BH, but my point is that the biggest Mobs don't always global as much as others on the list. The sheer time it takes to get through their HP means less are killed, so any extra chance of a global is somewhat negated. Also, as many have found, a Mob that globals well in one Time Slot can be reluctant to global in another.
In an extreme example, if Argo (all maturities) scored 8 and Daspletors scored 10, I reckon most teams would get one Dasp then go kill a million Argo; it would make sense to. Making the "best plan" as undefined as possible is the struggle of every Moblist.
All the Mobs scoring the same is an idea I've considered. I'd get complaints that the bigger mobs were now pointlessly included, but it might work for some. I can foresee arguments if the winners of a WoF got their victory by killing Exa while others hunted Dasps and Spiders; it would be hard to pronounce such a team the best Hunters in EU.

I've also considered allowing future Moblists (next year) to be decided in part by the competitors (although to keep the suspense of each Moblist's release, this will have to be done in a way I've not thought of yet)... wouldn't mind delegating a few complaints:)

Hurrikane

I see what you're saying BH, but my point is that the biggest Mobs don't always global as much as others on the list. The sheer time it takes to get through their HP means less are killed, so any extra chance of a global is somewhat negated. Also, as many have found, a Mob that globals well in one Time Slot can be reluctant to global in another.
In an extreme example, if Argo (all maturities) scored 8 and Daspletors scored 10, I reckon most teams would get one Dasp then go kill a million Argo; it would make sense to. Making the "best plan" as undefined as possible is the struggle of every Moblist.
All the Mobs scoring the same is an idea I've considered. I'd get complaints that the bigger mobs were now pointlessly included, but it might work for some. I can foresee arguments if the winners of a WoF got their victory by killing Exa while others hunted Dasps and Spiders; it would be hard to pronounce such a team the best Hunters in EU.

I've also considered allowing future Moblists (next year) to be decided in part by the competitors (although to keep the suspense of each Moblist's release, this will have to be done in a way I've not thought of yet)... wouldn't mind delegating a few complaints:)

Hurrikane

I challange you to something else. Make a stage with argo for 10 points and dasp for 8 points and I prommise my team will hunt only dasp. I bet we will beat any main that will go for argo.

I challange you to something else. Make a stage with argo for 10 points and dasp for 8 points and I prommise my team will hunt only dasp. I bet we will beat any main that will go for argo.

Maybe not if MA spawn the larger maturities i.e. Elites? ;)

even elite argos are to small compared with dasp. So I would still hold on to that deal.

Elite mulmun is something else... Also, I assume that there is decent spawn in both cases.

Yeah, I think Dasps would win over Argos in that situation, for teams that could handle them and assuming good spawns.

Obviously there is a dividing line somewhere though, a 10pt theoretical mob that had so much HP it takes a Main 4 an hour to kill it wouldn't be so popular :D

It would be nice if such a mob would exist... but is just a dream.

even elite argos are to small compared with dasp. So I would still hold on to that deal.

Elite mulmun is something else... Also, I assume that there is decent spawn in both cases.

Agreed, however I wasn't really talking so much about size or difficulty but globalling ability.

Obviously there is a dividing line somewhere though, a 10pt theoretical mob that had so much HP it takes a Main 4 an hour to kill it wouldn't be so popular

If there were a mob such as this then the complaints I have observed so far would most certainly be louder and carry more weight.
Although it does seem like some here expect it to be almost a level playing field when that is not what the comp is about really, to me anyway.

Obviously there is a dividing line somewhere though, a 10pt theoretical mob that had so much HP it takes a Main 4 an hour to kill it wouldn't be so popular :D

I remember reading about another MMORPG where one mob took a 16 man team over 24 hours to kill, they estimated it would take that since they gave up after 18 due to various people getting ill lol

I remember reading about another MMORPG where one mob took a 16 man team over 24 hours to kill, they estimated it would take that since they gave up after 18 due to various people getting ill lol

Don't worry the Warrior Gen 666's have been put on hold:)

Hurrikane

:eek: :laugh: :rofl:

Hurri,

Can it please be confirmed that we have the timeslots we asked for?

Thank you :wtg:

Hurri,

Can it please be confirmed that we have the timeslots we asked for?

Thank you :wtg:

Sorry, thought I'd replied to all. Yes, the timeslots are fine so far, all that have been submitted have either had their reply or are good to go in the slots they've selected.

Hurrikane

Sorry, thought I'd replied to all. Yes, the timeslots are fine so far, all that have been submitted have either had their reply or are good to go in the slots they've selected.

Is there a list anywhere of who is playing in what timeslots so we can see how many teams are in each one? I'm too tired and lazy to trawl all the threads :silly2: :D

Dunno about other mob but dragon spawn has been already changed.. I saw mainly ~domis + some stalkers ;)

Dunno about other mob but dragon spawn has been already changed.. I saw mainly ~domis + some stalkers ;)

That's good to know... thx. There is a natural spawn of Old Alpha and higher in that dense tree area to the west of the "Malc Area" on the PEAss map. I was TP running there once and needless to say, I was surprised in a big way thinking it was an Ambu :laugh: I am hoping the spawn is dense enough to handle the mass of hunters about to decend on the area.

***NEWS JUST IN***

Extra Spawn of Malcruentors spotted on EUDORIA.....

1399, 15520

There be dragons..... and they're here for us.......:)

Hurrikane

***NEWS JUST IN***

Extra Spawn of Malcruentors spotted on EUDORIA.....

1399, 15520

There be dragons..... and they're here for us.......:)

Hurrikane

A little word of warning though DO NOT land on those coords!!:laugh:

Unless you can handle a couple hundred at once :ahh:

A little word of warning though DO NOT land on those coords!!:laugh:

Unless you can handle a couple hundred at once :ahh:

:laugh: I discovered that too

any spawns of medium maturity ambu?:scratch2::scratch2:

Nice spawns on the whole I think. Good job Hurri and MA. If they respawn at a sufficient rate it should be a lot of fun out there tomorrow.

any spawns of medium maturity ambu?:scratch2::scratch2:

There's a shortage of ambus? :eyecrazy:

I missed it surely... but which are the coordinates of start/end point for this stage?

Also, do not try unless you can handle loot, such as a malc guardian that generously gave me 7 thin wool...

LOL Jod,

Sounds like a voice of experience....I bet the 10 sec revive time gave u ample time to count ;)

Bags

There are 3 hunts, yet 4 weekends; here's how that works.

Stage 3 Round One: April 4th/5th.

Stage 3 Round Two: April 11th/12th, 25th/26th. (24 teams, 2 weekends, twice the choice of timeslots, hunt one weekend or the other.)

Stage 3 Round Three: May 3rd/4th

Stage 3: The Wild Bunch

April 4-5, April 11th/12th AND April 25th/26th (split for easter); May 2-3

Hurrikane

Sorry I'm so late with this question but... may I ask why 18th/19th weekend is excluded?
I will quote Easter info after other site:

"Easter Sunday celebrations for the year 2009 fall on 12th April.

This is the easter date for 2009 in the western calendar (Catholic and Protestant Churches).

The Eastern Orthodox Church has set the date for Easter 2009 to be 19th April."

So we have a break on 18th/19th weekend cause of The Eastern Orthodox Church Easter? I don't get it, thought most interested ppl here belong to Catholic and Protestant Churches.

Sorry I'm so late with this question but... may I ask why 18th/19th weekend is excluded?

This is the easter date for 2009 in the western calendar (Catholic and Protestant Churches).

So we have a break on 18th/19th weekend cause of The Eastern Orthodox Church Easter? I don't get it, thought most interested ppl here belong to Catholic and Protestant Churches.

Easter weekend, as you point out, falls on different weekends for different countries/cultures and is also celebrated more strongly in some than others. It made sense to offer the two weekends either side of the one most objected to, to keep everyone happy.

Hurrikane

In the Orthodox church Easter is typically much more important than it is for those of us in the West.

This is a response to a specific issue that came up last year, when some people (notably Romania) did not want to take part in WoF during Easter weekend.

As far as I'm aware, no-one has a problem with hunting during the 'other' Easter, next weekend. If they do then there's now an alternative date for them.

Damn, Hurri beat me, but at least I got the answer right :D

Back