***Stage 3 Moblist***

Thought you reminded me of someone, just couldn't think who ;)

Not sure why I ranted earlier, I will be first to curse the low spawn and the 12 man support team ksing my mobs when there aren't enough :D

No worries, (to quote Airplane) Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit smoking lol (sort of)

Hurrikane

To those of you happy with WoF 2009, all the best.
Hurrikane

You cant please all the people all the time :(

You are doing a grand job Hurri :wtg:

Lovin it :yay: :yay:

Hugs

Keep the faith mate, you are doing a great job and it IS getting better each year.

To the rest...quoting the great Clint Eastwood...."Improvise, Overcome!!!"

as Mack and RC said, u'r doing a great job, keep up the good work.

personally it'S just the part being handled by MA that worries me. But hopefully this time they'll get it right *wishful thinking :p*

As for this "exercise in farming mobs", could you please tell me what you thought of the WoF before a few mobs got bigger? Because apart from that it's exactly the same. I'm beginning to find out what it must be like to be MindArk; listen to what the public ask for, deliver it as best you can, get slated. Makes you really want to try to get it better next time. With all these wonderful positive comments (not enough, too many, too structured, not organised enough) I'm really beginning to wonder why I bothered making this one better at all.

There are, broadly speaking, two aspects to competing in WoF. Firstly firepower, as the title suggests - i.e. big guns taking down big mobs as quickly as possible for points. Secondly there is the tactical element, e.g. identifying the best possible locations etc to maximise your score, planning teams appropriately etc.

If MA were to simply make huge spawns of all the creatures on the list, in areas with no other mobs to get in the way, then the tactical element would become almost trivial. It would simply be a case of turning up at a signposted location and shooting for 3 hours.

So I think the point is that MA's involvement could potentially skew the tournament more toward the firepower element, at the expense of the tactical element.

Judging by the clues you've given us about what MA intend to do, I don't think this is the case here, and I hope that remains the case if there is MA intervention in later rounds.

As others have said, you're doing a fine job, and I can't imagine that adding discussions with MA to your usual WoF workload has made things any easier :D

You cant please all the people all the time :(
You are doing a grand job Hurri :wtg:

Bloody oath and ditto.

personally it'S just the part being handled by MA that worries me. But hopefully this time they'll get it right

This is the main worry to most I think.

I cant understand why they dont make it effective a day or 2 early.
It's not as if they are going to lose money on the damn things really, especially the Malcs.
I guess there are a lot of people that lost a lot of faith with that BB spawn fiasco and feel the same, mixed apprehension and worry that a great event will be stuffed up then explained away with "well it required different tactics" and "didnt want to interfere with regular hunting grounds" etc

Keep plugging away mate, I hope this one works for all our sakes :)

My quote ....

George in Blackadder III said:
Oh no! What a mad blundering, incredibly handsome young nincompoop I've been!
:D

Keep up the good work ;)

***Altered Spawns to be expected for Stage 3***

Malcruentor: Current Location.

Hispidus: Far West of Hadesheim (Blue bit)

Scaboreas & Tezlapod: North of PvP 1

Molisk: North of Troy and East of Argus

This is the news to date, Spawns will be in place for each hunt weekend; but I have asked for this to start a day or two before the Start of the Stage, now awaiting confirmation.

Hurrikane

Cool cheers, should be interesting :D

The Land Owners have been given ample time to place their own Mobs in the Moblist.... several of them have done this already, including Deathifier.

LA mobs will not be affected by the changes, unless land owners decide to do anything themselves.

As for this "exercise in farming mobs", could you please tell me what you thought of the WoF before a few mobs got bigger? Because apart from that it's exactly the same. I'm beginning to find out what it must be like to be MindArk; listen to what the public ask for, deliver it as best you can, get slated. Makes you really want to try to get it better next time. With all these wonderful positive comments (not enough, too many, too structured, not organised enough) I'm really beginning to wonder why I bothered making this one better at all.

Hurrikane

Everyone I know has enjoyed it so far. Even the first round which went wrong a bit was nevertheless fun in its own way...who said WoF shouldn't be a challenge?

I'm sure it'll work out well, all we're basically asking for is a bit of time to plan ahead and practice a bit, like we had for Qual B.

Anyway...better to be running a competition about which everyone has an opinion to voice than a competition about which no-one talks ;)

Cool cheers, should be interesting :D

Everyone I know has enjoyed it so far. Even the first round which went wrong a bit was nevertheless fun in its own way...who said WoF shouldn't be a challenge?

I'm sure it'll work out well, all we're basically asking for is a bit of time to plan ahead and practice a bit, like we had for Qual B.

Anyway...better to be running a competition about which everyone has an opinion to voice than a competition about which no-one talks ;)

Aye, Forums are made to discuss things, aren't they?
Beside that, I think we could never thank Hurrikane enough for the effort of time, passion and wit he puts in this competition, and for the fun enjoyed by many, many more people than the ones that write on this forum, I can assure you of that.

Aye, Forums are made to discuss things, aren't they?
Beside that, I think we could never thank Hurrikane enough for the effort of time, passion and wit he puts in this competition, and for the fun enjoyed by many, many more people than the ones that write on this forum, I can assure you of that.

Aye, had a bad morning and took some things too personally, then all concerned were all nice to me.... let's move on:)

Hurrikane

The request was for "Denser Spawns with Higher and Highest Maturities" on the Mobs in question, which was agreed.

Hurrikane

oh ty I've always wanted to try and handle a massive spawn of malc prowlers and stalkers with team Scotland

<sarcasm btw>

I can hear echo's of "right guys, fuck all the other mobs, were doing buli" in many WoF team camps lol

oh ty I've always wanted to try and handle a massive spawn of malc prowlers and stalkers with team Scotland

<sarcasm btw>

I can hear echo's of "right guys, fuck all the other mobs, were doing buli" in many WoF team camps lol

You think? For 6 points, with re-gen and all... is it a sound strategy?

...or a get-out clause?:)

Hurrikane

<sarcasm btw>

Due to their slow movement speed and very little extra hp per maturity level they should be much much easier than the big hogglo from last round.
So I suggest you look more closely at the mobs before you decide to throw in the towel :)

.....aaaaand the latest:

All Spawns recieving Adjustment for the Stage 3 Moblist will be changed each Friday Afternoon before each weekend.

I know, this is what was said for the Bulks. Or maybe I should say this is what was intended for the Bulks. Now there's a nice degree of communication, more assurances and a new need to not f@ck it up.

So I for one believe they'll be there:)

Let's not ask for Thursday spawning now, we have a useable plan right here and I'm keen not to confuse things. Let's just go with Fridays and see how it pans out. Those with enough organisation to get a Friday practice together can still check out the spawns in time for Saturday. Hope this suits the majority and keeps the minorities sweet too.

Hurrikane

You think? For 6 points, with re-gen and all... is it a sound strategy?

Well... Ambu global frequently :wise: I do not think it is a poor strategy, not at all. But consider this:

Due to their slow movement speed and very little extra hp per maturity level they should be much much easier than the big hogglo from last round.
So I suggest you look more closely at the mobs before you decide to throw in the towel :)

Totally agree. There about 10 days to toy around with armors, weapons, and team members. There are Malc out there (huge ones too in the dense tree area). Try them... then pass judgement. That is precisely why the moblist is published in a timely manner. For the record, timely means: providing information in such a manner that the people the information effects have ample time to deal with it.

Well... Ambu global frequently :wise: I do not think it is a poor strategy, not at all. But consider this:

Totally agree. There about 10 days to toy around with armors, weapons, and team members. There are Malc out there (huge ones too in the dense tree area). Try them... then pass judgement. That is precisely why the moblist is published in a timely manner. For the record, timely means: providing information in such a manner that the people the information effects have ample time to deal with it.

Aye, it would seem good planning to me to have an evaluation of all points available, with a decision-making practice on the new spawns on the Friday, ready for the relevant battle plan to go into action on the weekend.

Of course most of you know the Mobs backwards and may not feel the need:)

Hurrikane

The Land Owners have been given ample time to place their own Mobs in the Moblist.... several of them have done this already, including Deathifier.

LA mobs will not be affected by the changes, unless land owners decide to do anything themselves.

Hurrikane

I think you are doing a great job, i dont think anyone disagree on that!

But, if I was a LAowner and have sponserd WOF with some peds and then MA will spawn "my" mob in a high density I would be a bit disapointed and think that I will probably not get value for my sponsorship.
You can never satisfie all, and for thoose who dont think that tactics matters it have been better.

I'am still participating, me like WoF :)

Last edited:
i said before if you have shadow mod fap foe and 250 hp wof is for you, teaming mobs that will kill most of your team in 1 hit isnt really an option but again its hard to imagine for most uber teams what its like to not have 30 shadow and 30 mod faps in team ;)

if you have boar L gun and 2600 and 150 last years wof was for you

if i wanted a get out clause i would have just said "screw you guys im goin home" in a cartman style.

Last edited:
It's starting to sound like whining just for the sake of whining.
A well coordinated 4 man team with ranged weapons (even bravos would do the trick) won't get hit at all by a malcruentor. So shadow, 250hp, mod fap and DOAs will only help to kill faster. And in the world of firepower those with the highest firepower will of course have the advantage on any mob list.
Four medium players would probably score faster on some of the other mobs on the list though. Would be silly if the biggest mob was the fastest scorer for every team no matter how small. Even Team Sweden which probably has the highest skilled and geared main team in the WoF might've been better off doing furors instead of hogglos last match.

When I said "get out clause" I merely referred to the fact that the 6-point mob is a bit easier to get than some of the others; and echoing your suggestion that it might be one to concentrate on.

I wasn't suggesting you were saying you'd like to quit. You're Scottish, I presumed this was not an option:)

Hurrikane

But, if I was a LAowner and have sponserd WOF with some peds and then MA will spawn "my" mob in a high density I would be a bit disapointed and think that I will get value for my sponsorship.

I'm sure you'll find Hurrikane has that sorted :)

For my part I only sponsored the island stage, though I've offered the OLA's up as an option for future stages (like the Reps were as a bonus mob last year).

For this round there are no plans to change the Hispidus on OLA-36, and they are not formally part of my sponsorship.

I look forward to seeing how MA goes this time around, I'm sure they've got all the little bugs ironed out of the process and can bring us some solid spawns on time.

Bye,
Deathifier

It's starting to sound like whining just for the sake of whining.
A well coordinated 4 man team with ranged weapons (even bravos would do the trick) won't get hit at all by a malcruentor..

yes a FULL main team on 1 mob vs the 250+ foe + mod SOLOING it

it boils down to 4x the kill spead for the best equiped and skilled teams

but maybe you cant relate , it doent mean its whining, how many teams went

"ACE I LOVE THESE MOBS" vs "OH FUCK WERE SCREWED"?

I suspect your team is not in the later :rolleyes:

im out of this discussion i see the way mob selection is now favoring the most skilled and equiped its now ALMOST impossible for team david to slay team goliath but I can preempt the "oh not if its well coordinated" I say bullshit...its easy to say that

even the best coordinated 100hp noobs with bravos stand zero chance against 250hp and high dps long range sure they can kill them but at a ratio of prob 1 to 4

Last edited:
im out of this discussion i see the way mob selection is now favoring the most skilled and equiped

even the best coordinated 100hp noobs with bravos stand zero chance against 250hp and high dps long range sure they can kill them but at a ratio of prob 1 to 4

errrr, wtf has changed? you do realize the big guys with big guns always had an advantage right? even if you'd choose snables, those big guys will still kill faster.

so again i'll ask you, what changed?

:whiner:

errrr, wtf has changed?

everyone else wants bigger mobs other than me it seems, the GAP just got so much fucking bigger oh and im just a whining bastard :rolleyes:

I kinda understand kygon's point of view.

Uber skilled avatars with high end items always had an advantage in events in EU. I felt the WoF was rather different because it gave the nations who participated a change to make up the lack of skills and items by a higher number of participants and a good strategy. :)

When a country that has no 250+ hp avatars with shadow, mod faps, FOE's and has to make a main team(and the additional support) to handle hogglo guardian+ or big malcruentors there's no way in hell they can come up with a strategy to handle those mobs. I mean, there's one thing to sustain at least one hit from the mob and another thing to know that you'll die if mob comes on you no matter what. :scratch2: On those mobs the entire main team and their support will be wiped out by a single mob. :(

Of course, some can argue that there's other mobs on the main team list that can be hunted. But then what's the point of adding the toughest mobs on those lists if only a few nations can hunt them.(and I don't mean here efficiently hunting them, but barely hunting them)

I think that mobs for the main team, in the first stages of WoF, should be chosen considering that an average player(+150hp, ghost+5b) could survive to at least 1 hit from the mob. For the semifinals and the finals... well, that's another discussion. :D

Just my 2 pecs,
Sitram

Uber skilled avatars with high end items always had an advantage in events in EU. I felt the WoF was rather different because it gave the nations who participated a change to make up the lack of skills and items by a higher number of participants and a good strategy. :)

this is a good summary of why WoF stood out from all the other events for me, not anymore tho. :(

I think that mobs for the main team, in the first stages of WoF, should be chosen considering that an average player(+150hp, ghost+5b) could survive to at least 1 hit from the mob. For the semifinals and the finals... well, that's another discussion. :D

totally completly fucking agree!!!! by all means ramp up the mob sizes so you need 250hp and shadow in a few rounds time but let the 'averege joe' have some fun and not feel like they are starting out 'fucked'

this is a good summary of why WoF stood out from all the other events for me, not anymore tho. :(

totally completly fucking agree!!!! by all means ramp up the mob sizes so you need 250hp and shadow in a few rounds time but let the 'averege joe' have some fun and not feel like they are starting out 'fucked'

I hear what you're saying. I do try to consider all opinions on matters relating to the WoF, but I must bow to the wishes of the majority; and the majority of suggestions asked for bigger and badder mobs, right from year one.

The Mobs are stronger than before; the Bonuses are higher to compensate for this. This year features more Variety points AND the Sweep Bonus to allow "lesser eqipped" teams a chance at a high score without camping the 10-Pointers.

I know for a fact I have less skills and worse gear than most taking part; I base the Moblists on many things, but always include something that I could kill. Now while a Scaboreas Stalker will kill me dead, I've taken down a good few Dominants and the odd Alpha; the spawn will not be 100% Stalkers, so the 8 points for these at all maturities sounds right. There is also possibly the best ever example of where Support will come in handy with these; Support can clear the Tezlapods from the Main Team's Scabs and score points while doing it. Hispidus spawn in several locations in a range of maturities, as do Ambu, giving choices to the teams.

Malcruentors are too cool to leave out of the WoF and the current spawn means they are hard to find. No-one's ever seen a herd of these things. With denser spawns there should be no shortage of them. They are tough, but many Mobs are tougher, faster and hit harder. I went team hunting recently and the same team that was killing Malc Olds with ease got ripped to pieces by an Osseoculum Mature. The ease with which a lone hunter can solo a younger Malcruentor using long-range and running meant higher Maturity was needed to qualify it as a 10-point mob.

I know not every team member can kill a Malc Stalker solo. It's down to those who can't to find other ways of getting points.

I hesitate to say that the rest of the WoF also features quite hard Mobs, introduced as a treat for those taking part as much as anything else. We've all put in a lot of hours in EU and this Tournament, and part of the reward is to see new and interesting things in the game that are a direct result of our efforts.

There will always be points on the Moblist for those who can't solo the Uber Uber mobs.

Also, not all changes involve super-mobs.... some will be high-maturity but low threat; I can't wait for the response on those:)

Hurrikane

What you say Hurrikane is perfectly true.

There are ways to hunt almost any mobs in EU but during WoF struggling to hunt them it's not really fun or a way to aim for a better score. :)

I don't think removing the tough mobs from the competition is good but to tweak ;) the scoring each round so that the tough mob is no longer the favorite mob to hunt might be a better idea. :)

The mobs that deal a lot of damage and also have a rather high HP(tough mob), will always global quite often if certain conditions are meet. This has been seen all over the WoF rounds so far. If the higher amount of points per global is set for the toughest mob(hit wise) then how can a less skilled country compete with a higher skilled country?

The HP of the mob is not really so important because dps is no longer a problem today. For a "special mob" that has 1 million HP points but hits like the BB did, making it a 10 point mob is great. BB were doable and the average joe could sustain at least 1 hit from them so with enough support team they could compete.

How hard a mob hits is another issue. If a mob is "almost" not doable(hog gauards and above), except maybe by the elites of this universe, why making it score the higher amount of points per global? The average joe wouldn't have a chance to stay alive for a hit on them and they might feel like the WoF has become focused on uber players like any other events.

Sitram

How hard a mob hits is another issue. If a mob is "almost" not doable(hog gauards and above), except maybe by the elites of this universe, why making it score the higher amount of points per global? The average joe wouldn't have a chance to stay alive for a hit on them and they might feel like the WoF has become focused on uber players like any other events.

Sitram

How does it not make sense for the hardest hitting mobs to give the highest amount of points? If you have to spend a lot of time fapping and reviving, to get less points than the low damage mobs, what's the point of even having that particular big mob on the list?
You get 10 points for the bigger ones, which crit you for 300+ through shadow. Not to mention the prowlers, 300+ damage through shadow from normal hits.
You get 5 points for the dominants, which don't produce any more globals per hour than the furors, even with a 100% survival rate in the team.
They could've been good with massive support damage teams a la spider finals, but as furor scored 9/7 vs 10/5 and most probably gave more globals per hour even for the strongest teams in the WoF, nerfing the big mobs score would be silly.
If the goal is to give the smaller teams a better chance to beat the big guys it's not a good way to do it, because the result would just be a useless mob on the list which is worth nothing more than the bonus points even for the best teams.
All in all I think the balance was quite good this match though. The smaller hogglos should imo have given more points, but at least it wasn't clearly obvious from the start which mob would result in the best score.

at least it wasn't clearly obvious from the start which mob would result in the best score.

Now that's exactly what was planned. For teams to see each moblist and work out which points to head for, based on what they can do, what they know of the Mobs and what they know of the Spawns.

The Group Stages allow for fine-tuning or complete re-working of strategies, and my guess is that anyone's battle-plan can work, given the right luck on the day. Team America tried hard to get big Hogglo globals and lucked out a bit; Australia concentrated on Globsters, which paid off; in fact, of all the Teams who could do the big Hoggs, only Sweden managed to make this battle-plan pay out for them.

So regardless of what the mobs are, the results will always be uncertain, until the end of each hunt.

The WoF has always tried to offer the best in both Mobs and entertainment, and until now has only had what we're used to on offer. The final last year saw the toughest Mob in-game going down every 4 seconds, with as many spider globals in 3 hours as in the previous nine days. We needed harder mobs.

If there was a Mission Statement for the WoF it would be this:
An event that reveals the Nation best able to hunt anything, by whatever method, within the Rules.

Hurrikane

Back