Stage 5 Off-World SEMI's

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
The OFF-WORLD SEMI's are upon us!

(In glorious technicolor it seems)

On Saturday May 24th the teams will face one other from the 6 remaining in a one-on-one elimination match.

Start Point: Club NEVERDIE Dancefloor. All Main Team members are required to be on CND for the Start and Finish of the Match.
The Main Team for the Semi's can be up to FIVE of the Main 12.

Support Teams also need to be there; although scores will be recorded on the day, ONLY SCREENSHOTS TAKEN ON CND WILL MAKE THE FINAL, CONFIRMED SCORE. Aurli and Kreltin don't need screens; they are Main Team only and only on CP, and Main Teams will have embedded Judges.

Matches:

A

Tibet Vs Romania

B

Sweden Vs Finland

C

England Vs France

Time-Slots: All teams (once scores are agreed enough to proceed) please contact your opponents and choose a slot from the following:

Saturday May 24th:

12:00 Midday

18:00

22:00

Moblist:

Main Team:

Kreltin:
(Dominant and Below) : 5 Points

Aurli:
(Any Maturity) 6 Points

Cornoanterion:
(Dominant and below) : 7 Points

Kreltin
(Alpha and Above) : 8 Points

Cornoanterion
(Alpha and above) : 9 Points

Daspletor:
(Any Maturity) : 10 Points

Variety Boost is for Aurli, Kreltin, Cornoanterion and Daspletors of any maturites: 15, 30 and 50 for all 4.

Loot Boost is 13 Points for the highest combined TT value of the Main Team globals in the match.

Support Team:

Tripudion (Dominant and below) : 2 Points

Berycled
(Any Maturity) : 3 Points

Tripudion
(Alpha and above) : 4 Points

Variety Boost: 5 Points

Bonus Mob: Plumatergus (Any Maturity) : 25 points

Yes, this does mean if you intend to go for the Crystal Palace Mobs, you will still have to Start and Finish on the CND dancefloor.... but that's part of the match:) (And you were all told to get pilots arranged)

The winner of each match will join the others in the 3-way FINAL on June 7th.

PLEASE ALSO NOTE:

Could all Team Captains send me a complete MAIN TEAM LIST including any changes mentioned to me that have not been updated on the TEAM LIST thread. This is IMPORTANT:)

Congratulations to the Victors, condolences to the defeated........

........See you all in Space:)

Hurrikane

wohoo ... lost in space :yay: :yay: :yay:

omg hurrikane.... just.... omg... that's seriously got to be the best mob +point combo I've ever seen.

See the wof teams in dome2 :wave: Welcome to Critsall Palace. :D

hmm so ALL support teams members must be at CND ?

I believe that is explained. It says the screenshots need to be taken at CND, it does not imply all support team members must be at CND.

Yes, for the following reasons;

1. It's the Off-World Round.

2. There are no other mobs except the Main Team's moblist that are particular to space; If planet-side globals were counted, the scores would be slanted toward Support.

3. Other rounds have allowed Support an easier route to assisting their team; not this one. It is intended to give a different challenge each Stage:)

<just seen your post above> Of course, those Support Team members who don't want to go or can somehow help from the ground (?) can choose to not go to Space.

Hurrikane

ok so if there is a support team making a global on the land (amerthera for ex) will their global count as one taken on CND ?

I assume the length of time allowed for main teams to reassemble on CND will be extended by e.g 15 minutes to allow for stupid spaceship related bugs?

Last edited:
Yes, for the following reasons;

1. It's the Off-World Round.

2. There are no other mobs except the Main Team's moblist that are particular to space; If planet-side globals were counted, the scores would be slanted toward Support.

3. Other rounds have allowed Support an easier route to assisting their team; not this one. It is intended to give a different challenge each Stage:)

<just seen your post above> Of course, those Support Team members who don't want to go or can somehow help from the ground (?) can choose to not go to Space.

Hurrikane

Can you clarify Hurri? Is it acceptable to have a support team where the person taking the screens is on CND but other people in the team are on the ground scoring globals?

Ok, the main team can have 5 members - great. But a spaceship can take only 4 people (plus the pilot), so assuming that the pilot is not a member of the main team AND assuming that all 5 members want to go to CP for the match, it will be a logistical nightmare.

You've sure made it tough for this round Hurrikane.

Ok, the main team can have 5 members - great. But a spaceship can take only 4 people (plus the pilot), so assuming that the pilot is not a member of the main team AND assuming that all 5 members want to go to CP for the match, it will be a logistical nightmare.

This puts teams so un-even positions that I don't accept it. Transport should not be a key-issue in a hunting competition. I feel the pain :nutkick: and I'm sorry that this great event ends like this....

With this ruling of space-only round main teams should still 4 ppl strong (whole team could be in one ship, now giving a great benefit for teams incl. hangar-owner/pilot), NO support (atleast no hunting, fappers ok, this ruling gives a great benefit to teams with hangar owner/pilot)...

So there is one free spot in Finnish main team, pilot preferred.

Last edited:
Its been known it was going to be like this (5-man main team, off-world action) for a long time.

There's plenty of pilots out there. Hire one or two ;)

Yeah, I don't really see the issue. It has been know since the beginning that the semis would have a 5 man team. It has also been know from the beginning that one stage would be up in space. It makes for some extra logistics for the team getting around.

If all 5 members of the main team are going to be heading to CP, then surely the benefit of having the extra man in the team would outweigh 10 minutes of faffing about at the begging and the end. And what about fappers and the like as well, very easy to fill 3 ships heading to CP for the main team. Hire some pilots if none of the main team members have hangars themselves.

Could make it interesting at the end though with all everyone running back to the docking station to find the ship.

I can see the TS now "Which dock is the bladdy ship in!!!!!!!!"

And I sure hope ND will have the support mob domes fully stocked up. It is frightening how quickly a few support teams can mow through mobs :eek:

CND will have PvP enabled in WoF domes?

CND will have PvP enabled in WoF domes?

Ask Neverdie. I doubt there's any reason to change it - currently dome 1-15 ar not pvp. The corn+dasp domes always have been - so you can shoot nub miners.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a major issue - just a pain in the ass if ALL the main team all want to go to CP for the hunt. The lure of CP is a big one because when the Aurli start popping globals and hofs it's non-stop. :)

Saying that though, the dasp offer some nice loots too - although not as many as Aurli in terms of quantity of globals I think. It'll be a close call for sure.

Oh, and I do think that this round should be challenging for all teams. Plenty of notice of a space round was given with the warning that teams should employ pilots too. It's the semi-final of the event ... it's got to be tough.

Weak-link

This puts teams so un-even positions that I don't accept it. Transport should not be a key-issue in a hunting competition. I feel the pain :nutkick: and I'm sorry that this great event ends like this....

With this ruling of space-only round main teams should still 4 ppl strong (whole team could be in one ship, now giving a great benefit for teams incl. hangar-owner/pilot), NO support (atleast no hunting, fappers ok, this ruling gives a great benefit to teams with hangar owner/pilot)...

So there is one free spot in Finnish main team, pilot preferred.

What the...???

Where have you been? The off-world semi has been slated since the beginning...and I was looking forward to it. If you signed uop for the WOF, it was assumed you knew what was going to happen, or don't you read the rules? I practically slit my wrists running support to try and get there and now my team(Scotland) is out and your team is lucky enough to make it and you are pussing out?:mad:

FFS...what does it cost to get to there and back? 50 PEDs round-trip, tops? I don't know what you were shooting during the WOF, but 50 PEDs is a fraction of my hourly out-lay. You team/support can't afford that? Buy one less jar of Lipeäkala and get up there!

The WOF has been designed to have many challenges and obstacles, and some of them are psychological, but to cite the cost and inconvenience of getting to CND to represent your team as too much...I'm speechless...:scratch2:

...NO...wait...no I'm not...I have so many choice words for my opinion of *that*, but I will scream them into a jar and mail it to you so I don't risk getting a ban.

This round was just another test of your ability to rise and overcome, and you failed...miserably. I hope the rest of your eleven Fins have more sack than you.

Yes. I'm angry! As a WOF competitor, I'm angry at you for letting your team down when the going gets tough. I hope the rest of your team bans you next year. There are many reasons we have had people unable to make a hunt, but this is out-and-out the lamest reason I have ever heard of.

-REP to the weak-link

Leave wormie alone! :p

Where have you been? The off-world semi has been slated since the beginning... ...don't you read the rules?...

..FFS...what does it cost to get to there and back? 50 PEDs round-trip, tops? I don't know what you were shooting during the WOF, but 50 PEDs is a fraction of my hourly out-lay. You team/support can't afford that? Buy one less jar of Lipeäkala and get up there!..

...The WOF has been designed to have many challenges and obstacles, and some of them are psychological, but to cite the cost and inconvenience of getting to CND to represent your team as too much...I'm speechless...:scratch2:

...This round was just another test of your ability to rise and overcome, and you failed...miserably. I hope the rest of your eleven Fins have more sack than you...

..I'm angry at you for letting your team down when the going gets tough. I hope the rest of your team bans you next year...
You been little too harsh on wormie. Every win after stage 3 has been bonus to us. Nobody ever could imagine that we would go to semi-finals... nobody... So we didnt even thought about what will happen in Stage 5. Surely we get some pilots to help us. The cost of it, is just the point. But we just party less IRL... :silly2:

Our support has always been one of the smallest, some have already told they wont pay 40-50 for the trip. And as ND gets nice revenue because of this Event. We thought he have done some deals with the pilots and make it cheaper and easier to everyone to get their support on CND. The fact that we have to pay everything, hit some of our poorest support members pretty hard.

Our team have always been a small effective unit. When someone drop out it doest make any of us feel good. From the main 12 crew. Only 6 have confirm that they will show up. Few of the main team members have never even show up @the first place+some are broke. (Hopefully hurricane got my pm and will answer it, so that we can remove those inactives and get atleast few who have some will to show up.) Our captain cant make it to the semis', and we havent heard what few other highly skilled will do.

So Frigid you must understand that some of us need few days to overcome these facts. Nobody in Team Finland will blame wormie if he wont come to the semi's. But we all hope sincerely that he will overcome his frustration and show up and remind the swedes that we fins.. are still 10 times better than they in every possible way :laugh: And that they have to give all what they have, to get to the finals. :);)

(sorry if any typos, i have stressful exam week+no sleep)

...You have almost 2 weeks to get to CND.. is it really that much of an issue?
We've know about the 'off planet' round since december I think.. We've planned for this months ago. I don't see the problem tbh.

You been little too harsh on wormie.

I dunno...I may not have been harsh enough.

All I see is some guy saying to his team:

"It was fun, but you all are not worth the 50 PED to go to CND. Good luck in the semi-finals! Bye."

If you are cool with that, great. It's your team. I was empathizing with you, but if this "flies" with you...fine...good luck.

I have seen my team-mates on Scotland make a host of sacrifices and some amazing efforts to make our matches. Wormie's post just struck a sour tone with me.

But hey...like I said if the Fins are cool with this and don't see the slight...I'm sure Sweden won't mind. Coming out from under England's shadow, Sweden will be a wake-up call. Perhaps some of your members are looking for excuses to leave?

Dunno.:scratch2:

Good luck

Reactions: Pip
I have seen my team-mates on Scotland make a host of sacrifices and some amazing efforts to make our matches.

Yes, some of the local bartenders nearly filed a missing persons report on me. :p

Seriously tho, missed one of my best friends birthday, had to change a date to a different day with a lie (Well, I wasn't gonna say "I'd rather play on the computer than go out with you.") and worst of all last game I didn't get to see my brother on his last night in the country. I felt awful about this one, haven't even had the guts to do so much as text an apology to him yet.

Thats the only good thing about being out the WoF now - well - that and the fact I'll stop throwing so much cash into the pit for a while. :) I'm sure everyone has made similar sacrifices along the way.

...Aurli and Kreltin don't need screens; they are Main Team only and only on CP, and Main Teams will have embedded Judges...

Hmm.. not exactly sure what embedded judges means... will the judge not only be a member of the team, but physically present as well on CP? If so, that makes 6... Granted, there is an extra flight to get hunter #5, but this should get people thinking about the RETURN flights... don't want a penalty for being late :wise:

Hmm.. not exactly sure what embedded judges means... will the judge not only be a member of the team, but physically present as well on CP? If so, that makes 6... Granted, there is an extra flight to get hunter #5, but this should get people thinking about the RETURN flights... don't want a penalty for being late :wise:

Jade - It just means that a judge will be a member of the team as we have always tried to this year :)

The judges will have to be up at CND on the dancefloor boogieing away for this one :monkey:

What the...???

Where have you been? The off-world semi has been slated since the beginning...and I was looking forward to it. If you signed uop for the WOF, it was assumed you knew what was going to happen, or don't you read the rules? I practically slit my wrists running support to try and get there and now my team(Scotland) is out and your team is lucky enough to make it and you are pussing out?:mad:

Nice to get constructive critisism from ppl who don't think what they read.

First: I have not said that I wouldn't come, increasing team size from 4 to 5 means that our team has one free spot to be filled (and as Neo, who is actually Team Finland, we others only support him, has said he can't come so we have 2 spots open).

2nd: When I read WoF rules, I decided NOT to join. I liked first one, TEAM hunting competition, but I didn't like this ORGANIZATION hunting comp (I think Hurrikane can comfirm that I really tried to make him change rules towards very limited support). But I joined after some encouragement from other ppl.

FFS...what does it cost to get to there and back? 50 PEDs round-trip, tops? I don't know what you were shooting during the WOF, but 50 PEDs is a fraction of my hourly out-lay. You team/support can't afford that? Buy one less jar of Lipeäkala and get up there!

3rd: I burned about 1kped ammo per match in WoF, and I wonder where u pulled this 50 ped per ticket problem?????? I know that some ppl wouldn't travel to CND, is a cash issue or what, I don't know....

The WOF has been designed to have many challenges and obstacles, and some of them are psychological, but to cite the cost and inconvenience of getting to CND to represent your team as too much...I'm speechless...:scratch2:

The cost? Were you drunk while writing? Inconvenience issues might be big, if our team goes to CP, should we stop hunting there 1 hour before end coz' we must secure arrival to CND to finish without penalties? Teams having a pilot/private ship have no problems with that and it's big benefit, isn't it? Aurli/kreltin looks like to be our only possible mob to hunt next round...

...NO...wait...no I'm not...I have so many choice words for my opinion of *that*, but I will scream them into a jar and mail it to you so I don't risk getting a ban.

Well it didn't make your ranting any better....

This round was just another test of your ability to rise and overcome, and you failed...miserably. I hope the rest of your eleven Fins have more sack than you.

At least I have more sack than you do, made this far in WoF. And even without mocking anyone.

Yes. I'm angry! As a WOF competitor, I'm angry at you for letting your team down when the going gets tough. I hope the rest of your team bans you next year. There are many reasons we have had people unable to make a hunt, but this is out-and-out the lamest reason I have ever heard of.

-REP to the weak-link

Again, read my first and second statements. Next time you express yourself this strong, read and think what was written, don't assume/imagine things.

And thx for -rep, I wouldn't be so low that givee ppl -rep if they express what they feel. Even if it's opposite to my feelings.

Have a nicer days in future :rolleyes:

I dunno...I may not have been harsh enough.

All I see is some guy saying to his team:

"It was fun, but you all are not worth the 50 PED to go to CND. Good luck in the semi-finals! Bye."

If you are cool with that, great. It's your team. I was empathizing with you, but if this "flies" with you...fine...good luck.

I have seen my team-mates on Scotland make a host of sacrifices and some amazing efforts to make our matches. Wormie's post just struck a sour tone with me.

But hey...like I said if the Fins are cool with this and don't see the slight...I'm sure Sweden won't mind. Coming out from under England's shadow, Sweden will be a wake-up call. Perhaps some of your members are looking for excuses to leave?

Dunno.:scratch2:

Good luck

Now you can show same enthusiasm (what u showed against me) towards our uber-members who signed but not showed, to get their as*es in CND-semi's... or getting more ppl to our small but magnificent support team...

Our rounds, after qualifying, have all been amazing efforts. I don't know if any of our team really beleived that we can go to semi's (I didn't) but we didn't give up.

And now we must face Sweden, they can go solo those dasps, and Neo who has done (maybe) 90-95% of our main teams points and could do dasps, is not coming.... So we need more than Lootius in next round.....

Jade - It just means that a judge will be a member of the team as we have always tried to this year :)

The judges will have to be up at CND on the dancefloor boogieing away for this one :monkey:

Oh ok... that was just the first time I saw the term :wtg:

Not surprisingly I am going to speak out in defence of the choices tabled my glorious, sneeky and frankly Brilliant Soc-Leader Hurrikane.

As many have pointed out, the Off World Round has been on the cards from the very start.

But also, Hurrikane has taken great pains to make it clear to all teams that each and every round will require a different approach, and different tactics..

So YES.. Getting 5 people (or more ) to CP for a 3 hour hunt with travel time IS tricky... perhaps you need to rethink... Who says that sending everyone to CP is the best approach.. Only 2 of the main team mobs are there, and don't forget the hefty variety bonus...

The trick with the World of Firepower event has Always been to temper your tactics for each round depending on your teams skills, abilities, preferences etc, and this round is No Different...

So I have heard quite enough whingeing about "oh it's not fair we don't have a space ship" - after all How many people do?

Work it out. You have time. If you need pilots for multiple people, then go out and find them and BOOK them...

If you can't or won't do that then work out how to approach this round using the people and locations available to you...

This round is going to be fascinating as I guarantee we will see a much wider spread of choices and tactics by the teams. This is part of Hurrikane's genius. It is tactics that will win thru, not necessarily Numbers (after all USA are OUT) or elevated skills (can I say it again? USA are OUT!)

Get together, work out your best approach, find pilots, negotiate with support teams, Bribe people....

The teams that go out of this round will be the ones who didn't bother preparing...

Mark my words ;)

(Rant mode : OFF)

So YES.. Getting 5 people (or more ) to CP for a 3 hour hunt with travel time IS tricky... perhaps you need to rethink... Who says that sending everyone to CP is the best approach.. Only 2 of the main team mobs are there, and don't forget the hefty variety bonus...

Even getting 5 ppl (or more) to CND might be tricky. Variety bonus is hefty, and now it includes a dasp which seems to be out of our reach without Neo (or this might be a tactic to let swedes think we have given up :cool: )....

This round is going to be fascinating as I guarantee we will see a much wider spread of choices and tactics by the teams. This is part of Hurrikane's genius. It is tactics that will win thru, not necessarily Numbers (after all USA are OUT) or elevated skills (can I say it again? USA are OUT!)

I think we will see 2 different tactics next round....

The teams that go out of this round will be the ones who didn't bother preparing...

Mark my words ;)

Not necessary, I think teams which don't global much will be out, even having 3 spaceships and 7 support teams, prepared. :silly2: but words marked..

I'd still quite like an answer to this:

Can you clarify Hurri? Is it acceptable to have a support team where the person taking the screens is on CND but other people in the team are on the ground scoring globals?

Back