Stage 5 Off-World SEMI's

So group B will be kind o like "finnkampen" then? ;)

GO TEAM EFFIN' SWEDEN! :D:D:D:D:D:D

You forfgot the wrod PROUD! Oky? :D Its proud finnkampne! What si gorup B?:ahh: Group Best? ;)
:beerchug::drink::beerchug:Happy sarutday night sverige! Drink ltos of taht water you calll beer :D:D And cmoe to finland someday to atste the real tghin! :):):)

You forfgot the wrod PROUD! Oky? :D Its proud finnkampne! What si gorup B?:ahh: Group Best? ;)
:beerchug::drink::beerchug:Happy sarutday night sverige! Drink ltos of taht water you calll beer :D:D And cmoe to finland someday to atste the real tghin! :):):)

I met a finnish guy in Prague yesterday. He was extremely drunk. I didn't ask him if he was following the WoF:)

Hurrikane

AS this is up on CND, any chance of getting the Neverdie play-by-play like he does for the champions league? that might be cool...

dont think you've got that quite right, maybe an actual swirly laden screenie isnt needed, but the requirement is for you to be in the team of the same name as that globalling and showing a position on CND. (correct me if im wrong here, Hurrikane)

eitherway, i'll be on CND, looking forward to it.

True, but team names aren't unique. We could have 10 teams named "WOF Robonia Support" and only one need be on CND...the one taking pictures. ;)

True, but team names aren't unique. We could have 10 teams named "WOF Robonia Support" and only one need be on CND...the one taking pictures. ;)

The screenie has to be taken by a person in the team globalling; i.e. the screenie should show the loot that was received for the global, and it should add up to 50+ PED.

Not sure if screenshots will be counted if they don't show the actual loot.

The screenie has to be taken by a person in the team globalling; i.e. the screenie should show the loot that was received for the global, and it should add up to 50+ PED.

Not sure if screenshots will be counted if they don't show the actual loot.

HUh?:scratch2:

Please show me in the rules where is says a person in the globaling team has to take the screenie. I'm *kind of* a WOF Rules-whore, and I have seen nothing indicating that any loot has to be show or that globals have to be taken by the team. Timestamps have also seemd to have fallen off of the radar, too.

All we need is a screenie, not even from a member of that team, taken on CND.

There is a gulf between what is actually spelled-out in the rules and between what one would *assume* the rules should be...

Support Teams also need to be there; although scores will be recorded on the day, ONLY SCREENSHOTS TAKEN ON CND WILL MAKE THE FINAL, CONFIRMED SCORE.
...is all we have. Up to now, a "screenshot" for the WOF has just been a screen showing the global, not the loot, and have been taken by people who were NOT members of the team that globaled.

"Screenshots must be taken by a member of the scoring team, showing loot gained by the team during the global". That would settle this, but it's not there.

Show me in any of Hurr's posts that were not edited *after* this post that says this and win 1000 EFD...anyone? Anyone?

First one that shows me wins 1000 EFD!

HUh?:scratch2:

Please show me in the rules where is says a person in the globaling team has to take the screenie. I'm *kind of* a WOF Rules-whore, and I have seen nothing indicating that any loot has to be show or that globals have to be taken by the team. Timestamps have also seemd to have fallen off of the radar, too.

This is all I can find for now, regarding Main Teams:

Stages, Scoring and Moblists:

Judges will be placed in the Main Teams for scoring purposes whenever possible (set loot on random at your peril). Screenshots of all globals should still be submitted throughout the Tournament for verification and our records.

I can't be arsed to search through all the WoF threads, but I'm sure Hurrikane has stated somewhere that Screenshots for Main Teams need to be submitted by a member of the Main Team, so that he can see "Team Listing" and loot, to verify that the global was actually by the proper Main Team and not a dummy Team with the same name hunting the same mob.

It's difficult to state every single possibility in the Rules. This is just common sense.

Regarding Support Teams, I'm sure now that the globals need to be achieved "Off World", that screenies showing team listings and loot need to be submitted (since there can't be a judge on every single Support Team).

Let's just wait for Hurrikane to say whether this is the case or not. But it's the easiest solution.

Best solution IMO would be that the actual person getting the global has to submit it, to prove that the global was on CND/CP.

Hi, this was an unexpected issue to raise itself; let's see.

The Rules are not too clear on this, I agree.

In the Info and Rules thread I ask each team to have several screenshotters. This indicates the Screenshotters are IN the team but is only a recommendation.

The "CND Clause" asks for all screenshots submitted to be taken on CND. Again, this leaves ambiguity, I apologise.

The idea was obviously that each Team/Support Team takes their own screenshots, with one of the team doing so. When we used screenshots last year it was required to show time, loot distribution and the team list; Rules I intended to pass over to this year but in editing did not include again. This was my error.

Screenshots became less important this year, due to the Judges mostly being In-Team, and scoring methods improving to the point where most teams agreed with the scores recorded on the day of their hunts. With this focus off the screenshots I neglected to realise their impending importance in Stage 5. Teams only needed to submit them in cases of missed scores or disagreements.

The idea was that all who take part in this round do so in Space. I have been unclear on what's required for screenshots, as until now they have not been crucial.

So yes, this is an edit of the Rules, but a necessary one. It also meets the "loophole" halfway, so no-one should be too pissed.

Screenshots:

All screenshots must be taken by a member of the team that scored the global in the pic.

All screenshots must show time, location (co-ords), mob details and loot distribution.

Only Screenshots taken on CND will count for Stage 5.

This allows teams to split themselves between space and the planet if they wish but retains the need for Space involvement, in keeping with the spirit of the Stage and the Tournament in general. (keep with the spirit people!)The requirements for screenshots are no more severe in this edit than in any other contest requiring screenshot verification.

The only reason this rule is in place is to stop huge bery scores making the results biased to the Planet; this would defeat the object of a Space Stage a little. The need to have some members of each Support Team in Space should curb this a bit.

Frigid, thank you for pointing out the lack of clarity on this subject. I hate to change anything during the Tournament, but as this was merely addressing an area with insufficient information, it is more of a patch than an update:)

So what'll actually happen on the day is this;

The teams hunt, the judges write down anything with "WoF" in it... then afterwards I go through every screenshot for support and make sure they were all taken in space, following the rules above. I discount those that don't have correct screenshots.
Then the scores are confirmed.

Hope everyone's happy with that.

Hurrikane

Clarification! :yay:

Great work, hurrikane. This should, I think, answer all questions and deal with all confusion on this matter, but we shall see...

good to have a clarification to remove speculations. gj.

I can't be arsed to search through all the WoF threads

Then no EFD for joo! ;)

But I try and stay on top of the rules, and have seen nothing along these lines. I was just seeing if anyone knew of the bits I missed.

It's difficult to state every single possibility in the Rules. This is just common sense.

Pffft! Common sense...that is why we have rules and laws and tax codes because one person's common sense is different from another's...and some have none at all!

I know what *I* would do, or what *I* would assume, but we neeed rules and clairification to make sure everyone's assumptions are exactly the same.

Sorry...rules-whore and all...:D

Last edited:
So yes, this is an edit of the Rules, but a necessary one. It also meets the "loophole" halfway, so no-one should be too pissed.

Screenshots:

All screenshots must be taken by a member of the team that scored the global in the pic.

All screenshots must show time, location (co-ords), mob details and loot distribution.

Only Screenshots taken on CND will count for Stage 5.

*squeal* :yay::yay::yay:

I know there is a german word for the thrill of seeing others fail. Is there a word for the thrill of air-tight rules? :)

That works nicely.

Frigid, thank you for pointing out the lack of clarity on this subject. I hate to change anything during the Tournament, but as this was merely addressing an area with insufficient information, it is more of a patch than an update:)

Hurrikane

Sorry to be such a bother, but when I have questions or things don't seem right I speak up. There was a weakness there that I would rather have addressed *BEFORE* the match than have something come to light during or after the match, throwing what should have been a clear win or loss into those "icky wins" like George Bush in 2000 or some athletes that get medals much later after those who placed higher test positive for steriods.

I like my wins clean, clear, and by the rules...and rules pressed to their limits ;)

The change is more a clarification for a special round of the WOF. This is not really a change in how we do things or score things, just in how the screenshots are gathered and verified. For all other rounds, it's not an issue, but with the special conditions for this round, it is...or rather was...a weakness.

Avery's "common sense" was right on, but as that was not addressed by the rules, it was too wide a gap of interpretaion for my liking.

Thank you for taking the time to make this crystal clear. My work here is done...*gong*:smash:

So....the caveat of "split" teams on the ground and CND is if there is a disconnect from your ground-troops and the people on CND and they lose the team it's going to be hell to get it back.

PS it was funny to re-read my posts about scoring support. While I love it now, objectively I must admit it still sits hard with me. But, you said this was how it would be and so that is how we roll. Looking back at my old self and posts, I feel like a chain-smoker, with a cigarette hanging out of my mouth saying "You shouldn't smoke...it's bad for you.":smoke:

So...I look forward to puffing a few more scoring-cigs for continuing teams...;)

Any chance this round is being postponed after the shambles of the new vu today? Well, someone had to ask :laugh:

Any chance this round is being postponed after the shambles of the new vu today? Well, someone had to ask :laugh:

All the bugs aside, it is interesting to note that both the CP mobs are on the "changed mob" list...

Re Adj. rules:

Still doesn't say every member of the team must be on CND. Go teamz!
I thought that was clear from the unedited rules anyway.

re: new mobs
Don't think it will really change things. Apart from camping dome 4 instead of bothering with dasps

Oh yes there will be blood :eek:

Re Adj. rules:

Still doesn't say every member of the team must be on CND. Go teamz!
I thought that was clear from the unedited rules anyway.
:

Every team member doesn't have to be on CND...just the one taking the screenies. In the unedited rules without the screenshot reqs, you didn't need *any* support members on CND.

The unedited rules had loopholes...that's why they were fixed..

I don't think the VU changes matter...it just makes the mobs tougher so it effects all teams equally, though how they deal with it will differ.

I don't think the VU changes matter...it just makes the mobs tougher so it effects all teams equally, though how they deal with it will differ.

I guess you aren't affected with ammo not stacking or not tt'ing, items not stacking, armour and weapons not repairing, ctd's, lag? I'm more worried about those and the amount of time wasted trying to relog all the time and possibly losing the team than any mob changes :(

Everytime I ctd all I get for the next 5 minutes is 'Entropia is down for maintenance'. That's a lot of time lost in an Event like WoF and with teams possibly split could cause major problems. Let's hope there are some major patches coming before Saturday :)

I'm more worried about those and the amount of time wasted trying to relog all the time and possibly losing the team than any mob changes :(

If a Main Team becomes 'un-teamed' after EU crashes for any reason then I think I'm right in saying that because the Main Team names will have been recorded by the judges prior to match start any individual globals from those players will still count as point-scoring WoF globals for their nation?

I would hope that this is the case as there is the possibility of part of a team being on CP with the remainder on CND when the ctd or down-time occurs?

I guess you aren't affected with ammo not stacking or not tt'ing, items not stacking, armour and weapons not repairing, ctd's, lag? I'm more worried about those and the amount of time wasted trying to relog all the time and possibly losing the team than any mob changes :(

Everytime I ctd all I get for the next 5 minutes is 'Entropia is down for maintenance'. That's a lot of time lost in an Event like WoF and with teams possibly split could cause major problems. Let's hope there are some major patches coming before Saturday :)

I have to agree with Nadie here.. but I still hope that those bugs will be fixed till saturday. There are still few days left and it should be fixed by then.

and again...

GO TEAM SWEDEN :D

Yellow&Blue = swedish colors:
:(:):(:):(

and again...

GO TEAM SWEDEN :D

Yellow&Blue = swedish colors:
:(:):(:):(

the guy second from the left has blue clothes so I guess he is Swedish

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Oh...*those* changes...

The non-stacking issue went away by the afternoon for me (on PST). the CTD's also subsided. Things seems a bit laggier than normal, but oh well...

the guy second from the left has blue clothes so I guess he is Swedish

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

well, Finland has blue and white, you guys seems to like eachother in the middle ;)

If a Main Team becomes 'un-teamed' after EU crashes for any reason then I think I'm right in saying that because the Main Team names will have been recorded by the judges prior to match start any individual globals from those players will still count as point-scoring WoF globals for their nation?

I would hope that this is the case as there is the possibility of part of a team being on CP with the remainder on CND when the ctd or down-time occurs?

Hurrikane am I correct in my assumptions regarding this?

Hurrikane am I correct in my assumptions regarding this?

This counts for Main Teams (and always has; it's the reason we take the names). In normal circumstances teams are urged to re-team as soon as possible; if some members are in another part of space then lee-way can be given, and Members can global under ther names as solo players if the Team breaks up due to ctd etc.

This does NOT apply to ctd'd support teams; their member's names are not recorded. If your support team breaks, re-team.

Hurrikane

This counts for Main Teams (and always has; it's the reason we take the names). In normal circumstances teams are urged to re-team as soon as possible; if some members are in another part of space then lee-way can be given, and Members can global under ther names as solo players if the Team breaks up due to ctd etc.

This does NOT apply to ctd'd support teams; their member's names are not recorded. If your support team breaks, re-team.

Hurrikane

Thanks for replying and clearing this issue Hurrikane.

Did you get my official complaint regarding France's stalling tactics regarding our match time?

I've still not had confirmation from France that the 22.00 hours time slot is a definite (despite giving way on our first time preference to accommodate them).

Do you think this is in the spirit of the WoF because I don't?

Their unwillingness to respond to my request for confirmation on our match time will lose us support players for sure now as it will be too late to contact all of our squad.

I don't know if France are being rude, incompetent or are just plain cheats but they should be penalised for this.

36 hours notice and counting down is just not on, the lack of comunication and organisation shows a lack of respect for the effort everybody has put in to make this the most successful WoF ever, I am truely disappointed and think that the lack of sportmanship shown is disgraceful and degrades this pinnacle event.

Jamie

I don't know if France are being rude, incompetent or are just plain cheats but they should be penalised for this.

Erm, they're just being French aren't they! :laugh:

Jamhot

36 hours notice and counting down is just not on, the lack of comunication and organisation shows a lack of respect for the effort everybody has put in to make this the most successful WoF ever, I am truely disappointed and think that the lack of sportmanship shown is disgraceful and degrades this pinnacle event.

Jamie

36 hours?? where you get that from - the WoF is tomorrow and our first choice was the day time slot - thats less than 24hrs...

As far as I am concerned, this is cheating - a deliberate effort to sabotage our team and reduce our support numbers.

I understand they are afraid of losing to us, but to win without honour is no victory. Does the french squad not understand this?

If I were them, I would question my leaders current plan as it brings shame on them.

Last edited:
I understand they are afraid of losing to us, but to win without honour is no victory. Does the french squad not understand this?

We=Klingon, France=Romulan.

Reactions: Eps
Back