Stage 5 Off-World SEMI's

sounds awesome :) I wanna JOIN :D

We=Klingon, France=Romulan.

Damn straight.

As far as I am concerned, the french team have been acting like petulant children.

I apologise to any of the french squad who are unaware of their leaders actions, but we know for a fact her failiure to accept any times for the match was part of her "psychological warfare". IMHO this is totally unsportmanship like and I think a call for her resignation should be made from within her own team.

I have no issues with competing with any country on a basis of mutial respect, but the contempt the french team (or is it just their leader) has shown disgusts me. Win or lose tomorrow, in my eyes you already lost. What sort of respect will you have now?

You should be ashamed or, if the team were unaware, you should be angry.

Reactions: dj.
*passes out cheese to go with all this whine*

but we know for a fact her failiure to accept any times for the match was part of her "psychological warfare".

Yes thanks Nono and Eps for confirming this ;)

Unfortunately for Helena all her 'psychological war' little game has done is to motivate our squad to beat France more so than I could ever have done!

Reactions: dj.
MY WOF match is not until sunday but in the England vs. France match the team who pays me the most can have me pulling multiple dasps on the hunter in the oppositing team. Let the bidding war begin :wtg: :wtg: :laugh: :wtg: :wtg:

Ooooh yes please..... I'll have some of that Camembert..... ;)

:D

surely you'd rather some Stilton, Wensleydale or Red Leicester ;)

washed down with Nyetimber, wildly regarded as one of the best "sparkling wines" :wtg:

I apologise to any of the french squad who are unaware of their leaders actions, but we know for a fact her failiure to accept any times for the match was part of her "psychological warfare". IMHO this is totally unsportmanship like and I think a call for her resignation should be made from within her own team.

I believe in the trade, this is known as "pulling a Portugal"

surely you'd rather some Stilton, Wensleydale or Red Leicester ;)

washed down with Nyetimber, wildly regarded as one of the best "sparkling wines" :wtg:

Don't offer me anything other than a nice Lancashire ;)

:D

WHEW!!!!

The Off-World Semi's didn't go without a hitch; we had teams crashing, splitting, fragmenting all over. Next year there will NOT be a 2-location Space round!:)

The Actual scores rely on the Screenshots you all send in. ALL of your screenshots ASAP would be nice.

The positions seem clear enough; but if in the chaos the scores were different enough to change the outcomes, I need to know.

So, if your Team is happy that it has either Progressed or Been Eliminated, let me know. If you think our scores are wildly out, let me know.

And if you have any objection to the following results, LET ME KNOW!:)

The Finalists:

SWEDEN

ROMANIA

ENGLAND

The WoF 2008 FINAL

is upon us... the thread will be up in few minutes.

Hurrikane

P.S. I thought 12 Hof's from the Tibetan and Romanian Main Teams was impressive enough... then Sweden go and get 14 Daspletor HoFs in 3 hours!

WHEW!!!!

The Off-World Semi's didn't go without a hitch; we had teams crashing, splitting, fragmenting all over. Next year there will NOT be a 2-location Space round!:)

it work out ok in the end, i think everyone coped with the issues and it did bring some challenge. at least, lets not be so hasty to dismiss the possibilty, wouldnt that effectivly rule out a CP involvement in the future? just need to adapt a little, maybe with main teams split to start?

...wouldnt that effectivly rule out a CP involvement in the future?

It's funny how different people think different things when reading something.

I was wondering how overcrowded Domes 1 and 2 were gonna get.

:)

It's funny how different people think different things when reading something.

I was wondering how overcrowded Domes 1 and 2 were gonna get.

:)

arent Aradash a man and you a women? ;)

it work out ok in the end, i think everyone coped with the issues and it did bring some challenge. at least, lets not be so hasty to dismiss the possibilty, wouldnt that effectivly rule out a CP involvement in the future? just need to adapt a little, maybe with main teams split to start?

From our point of view in the disco, it was madness... I think if the 2 location format is used a simple way would be Support on CP, Main in CND or the reverse. The main problem is once a team crashes, the guy(s) over on CP need a spaceship to return to CND to reteam. That takes a lot more time away from hunting than if it was just out by the robot factory!

Also, if a team crashes and we allow them to go as an additional Main Team, we cannot see who is in the team since the judge(s) are no longer a team member. In theory, there could be 1 Main Team person and 50 helpers taking down Aurli in Dome 4. Not saying anyone would do that, but the possibility is there. It is not so much an issue of everyone cheating, but we (judges) also cannot say for certain they were NOT cheating.

An example: When England broke and created "WOF England Main #2" we thought at first it was a team just joking around. After all, there was a team called "WOF China 2008" scoring globals on Cornoanterians... I have seen WOF Iraq and WOF Afghanistan as well. We simply did not know and that was the worst part. During all this we are still doing our best to keep up the scoring from the teams we DO know about. Not as easy as it sounds ;)

From our point of view in the disco, it was madness... I think if the 2 location format is used a simple way would be Support on CP, Main in CND or the reverse. The main problem is once a team crashes, the guy(s) over on CP need a spaceship to return to CND to reteam. That takes a lot more time away from hunting than if it was just out by the robot factory!

Also, if a team crashes and we allow them to go as an additional Main Team, we cannot see who is in the team since the judge(s) are no longer a team member. In theory, there could be 1 Main Team person and 50 helpers taking down Aurli in Dome 4. Not saying anyone would do that, but the possibility is there. It is not so much an issue of everyone cheating, but we (judges) also cannot say for certain they were NOT cheating.

An example: When England broke and created "WOF England Main #2" we thought at first it was a team just joking around. After all, there was a team called "WOF China 2008" scoring globals on Cornoanterians... I have seen WOF Iraq and WOF Afghanistan as well. We simply did not know and that was the worst part. During all this we are still doing our best to keep up the scoring from the teams we DO know about. Not as easy as it sounds ;)

All good reasons for asking for an IN-GAME scoring system for WoF...but quite how that would cope with ctd's and late starts I don't know:)

Hurrikane

Back