Stamina the class divide

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Stamina is supposed to help everything. Yet there are two classes of players/avatars. Those created before 2009 starting with 9 Stamina points and those avatars created after 2009 starting with 1 Stamina point. The only way to get to 9 points now is to do 2 easy stamina missions and then grind 10s of 1000s or mobs in the selected Iron missions.
A recent support case to MA was met with a simple rebuttal when I asked if I could have the extra 8 Stamina points I am missing.
The playing field isn't even and I believe MA should give all new players 9 Stamina points and top up those players who didn't start with the 9 so get an extra 8 points.

Cheers
Bjorn

wow you didn't start before a certain time....

I say turn it into a defensive skill gain.... However make it go up 100 times slower than other attributes. or something..

But i do agree, everyone should get the stamina.
As well as, have an official statement of exactly what all attributes do.

why? i don't understand is that not the benefit of starting this game sooner?
like sale in real life.... you can't get that sale price when it expires...
some things are just how it happens sorry you feel this way but that's the advantage of starting this game sooner.

I'm a new player with 2 stamina and couldn't care less about it.

It seems we've run out of other 'fairness and equality' topics - which is beyond doubt good news. :)

I started in 2010, and I'm with Strash on this. It's really not Earth shattering.

Let the older players keep their mark of fame. We will have our marks of fame too, 10 years from now. We just cant see them yet.

it wasnt in 09 they changed it. I started in 07 with 1 stamina and 1 in the other attributes instead of 20 like the stamina 9 players did.

Ok, so what does stamina actually do for you? Entropedia only says that it adds to health. If that's true, then what does it matter where you start?

LOL this extra stamina adds almost nothing, and I can promise you there where ALOT bigger advantages having started early in this game...
As it is now, the only thing it does is you can see who are older/newer avatars, and this is very good since you can identify who are newbies/scammers/alt accounts much better.

If you get that extra stamina I want to be able to do the stuff that those who started before me as well *sarcasm*

really, stamina is probably one of the smallest early starting advantages. The big ones were item's being dropped, duping bugs, afk skilling, achieving god-mode due to wearing eon and afk-mod fapping on landgrab.... etc.

Lets make a deal. You can have the pre 2009 stamina in exchange for my pre 2009 deposits.

Yet there are two classes of players/avatars.

There is Another divivide to: Those who wasn't able to take full advantage of "easy" (iron) missions to get stamina from them, for one reason or Another. For instance, being at a daytime job so not able to get the stamina Point at Rocktropia Before the nerf bat there. Those of us who missed the warning about the NI mission change so we missed the stamina Point there (I personally got halfways in that mission chain - I have two limbo misssions). Those of us who have to work 40 hours/week, and wasn't able to spend weeks on (then) poor spawns of fouls and merps to get stamina Points from that. (For other missions, those of us who didn't get a fast repairable weapon so we were able to grind off 500 aurli/kreltin; 1000 trox and whatnot for other attribute gains).

If I recall right, 1 stamina point has been removed from merp, argonaut and fouls, and possibly steelbirds (don't remember). And from most missions on Rocktropia and possibly Arkadia. For instance it doesn't seem like the army graduation mission (10000 zombies) give stamina.

Sure, some mobs got more stamina gains, for instance the reward from 5000 spiders is nice. But on the other hand, so far I haven't stumbled over any nice, fast (prefarably repairable) weapon that would take me through it in a timely fasion.

The extra stamina Points I've gotten is 9 from "oldtime", then +1 from sweat camp mission, +1 from eomon, and if I can keep my sanity lol (I shoot this upp all the time) from the remaining ~500 longtooth. But from there I can't see any additional stamina gain for me for a long time. (I haven't checked the missions on Cyrene though, if there is any mission there that's worth doing.)

[Sorry for misspeling/capitalization, it seems that there is a spellchequer in IE nowdays that Always defaults to wrong language lol]

I'm grateful that MA/FPC made the grace time longer and added additional spawns and I was able to get a few missions to a new level. But two weeks/mob didn't cut it if you have to be somewhere else more than 40 hours/week, be social at weekends and visit friedns/family a few weeks during the summer.

Oh, and I deposit on average probably 2000 ped/month, at least. And my best weapons are still (L) (unless you Count theoretically eco weapons like arkadia TT weapons.. but try those on the remaning stamina giving mobs if you like)

Last edited:
why? i don't understand is that not the benefit of starting this game sooner?
like sale in real life.... you can't get that sale price when it expires...
some things are just how it happens sorry you feel this way but that's the advantage of starting this game sooner.

I gave up to pursue those missing stamina points, but you make a very weak point there and wanted to address it: I'm sure if MA decides to make a new "sale" (as all companies do, is not an 1 time affair) and give let's say 17 points of stamina to new players, you'll have something to say.

The path should be roughly the same for everyone, if an old player got from point A to point B in 2 years cycling xxx amounts of peds, and a new player has to cycle xxxxx amount of peds during 5 years to get the same, I see a bit of a problem. I think this is what bugs people the most, especially oldish mid-level players who see an unbreakable wall ahead.

If the very old players are already established (rare eco items, land areas and so on) and not investing much anymore but on contrary making a living out of it, and the mid-lever players are the ones paying the most, then the "naah naah in your face why you did not start earlier" will not help much, no?

Still this is a game, and I can compensate those missing stamina points with something else in RL (no, I do not own a big car...) :)

If the very old players are already established (rare eco items, land areas and so on) and not investing much anymore but on contrary making a living out of it, and the mid-lever players are the ones paying the most, then the "naah naah in your face why you did not start earlier" will not help much, no?

I joined 2005 so I got the oldtime stamina - but also, it was around 2005 that most of the really good items stopped dropping. The "first gen" VIII mindforce chips, to give an example. A106 amps stopped dropping when I joined I Think and a105 within a year (never looted any of those). Sure the first years I looted pretty many a102-a103 and then they I pretty much used as (L) amps.

I was ingame when there were MA tailorer shops, but on the other hand was Always broke, so I didn't stock up clothes, so I was taken by surprise when a day there were gone. Now I as same as everyone else are looking in auction if someone is posting (F) black clohtes that once were sold for TT. (By the time they were in the shops, I thought there looked a bit too plastic.)

To mention my "profits" ingame: One of my best repairable SIB weapons is archon sword. I Think I paid 2500 ped for it, and it has relatively bad tier values, but I hurried to buy one because people said materials were tough to loot. A few weeks later they had goen down by 1000 ped.

My best repairable armor is Ghost (having to pay Another 330 ped for footguards when they came). Bought it in auction part for part, didn't loot it ofc.

I also have VIking, buying part by part from auction. The last part, the arms, I Think I paid 750 ped for. Closest to looting was probably being able to buy footguards from auction at a reasonable price when the footguard VU came.

The "best" Think I looted and I use Daily is my TP(II) chip. Worth around 700 ped when I got it (now they're Worth around 70 ped).

Besides from that, I've been depositing, and buying things from auction, to sum it up. Yes my SGA plasma rifle also came from auction I didn't get mine free (sold fox ME, paid Another 1000 inbetween which I got from ingame bank loans).

Closest to land area is my two CLDs (both bought, didn't loot any). And apartment on Calypso (now moved inbetween two Buildings), and on asteroid (bought this apartment to help a friend who needed peds for Another apartment.)

As for land areas, I got the feeling the number of Active land owners now is pretty small, I mean ordinary players. I got the feeling most landareas are owned by (Anonymous) investment Groups and possibly alt avatars. Only a few landareas it seems like are owned by "normal" avatars who also does normal things (hunting, mining, crafting, tp-runs or whatever).

Edit: Found info about "BIG Industries" here: http://entropia-universe-mmorpg.blogspot.se/2013/05/the-people-behind-big-industries.html, so that at least some positive thing. And Monria we know about: http://mindstarmedia.com/monria-articles/theres-a-new-moon-rising/

Last edited:
I joined 2005 so I got the oldtime stamina - but also, it was around 2005 that most of the really good items stopped dropping. The "first gen" VIII mindforce chips, to give an example. A106 amps stopped dropping when I joined I Think and a105 within a year (never looted any of those). Sure the first years I looted pretty many a102-a103 and then they I pretty much used as (L) amps.

I was ingame when there were MA tailorer shops, but on the other hand was Always broke, so I didn't stock up clothes, so I was taken by surprise when a day there were gone. Now I as same as everyone else are looking in auction if someone is posting (F) black clohtes that once were sold for TT. (By the time they were in the shops, I thought there looked a bit too plastic.)

To mention my "profits" ingame: One of my best repairable SIB weapons is archon sword. I Think I paid 2500 ped for it, and it has relatively bad tier values, but I hurried to buy one because people said materials were tough to loot. A few weeks later they had goen down by 1000 ped.

My best repairable armor is Ghost (having to pay Another 330 ped for footguards when they came). Bought it in auction part for part, didn't loot it ofc.

I also have VIking, buying part by part from auction. The last part, the arms, I Think I paid 750 ped for. Closest to looting was probably being able to buy footguards from auction at a reasonable price when the footguard VU came.

The "best" Think I looted and I use Daily is my TP(II) chip. Worth around 700 ped when I got it (now they're Worth around 70 ped).

Besides from that, I've been depositing, and buying things from auction, to sum it up. Yes my SGA plasma rifle also came from auction I didn't get mine free (sold fox ME, paid Another 1000 inbetween which I got from ingame bank loans).

Closest to land area is my two CLDs (both bought, didn't loot any). And apartment on Calypso (now moved inbetween two Buildings), and on asteroid (bought this apartment to help a friend who needed peds for Another apartment.)

You have alot of things most players dont. You have viking, CLD, SGA items, and ghost? That's not too shabby. That you overpaid for something isnt really an MA problem, and MA shouldnt be held responsible for it in any way.

Life is all timing. You miss some opportunities and are in time for others. That's how it works.

I fail to sympathize with your point, if I am inferring it correctly. I mean, you have 9 stamina points I dont. And I also was not able to grind away on iron missions and get all those extra points. I never looted SGA, nor any of those amps you mentioned above. And it doesnt bother me at all that these things never happened. I'm here, now, doing my thing and not letting what I dont have get in the way of what I can have. We seem to be in the same boat, really. Our perspectives are the only thing that are different.

I'd be curious how many people actually think this is unfair. Poll, anyone?

It's amusing how clueless people are about "old times" despite the pletora of info about what uninteresting buggy thing PE was back then (2003-2004).

9 stamina? Hell, we beta-tested this until VU10, that's at least what we deserve, together with the purple beret.

It's funny how you are served under the nose for the past two years the most prosperous and filled with oportunities period EU ever had and you look at what.. 9 stamina.. almost 1hp. Good going, lol.

P.S.: i saw ingame a dialog, I think it was 2007 or so. Some guy sold a mod merc in 2003 for like 5k peds. And buyer and seller reunited when the price was already skyrocketting. You really would have liked the position of the seller, who chose to sell because, well, 500$ and who knows how this will evolve? Then maybe you should reexamine your surroundings and think for opportunities.

Last edited:
One thing about the stamina:

There was a rebalance: At the time of the change, "normal" attributes begun at level 20, but generally it was said that it was faster to gain attributes (such as agility) faster in the beginning, so the difference would be soon eaten up.

Stamina was at 9, probably because at the time new avatars begun with HP=90. (Because of the lesser initial attributes initial HP was 87 or something like that.) Personally, I think it would had been logical that new avatars still were given 9 stamina (because it's close to initial HP).

At the time of the change stamina wasn't used for anything, and you couldn't gain it. It was more or less a measure of how long you've been ingame (stamina could be either 1 or 9). Then we got the +1 stamina at the old sweat camp, for some time that was the only way to gain an additional stamina.

It was more or less when the iron missions came and people started to finish them, and missions on other planets, when it started to be a bigger deal. Special thing with stamina is that missions is the only way to gain stamina, the other attributes like agility goes up (slowly) during hunt naturally.

(Some really old people have +100 agility and +100 intelligence from before "evade nerf", the prerequisite was more or less possession of a mod fap or something similar that allowed cheap heals while being chewed upon.)

Last edited:
sure

sure, oh, btw, it isn't 'fair' that people who started in the gold age have gotten UL items that are now considered 'uber'.
pls give me the ability to buy some mod faps at tt as well :d
uuuh,.... NOT

Stamina is supposed to help everything. Yet there are two classes of players/avatars. Those created before 2009 starting with 9 Stamina points and those avatars created after 2009 starting with 1 Stamina point. The only way to get to 9 points now is to do 2 easy stamina missions and then grind 10s of 1000s or mobs in the selected Iron missions.
A recent support case to MA was met with a simple rebuttal when I asked if I could have the extra 8 Stamina points I am missing.
The playing field isn't even and I believe MA should give all new players 9 Stamina points and top up those players who didn't start with the 9 so get an extra 8 points.

Cheers
Bjorn

I get a deja vu cos I made almost identical thread about 3 months ago, but yah I feel like I should see the extra 8 stamina also. Also btw you said "2 easy stamina missions" o_O; I only know of 1 easy stamina mission to get to 2 stamina from 1. Which are the two? :O

Last edited:
I joined PE/EU in 2003, I had 9 stamina when I created my avatar.
It toke me several months to get some thousand in one weapon related skill, but after the changes
people got 1 in stamina, but I could skill up another, similar weapon related skill to same
point as the first one, in one weekend.
Some lost in attributes but won in skillgains progress.
If they change the staminas for those who did start with 1, it doesn't matter for my part thou'. :)

(Some really old people have +100 agility and +100 intelligence from before "evade nerf", the prerequisite was more or less possession of a mod fap or something similar that allowed cheap heals while being chewed upon.)

You didn't need a mod fap, anyone could do it with a fap 5, just not to the extent of what you could do with a mod fap, but it still worked. I'm not sure what the problem was, they were buying skills with fap decay, MA was getting paid, they were getting skills.

I remember running across the map, and all the sudden you would come upon a giant red ball of mobs on the radar and go wtf is that, then you would get closer and see someone right in the middle with a big fap afk fapping away :laugh: That was before those damn CRITS, and the change to mob ai so they loose interest and wandering off :(

omg you bought a ml35/ml45 for 3k in 2004 I want to be able to buy one aswell

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You can have +8 stamina (which, btw, was changed in autumn of 2006, soon after I started) as soon as I'll have 3 years of more linear (like in 2002-2005) skill progress and get to 150 agility.

The only way to get to 9 points now is to do 2 easy stamina missions and then grind 10s of 1000s or mobs in the selected Iron missions.
I did the one easy Stamina mission for newbies on Calypso back in 2010 and got +1 Stamina. What is the other easy Stamina mission? I want to do it as well.

Yes to the extra 8 missing stamina.

If MA had left the damned mission rewards alone, I'd not have been to fussed, but then that got nerfed as well, long before I could complete them, not through lack of trying, but I have all missions open, and don't grind 1 mob to completion, then move to another. I like to kill several different mobs, depending on my mood.

I did ask Charlie a few years ago, and he said he would ask, never heard a peep from him since.

Those with the big wallets again got a lot of stamina and other general skill boosts, and those who aren't rolling in money, lost yet again.

I get a deja vu cos I made almost identical thread about 3 months ago, but yah I feel like I should see the extra 8 stamina also. Also btw you said "2 easy stamina missions" o_O; I only know of 1 easy stamina mission to get to 2 stamina from 1. Which are the two? :O

I did the one easy Stamina mission for newbies on Calypso back in 2010 and got +1 Stamina. What is the other easy Stamina mission? I want to do it as well.

If I'm not mistaken, it was a mission on NI, kill 20 papoo (yes, that was it) and another one on RT, also kill some 30 soulshakers or trolls. The best thing about RT, it was bugged - was repeatable, but I think MA got the extra stamina back. Both missions were axed ~ 3 years ago.

I'm not sure what the problem was, they were buying skills with fap decay, MA was getting paid, they were getting skills.

One problem was that autocklickers was in a grey area; it wasn't allowed but I don't think MA ever used banhammer for that (just a simple AC). (This was before "auto use tool".)

As for the nerf I thought the big change from this was that you'd only get evade skills for the first hits and from that you had to wait a long time before you'd get evade skills again. I remember at some point mob lost interest, but I think it got changed to that mob got "tame" as long as it was damaged, but once mob was at full health it would start to attack you again. Then, some times later, the period of "tameness" was removed (wasn't mentioned in any VU) - possible this was related to evade skill nerf.

This picture was taken by damage the mob, let's say shooting it down to 50% and then wait until it got "tame" (healing meanwhile). And of course then, when it had regained full health I had to watch out lol as it started to attack.

(I had around 110 HP, kobold armor and 2500 fap when I started to hunting them back in those days. I remember that a goal was to get to 114 HP, it ment they couldn't one-crit me anymore.)

Last edited:
seriously get over yourselves...... you started to late...... you were to late... opportunity passed. move on.... keep moving forward.

Good luck............

and hey get over it... cause you were to late.... booo hooo

seriously get over yourselves...... you started to late...... you were to late... opportunity passed. move on.... keep moving forward.

Good luck............

and hey get over it... cause you were to late.... booo hooo
You've basically made the same post twice in this thread, which means you would probably be quite upset if it were changed. Yet, you tell people to stop caring. Someone sounds like a hypocrite to me.

Back