Stina Going for 10,000 Cornundacauda Need item Recommendations

Animefreak

Guardian
Society
VIRAL
Stina TwoPoint Zero
Hey there, i've been playing Entropia for quite some time on and off just for fun but I decided to step it up a notch and try the eco thing so i'm about to embark on the 10,000 Cornu Mission and I was hoping for some weapon / armor recommendations for best eco on these mobs

//Stina

Good luck! :) which size cornundacauda are you planning to go after? small, medium or large? ^^

Pixie and 2a plates is great for those maturities. You'll be a little over-protected for the youngs, but perfect for the olds.

If you have a fair amount of evade, go ahead and go without the plates in just pixie.

unamped korss H350 should be ok to those atleast the older maturities?
wonder if that should be ok i think

Pixie and 2a plates is great for those maturities. You'll be a little over-protected for the youngs, but perfect for the olds.

If you have a fair amount of evade, go ahead and go without the plates in just pixie.

im just level 8 evader so do you think i need the plates?

unamped korss H350 should be ok to those atleast the older maturities?
wonder if that should be ok i think

just checked AH and there is only one Korss H350 in there and its UL wich is a bit steep for my economy :D any other suggestions?

laser carbine (lr32) plus a finisher, and you will finish it in 50 hrs :) Armor irrelevant (<2%)

just checked AH and there is only one Korss H350 in there and its UL wich is a bit steep for my economy :D any other suggestions?

Well Breer P3 should be ok too? or just buy a rifle.. Breer M3 should be ok?

laser carbine (lr32) plus a finisher, and you will finish it in 50 hrs :) Armor irrelevant (<2%)

Is that Eco thoe? :) i dont realy mind if it takes 200h to complete just as long as its as eco as possible :D thanks for the help! :)

If you get the p3a you should buy an a103 amp as well. They are fairly cheap as far as amps go and it will improve the eco of the gun. Especially over a long mission like this.

P4a (L) + A104 is about as eco as you can go for a very long time. That gun just happens to be a good size for small corns, and you can use a smaller weapon (TT blade or fist for example) as a finisher to diversify your skillgain and spend less per kill.
As to armor, unplated pixie will do you fine. Use whatever your SIB ballfap is for healing, or a T1 if you don't like the markup.

Is that Eco thoe? :) i dont realy mind if it takes 200h to complete just as long as its as eco as possible :D thanks for the help! :)

The surefire way of determining what works best is to test different weapons, write the numbers down, then compare them. P4a might look better on paper, but what if your armor decay is 10% instead of 2%?

It depends a bit what u want.

The most eco setup is probably pa4 pa5 korrs400 with 104 amp, considering your realistic options. For max eco get the biggest sib laser pistol u have maxed. Add to that the biggest omegatron series amp you can afford. Use a finnisher. Also consider getting a rifle for tagging. Ma3 riker ul1 or such. Will reduce damage taken and help kill faster.

Alternately you could consider skills and try for either melee weapons for increased hitpoints. Or rifle skill for increased pvp capabilites.

Another option is the cb19 beast combo. It will help u skill rifle and blp, which might also be usefull pvp skillset, and will have high dps. Just make sure to use a finnisher.

GL on 10k kills.

If you go with a big gun/amp, you don't need armor/fap.

For example, I usually hunt feffs with a cb19/beast setup around fury. If a tripudon young attacks me, it takes exactly 3 hits from the gun to kill it. A young faux takes 2. As you can imagine, I can do 2 or 3 shots long before the monster even gets one attack on me. A similar strategy should work great on cornu, just keep a good finisher when it's nearly dead (or even 2 finishers. I usually carry around both a cb5 and kiwio to finish very small mobs.)

Depending on your skills, I would guesstimate that cb13/p3a/m2a/s60 should all be enough to kill them quickly. Amping is up to you but the cb13/s60 are hard to amp. I don't amp them when I use them.

I have to say P4A L+A104 is the best pistol I've used for a low level hunt. What immortal is trying to say is that with the LR32L the increased DPS can out weight the eco factor ie DPP. The choice is yours, I usually pick a gun setup that leaves 50-75% of the mobs HP so it has a chance to hit me at least once or twice to get some evade skills at least :). GL.

huge secret:D the eco of most guns with the right amp is more or less the same... the damage per pec diferencial is noticible over the span of a few thousand ped cycled, but you won't notice much it over the 500 ped it will take you to do the 10k corn mission.

the thing I like about laser pistols is they don't break nearly as fast as others, and the likelihood of overkilling a mob is less. my personal observation is that loot is more balanced with a slightly slower kill speed... but that's not reallly provable.

I am moving on to this after my 10k daikaba.

My setup will be p4a + a104 and Explorer armor + 2B plates.

Explorer + 2B is very eco against several mobs, including argonauts which I plan on doin after Corns... if I live that long.

JEHU

The surefire way of determining what works best is to test different weapons, write the numbers down, then compare them. P4a might look better on paper, but what if your armor decay is 10% instead of 2%?

P4a has enough DPS to kill them fairly quickly, as long as one has even a little evade then it won't be a problem I think. No data to prove it though.

and here i thought that knocking out the 100 corns with apis+dante was fast (about 30 mins) and fairly eco (any health that was under 2/3 i took out with a cb-5) with gnome unplated.

and for those that are gonna bash this i already did the math.

p4a you need 5 shots and one opalo to finish it cost 51.95
apis you need 2 shots and two opalo to finish it cost 52.63
thats a difference of .68pec

factor in that the apis can and does one shot aka crit a corn dead over all i think there would be savings to be found there. just throwing in my 2pec.

**numbers from wiki**

loughlin one is fun little bashing tool for corn too. ;)

but you won't notice much it over the 500 ped it will take you to do the 10k corn mission.

Hey Lil ;)

500 ped is a liiiitle bit cheap for the 10k corn mission I think :eyecrazy: I believe a young corn has 150 hp, so 10k of those would have 1500k hp. It roughly takes 3 ped to take down 1000 hp, so 10k corns would cost about 4500 ped.

Or am I making a mistake ?

10k in 50 hours, so 200 per hour, would only be possible if you got a very good spawn. Although I have not really searched for one, the best I saw so far was in pvp1 or pvp2 (the one S of Rogue Plains). Do you mind sharing where you are hunting them immortal ? I've seen some globals from you on young corns, so I assume you were doing the mission last weekend (gz btw).

10k in 50 hours, so 200 per hour, would only be possible if you got a very good spawn. Although I have not really searched for one, the best I saw so far was in pvp1 or pvp2 (the one S of Rogue Plains). Do you mind sharing where you are hunting them immortal ? I've seen some globals from you on young corns, so I assume you were doing the mission last weekend (gz btw).

I hunted them on TI with the aforementioned combination. I was getting around 1.6-1.7 corn per ped at the end of my run. average per hour was over 300 (including ammo restock/loot selling/armor repair). I actually used lr32+a103/a104, plus corrosive VII, VI, First Gen Electric VI plus emik s30. The MF chips could easily be substituted for unamped p4a.

If you get the p3a you should buy an a103 amp as well. They are fairly cheap as far as amps go and it will improve the eco of the gun. Especially over a long mission like this.

i might actually try that :) have a a103 laying around somewhere :D thx for the tip

will keep this in mind thanks

P4a (L) + A104 is about as eco as you can go for a very long time. That gun just happens to be a good size for small corns, and you can use a smaller weapon (TT blade or fist for example) as a finisher to diversify your skillgain and spend less per kill.
As to armor, unplated pixie will do you fine. Use whatever your SIB ballfap is for healing, or a T1 if you don't like the markup.

someone else recommended a p3a + a103 but i just so happen to have a a104 aswell so i might aswell try both setups and see what works best :) unplated pixie *check* seems to be a good choice thanks for the tip

It depends a bit what u want.

The most eco setup is probably pa4 pa5 korrs400 with 104 amp, considering your realistic options. For max eco get the biggest sib laser pistol u have maxed. Add to that the biggest omegatron series amp you can afford. Use a finnisher. Also consider getting a rifle for tagging. Ma3 riker ul1 or such. Will reduce damage taken and help kill faster.

Alternately you could consider skills and try for either melee weapons for increased hitpoints. Or rifle skill for increased pvp capabilites.

Another option is the cb19 beast combo. It will help u skill rifle and blp, which might also be usefull pvp skillset, and will have high dps. Just make sure to use a finnisher.

GL on 10k kills.

Will probably try a handgun combo then as i am not interessted in pvp at all in this game :D thanks for the tip!

Back