Stina Going for 10,000 Cornundacauda Need item Recommendations

I have to say P4A L+A104 is the best pistol I've used for a low level hunt. What immortal is trying to say is that with the LR32L the increased DPS can out weight the eco factor ie DPP. The choice is yours, I usually pick a gun setup that leaves 50-75% of the mobs HP so it has a chance to hit me at least once or twice to get some evade skills at least :). GL.

a valid point then :D thanks for clarifying

If you go with a big gun/amp, you don't need armor/fap.

For example, I usually hunt feffs with a cb19/beast setup around fury. If a tripudon young attacks me, it takes exactly 3 hits from the gun to kill it. A young faux takes 2. As you can imagine, I can do 2 or 3 shots long before the monster even gets one attack on me. A similar strategy should work great on cornu, just keep a good finisher when it's nearly dead (or even 2 finishers. I usually carry around both a cb5 and kiwio to finish very small mobs.)

Depending on your skills, I would guesstimate that cb13/p3a/m2a/s60 should all be enough to kill them quickly. Amping is up to you but the cb13/s60 are hard to amp. I don't amp them when I use them.

lots of people recommend p3a and p4a i will try both with a103 and a104 :) thanks for the tip

huge secret:D the eco of most guns with the right amp is more or less the same... the damage per pec diferencial is noticible over the span of a few thousand ped cycled, but you won't notice much it over the 500 ped it will take you to do the 10k corn mission.

the thing I like about laser pistols is they don't break nearly as fast as others, and the likelihood of overkilling a mob is less. my personal observation is that loot is more balanced with a slightly slower kill speed... but that's not reallly provable.

i doubt the 10k mission will cost even close to 500ped :p as the Daikiba one that im on atm will cost me close to 2000 ped just from 1-10000. will go for p3a+a103 / p4a+a104 and see wich i like best :D

I am moving on to this after my 10k daikaba.

My setup will be p4a + a104 and Explorer armor + 2B plates.

Explorer + 2B is very eco against several mobs, including argonauts which I plan on doin after Corns... if I live that long.

JEHU

the p4a + a104 + unplated pixie is what i will go with + p3a+a103 as it looks now :) will see wich weapon combo i like best might aswell try the p3a with a104 too :D

and here i thought that knocking out the 100 corns with apis+dante was fast (about 30 mins) and fairly eco (any health that was under 2/3 i took out with a cb-5) with gnome unplated.

and for those that are gonna bash this i already did the math.

p4a you need 5 shots and one opalo to finish it cost 51.95
apis you need 2 shots and two opalo to finish it cost 52.63
thats a difference of .68pec

factor in that the apis can and does one shot aka crit a corn dead over all i think there would be savings to be found there. just throwing in my 2pec.

**numbers from wiki**

Sounds reasonable but i dont have the economy for the bigger guns nor do i have a dante :D

Hey Lil ;)

500 ped is a liiiitle bit cheap for the 10k corn mission I think :eyecrazy: I believe a young corn has 150 hp, so 10k of those would have 1500k hp. It roughly takes 3 ped to take down 1000 hp, so 10k corns would cost about 4500 ped.

Or am I making a mistake ?

I believe you are correct :D

You'll probably need armor with a pistol.

Average of young (150 hp), mat (180), and old (200 hp) = 176.7 hp per kill.
176.7 X 10k kills = 1.77M hit points.

Breer M1a L with a102 amp = 2.950 damage per pec.

(1.77M / 2.950) / 100 = 6000 ped only to shoot out enough damage to kill that many cornu, including amp/gun decay, not including skills/sib/etc. Note that this setup is exceptional, in general you'll see far lower. Usually I see 2.85 with beast amp.

I have to say P4A L+A104 is the best pistol I've used for a low level hunt. What immortal is trying to say is that with the LR32L the increased DPS can out weight the eco factor ie DPP. The choice is yours, I usually pick a gun setup that leaves 50-75% of the mobs HP so it has a chance to hit me at least once or twice to get some evade skills at least :). GL.

It is not just dps, it is range + dps. Provided you can stay eco, you will get best and fastest results with any mob if you have enough range and dps to kill it before it reaches you. UL3+A104 works pretty much just as well as a LR32 for corn youngs, its just that it LR32 availability is much better.

OTOH, corns (like merp like foul like daikiba) are a good way to skill up just about anything, and you get a bonus at the end of the mission. So unless you have a deadline to meet or want to skill up as fast asyou can, you should equally think about what you want to skill up.

Probably yes, but its way too easy to be grossly over-armored for cornundacauda young. A good light armor (warrior, guardian, explorer) and plates is what is best here, very easy to get over 10% of decay improvement over Pixie fpr same damage and will be nicely reusable for next missions, much like Jehu says. Bodyguard(L) / Pioneer(L) would of course work too.

Yes ty for the correction Rem range plus dps is what I should of said & don't mix P3A with A104 amp, hope that was a joke :p.

Personally I use riker UL2 + a103 + opaloSGA+a101 with some LR32+a106 thrown in for bigger ones occasionally.
I do it in pvp1 without armor since I seldom get hit (cause of range). I actually have profited so far.(touch wood).
In my experience I get more evade without armor (few agrees), another reason for me to not use armor.
Also UL2+a103 gives more skills per mob (then bigger guns) due to the "click factor". I THINK thats uncontroversial.

All this makes time per mob a little high but thats ok for me. If spawn in pvp1 was denser I would probably use bigger guns more tho.

Probably yes, but its way too easy to be grossly over-armored for cornundacauda young. A good light armor (warrior, guardian, explorer) and plates is what is best here, very easy to get over 10% of decay improvement over Pixie fpr same damage and will be nicely reusable for next missions, much like Jehu says. Bodyguard(L) / Pioneer(L) would of course work too.

I'm not sure if low defense armor is more eco. I used ghost for years, and experimented with vigi, pixie, gnome, goblin, etc. and since november I've been using gremlin exclusively, and it seems that gremlin out-eco's all of them.

I need to experiment more, but I'm beginning to think that if you want the best eco but need a little bit of armor, you want the highest durability like pioneer L or 5a plates or something like that.

Theoretically, the best possible armor would be armor that gives absolutely 0 defense against whatever you are fighting, e.g. bodyguard vs sabakuma.

But then again, the OP might have enough evade to go naked, making the entire discussion moot.

Theoretically, the best possible armor would be armor that gives absolutely 0 defense against whatever you are fighting, e.g. bodyguard vs sabakuma.

Errr, what would then be the difference with being unarmored ? :confused:

you might consider the first generation electro chips , which are still cheap at this time. Killing small corns with the first gen I or II would be easy enough and by the time you are through the 5k I would imagine you would be skilled up to the III. I have done most of the 10k corn prov to alpha with a first gen IV chip and have found it quite easy.

Bones

I'm not sure if low defense armor is more eco. I used ghost for years, and experimented with vigi, pixie, gnome, goblin, etc. and since november I've been using gremlin exclusively, and it seems that gremlin out-eco's all of them.

I need to experiment more, but I'm beginning to think that if you want the best eco but need a little bit of armor, you want the highest durability like pioneer L or 5a plates or something like that.

The way it works out for the same, 5.3 point average hit is :
  • Renegade(L)+2B - 0.495
  • Pioneer(L)+5A - 0.524
  • Warrior+1C - 0.528
  • Guardian+4A - 0.531
  • Vindicator+3A - 0.534
  • Dragon+3B - 0.565
  • Pixie - 0.580

Trouble is getting Pioneer(L)/Renegade(L) for a low markup (sfe markup kills any advantage except equipping decay). Its essentially a divide and conquer strategy where you try to split damage approximately in half between as high as possible durability parts. Cornundacauda young damage is so low that anything above Pixie is out really.

PS. We could really do with a plate that has 4 impact protection and at least 1100 durability.

The way it works out for the same, 5.3 point average hit is :
  • Renegade(L)+2B - 0.495
  • Pioneer(L)+5A - 0.524
  • Warrior+1C - 0.528
  • Guardian+4A - 0.531
  • Vindicator+3A - 0.534
  • Dragon+3B - 0.565
  • Pixie - 0.580

Wow, renegade is huge. By these numbers, if we change to % of pixie:
Pixie = 100%

* Pixie - 100%
* Renegade(L)+2B - 85.3% of the cost of pixie
* Pioneer(L)+5A - 90.3%

In this game, even if the difference looks small, the cost is huge because nearly all small costs are multiplied many hundreds of thousands of times.

Last edited:
Wow, renegade is huge. By these numbers, if we change to % of pixie:
Pixie = 100%
  • Pixie - 100%
  • Renegade(L)+2B - 85.3% of the cost of pixie
  • Pioneer(L)+5A - 90.3%

In this game, even if the difference looks small, the cost is huge because nearly all small costs are multiplied many hundreds of thousands of times.

and how much would you need to hunt corn young to justify the purchase of a separate armour?

sigh i kill 100 of those atm and allready totaly bored... I don't understand how ppl can do 10k missions. lol

and how much would you need to hunt corn young to justify the purchase of a separate armour?

It's all about the eco. Let's say you take about +20 damage over health tic during a hunt per monster. 3-4 monsters in, you have to replace the 60-80 hit points or stop hunting. Armor will lower this by up to 19 (you still get 1 point hits), or you can use a fap. In general, if you are using a maxxed, non-imp, non-mod fap, the cost of fap = cost of armor decay, making it a wash. Imho, because of durability, I would prefer to have this cost as armor instead of fap.

If you are using a rifle/carbine instead of a pistol, you can cut the damage in half or more. If you are using a big gun, you can eliminate it if you can kill the monster before it touches you.

sigh i kill 100 of those atm and allready totaly bored... I don't understand how ppl can do 10k missions. lol

I just finished the 5k feff, and the reward is like 1k nova frags. Actually, you are doing a 15k mission before you get an actual reward.

Average of young (150 hp), mat (180), and old (200 hp) = 176.7 hp per kill.
176.7 X 10k kills = 1.77M hit points.

Breer M1a L with a102 amp = 2.950 damage per pec.

(1.77M / 2.950) / 100 = 6000 ped only to shoot out enough damage to kill that many cornu, including amp/gun decay, not including skills/sib/etc. Note that this setup is exceptional, in general you'll see far lower. Usually I see 2.85 with beast amp.

not counting Regen with Breer M1a that would prolly be alot?

you might consider the first generation electro chips , which are still cheap at this time. Killing small corns with the first gen I or II would be easy enough and by the time you are through the 5k I would imagine you would be skilled up to the III. I have done most of the 10k corn prov to alpha with a first gen IV chip and have found it quite easy.

Bones

does skilling the chips give alot hp? as my Avatar is very low on hp i would like to do something that gains me alot there :) without going melee weapons

I agree that it is quite booring but the rewards at the end + the stats for the lower missions are well worth the time spent, also i realy need to up nearly all my skills so doing that on these low mobs while getting the bonuses from the missions for me is compared to happy hour at a bar ;D

It is actually rather simple to calculate. On any hit, you save 0.085 pec, so you get back the markup on 2B plates in 8235 hits. Assuming you pay 115% for Renegade(L), you need 11.5K more hits to pay for the markup. 20K hits while killing 10K mobs sounds like an OK number unless you are using a high dps weapon. So you end up with a half decayed Renegade(l) armor and 2B plates for TT at the end of the mission, which is quite good IMHO.

This assumes you hunt only youngs, and never take the Pixie off.

I just finished the 5k feff, and the reward is like 1k nova frags. Actually, you are doing a 15k mission before you get an actual reward.

Cornundacauda and other newer missions like rippers and daikiba are better in that there is a real reward @ 500 and 5K.

not counting Regen with Breer M1a that would prolly be alot?

Cornundacauda have no regeneration. Eco does not shift the costs around a lot, though smaller weapon at the same eco means you will take longer, so you can do it on a lower effective budget.

I agree that it is quite booring but the rewards at the end + the stats for the lower missions are well worth the time spent, also i realy need to up nearly all my skills so doing that on these low mobs while getting the bonuses from the missions for me is compared to happy hour at a bar ;D

And small mob missions are rather good for that.

One point with L weapons; IMHO it's best to (within reason) fit the gun to the amp rather than the other way around. I'll give an example; HL6 and LR32 (both L) are roughly the same DPS unamped - but the HL6 gets more amplification (proportionately) from any given amp because each shot does less damage (made up for by firing more often). My best amp is an A104; anything bigger is beyond my budget. And although I haven't actually calculated DPS it is apparent that the HL6/A104 combo allows me to kill bigger mobs than the LR32/A104 one, or alternatively to kill small-ish ones faster.

Killing faster means better eco because you don't get hit as much. And another contributor to better eco for pistols in practice is that the damage is coming more from decay on the amp (which has no MU) and less from gun decay, which does have MU to add on to it.

Oh, and take a finisher with you, finisher to be as eco as possible. I use an Opalo with A101 quite often; if the mob is really on its last legs the TT laser pistol is even better. Overkill is the enemy of eco.

Since all the corn spawns I've seen are on the sparse side, I'd go for rifle unless you are wedded to handgun for skilling.

M2a+a102 should work fine, or Riker2+a103 since you have that amp. Eco is very good with either setup, you can get to them quicker, and probably finish them before they reach you (esp if you back up while firing).

Back