Selling: Strength Keep Estate Auction 1 Mil Ped Estate

Status
Please reply by conversation.
All your bids have been cancelled.....

Says so right here -

"AUCTION ENDS SEP 13th
THERE ARE NO BUYOUTS!
Sorry folks, in this case you must bid on the items you want and be the highest bidder on Aug 13th."

According to this no one can bid on anything because the auction has expired =P

Hiya mmabigshow,

I am with the peeps here, could you post a little clarification on

- when exactly is the last date bids are being accepted (time as well)
- is the auc going live in the last hour with items extending 5 mins or so if new bids arrive or is it highest bids as per ebay system?

thanks
Angel (In Love With)

Hiya mmabigshow,

I am with the peeps here, could you post a little clarification on

- when exactly is the last date bids are being accepted (time as well)
- is the auc going live in the last hour with items extending 5 mins or so if new bids arrive or is it highest bids as per ebay system?

thanks
Angel (In Love With)

Generally with these style auctions, due to so many items being on offer and the offers being updated manually;

You will find a system such as the 11th hr countdown will be in place.
Where this will be in GMT+13 EF time or in Calypso time on the final day :dunno:

Either way, both are at the bottom of every EF page, if Jason can clarify :)

11th hour countdown system works on the set final day of the auction.
on the 23:00 hour, posted offers are updated.
on the 23:30 time, posts are updated again.
on the 23:45 time, posts are in their final last displayed offer state.

It is then upto the participant making the bid on the item they wish to,
To *very carefully* consider what their final winning bid should be.
This needs to be submitted before the 00:01 period of the next day
(00:00 next day + 1 min for email latency)
Anything beyond this point gets disregarded.

Final updated post shortly after the 00:00 ending hour of the next determines the winner of the bidded upon item. So all in all, people are not dicking around with 5 min extentions, this that and the other, you either place what you consider to be a winning bid, or you lose.

This is what makes these style auctions so exciting and at the same time,
Intense and nerve-wrecking :D What should my final bid be ..... :cool: ;)

Anyway, Jason can clarify, though this is not an automated system, things are done manually, I would not be expecting 5 minute updates on dozens of items, that is totally unrealistic and does not work with these style auctions.

11th hour auctions are great fun :D

One word of advise to bidders, upon the 11hr countdown, if such a system is used. You will find that names are not generally used to display who the bidder was. This is to save the brokers times in updating the overall offer post in the last two 15 mins intervals.

So it is highly recommended you use a unique bid, ie +10003 or +10007, of course by default all prices are TT +bid value.

If two bidders come in with the same bid, ie both +10000, then whoever got their bid in first time wise, is first in, the second is disregarded. So make them unique to reduce the risk of a redundant offer and to know it is your bid :)

Take Care,
Sparkz

Last edited:
What a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

:yay:

withdrawing my bid for the viking armor set

This is on topic hope I'm posting it in the right place lol. I am withdrawing my bid for the viking armor set this has nothing to do with all the slaming of mmabigshow I just decided it was more money than I'm willing to invest in such an item at this time. I hope u all get biding and this nice item sells as it was not my intention to wast anyones time.

PS I'm neutral in this slanging match (its none of my business)

bids cancelled

bids cancelled by pm and by this post
so no bids for evil amp, shopkeeper or golden statues

Naomi

Where's the mods?

Hi,

the behavior of some ppl here is ways beyond tolerable limits.

This is a sales thread in a sales subforum! Trying to destroy is IMHO a bannable offense, or at least should be.

Reported. This is no fun.

:topic:

Any post in this thread not directly related to the sales in question will be deleted from this thread :wise:

Rule # 35
Hijacking of sales threads to dispute the perceived market value of an item is NOT allowed. If you want to discuss the value of an item, create a thread in either the "Items" or "Price Check" forums to debate such matters.

Actually, in many cases before me yes, maybe that was true.

I've taken things to a higher level.

#1. I've created an impressive website that is reguarly updated with information pertaining to all that I dare attempt to accomplish. Items and properties are represented in a professional manner.
#2. I sought to bring in Agents to have some fun and share the wealth a little bit. The 3 point system would have worked out great even though it had the potential for my not making a dime on some deals which was ok. The Agents that have left have complained about it, but that is their greed. What everyone fails to see is, I never needed agents to do any of this to begin with. Just thought it would be a nice way of getting others involved.
#3. I post on multiple forums when I have a deal going, all promoting the same site which people can bookmark and frequent for updates.

I had planned on hiring a coder to create a more easy to update and semi automated system to my site once this got kicked off but it doesn't appear things will move that far.

Fact is, it's a hell of a lot more complicated than many of you realize. When was the last time you held an auction manually for over 200 items at once?

I'd agree your setup on the face of it looks alot better than most of the previous broker services.

The next off-topic post made in this thread will earn a 7 day ban :wise:

The moderators and staff of EF are not babysitters. This chaos, trolling and baiting has gone on long enough. Any members who cannot behave in a mature manner and respect fellow members and the forum rules will be taking a vacation from EF.

Last warning for all involved in these circus threads the last 2 weeks.

Even though you deleted my post as well - thanks 711 - a well needed deletion of stupidity

So then, let me rephrase the ontopic part of my post. Mmabigshow: Please state how the bidding on the final day is going to happen, will you allow extensions when someone gets overbid, what is the exat end time etc.

Give the value of the combined items I think its of paramount importance that all interested parties know exactly what they are at

thanks and gl
Angel

the next off-topic post made in this thread will earn a 7 day ban :wise:

The moderators and staff of ef are not babysitters. This chaos, trolling and baiting has gone on long enough. Any members who cannot behave in a mature manner and respect fellow members and the forum rules will be taking a vacation from ef.

Last warning for all involved in these circus threads the last 2 weeks.

lol lol lol :D :D :D

lol :D :D

MMA can you tell the "5pm Est" hours in MA time please? (for the auction end, the 13th september). Thanks.

Ok,
now that we are back on track. Bidding is expected to end on Sept 13th, however, the auction will continue for as long as bids are coming in, so, don't expect an exact ending time.

However, even if the biddings on certain things continue, bidding may be closed on items already bid to their apparent maximum and transactions on those items can begin.

Some people I know are waiting until the last day to bid on high end things. This isn't like the auction house and waiting until the last supposed minute of the auction isn't really going to make a difference.

If someone bids on an item and it's too low, the auction on that item will continue until the seller feels it's at a price he is willing to accept. If the bidding of a high end item is over what the seller expected, then he will certainly end the bidding on the 13th.

This is a liquidation, meaning, the seller is cashing out of the game and as such it is in his best interest to ensure he gets the maximum amount he can for these items as he won't be get another chance once this is all done. Know what I mean?
I am simply the organizer and the messenger. I'm doing what I'm told more or less to ensure the seller accomplishes his goal through me. I will not be taking the money or completing the transactions personally. The seller will be. I am merely the organizer, marketing dir and the messenger.

So, in a nutshell, there is no exact ending time. Just a guess on the date if that makes sense.

I hope this makes things a little more clear. Items that have reached their apparent maximum offerings that are in line with their actual value or exceed the current value will be ended, the rest will probably remain until such time as the aforementioned rulings are met.

Thanks.

So, in a nutshell, there is no exact ending time. Just a guess on the date if that makes sense.

I wish i could read just that instead of the whole thing :(

Sorry, I'm long winded when trying to make everything clear.
Just a habit.

GW is very well aware of this thread and some of the others.

This is an entire estate, not some little item. It's pretty obvious that I'm not "acting" like I'm selling these things.

Tzepu made some bids directly to GW which GW immediately sent to me for addition.

This auction is no secret to anyone.

No, GW didn't pass, hes just moving on.

Hello mmabigshow

thanks for the response. I have to say that I am dissapointed by it as I still have many quesitons

- Would my bid (if no-one bids higher) on the ES400 be accepted?
- How am I supposed to know when I can log out of EF and do other things if I do not have an exact ending time (say I bid at 19:00 German time, go out for a meal and log in at 17:00 the next day when I am back from work, surely if someone overbid me, the item would be gone) ...
- How does a winner know he/she is a winner?

Its not my show, its your show, but a word of a advise from someone who irl deals with hundreds of thousands every day

- Make the rules as clear as possible if you want to attract serious buyers -

Hoping for another clear answer, else I would like to withdraw my bid for now as this, for me, was not a good enough answer in regards to how this auction is handled

Regards
Angel

- Would my bid (if no-one bids higher) on the ES400 be accepted?
- How am I supposed to know when I can log out of EF and do other things if I do not have an exact ending time (say I bid at 19:00 German time, go out for a meal and log in at 17:00 the next day when I am back from work, surely if someone overbid me, the item would be gone) ...
- How does a winner know he/she is a winner?

Regards
Angel

Ok, to answer your questions as best I can.
If your bid is the highest bid offered by the approximate ending of the auction then it is up to the seller to accept your offer.

Think of this auction as basically a massive garage sale with a little more organization behind it. We are taking offers on items until they reach a satisfactory point where the seller is willing to let them go while adding an approx ending time so that everyone has a guideline as to when their maximum bid should be placed.

To make the process much easier on everyone, it would be in your interested to bid as much as you are truly willing to pay for an item. The object of this auction is for the seller to achieve maximum sales potential. This auction isn't setup for resellers really (generally speaking).

If there is something you want, bid as much as you can afford to pay and wait until the end. If an item is worth 10,000 PED and you offer 5,000, no, chances are you won't get the item. It's not that kind of auction.

I'm sorry if this isn't what you were expecting but again, I'm merely organizing the sellers wishes and have to follow through on what he wishes to accomplish.

I have added two new options to the auction for bidding:
The Castle, with All Furniture
The Castle, with All Furniture AND All Paintings.

Thank you

To make the process much easier on everyone, it would be in your interested to bid as much as you are truly willing to pay for an item. The object of this auction is for the seller to achieve maximum sales potential. This auction isn't setup for resellers really (generally speaking).

If there is something you want, bid as much as you can afford to pay and wait until the end. If an item is worth 10,000 PED and you offer 5,000, no, chances are you won't get the item. It's not that kind of auction.

I'm sorry if this isn't what you were expecting but again, I'm merely organizing the sellers wishes and have to follow through on what he wishes to accomplish.

So to clarify, this is a sealed bid auction?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealed_first-price_auction

Well, its all good and nice to achieve the maximum possible for an item when sold (quite obvious). On the other hand any buyer would want to pay as little as possible for an item (quite obvious as well).

So let me recoup. Any bid in red is subject to the sellers acceptance. If a current item bid is attracting a higher offer, then there is a non-classified time frame until the bidding ends and even then the bid is subject to the sellers approval?

I would expect at least a clear message from you as to how long that time frame would be - I am afraid, if you want to class this as an auction, please be more specific with the rules

- trying to help -

Regards
Angel

what a bunch of overpriced junk.

Ok, to answer your questions as best I can.
If your bid is the highest bid offered by the approximate ending of the auction then it is up to the seller to accept your offer.

Think of this auction as basically a massive garage sale with a little more organization behind it. We are taking offers on items until they reach a satisfactory point where the seller is willing to let them go while adding an approx ending time so that everyone has a guideline as to when their maximum bid should be placed.

and this is prolly why ur auction has gathered... a lil criticism
it looks like ur trying to squeeze every last ped out of the deal.... wich in itself is ok, we all wanna do that when we sell stuff... but ur rubbing ppls noses in it... there are ways to do what u wanna achieve without looking like the moneygrabbing greedy so and so

just as some constructive crtitcism .... u'd be much better sticking to a hard n fast end date/time so teh buyers know where they stand...but to put some reserve prices on the items.... or use a 15min snipe rule to ensure ppl get to counterbid... or ... now heres a radical idea..... why not set startbids to teh minimum value u expect?
i know, i know, its really far out and radical isnt it :) lol

but the point is that this auction isnt transparent.... u are basicly saying, "the auction ends once i am happy i cant sqeeze any more cash out of u".... try using this tactic "the auction finishes once everyone has a fair chance of bidding" (anti snipe) or "the auction finishes at x time but any items that dont meet the reserve value will be resold in a weeks time"(reserve price)

Ok,
Bidding is expected to end on Sept 13th, however, the auction will continue for as long as bids are coming in, so, don't expect an exact ending time.

As long as Bid came in ... what you have set as timeframe after the last
Bid came in, to win Auction? Or is there no timeframe, because it run as
long until wanted price is reach?

So this Price behinde each Item is at least a "Startbid"?
If yes, why some Items have no Price behind Name (SB=0)?

Greetings - Zwarka

Pm sent, mail sent ... now I hope my bids get updated here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back