Support Helpfull or Worthless?

Was your last support case solved succesfully?

• Yes

Votes: 66 61.7%
  • No

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • Never Submitted a Support Case before.

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters

Nihilist

Elite
Society
Cult of the Skull
Dave Nihilist Quantison
Was your most recent support case solved to your satisfaction or left unresolved and never solved?

Is our money being spent well on helpful support staff or wasted on unhelpful support staff?

All my support cases have been handled quickly, effectively and politely :)

Same as her :p

sometimes they even respond down to earth personal lol ^^

if they are effective completly depends on the (retard) that sends the supportcase =)

just keep in mind people the common rules!

- The golden rule is your friend
- Common sense > all

;)

All my cases have been responded to quickly and have been resolved soon after, except for last one. Had the generic "forwarded to the design team" response, but still waiting for it to be resolved after almost 3 weeks.

It involves an invisible mining claim at coordinates easily accessible by my avatar.

all of my cases have been taken care of well.

my last case was about my hair style having some bald spots, it took a week or so but it got solved with one of the 10.1 updates.

Support have always been very quick but predictable responses 9 times out of 10.. my most recent case was to request cancellation of a ped withdrawal which was sorted within 24 hours.

I think it really depends on what it's about & who get's the case
but in general 90% get's solved fast
8% of my cases take some more time
& i got 1 case wich still isn't fixed (Uses of the HL15)

Support have been equally helpful and unhelpful for me in the past.

My last case was to request a new gold card and reader and the procedure for that seems a bit backwards.

Instead of just allowing me to send both back to them and have them replace them. I had to purchase a new reader (which they will refund), wait for it to arrive, send my current card and reader back to them and only then they will send a new card. :scratch2:

I say the same as Rockchick:
All my support cases have been handled quickly, effectively and politely

like ALL customer supports in the world, it depends on what the question is and how you frame it. ask a dumb question in a dumb way, you'll get the uato-reply. same often is the first responce to sensible question as it is logged, but perservere though and usually get a sensible responce.

All of my support cases have been resolved, some took a little extra time but nothing that could not be worked around.

I've never had an issue with MA support.

my last couple supportcases been very discouraging.. no happy end here :(

but i did have some fast resolved cases in the past!

Last edited:
I've still got a few out...

I've still got a few support cases out. Typically, support is very fast and responsive. Lately, with all the post vu 10 bugs I think they are a bit overwhelmed at the number of tickets coming in.

Main support questions that still have out are mostly regarding estates. Once they get functioning before long, I think most issues should resolve themselves fairly quickly.... however, til then we are still left with lots of questions... like what happens if an owner of one of the broken booths puts something in their estate and it gets stolen, what happens if an apartment owner puts a sign out in the hallway, and it shows up in estate terminal as an item that is in the apartment when it's really out in the hallway, where you could not put stuff pre vu 10 without it getting stolen, what about all the signs that have funny graphics now, like ads on visique signs showing up 90 degrees off from where they are suppossed to be, ad terminals in shopping malls showing the ads flipped, like in a mirror, etc - someone paid to have those ads shown... I don't think they meant to be paying for something that is that hard to read.

They usually respond very quickly these days :thumbup:, though the first reply in most cases sounds like "I don't want to read your support case" :(.

In some situations they come up with "we can't help you" but a little niceness and further explaining solves most things in a positive way.

Though, my latest endeavour was a little odd ;).

after 4 years making support cases, i can say yes, i be happy with the support.

Exactly the same with me. I think they are doing a good job (at least with the support cases I have filed). Thanks MA :wtg:

all my support cases have been handled professionally and with good result :)

i had one support case where a team of us looted an ambu n got not even a no loot message, they said it could not be verified so they would do nothing. the very next day i had a support case of a mob i couldnt loot due to some bug, sent a screenie with it so it could be verified and got "we passed this on to our design team......blah, blah, blah" no resolution at all. i give up with support cases apart from the one atm where i cant log on as the new update is crap. maybe i should ask the design team why it took 12 hours to redownload the game? they dont care about the players in my experience, which is funny as we pay their wages.

I have personally only ever had to contact support 3 or 4 times. In all those situations the problem was rectified in under 24hrs, so I really have nothing to complain about.

But that was nothing major, just missing depos, log in issues etc.

I have never gotten past the auto response software except once to tell me the case was closed when I asked it be passed on to a supervisor.

Usually I am already really 'frustrated' when I write a support case.

Most of my support cases are ending up with copy-paste answers.. 'forwarded to design team' ... etc.
(... but no real technical help for example)

In the beginning I found it funny to collect these very creative 3-4 liner writings...

...later I took a less nice and more personal style with them.

Here is my last SC...

Hi,

Download speed with clientloader is 4-5kb/s both with torrent and on another pc regular download.

Last time I whined about this you provided me this ip: http://195.128.241.5/
... so I was able to download updates with good speed.

Can I have that back online or the direct download link for the VU file please?

Regards: Argh

2009-11-18 16:01 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Unfortunately this IP adress is no longer used by us. We recommend that you keep using the torrent; as soon as more people in your area start to download you should see significant speed increases.

We apologize that we could not be of any more assistance.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

2009-11-18 18:39 You wrote:

I asked for something like this:

http://dlmirror.entropiauniverse.com/Update_10.3.0.0-10.3.0.35944.exe

Noobody perfect.

2009-11-19 09:33 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

We are happy to see that you found a working alternative. We wish you a pleasant day in Planet Calypso!

Kind regards,

Mine were resolved pretty quick as well... although I think I only have 3 such case; oh... I forgot to mention that all of them were related to depositing :laugh:.

i would give em 4/10 :(

I'm not satisfied most of the times , and i hate to see all those copy/pastes !

The times they actually helped
were few and it took so much time to get the info or action needed , that i already had the problems solved alone ...
by reading EF .. :laugh:

I'm not satisfied most of the times , and i hate to see all those copy/pastes !
How come so many gets these copy/paste answers so often, do you send thousands of support cases?
So thats why I almost never gets them, as I dont send so many myself.
Or are you so frustrated that you take it out on the support staff?
As I'm usually wait until I'm calm again before sending any so I can describe the problem without getting personal or abusive...

It's honestly real questions as I get real answers 9/10 times if not more, sure I gotten the standard copy/paste answers too sometimes.

They have their ups and down like everyone else..

Here's my personal favorite. Sorry for the long post. I did cut out some of it:
2009-10-23 11:45 You wrote:
Hi
Last time I was ingame I suddenly crashed with an out of memory error. I tried logging in again and got the same error. I tried shutting down all other applications and restarting my computer, but I still get the same error when logging in. I hear a bird scream 3 times and then the sound of ocean, before the OOM error appears.

I am running win xp 64bit and have 4 gb ram. I have never had any similar errors previously. Other games runs fine.

I attached a screenshot.
(The screenshot just showed the error, together with my current memory status in the windows task manager thingie)
By the time they replied to this case I already sorted it out myself by having a friend log in and move my avatar. However a couple of days later:
2009-10-25 07:27 You wrote:
Hi

I once again have the same issue described in case XXXXXXX. I teleported to new switzerland TP, and got a memory error. Now I can't log back in without getting it. See attached screenshot in case XXXXXXX for more info.

Please move my avatar elsewhere.

2009-10-26 08:14 You wrote:

It seems lowering graphic settings avoids the bug. At lowest settings I can log in fine.

2009-10-26 10:29 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

It could be that your internet connection times out when the graphical load is very high. You can try to make your connection less sensitive by lowering the connection setting in "options" in your client loader. We are happy to hear that you managed to log in.

Kind regards,

2009-10-26 20:56 You wrote:

What does my internet connection have to do with my RAM?

2009-10-27 09:15 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Pretty much nothing, however it has been shown in several cases recently that a high information load sometimes causes enough packet loss to mess up the connection to the server. This is not related to your RAM in any way.

Kind regards,

2009-10-27 10:41 You wrote:

So how is my connection related to the out of memory error I get and posted?

2009-10-31 19:54 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

We never said that your connection issues are related to your RAM. Your problem is probably related to factors described here: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;253912&x=9&y=10

Kind regards,

2009-11-01 12:31 You wrote:

Hi. Now I am confused. I never said anything about having connection issues. It was you that advised; "You can try to make your connection less sensitive by lowering the connection setting in "options" in your client loader", when I reported my out of RAM error.

My problem is easily reproducable as it happens every single time I teleport to New Switzerland TP using high graphics settings. Nowhere else, and never before last VU have I had this bug.

The article you referenced states this problem applies to;
* Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
* Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
* Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition
* Microsoft Windows 95

..while I am using win xp 64 bit. One of the recommended workarounds are "Reduce the amount of memory that is installed in your computer to 512 MB or less." which would put me at about 25% of the minimum requirement to run Entropia. Are you certain this is what you want to be recommending?

2009-11-02 08:49 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Yes, since that is often the case when it comes to these issues. This could indicate that the connection speed has been set too high on the client. Typically, there is a lot of data to receive when moving around or logging in to crowded or graphically complex areas.
If the client has a too high connection speed, it is more likely that packets will be dropped on its way to the client thus making our router resend them. Router will resend a packet after 3 seconds without response and a maximum of 20 times.

For now, we have relocated your avatar to another server.

Kind regards,

2009-11-02 14:18 You wrote:

So if I set my connection speed high my RAM will be overloaded? Or are you saying that the error message stating I am out of RAM is errornous and the real problem is with my connection?
I really still don't get it, but the first thing I tried after your initial reply was setting the connection speed to 56k, and it did absolutely nothing. Same crash, same place, time.

2009-11-02 14:28 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

If we are able to borrow your avatar for a few minutes we can try and logon with it from our side. If you allow this its important that the e-mail adress registered with this account is valid since we need to send you a link where you can retrieve your new password after we are done testing. This is to see if this is an server/account error or related to your client.

Kind regards,

2009-11-02 14:52 You wrote:

Hi
Of course.

And once again my main system specs are:
Win xp 64b
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3GHz
4.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512

2009-11-02 15:20 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

We sent a mail to you about retreiving a new password. We used the teleporter from New Switzerland to various other locations and then back to New Switzerland. We did this 6 times using High settings the first 3 times and Very High the next 3 times. Unfortunately we could not reproduce the problem, it worked as intended for us using this spec:

WinXP 32-bit
Core Quad CPU Q9550 2.83GHz
3.48 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285

As you said before, something in the last VU seem to have caused this for you. It is a sad advice to give but I think a reinstallation would be in order.

Kind regards,

2009-11-02 16:01 You wrote:

Hi

Thank you for trying, but please reenable my gold card ASAP

2009-11-02 16:20 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Your Gold Card has been activated.

Kind regards,
So to summarize:
Big + to support for not giving up and for having somewhat reasonable support times (<48 hours every reply)
Big + to support for taking the issue seriously and making effort trying logging in to my account trying to duplicate the error
Small + to support for in the end finding a solution that worked (reinstallation).
Small - to support for taking so long to recognize the problem (or maybe that was just me not getting it).
HUGE - to support for leaving my account vulnerable without a gold card after their testing.

HUGE - to support for leaving my account vulnerable without a gold card after their testing.
Did I miss something or whats with this??
sounds very vulnerable if they did it, and I hope they asked you before doing anything and that you had to prove it was your account and such

Did I miss something or whats with this??
sounds very vulnerable if they did it, and I hope they asked you before doing anything and that you had to prove it was your account and such

I have a gold card, but after I allowed MA to log into my account to test, it was no longer active (I noticed I was not prompted for it next time I logged in). I had to specifically ask MA to reactivate it (see the last two replies in my quotes). Luckily I was paying attention while they were testing and tried it just afterwards.

I have a gold card, but after I allowed MA to log into my account to test, it was no longer active (I noticed I was not prompted for it next time I logged in). I had to specifically ask MA to reactivate it (see the last two replies in my quotes).
Yeah I read the last part to see if I missed something so thanks for clearing it, and I'm glad nothing happened to your vulnerable account while unprotected.
And I understand your HUGE - to them as they should atleast tell you what they planning to do when doing something like this

Back