Sweat Price Ridiculous :(

If you plan to play without depositing, you obviously have very few options to get some peds at first. Most start sweating or search for natural stones (brukite, nissit, etc...). This is extremely time-consuming and boring as you probably know.

But nobody forces anyone to continue sweating or looking for stones for a whole year. As soon as you have a budget of let's say 10 ped, you should start looking for other opportunities to increase your budget at a faster pace. Starting to hunt for example is NOT one of them, it will most likely (99.99% chance) force you to start sweating again very soon.

So sweat till you have a few peds, and try to build up a network of people who regularly need things. A good step towards building a network is joining a soc. You could buy for example explosive ammo for tt from soc mates (I'm sure many would help you with that), and find a buyer for 101 or 101.5%. Your peds will still grow slowly, but definately faster compared to sweating.

I never deposited and only have 199 in my Sweat gathering skill;) Getting close to 200k skills now without ever having a real lucky loot, so there are ways to get peds without having to sweat.

To OP: Also remember that for some very odd reason, many people enjoy lying about the fact that they have deposited. It is a mystery and no one can say for sure why they do so.

I personally think there should be either no sweat or an extremely low cut off point in the ability to sweat.

If MA keeps it in the game it should be for only extremely new players to use it to get a taste of the game before they decide to either deposit or quit. Maybe they could have a "New Arrival Trade Terminal" where they could buy noobie equipment directly with sweat.

To OP: Also remember that for some very odd reason, many people enjoy lying about the fact that they have deposited. It is a mystery and no one can say for sure why they do so.
They are probably ashamed of having allow themselves to be taken for a ride, and perhaps still in denial.

I personally think there should be either no sweat or an extremely low cut off point in the ability to sweat.

If MA keeps it in the game it should be for only extremely new players to use it to get a taste of the game before they decide to either deposit or quit.

They tried that once. That's why we even have SG Skill - it was the cutoff meter when you were no longer allowed to sweat. Basically, it was the "deposit or piss off" gauge.

Maybe there was a reason they removed that limit...

Its still FREE MONEY out of pockets of depositors. Why should we deposit and pay your gaming if you are not willing to deposit?

FREE MONEY???.... time is worth NOTHING?? is that what your saying?? do you REALLY think that a sweater gets any form of quality GAMING?? Opinions like yours really piss me off.

If i'm right.. sweating covers a wide range within the game.. firstly as an introduction to EU, secondly as a way to reward those that can only really give their time to EU and not money (directly).. thirdly to provide the service required of anything that requires that use of sweat.

I have NEVER believed that depositors pay for sweaters.... willing or unwilling to deposit? or UNABLE?? maybe both maybe neither....either way, it's an important part of the game IMHO. Your view is very narrow and typical of ignorance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone else annoyed at the constantly lowering prices of sweat?.

How are newcomers supposed to get anywhere relatively soon (meaning in the first year of play), if people just buy 40000 ME for 4 ped?, completely bypassing the middleman.

I think ME 40000 units is 4 ped tt value, is equal 400 units before VU10, you do it refining mixed 400 sweat and 400 Nexus. Teleport chip lesser (I) burned 9 units ME before VU10, sure is burning 900 now for each tp jump.

So the amount ME a chip use is equal for 1 jump, so perhaps people not using teleport chip so much as before. Sweat price is related to nexus price and Mind Essence price, is other player is paying for the sweat, not Mindark. Is posible Mindark hit a little for sweat price is down when change wich mind essence use each different mindforce chip but is other player is paying for the sweat for refine mind essence.

Sorry for my bad english.

Greetings.

I don't know how some people actually play F2P, or maybe they are lying, I don't know, but playing off sweat seems insane with these prices. In 6 days I realized I had to make a choice, either waste my time for a couple of PED, or deposit and save myself that waste of time. The question is simple: would you rather spend countless hours for few PED, or just deposit and play? I mean, I would rather get a part time job than sweat, what I can get in one week will have saved me from months of sweating, if not years. In this game you pay for your entertainment.

I play this as if it was a monthly subscription MMO, the only difference is, sometimes I deposit more, or less, depends on my budget and my needs. If I play really eco, and do other things in game besides just hunting mining or crafting, I can live on $20 for a month. Besides, sweating is also a good place to socialize, and I tend to have the most random conversations at Neas and LD, but that's about it.:smoke:

I would like to know from people actually familiar with that level of playstyle how the new rookie gear affects the situation for new players.

I mean, is it possible to do an decent length hunt with rookie weapon from lets say 10 to 20 hours sweating?

If you plan to play without depositing, you obviously have very few options to get some peds at first. Most start sweating or search for natural stones (brukite, nissit, etc...). This is extremely time-consuming and boring as you probably know.

But nobody forces anyone to continue sweating or looking for stones for a whole year. As soon as you have a budget of let's say 10 ped, you should start looking for other opportunities to increase your budget at a faster pace. Starting to hunt for example is NOT one of them, it will most likely (99.99% chance) force you to start sweating again very soon.

So sweat till you have a few peds, and try to build up a network of people who regularly need things. A good step towards building a network is joining a soc. You could buy for example explosive ammo for tt from soc mates (I'm sure many would help you with that), and find a buyer for 101 or 101.5%. Your peds will still grow slowly, but definately faster compared to sweating.

I never deposited and only have 199 in my Sweat gathering skill;) Getting close to 200k skills now without ever having a real lucky loot, so there are ways to get peds without having to sweat.

Simple and very good advice. I know a lot of people who got going this way and are well skilled now. Doesn't even have to do with non depositing, some started to deposit later because they gained trust in the system by learning how it works as sweater and small scale traders.

Funny enough all those who started this way are still doing quite ok nowadays. Obviously because they learned about the magic of those "2 to 3%" and how small things add up. Doing things 2 to 3% better then "the average" is all it needs in EU to do ok.

In every environment where one needs common sense, endurance and discipline you will find people who can't accept their own shortcoming in those qualities and try to call other people who do manage liers, lucky, or whatever. It is no mystery why they do so: It is way easier then actually trying to improve.

Yes... I thought I could sweat my way to buying a Land Area... and then a Ferrari IRL.

How are newcomers supposed to get anywhere relatively soon (meaning in the first year of play), if people just buy 40000 ME for 4 ped?, completely bypassing the middleman.
Well... Newcommers could DEPOSIT $20/mth and quit whining because they can't get "FREE" money while the higher skilled are paying to play.

Sorry.... I hate sweat price whine threads. They're pointless. $10/U.S. will get a new player quite far and from my experience there's 2 main categories of sweat price whiners (for the most part)

A.) Those who are kids and mommy/daddy won't let them deposit with their credit card.
B.) Those who don't really have any money IRL and have fallen for the "Get paid to play Entropia" B.S.

Either way.... Entropia isn't the place for you if you expect to get anything out of this game for free.

Menace

Well... Newcommers could DEPOSIT $20/mth and quit whining because they can't get "FREE" money while the higher skilled are paying to play.

Either way.... Entropia isn't the place for you if you expect to get anything out of this game for free.

Menace

You are right, but I think the main issue is that it's easy for newbies to be lured in by advertising the game as "f2p".
Well, yes, it is. No one will force you to deposit, you can run around and do nothing forever and nobody will stop you.
I'm just saying I can understand why some people are frustrated. Given how different EU is from nearly all other MMORPGs you have to realize that a newcomer expects some sort of "trial" time. A grace period where they could check out what the game has to offer and then decide whether they like it or not.
Nowadays people have trouble selling their sweat even at 2 ped/k. Aside from the tiny introduction on the newbie island (that is Calypso specific, anyway. Next Island has nothing like it) there might not be any chance for many newcomers to even see what hunting/mining or crafting is all about.
Sure it's possible, some people fully expect a rough start and have no illusions, sweat for days and slowly work their way up before eventually depositing, but you have to agree with me that it's not really an optimal start for a newb. Sweating is anything but fun - and even less rewarding. There is a big chance the game loses many potential players in their first day or two, simply because they never got to see the cool stuff EU could offer.

Just keep that in mind. Working against newbies is not necessarily a good decision.

Vehicles
Synthetic ME
Auto Tool

The three main factors (I can think of) that crashed the sweat price.

Short of Mindark making sweat useful again, I'm afraid the price will remain very low.

:sweat:

sweat is worth what it is because of 2 things:
1. vehicles are relatively cheap to buy now and cost way less than TP chips, in terms of cost of usage vs. distance. TP chips used to be the only alternative to walking that's probably why sweat maintained its high value for so long till cars came out.

2. sweat cap was removed allowing for unlimited sweat to be gathered, and the sweat tool was introduced shortening the time it took to collect that sweat.

not sure if that second part of #2 is true or not i came in at the start of the SGA when sweating was removed for about 6 months to revamp it. the only thing you could do then was depo if you wanted to play durring those 6 months.

so @ OP count your blessings and stop whining about not being able to get free money, this game is sure as hell not "free to play"

if you want sweat to be worth more start thinking of new uses for sweat and submit your ideas to MA/SDS/whoever and maybe they will implement it one day and sweat price will go up again.

thats all i have to say :)

Vehicles
Synthetic ME
Auto Tool

The three main factors (I can think of) that crashed the sweat price.

Short of Mindark making sweat useful again, I'm afraid the price will remain very low.

:sweat:

you're forgetting the fourth factor... TOO MANY SWEATERS!

it was under 4 ped/k pre vu 10.0.... it spiked, then steadily started dropping again...

the easier it is, the more folks do it,,,

it's one of those things that's just bound to drop

I know quint very well, and know a bit of his gaming style.

I'm a bit insulted on his behalf that you'd use him as an example of folks lying

From when he was a noob, he has relied heavily on trading, taking advantage of market fluctuation, and gearing his gameplay towards profit making activities (looting/crafting/mining high mu stuff)....

It's not a perfect science, of course, but there are definitely ways to increase your odds.

FREE MONEY???.... time is worth NOTHING?? is that what your saying?? do you REALLY think that a sweater gets any form of quality GAMING?? Opinions like yours really piss me off.

If i'm right.. sweating covers a wide range within the game.. firstly as an introduction to EU, secondly as a way to reward those that can only really give their time to EU and not money (directly).. thirdly to provide the service required of anything that requires that use of sweat.

I have NEVER believed that depositors pay for sweaters.... willing or unwilling to deposit? or UNABLE?? maybe both maybe neither....either way, it's an important part of the game IMHO. Your view is very narrow and typical of ignorance.

Yeah, I think the same like Hellraizer.;)

The market for sweat is ridiculous considering how much time it takes to get enough to sell (and make a nice little lump sum).

Standing around in Twin Peaks with 7000 sweat, and I can't just let it go for 2.2 ped/k.

Mindark should fix what they started, and make ME cost/worth more and not make sweat worth less.

Then sweating would be worth it for everyone.

I Highly Agree, And HEres Why, They Give All the New players these Sweat MAchines Basicly to make you Deposit, Now i Depo Anyway Faithfully, But it Takes me at least an hour to get 100 Sweat, Who wants to Put ten Hours Into a game for 2.5ped MayBe.. Now i know theres alot of people like "Fuck You Find another game" Or "Get a Job You Poor BaSTARD" wELL i gota suggestion.. but i dare not to mention it Because my Accout Might Get Locked, due to The Politics of EU.. But this is a matter that can be player Controled, But would taKe more than one person to do it.. I Love this game, i Have a webpage Coming to Hopefully Draw in more Customers, But For What So u People Can tell them to Depo, ya well Fuck that, "Who The Fuck Are you People to Tell Anyone how to play a Game that MINDARK (MEANING THE MAKERS OF EU) Claim this to Be free, i just dont UNderstand how thats Possible.. I Completey agree SWEAT SHOULD ACTAULLY HAVE MORE VALUE and every true Player of EU KNows This, Some Days i play this and i feel like Entropians start to look like a CUlt, with some of the BS Replies Of " Dont like it Dont Play it" ya here it is again "Fck That".. Now i mean no Harm to Nobody and if u feel that way ILLL PERSONALY Say sorry in a brief Thread(YAAA OK:smoke:) But i dont see growth somedays... I See more of my Home State MOBSTER Government New JErsey, its a Mob State, My Gov is cutting School Funds to Help the rich stay Richer... Its lookin like that here in the EU sometimes, And because this is a place of choice to be, Its Hard to See Growth.. I cant Wait till Arkadia Comes out tho lol :yay:
So i got 21k Sweat and i aint sellin no lower than 4peds Better yet 10ped BiiiiOTCHess "Ooops Please dont lock my Acct" But it dont matter I Depo Anyway biweekly and a decent amount to(Been Saving up for land ;) ) But hey i wish the Best of luck to the Rooks, WWW.ItsILL.COM Coming Real Soon to the Real life and to "ENTROPIANS" Come and Watch the ILLest Shit ON the Net at my page and for ENtropians Add the AIM Listed on the LAunch date and communicate with I.T.Inc. For cheap events that will be recorded for EU ILLz Tv ( and im lookin for any EU Videos so Holla at me), ...You Know WHy Mofo's BECAUSE IT'S ILL DOT COM hahaha

supply and demand, I agree to many freeloaders/sweaters, not enough demand for the product they produce.

So I get ME for a price that is worth buying to me, if it was pre vu10 prices I would sweat myself for my ME.

Sweating to me is suppose to give a free glimpse/trial of what the game is and how it works, with new cheaper gear in the TT and puny mobs, no need for higher sweat prices. Punys get old, deposit and try something else.

Sweat price still good enough to get a constant 100%+ return while swunting punys. As long as this is the case, it's ok for me. I allready got 800+ PED now in goods and cash through this.

The market for sweat is ridiculous considering how much time it takes to get enough to sell (and make a nice little lump sum).

Standing around in Twin Peaks with 7000 sweat, and I can't just let it go for 2.2 ped/k.

Mindark should fix what they started, and make ME cost/worth more and not make sweat worth less.

Then sweating would be worth it for everyone.

Didn't read this whole thread but if your new (less than 1 month in game) I will buy all your sweat at a fair price 4 peds or so per k would be fair I guess. i don't hang around cities with many new people but i never have a problem offering some help to new people.

pm me or reply to post and lets meet up.

kosmos

ps after reading the thread i would say things like sweat being in bps such as like what rocktropia does seems good to me or make a new form of fuel needing oil+sweat for our new space age we going in?

Last edited:
MA not need nodepositors and do low price for sweat.
MA not need non-depositing players?
I remember time - much ppl online, hude locals
Now locals is not so big, if no much ppl in game - depositers i think not got much fun too
I not understand why MA this doing? Who can deposit - depositing and who can't - not depositing.

All MA is need to get mere players - get bigger sweet prices.
Just add sweat needed to: craft and venicles-fuel.
If needed craft something or using venicles - put sweat
Sweat prices be go little up
So non depositors can sweat to sell that sweat and little hunting or mining and depositors just deposit and buy that they want

But why MA not do that?

Now depositing is just spend money about 10 usd/hour (in less creatures killing missions)
If u using armors, amplifiers, powerful guns and mining tools that price is increased

My first (and last) global is 177 PED Lysterium Stone 5/15/2009
For all game played years i not get more what 177 ped ^)
So why i need spend my money with speed of 10 usd per hour?
I understand if player have payments to spend 80-100 usd per day to play all day
But i think not so much ppl have thats payments

Sweat price still good enough to get a constant 100%+ return while swunting punys. As long as this is the case, it's ok for me. I allready got 800+ PED now in goods and cash through this.

Awesome! Well done! :cool:

Here is an idea. Everyone can stop sweating and selling their sweat so that way there is no more sweat in the market. In the meantime you can deposit to play and when the economy tanks from lack of sweat you can sell again. Just a suggestion though, it'll rock bottom sweat prices again once you reintroduce the stuff but hey it's a demand and supply issue here. There is way too much of it so there is not much demand for it.

~Danimal

If you always do what you've always done you will always get what you always got... One of the definitions of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

:wise:

Wrong. Ever heard of statistics? The end result has indeed an average result, if performed each time in the same exact conditions, but each assay has a possibility to be different.. slightly.. or even extremely (though it happens less frequently).

So by the definition, every scientist is insane :).

PS: ok, this may be considered out of context :D... or not (well, ya see, single sells may go extremely good once in a while, though in average remain a crap)

What is sweat used for? Mind Essence.
What is Mind Essence used for ? Mainly Teleportation.
Who is teleporting? Oil Rig Campers who got killed while camping rig. Elite Hunters who got crited too much and want to return to their mob. Rich people who dont like to fly or drive.
How much do those like to pay for Teleportation? Not too much, but they need Teleportation in order to succeed in what they are doing.
Why arent they paying more then? Because theres too much of ME around compared to what they need.
Why arent we decreasing the amount of ME around then? Because we cant control other people and force em to hold back.
What can we do to increase the price then? Be a person who needs ME.

No..........

Agreed! :lolup:

@Laradon~
There is room for making peds on mind essence you just have to know where and how to market it. Like for example before Planet Arkadia came out ME was 130% (around about price) now it is at 150% and climbing. This is due to the fact that people are eating it up teleporting all over the place. Just stop selling sweat and deposit till the Mind Essence runs out and then sell again.

There are also plenty of other threads exactly like this one you could've posted into instead of creating a new topic for the same topic..

~Danimal

Screenie of skill totals please

Yeah, please use more TP chip than driving the dune buggy. Thank you. :yup:

Someone please tell me why I should not consider Sweating to be fun. :confused:

How easy is it to sell sweat and where is the best location to try and sell it? If I had 1k of sweat and was satisfied with selling it for 2 Ped how long would it take me to find a buyer on average?

Heck, I had a massive long text that I wanted to post about sweat prices back then and now, fun in EU and pretty much everything... but in the end I had a though and I made a simple conclusion:

This "Game" has lost it touch it had several years ago
swiftly -rep me if you think otherwise

So Im sorry but you better just deposit or play something else.. dont sweat if you see making a dime out of it, you will die (just like the guy " Will dance for PEDs" in old hadesheim)
Yeah i know it sounds tough but damn, dont just do it if you arent having fun doing it (swunt can be fun) since FUN can prolong pretty much every work you are doing.. and you cant have FUN everytime doh!

and try to compare: you are picking 1 piece of sand per sec with tweezers, stacking it in your bag and then wanting to sell it, just near a mountain of sand that whole world has for someone else to be sold.. theres just too much of it now

on a side note, you could try looking for stones and fruits;)

Back