Sweat Price Ridiculous :(

How easy is it to sell sweat and where is the best location to try and sell it? If I had 1k of sweat and was satisfied with selling it for 2 Ped how long would it take me to find a buyer on average?

You dont appear to have had an answer. I think it is "5 minutes". :)

Even though people are saying that sweat shouldnt be raised in price. i still think it should. just because you rich people say that "YOU" should deposit and buy them for higher, that makes no sense at all. if the person who wanted peds deposited for the peds that they wanted from selling sweat then why would they go and buy the sweat that they cant sell for higher prices for higher prices? just makes no sense at all.:bs:

Even though people are saying that sweat shouldnt be raised in price. i still think it should. just because you rich people say that "YOU" should deposit and buy them for higher, that makes no sense at all. if the person who wanted peds deposited for the peds that they wanted from selling sweat then why would they go and buy the sweat that they cant sell for higher prices for higher prices? just makes no sense at all.:bs:
No problem here, just go to twin/PA/Nea's/Limnadian/wherever and shout buying sweat for 5PED/k - buy for that price and sweat price raised. No one holds you back to do that.

Sweat price still good enough to get a constant 100%+ return while swunting punys. As long as this is the case, it's ok for me. I allready got 800+ PED now in goods and cash through this.

Nice job!

I sweated and sweat/killed until I had over 1000 ped TT before I ever deposited. It took a long while. If people don't want to depot they can just sweat until they have 100 - 200 ped, buy at Twin and resell on auction and keep sweating until their stuff sells. Rinse, repeat.... It's easy but takes a long time to profit in EU without depositing.

When I started, sweat was selling for 2.1 per k but we only got 1 - 3 per successful pull and sweating was capped at 125 SG. It dropped to 1.2 and then .5 and now I don't know (don't care) what the price is. I stopped with SG at 2237.

I didn't depot simply because I wanted the challenge although I have deposited a few times since then.

But between electricity cost and keyboard wear I think most people would be much better off getting a part time job at McDonald's and depositing what they earn....much better off.

CO

Yes and it should be hard to profit without depositing. When everyone can play without depositing, well where should the money come from for the companies running the game.
I understand there are people who don't want to deposit for the challenge and some who can't depo for whatever reason - I'm fine with that and have many examples of decent people in my soc who did it and still do.

But it should not be easy - with current price of sweat it is still possible to profit and give either a short insight into the game for evaluation purposes or with some hard work a base for the few dedicated who still manage it to build up decent gameplay and a ingame fortune.

And all who are already complaining about sweat prices and lack of free-play without finding the still available opportunities would not be able to build up gameplay when sweat price would be 10PED/k. No offense, it is the truth. History tells us. I see a lot of comments from people who tried the game in former times and moaning about the game because all is to difficult to play for free because everything decays and bla. They tried in times where sweat price was well above 5k and failed.

So sweat imho fullfills it's job perfectly. Evaluate and pay OR be smart and dedicated, but put a lot of work into the system. Either way, both types of players have my respect except those type of --- noone buys my sweeeeeeets, this game soaacks so big balls -- guys you meet almost every week in game.

Last edited:
I don't sell my sweat anymore. Just throw it into storage and enjoy the free skills.

Not worth the effort to sell it in my opinion atm. Maybe it will change, maybe not. I still get the skills so I am happy.

exactly the point. It makes about as much sense as trying to sell something you got for free for a hell of a lot more than you paid for it.

Why are you asking others to pay more than what you are willing to pay?... You can and do control your own actions and wallet. You cannot and should not attempt to control the actions and wallets of others, which is exactly what threads like this attempt to do. Yes, it is fun to play with other people's money, but if they didn't hire you to do that, you shouldn't be telling them how to spend their time or money. If they want to pay 5 ped per k, they'll make the offer. Threads like this just make more of those that would normally make that offer less likely to do so in the future.

I vote for the price of sweat to drop to 99pec, tht way i will be able to TP even more.
a few pec less wont hurt either:wise:

Like mastermesh said, this is a real cash economy. You can't expect free & easy PED. In all honesty, sweating is an agreed upon 'tax' on the economy. Its sole intent is to bring in new players and give them something to do at first to get them acquainted with the interface and game. Most players will sweat at least for a few days. Most people with money will start depositing within a week or two. The others will either quit or keep sweating for whatever reason, giving future new players somebody to form a team with. It's not a great scheme. I can imagine more detailed possibilties that would keep players more interested. Basically, it would spread out the peds in more varied activities (not just sweating). But that would require $$$. Before MA embarks on something like that, they'd need a consultant to tell them it'd be profitable in the long run.

If you want to make money (read: PED) then get a RL job. That will get you mucho PEDs and probably good health (if you otherwise would be sitting in your room all day). Otherwise, stop complaining.

(don't turn around and say i'm rich.. i'm a sweater too. i just think sweaters got priorities wrong.)

Last edited:
Maybe welding wires will push the price up a bit, as sweat is needed to craft it and because a material is now needed to repair vehicles, people may use them less and start using TP chips more.

I'm always happy to buy sweat at 5PED/K.

Long storry short...just save the money spent on electricity bill while sweating and deposit in to the game....in less than 1 year you will came with preety nice starting money pit :girl:

Long storry short...just save the money spent on electricity bill while sweating and deposit in to the game....in less than 1 year you will came with preety nice starting money pit :girl:

Haha, nice! :D Also, don't underestimate the bill for the snacks eaten while sweating! ;)

Maybe welding wires will push the price up a bit, as sweat is needed to craft it and because a material is now needed to repair vehicles, people may use them less and start using TP chips more.

Really? Still? I've got a lot of sweat for you...

About time someone made a thread regarding the sweat prices again. :yay:

HTML:
Standing around in Twin Peaks with 7000 sweat, and I can't just let it go for 2.2 ped/k.
The idea of sweating is to give a newcomer an introduction to the game, something to do for the first couple of hours just to get used to the controls. Now there are also a few missions for new players to try their hand at. If you have managed to gather 7000 sweat I would suggest that you are ready to move on and do something else in the game, unless, of course, you enjoy sweating, in which case keep at it.

I'm hoping that they do more things like this to increase sweat demand. I've seen it selling around 2.6-2.8 lately. What has everyone else seen?

I found rocks today for free and no one will buy them, THIS IS Ridiculous you know my rocks are worth good money.

I have TT'd around 400k sweat over 3 years :yay:

its all a matter of suply and demand.

1k sweat use to be 10 ped. but times where different back then.

its all a matter of suply and demand.

1k sweat use to be 10 ped. but times where different back then.

Yep.

I don't know when they changed it so that most MF chips no longer use regular ME, but that probably contributed heavily to the decline of the market. I personally think it was a horrible decision for the game economy. But it is what it is...

Entropia was never meant to be for everyone. It never was and never will be something for the "average gamer." That's pretty much what keeps me coming back.

Yep.

I don't know when they changed it so that most MF chips no longer use regular ME, but that probably contributed heavily to the decline of the market. I personally think it was a horrible decision for the game economy. But it is what it is...

Entropia was never meant to be for everyone. It never was and never will be something for the "average gamer." That's pretty much what keeps me coming back.

When all those chips used sweat ME, they were ridiculously uneco due to the markup. I and I would assume many others didn't use them since it would be the same as flushing money down the toilet. Now these chips use tt ME they are a viable option to hunt with. So, I am pretty sure the usage now is far far greater than the usage b4 resulting in hardly any decline in the sweat market from it. This is probably already outweighed by the need for sweat in these new BPs like welding wires.

Otherwise, stop complaining

(don't turn around and say i'm rich.. i'm a sweater too. i just think sweaters got priorities wrong.)

....sweaters need a deal , however paying players priorities are not always those of sweaters....chalk n cheese.

Sweating is Smurfy

I have profession level 23 (about 2700 points) in sweat gather skill. people sometimes will see me trying to sell my 200k stack of sweat for 600ped :) I have had a few offers anywhere from 350-450 but at current market rates no one will meet my price, which of course is about half what it was worth when I fist started sweating.

I started sweating about 2 years ago, and I still sweat regularly today. My style has changed, I no longer herd sweat at nea's (or what ever district they moved to) as the IMO the sweat is a bonus not the reason to do it...if you sweat for sweat, your wasting your effort...I sweat for skills, I sweat because I can do it window mode, right now as we speak :wtg: when I multitask, its one of the two things I can do in EU, crafting being the other.

I would hate to see the sweat function leave the game..I would love to see sweat required for a useful BP at significant quantities per click. Its a start that it is part of BPs at all, (thank you MA, just need tweaking now).

the world is dyanamic I still hope to wake up to find my 200k sweat worth 10ped per k (Like they say it used to be) :eyecrazy: but until then i will just keep collecting it, storing it, and dreaming about what it could be worth...while I keep my eye on my skills chip out value :)

Think outside the box, have a smurfy day.

I have profession level 23 .... the box, have a smurfy day.

Good on you mate, +rep, that's a good way to think about it - always be optimistic and not worry too much about it. Sweating for skills is one of the best ways to go, and the fact that you can do it in window mode is nice too.

I liked sweating tbh - whenever I wanted to chat with my soc mates or have a chill, I would do some sweating and meet some new people.

Overall though? Unless new BPs drop, MF chips drop or other uses for sweat is found, sweating will continue to be a 'profession' that does not yield much - but I do not think it should either - It should be a stepping stone. Use your sweat to start trading, provide another service for people, or just use it to get a little more ammo or do some repairs. Don't try and base your life in EU around it.

Richard Frankenberry Adams

p.s. I'm coming back to EU soon, it's been nearly 2 years I think! Studying needs to come first :)

p.p.s. You guys miss me? :p

the world is dyanamic I still hope to wake up to find my 200k sweat worth 10ped per k (Like they say it used to be) :eyecrazy: but until then i will just keep collecting it, storing it, and dreaming about what it could be worth...while I keep my eye on my skills chip out value :)

Think outside the box, have a smurfy day.

Hehe, back in my days of sweat trading I was called a noob scammer for offering 1.4 pec / PIECE of sweat (that is 14 PED per k at nowdays price). They demanded I offer 1.6 pec :laugh:

- sweat was priced per piece, not per 1k back then
- you could easily get 1.5 pec / piece, or as said 1.4 pec / piece from me instantly
- 1k sweat would buy you opalo and 12 ped ammo
- another 2k would buy you fully repaired A104* (which fit the forementioned opallo at that time making it uber eco weapon)
- another 1k would buy you a full pixle armor :D and you were moreless ready to go hunt some trox :wtg: (young trox had 1/10 HP as they have today so it wasnt that hard)

Plus, you didnt spam "per k" price but:

* buying sweat 1.4 @ E wall

Im still getting used to this "per k" price, but at 2 PED / k it means piece costs .2 PEC

I.

A101, A102, A103, A104 were TT fodder back then because every loot of 50 PED or more contained one :D

P.P.S

CRAP I BUMPED REALLY OLD POST

Last edited:
Its still FREE MONEY out of pockets of depositors. Why should we deposit and pay your gaming if you are not willing to deposit?

There is nothing free about that money. If you spend an hour sweating, then it is money costing you an hour. There should be more uses for the no-tt stuff like sweat.

PS: Damn, me too....

Last edited:
Yes Sweat price is really too low..
But i remember my times..When it was same 2 ped per k.. and i was resseling 50-100k each day.. After i got some hundreds of peds and started other trading..
PS To not depositers:Sweating is hard working on good future.
Also im not depositer.

There is nothing free about that money. If you spend an hour sweating, then it is money costing you an hour. There should be more uses for the no-tt stuff like sweat.

PS: Damn, me too....

Well, then it is only an issue of supply and demand, and problem solved, everybody happy, and this thread has no reason to exist. :D

Back