Sweat too cheap! Fruit/Dung Collectng sucks > New kind of sweat!

Most ppl I know from beginning are still playing and they made a life in here...
because of sweat?

well, this comparing is a bit weird
since you say you play since 3 years, there had been a sweat cap at level 110 or so
thats overall about 20 000-30 000 sweat, since the max was 5 i think, lets say about 200-300 ped
that can be archieved at the current price too, and with the current max sweat of 22 most likely much faster (i sweated too, it took about 2-3 months to get to the cap i think)
now you can sweat longer, and you should be able to reach to 300 ped too
maybe we should make a little test, non stop sweating for 2 months and see how much sweat we get
when those ppl you are telling about made a fortune with sweating, they will most likely have had more than one ava
just that fact shows that the whole sweat situation was kinda the same before the removing of the cap
if you had the patience you simply made a new ava, what isnt necessary anymore, that was unfair to any joining newbie already, but i guess that the amount of sweater% didn't change that much
before you made a new ava, now you simply sweat with the real one
imo the cash per hour is higher nowadays
you also get more sweat faster, that is a positve effect
it took ages to get 1k in the past, now it is far faster, maybe 1 day?
the situation is quite ok atm
im not happy that all the newbies quit, i am mentoring too, and i know that
but i think they had quitted anyway
some sweaters become or may become depositers (like me, although i have pretty tough borders here), but this amount won't really be increased much by a higher sweat price
there are 3 types of persons
the "i dont deposit at all", if they have the patience and time, they will stay, most likely with a bit lower sweat price too, since they are patient
"i might deposit if i like the game"
those will sweat, but may quit with low prices
or might deposit earlier to leave the sweating stage
"i deposit for sure"
don't care really about the sweat price unless they skill MF and for those its good (i know ppl too)

i really doubt that 2.0 would increase the amount of staying newbies

They made up in different ways but no deposits so far.

I came back from a long holliday 2 weeks ago and sweated hours every day. Now I'm at almost 8k sweat.. Sounds much? Thought wrong! Thats hardly 72 peds and I guess you know that this isn't much in PE if you use higher weapons than TT... Two weeks sweating for maybe 2 days fun with TT fists.. I deposited 400 peds once but they went within 1 week crafting. I know once you really start to cash in you get used to high guns and other expensive toys...

crafting is a very expensive profession, and sweaters shouldn't craft, that wouldnt work

you bought 4000 ped ($400USD) and then you wasted it crafting?

...and you say you've been playing this game for 3 years?

you should have known that to make an initial crafting attempt, in ernest, you'd likely need five to six times that amount in resources. a decent starting run is 5K attempts (5K ingots lysterium and 5K oil) with a QR100 dampers print.

with 4K ped, what I would have did was made an initial mining attempt. that amount of ped would make for a good start. if I was selective about what to look for and what I was going to do, I might have the start of a nice little business.

At the end it wont matter how many PEDs you burn in one run... Even many little runs bring skills.
I didn't deposit 4k PEDs... it was 400.

Cost me about 2k peds the whole thing so far so im making a break from it.

Ah sweat pistol would be nice :p

10 newb with a sweatpistol doin 0.5 dmg each would be fun :p

The pains of a real-world economy

In the end, it all boils down to one thing, which is one of MA's marketing points for this game:

EU is based on a real-world economy.

That means supply and demand is in effect. If there's more sweat out there, it goes for less money. If there's a lot of new non-depositing players out there, it makes sweat more available on the market.

As far as MA directly doing something to change that, keep in mind that anything that is done to make the noobs' life easier also makes the ubers into demigods. You want more money for sweat? Then those with very high sweating skills can make more money, and the economy is still out of wack. You want skilling to be easier, so you can aspire to being an uber in less time? Then it becomes easier for the ubers to become uberer.

Yes, I just said "uberer" ;)

If the economy is going in a direction you don't like, ask yourself if there's another perspective you can use. Sweat is too cheap now, you say? What's the up side? Maybe you could learn to mine for Force Nexus, buy some cheap sweat, and make Mind Essence to sell to Psychotropians. Oh, the price is falling because demand for ME has fallen? Then maybe you could become an ME consumer--prices are cheap!

Unfortunately, a Real-World Economy is just that--not some sort of escapist realm where everyone one has money to burn. That means those with money (either by having more efficient skills or by having some RL money to spend) have an advantage.

If you don't have that advantage, you can have hunger instead. Hunger can either drive you to greater heights, or it can make you weak and despondent.

I hope that it motivates you, and that I see you dining on prime rib a year from now ;)

--Dauntain

First off, no offense, but use the search function before you post. I guess this is this week's version of this whinefest. Yet another dead horse thats been beaten so much you can't tell it's a horse anymore.

Sweat is free money. I do not care if you had to play to get it, if it took you hours, months, or years. Sweating is NOT "hard work" and it is not "earned". Sweating is basically begging only you are begging mobs and not people. Sweating comes from "boring play" not "hard work". This is a game, you do not work, you play. Now ND works but that is different this is his livelihood. If you don't like it deposit.

Normally I am a very nice calm level headed person with the occasional blow up but honestly I am VERY tired of reading this thread.

I do not understand why you people feel you are "entitled" to all the same things that those of us who have deposited thousands upon thousands of USD are entitled to.

This is a virtual universe. As in RL not everyone gets fair shake. Some will be able to deposit some will not. Some will have a 100k PED pistol some will not. Deal with it. Personally I do not want MA giving you or any other player too much free money for sweating because all that will do is allow exploiters to come in with scripts and slowly bleed MA dry. Honestly, MA with the lack of customer service is not my favorite but I do not want them gone I want them better and constant sweathogs just bleed them dry.

Try making a deposit. Honestly your sweat is not worth what you feel it is worth. It is worth what I feel it is worth or any other person who buys it for that matter. And tbh, it really has very little to do with ME usage it has much much more to do with the removal of the sweat cap and the significant increase of nexus spawns. The increase in nexus spawns has made people find it more which in turn has made people go out and sweat more to make ME to use. I know plenty of high level players who use just as much ME as before if not more due to the price decrease the trick is now they can go out and build evade and sweat themselves because there is no cap.

Anyway GL to you.

Agreed. Entropia is a RL economy. Life is not fair. quote: "some of us have it and some of us don't. some of us will and some just won't" by: i have absolutely no clue.;really.

This is a chance to play the market without losing your shirt; a chance for some extra profit each month. But sweating is hard work geared towards deposit. (which i plan on doing,..eventually)

all i can really say is this: Have Fun, Kick azz, Make Money!!!

Wizlawz Rvl Rvlxnx

Last edited:
I am a noob, I have never deposited and I want to share my perspective.

I have no problem with the price of sweat. Sweat is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I am playing the game for free, who am I to complain about the price of sweat.

I understand this thread wasn't written to discuss the price of sweat, you are trying to add a new type of sweat. Either way you are trying to make it easier for non-depositers to make money. Why should it be easy for them when other people are depositing to play. I don't understand why someone who has been playing for 3 years would complain about noobs not being able to make more free money. The more free money I can make, the less all the depositers can get.

I am so sick of hearing people telling me what the price of sweat SHOULD be. I don't care what you think it is worth unless you are buying at that price. I'll say it again: Sweat is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Anyone not depositing should stop complaining and suck it up. You are playing for free. And I say this as a non-depositer.

If you want to make it easier for noobs to earn free PEDs, then pay 2 pecs for sweat. I sure all the noobs would be thrilled. I will sell to you at that price.

I want to add for those of you who dislike non-depositers: I haven't deposited because I like the challenge of playing for free, someday I will probably get tired of sweating and deposit.

i dont think MA is ever gonna give sweat a TT value

but the other stuff you came up with :

I would all of you suggest to demand a new kind of sweat besides the one everyone of us knows. Name doesn't matter now. It should have more functions than just making ME, for example as material in crafting or maybe even some kind of healing drink.

thats a great idea :)

Someone suggested fishing as a noob activity in another thread(can't remember who) and I did some thinking about it and the fish could be used to feed certain pets that could attack other mobs. But this might make MA loss money because of the lack of weapon and armor decay. But this is just an idea and ideas can be added to.

i dont think MA is ever gonna give sweat a TT value

actually, they have,

you just need to have a considerable amount to notice. when you do, it really make one consider just how much a bottle of sweat is worth.

I'm sure MA analyzes the market prices on several things including sweat, and if they think that its causing too many noob turnovers then i'm sure they will make adjustments. The hard part is the balancing act, if sweat becomes a pricy commodity then everyone plays for free, at the expense of the depositors. The only question i pose is this : If sweating was easy, and profitable, then why would anyone deposit?

I think the fishing would be just as boring lol - cant remember the game I played so long ago skinning rats. As far as I can see sweating is just something you got to do until you get so fed up with it you deposit:). Your just not going to make money for free here. Even the guy who bought the mall is taking a risk- a big one. The one who owns the club, NeverDie surely spends hours upon hours both online and off working on his business here. I'd love to know the last time he sweated a mob.
Maybe my views on this are way off the mark but I don't feel that as a player I am owed anything other than a stable server here, and the assurance that my crap is here when I log back in. The rest is up to me.
I see ppl still saying money is made off decay, it may be indirect, no money is made. You spend on decay or you throw the PED in the lake its the same. The only money made is when you deposit. The only money players make is selling something or killing something,sweating something. doing something.
I wander around and I see so many empty shops, a "capitol city" that is a ghost town. I try to think of more ways to make it fun, and to bring more ppl in the game, without complaining.
Im sure someone has brought up some kind of premium edition of entropia - maybe pay 20 bucks get the CD, a few ped and different clothes to start off with? But that would be a flash in the pan at best.
But increased interaction and a greater sense of community would be real nice. If mindark would do what ever I say (look in to my eyes MA... you are getting sleepy...sleepy:) I would say add some plot line. Crank up that vaguely mentioned robot army that wants to wipe us all out. Would you run to PA's aid if it was getting sacked by robots? Would the party goers rally together at the NeverDie new years bash if a few aliens decided to crash the party? I think it would bring a whole new meaning to the soc that we have now. The entropia rescue team ive seen in here would have a whole new meaning.
public service...........hmmmmmmmmm. "Enlist in the Entropia defense force today, learn a skill while you make money for college" lol. after 20 years in the EDF you get a pension and an acre of land lol.
Sorry im not trying to hijack the thread I just think there are other ways to make this a more interesting place than sweat.
Sweat isn't going to change, price goes up, price goes down.
Content and a feeling of belonging brings ppl in - Would you play a game like PE set in the Half-life universe?
EF Breaking news story: "This is Pinky, live at the twin peaks mall where Combine forces attacked this morning" "Players gathered to push the Combine back into the dead zone, Kaiser and Angel D HOf'ed on a team of Combine Special forces.....more at 11."
....See you later, im going to go daydream about it while i sweat, and stop rambling.

Someone suggested fishing as a noob activity in another thread(can't remember who) and I did some thinking about it and the fish could be used to feed certain pets that could attack other mobs. But this might make MA loss money because of the lack of weapon and armor decay. But this is just an idea and ideas can be added to.

I think that may have been me..... and if you have ever played Age of Empires you will have an idea how fishing can require tools to improve? Fishing with no tools (tickling trout style) wouldn't be a big earner, but using that income to buy a cheap net (which would decay) or other tools like bigger nets and bait....making fishing a low level profession between hunting and sweating in esence? Cheap to start for newbies and more fun than sweating?

I think that just as miners build up hunting skills and buy armour for protection while working, so would fishermen. The locations for fishing would help new players with low or no armour or guns....they can simply drown mobs until they get some.

I think most folk play a while before deciding to quit or deposit....and the more time we have invested in the game the less likely we are to quit. Maybe something interesting and worthwhile would help with that?

No way most people will stay active and not ever deposit...so in the long run it would probably help MA and improve the game for us all IMHO....or maybe I'm just daft :rolleyes: :laugh:

t
PS
Would you run to PA's aid if it was getting sacked by robots?

No, it's too laggy. There would be little point. Any n00bs at the point it happened would be wasted and defenceless....and probably think it was normal, and quit.

An expedition to wherever the robots were landing where it wouldn't lag would be a good idea if a little warning was given though. Time to raise a small army and fight a battle etc.? The storyline in general could be used to good effect without much work to improve gameplay, that is very true. Hopefull they will take notice of suggestions like these and impliment some of them one day.

Last edited:
Sweat Pistol!!!!!

Ah sweat pistol would be nice :p

10 newb with a sweatpistol doin 0.5 dmg each would be fun :p

:lolup: You must have been stoned to think up that one! :kos:
I've been skimming through this whole thread and this made me stop and laugh!!!! I can totally picture a bunch a orangy newbies running around with sweat pistols trying to chase down an exar! I love it! I'd do it :laugh:

Back