FYI: Taming: the waiting...

Status
We all know that everything takes time, personally I think that this has taken too long for almost 3 years. The bad thing of it all is that MA promises all the time that it will next year. It is well time for Kim to say why they do so ----> constantly promise.

Yep, badly mismanaged expectations si the worst offense a business can commit. If they actually told me 3 years ago it would take 3 years for them to implement this, no problem I would review this and act accoridingly. It is the constant lies, misinformation, willful negligence and complete disregard of the player demands that makes this such a terribly ugly fuckup, not the fact that it took them 3 years.

Yep, badly mismanaged expectations si the worst offense a business can commit. If they actually told me 3 years ago it would take 3 years for them to implement this, no problem I would review this and act accoridingly.

No problem?!?!?

Three years to change/edit/adjust a gaming system ALREADY IN PLACE is beyond acceptable.

Imagine if they had stated, "We plan to revise MINING (or insert whatever else here) and bring it back in approximately three years..."

Yep they have been taking the piss for way to long, full on cryo games are made faster than this one missing feature.

People say there isn't many tamers, i bet there are far more tamers than hangar owners and many of us paid a substantial amount towards getting there.

Some players had shops devoted to pets and pet equipment and were actively using them yet you could have a hangar and never of even used it to fly anyone anywhere and got a nice income whil ethey were gone, it's all very very wrong.

3 years to re-develop Taming! OMFG! Thats the same development time as a whole planet....didn't Arkadia and Cyrene take 3 years each?
So MA has a big problem. They either deliver such a kick ass new Taming system, that it turns the whole game upside down, or they will be the laughing stock of the gaming world for taking 3 years to re-develop and old system.
This new Taming system must at a minimum have the following;
1. The ability to Tame any creature on any planet depending on your level and skills
2. The pet can be used in PvP fights against other pets or players
3. The ability to ride or fly on your pet must be introduced
4. The ability for your pet to get skills and HP depending on what you do with it

This system must not be just, tame a pet so you can advertise shit, it must be awesome after 3 years! I for one certainly hope Taming as a system is so fuck off amazing I will bankrupt myself depositing! Amen

just a few more ideas :D

5. The ability to collect your loot
6. pets are able to increase in level(not just 3 senseless lvl)
7. passive skills like increased (attack/movement) speed/HA/CritHA/Higher Skillgain/increased HP
8. active skills like healing/one attack per mob
9. carry your stuff (maybe equiped with backpacks, or whatever)
10. missions with pet/ pet profession content

.... so many possibilities ;)

Yep the minimum acceptable level of taming reintor is items 1-10 above, which btw I think are very well described, and a meaningful gear compensation to tamers armor / weapon type not L and not shit.

In a normal world with a company that understands a tiny little bit about customer retention the above would be a given.

With MA: 90% chance they will not put in even half of the features, 99% chance they will badly fuck up the implementation and of course 99.999% chance they will totally fuclk the tamers by just forgetting about compensation and pretending all is cool and not to understand what the fuss is about.

3 years to re-develop Taming! OMFG! Thats the same development time as a whole planet....didn't Arkadia and Cyrene take 3 years each?
So MA has a big problem. They either deliver such a kick ass new Taming system, that it turns the whole game upside down, or they will be the laughing stock of the gaming world for taking 3 years to re-develop and old system.
This new Taming system must at a minimum have the following;
1. The ability to Tame any creature on any planet depending on your level and skills
2. The pet can be used in PvP fights against other pets or players
3. The ability to ride or fly on your pet must be introduced
4. The ability for your pet to get skills and HP depending on what you do with it

This system must not be just, tame a pet so you can advertise shit, it must be awesome after 3 years! I for one certainly hope Taming as a system is so fuck off amazing I will bankrupt myself depositing! Amen

interesting ideas... it better be even better than that... Think Chocobos and summoning in Final Fantasy.

TenSixtyFour

1 0 6 4 days

Disgusting how long us tamers have been left in the cold.

shame on you MindArk.

Yep disgusting, unprofessional, arguably illegal...and judging by the fact that not a single asshole from mindark bothered to utter a peep about this going to continue indefinitely. Make your own conclusions as to whether it is worth to continue playing the game run by people who treat you like shit and are very open about it.

Yes but atleast Kim has the time for a poll about vehicles in pvp for the measly amount of people who give a shit about pk in pvp4.

And that new gateway we got pics of many months ago must be one hell of a place by now.

Muppets got no idea what they are doing.

1088 days

The Rebellion of 1088 occurred after the death of William the Conqueror and concerned the division of lands in the Kingdom of England and the Duchy of Normandy between his two sons William Rufus and Robert Curthose. Hostilities lasted from 3 to 6 months starting around Easter of 1088.

coincidence :)

My guess to why it's take so long time is that they really want to make it different and more useful, maybe make us able to ride the mobs. If not, i can't understand why it take so long time. They probably prioritized space development, instances and the new avatar system that are on it's way. I really hope that when they bring it back it's not only the old system with minor changes, because the old system was pointless.

Dahui Zonggao (1089–1163) was a 12th century Chinese Chan (Zen) master. Dahui was a disciple of Yuanwu Keqin (1063–1135) and was the 12th generation of the Linji line of Chan. He was the dominant figure of the Linji school during the Song.

:cool:

I'm starting to lose faith.

Don't lose the faith, taming will likely come. The problem is by the time it comes those of us who were enthusiastic and waiting for it no longer will give a shit, after you get fucked too hard too long eventually you stop caring.

Another MA milestone achievement after making some of the longest playing dedicated gamers quit will be making the tamers give up.

with my 178 pets in storage I'm hoping for a big return of taming, or a big compensation deal if it gets that far :eyecrazy:

They havent done a thing with taming you can bet on it.

All of them thru the years who lied to us to keep us skilling in preperation need a good kick up the arse.

The amount of times we have been told next qaurter, last quarter, start of next year, before december etc etc
says to me they basically had no idea and just were stalling.

The fact that we players are Calypso's customers and they don't even go into bat for us with Mindark they just sprout the same gutless crap everytime "it's MA they havent given us a timeline" that's just piss weak, these planets are just glorified franchises and if i owned a franchise of any kind and some of my customers were as upset as the tamers i would be asking serious questions and demanding answers so my own business (planet franchise) didnt look like some amature hour business.

Good of Kim to comment, thanks Kim, it's a pleasure being one of your customers and i appreciate your help.

That's what i should be saying, but sadly we got fuck all help from these greedy clowns.

They havent done a thing with taming you can bet on it.

All of them thru the years who lied to us to keep us skilling in preperation need a good kick up the arse.

The amount of times we have been told next qaurter, last quarter, start of next year, before december etc etc
says to me they basically had no idea and just were stalling.

The fact that we players are Calypso's customers and they don't even go into bat for us with Mindark they just sprout the same gutless crap everytime "it's MA they havent given us a timeline" that's just piss weak, these planets are just glorified franchises and if i owned a franchise of any kind and some of my customers were as upset as the tamers i would be asking serious questions and demanding answers so my own business (planet franchise) didnt look like some amature hour business.

Good of Kim to comment, thanks Kim, it's a pleasure being one of your customers and i appreciate your help.

That's what i should be saying, but sadly we got fuck all help from these greedy clowns.

so true bro, it's good to see that us tamers are still here being a thorn in mindarks side. Let it be a thorn that they decide to remove before it becomes a thorn everyone can see.

Sadly we are not really a thorn as much as a former cash cow they are hoping will quietly go away and stop remiding them of the lies, neglect, and all the shit we have gotten for the crime of spending money to support their business. In the end I guess it is our fault for thinking MA has an ounce of common sense or decency or a modicum of desire to not fuck their customers over. So sorry MA and Kim, our mistake.

Or maybe theyr just still studying the best way to reimplemente taming as a good pedXtractor... The way taming was, it was just a tear in a sea, and they need it to be something that keep players interested in it and same time a good chanel of income to them...

Or maybe theyr just still studying the best way to reimplemente taming as a good pedXtractor... The way taming was, it was just a tear in a sea, and they need it to be something that keep players interested in it and same time a good chanel of income to them...

Not sure how that stops them from informing people of progress in a truthful fashion rather than just remove peoples profession for the last 3 years while they create so many other things before implementing areas that people had already paid good money to skill.

If you have customers that paid good money to skill a profession then you work on those professions rather than decide to shaft those people and create new ways of making money, it's fine having new professions and new vehicles and space and all that other stuff that i hardly use but i think it's only fair to fix up the people you were supported by rather than overlook them.

Yes, i think something like that. A combination rethinking what they want for kind of taming system and having the time and resources the implement it. I'm sure they want a system that would make it possible to ride and fly mobs, because that would be very popular and draw players to the game i believe. If it will end up that way or not we can only guess.

It's not impossible that some planet partners have had some demands and desires on other systems to be implemented and MA have prioritized those instead of the taming.

When taming comes back, if it comes back, we'll probably have all our fully fed, level 3 mobs, hungry, and back to level 0.
The brushes will decay tripple as much as they used to, so MA can recoup the 3 years worth of decay. The nutrio will last 1/3 the time, so MA can recoup all the unused fruit and sweetstuff out there.
The mobs will have a new emote, roll over and beg (for food most likely).

Worst case scenario above.

Best case scenario will be a few free brushes to those who have pets, maybe a cheap unlimited one, some nutrio to last the 3 years that we've been collecting them for, and the pets will have other uses, like rideable, combat ready etc.

I'm not holding my breath for best case scenario :wise:

I fully understand peoples frustration about taming not returning after 3 years of CE2, but think back about mindforce, mentoring etc, they also took ages to return and came back improved on the old way.

However, there does need to be a statement about taming returning in 2012. Hopefully in the Autumn.

Fruit still "loots" with nothing to eat it! :(

ps I own 3 pets.

Status
Back