FYI: Taming: the waiting...

Status
You should rename the thread title to :

Taming The Rumor

Taming The Myth

Taming The Forgotten

...Taming Good Bye

Sounds like you have been waiting a very long time, what was taming like?

Feeding and combing animals was a nice change from killing them, even if all they could do was following you around and doing a bunch of simple tricks :). And you could give them funny names!

entropia-2007-06-03-14-51-11-32.jpg

This poor little thing (the one on the left) is now stuck somewhere amidst bits and bytes for well over 3 years, without much hope to ever see again the green meadows of Calypso :)

Feeding and combing animals was a nice change from killing them, even if all they could do was following you around and doing a bunch of simple tricks :). And you could give them funny names!

entropia-2007-06-03-14-51-11-32.jpg

This poor little thing (the one on the left) is now stuck somewhere amidst bits and bytes for well over 3 years, without much hope to ever see again the green meadows of Calypso :)

Woo cool so do they attack other players or they just attack everyone?

Woo cool so do they attack other players or they just attack everyone?

There was about 24 hours when you could unleash you pets and they would attack everything, MA fixed that very quickly, I believe there are some pic's somewhere in this forum.

There was about 24 hours when you could unleash you pets and they would attack everything, MA fixed that very quickly, I believe there are some pic's somewhere in this forum.

hahahaha yea, that was indeed fun ! :'D

Im sure, if fishing gets introduced, we will all forget about taming for some months...

Im sure, if fishing gets introduced, we will all forget about taming for some months...

For entertainment purposes (not to mention additional revenue generation), I'm sure MindArk would introduce fucking before fishing...

Think of all the PED that could be spent on MA whores. ;)

Chrome, I think you missed the introduction of fucking, has been in game for 3 years already, this is where we pay MA money and MA fucks us hard up the ass...they seem to have fucked up even this basic concept:)

Chrome, I think you missed the introduction of fucking, has been in game for 3 years already, this is where we pay MA money and MA fucks us hard up the ass...they seem to have fucked up even this basic concept:)

Wait...

Pain removes weakness !

But you are probably right, at some point it just really hurts ! xD

for a while, until your sphincter becomes so stretched when u fart it goes " frrrshooooooof" , no pain , no control of your bowel movements either . fun fun!

So not anything this year either - - -> " we expect the wait to be worth it! ".:computer:

I'm so pissed off with being treated like this I daren't even post what I really want to say about it all :mad:

say it with a break from game

Been there, done that. Well I've played roughly 12 months total over the last 2 years so I have to a degree considering I used to play 12+ hours a day every day and did so for years.

The thing is, it's winter now, it's dark and miserable outside and I want to play! I shouldn't have to take a break to prove a point or just to get a single reply from MA about this :mad:

I have not meaningfully played for a while, mainly login to sell out my storage, buy CLD and chat to a few people. And when I do play it feels like a grind a chore, there is no more excitement of discovery, chance of great item or uber loot, and of course taking away one of my highest skilled profession for 3 years pisses me off to no end.

Been there, done that. Well I've played roughly 12 months total over the last 2 years so I have to a degree considering I used to play 12+ hours a day every day and did so for years.

The thing is, it's winter now, it's dark and miserable outside and I want to play! I shouldn't have to take a break to prove a point or just to get a single reply from MA about this :mad:

The old PE could make me do playing 14 hours on so many days...wake up, make coffee, login, realize its getting dark again, log off...sleep...repeat. I wasnt just beeeing a gamble addict.

The immersive world back then, had this charming alien feeling...and I can proudly say that I really enjoyed this thing called "taming". :rolleyes:

Now it feels a little too much like FarCry everywhere. Beaches and palm-trees...alien feeling gone.

Knowing it will never change again. And like Kombinator says :

I have not meaningfully played for a while, mainly login to sell out my storage, buy CLD and chat to a few people. And when I do play it feels like a grind a chore, there is no more excitement of discovery, chance of great item or uber loot, and of course taking away one of my highest skilled profession for 3 years pisses me off to no end.

If you see all this years MA told os that taming will be here next year but this time they did not tell os that it will be here next year....So it is :tiphat::proof::locked: to taming.

Interesting logic, very well may be you are right. Or may be they just decided to not commit to anything, since they know they are not able to stick even to their own very relaxed development schedule and will just one day sneak it in.

Granted, unlike they way they or any company with half an idea of PR would do it, i.e with huge apologies, meaningful compensation and impressive features they will most likely just sneak back in the exact same shit they had 3 years ago, tweak the graphics and claim a huge win.

This is exactly what I have done. When I got the email (which was what seems like almost a year ago) that was a survey and there was mention of taming returning then, I came back for a bit. But with all the waiting bullshit of a profession that the bunch of ass-hats (MA) obviously have no intentions of bringing back, I have again gone inactive. I don't plan to return until taming has been re-implimented.

MA - Im sure one of you numb-nutz is reading this, but you just dont have the balls to respond. You won't get one more cent from me until you make good on your broken promises..... that is a promise from me (and i know how to keep my word.... watch... Ill show you how its done.... be sure to take note ya tards!)

It isn't like skilling taming was in anyway cheap either so they are alienating some of the higher depositors and basically asking them to stop playing and depositing, great PR.

Will be sad to see a game devoted to people who never deposit, and just own CLD's, I'm sure the returns will be well worth it.

Last edited:
It isn't like skilling taming was in anyway cheap either so they are alienating some of the higher depositors and basically asking them to stop playing and depositing, great PR.

Will be sad to see a game devoted to people who never deposit and just own CLD's, I'm sure the returns will be well worth it.

I think there's plenty depositors holding CLD's.

I am holding some CLD, actually one of the very few things I currently like about the game is their existence.

And if MA decides to finally fuck us totally, will likely convert a lot of what what I have in game to CLD and just watch from the sidelines.

I think there's plenty depositors holding CLD's.

So do i, i don't think i said there wasn't? Kombinator is proof of what i just said

"I am holding some CLD, actually one of the very few things I currently like about the game is their existence.

And if MA decides to finally fuck us totally, will likely convert a lot of what what I have in game to CLD and just watch from the sidelines."

How many people will it take to do that before you have a lot of people not depositing and watching from the sidelines with their CLDs while they play some other 80 dollar game that cost no more to play, where does the CLD revenue come from? :) it's almost comical to think like that.

It's not made up.. it's fact, i play more Battlefield 3 now, i no longer deposit and i don't think I'm Robinson Crusoe here. I didn't go down the CLD road as i really cant see the sense having money tied up in a game i no longer want to play as my brain tells me if i no longer want to play then I'm sure there are others.

I never played the game to make money or I'd be a reseller or some other shit i played it for the enjoyment and the vastness of the world and all that was in it and now that's dissapearing so best i leave it to the never depositors and the CLD owners and also watch from the sidelines and hope it goes well and comes back to the game i enjoyed playing so much.

So do i, i don't think i said there wasn't? Kombinator is proof of what i just said

"I am holding some CLD, actually one of the very few things I currently like about the game is their existence.

And if MA decides to finally fuck us totally, will likely convert a lot of what what I have in game to CLD and just watch from the sidelines."

How many people will it take to do that before you have a lot of people not depositing and watching from the sidelines with their CLDs while they play some other 80 dollar game that cost no more to play, where does the CLD revenue come from? :) it's almost comical to think like that.

It's not made up.. it's fact, i play more Battlefield 3 now, i no longer deposit and i don't think I'm Robinson Crusoe here. I didn't go down the CLD road as i really cant see the sense having money tied up in a game i no longer want to play as my brain tells me if i no longer want to play then I'm sure there are others.

So sad but true

I never played the game to make money or I'd be a reseller or some other shit i played it for the enjoyment and the vastness of the world and all that was in it and now that's dissapearing so best i leave it to the never depositors and the CLD owners and also watch from the sidelines and hope it goes well and comes back to the game i enjoyed playing so much.

The thing is owning heaps of CLDs is tying up a lot of PED that could be in the game. The tiny payout each week isnt much. At the end of the day we get a 9x9 plot of land and some voting rights with 9 CLDs. If players sit on the side lines and dont deposit and the game revenue goes down, so does the CLD payout. There is little point having a CLD if it doesnt pay out. Also at the end of the day a CLD has a value of 0.00Ped! MA doesnt guarantee the value of a CLD. We need a huge expansion in the playerbase to inject money back into the game. No high end items are moving on auction like they used to as players have all their PED in CLDs.

Anyway, this is off topic. Where the hell is Taming????

It would be so easy!

Take the old taming code and give back TAMING, and a lot ppl would be happy and maybe coming back to the game. it also would stop ppl to make angry post about no taming since ages. It would help to get better reputation to the game, and noobs read less bad post about lost trust to MA.

MA, do we need more ppl in game? If yes, give back Taming!
Why the hell we player almost have to write threads like this, to get back promised things?:eyecrazy:

edit: and when we get back make up?

Well one one hand I agree, would be great to have back the old taming even but...if MA does just bring it back, it would be a colossal failure as well, as it would show such a degree of utter incompetence that even those f used to i will be surprised. Bring back taming as it was, give very meaningful compensation in items, skills and PED according to taming levels, write a formal bloody apology and try to slowly develop taming...that I think I could live with.

has there ever been an explanation as to WHY it was removed ? They dont remove other professions in order to update them !?
perhaps kim can atleast shed some light on that , it may be more easy to accept with a reason . :scratch2::confused::(

They did remove mindforce for a bit as well I think, there were never any coherent explanation of why, after they switched to Cryengine they said some systems need to be reworked..and 3 years later this team of geniuses is still trying to figure out the manuals.

Status
Back