Team Ireland

Aliana

Old Alpha
Society
Ubers-In-Training
Aliana Hermes
Ah WoF Season. What a wonderful time of the year! :yay:

Aliana Aliana Hermes

Let's get a bigger team together than we had last year!

Hugs,
Aliana

Edit:

List of enlisted below. The captain can sort out team and support later:

1) Aliana Aliana Hermes
2) Hugh Willose
3) Fomorian Bogger Domnall
4) Kitten KittyLee Hermes
5) Bert Bertisevil Isevil
6) Mad Goose Hunter
7) Morganna Morganna Dawn
8) Photonic Photon Edge
Possible 9)? Chaos Pain Demonic CPD10, you look like you expressed interest but didn't officially say you are in. Are you in? :)
Possible 10)? Jade Demoniac Malkov I haven't found Demoniac in game to confirm interest in joining us this year. Does anyone have confirmation of this?

Captain vote:
So far it looks like a total of 5 votes for Kitten KittyLee Hermes with no others stepping forward to volunteer for the position for team captain. Is that a majority or do we need one more?

Hugs again,
Aliana

Last edited:
Count me in again :)

Historical Stats for Ireland

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Just for reference... best of luck in 2009 :thumbup:

Fomorian Bogger Domnall :)

Kitten KittyLee Hermes

I'd like to help out this year if possible

Bert bertisevil Isevil

We need more Paddys, Micks, Bridies and Colleens ;)

We certainly do need more. It was difficult last year when we had 8 for an entire team. I don't think we did that bad considering how under staffed the team was. Let's get some more on the team!

Hugs,
Aliana

Welcome to WoF 2009, Team Ireland!

Teams from all over 2 globes are currently getting their act together for this year's World of Firepower event. Many of them have found it advantageous to get some team practice in before their first matches, but how much better would it be if you could work out team tactics and see how well your players function as a team with the possibility of Cash Prizes too.

To that end it is my honour and pleasure to draw your attention to:

WoF08Logo-ProSeries.jpg

This is the WoF Pro-Series, where teams and solo hunters can compete for cash prizes in month-long WoF-Style events which will help to raise money for the WoF Treasury (See other Sticky Thread “WoF Treasury” ). These events, in the spirit of the WoF, are free to enter and open to all.

We are currently almost at the end of "Run 9", but any team is welcome to join in at any point. Run 9 will finish at Midday on Tuesday 20th January, so you still have time to get an entry in for Run 9.

The last WoF Pro Series before the World of Firepower kicks off will start the very next day, Wednesday 21st Jan at Midday, and will run until the end of February, giving all team 5 weeks to accumulate thair winning total score.

So we're talking Team Hunting for Cash Prizes, Free to Enter, Open to All!

There are some Rules though.

Scoring: Teams must Global at least once on 5 different mobs from a set mob list, just like the WoF.
This gives 5 screenshots to submit per entry.
The winner each month will be the Team/Solo Hunter who gained the highest TT-Value of Loot from their 5 Globals combined.
There are also Cash Prizes for Second and Third.

Screenshots must accompany each Global, and be posted in the WoF Pro Series thread for that month.

All mobs must be hunted in the LA’s specified.

Screenshots must show:
Mob and Maturity,
Team List,
Timestamp

Simple enough, just hit C and P as soon as you global ;)

If details are missed, scroll up to be sure and take another. We’ll accept partial screenies if the other parts are there too.

You can collect the required Globals in any order; only screenshots from the corresponding month will be permitted, and all screenies have to be posted within 48 hours of the Global/HOF in order to be valid for the event.

Special Not-Complicated-At-All Team Rules:

Teams MUST be named “WPS(Team Name Here)” to be eligible. National Team names are not mandatory, but no profanity.

Teams can be any size, from 2-12. The same team must feature in all Globals.
BUT: Teams can Lose Members.

What this means: The ideal result in a WoF Pro-Series hunt would be a Team of say 4 or 5 hunters going out and getting all 5 globals in a mad two-hour hunt and sending in their screenshots for their entry. If however, the team only got 3 of the 5 globals, before 2 members ctd’ or had to go to work etc, the remaining team members can still carry on. Any Team members who feature in Earlier Submitted Globals before they left can re-join the team later to help complete the 5.
If you have entered 5 Globals but for example get a better Kingfisher on another day, you can change the entry to include it if the same team (by the rules above) was used.
What you CAN’T do is ADD NEW team members. If you want to make a new team with other avatars, it will form a NEW entry which should include all 5 globals by THAT team.

In short: As Time-Stamps are included in each Screenshot, the order of the globals is known.... the Team is anyone who was in the First Global People can not be there in later Globals, but no EXTRA people.

The Prizes are normally:

1500 PED: 1st Prize
600 PED: 2nd Prize
400 PED: 3rd Prize.

But in Run 8 we had a roll-over of the 3rd place prize, so in Run 9 the prizes are 1700, 700 and 500 peds respectively.

For each event, a donation will be added to the WoF Treasury by Bank NEVERDIE. The success of these events will see this increase.

Prizes will be awarded in-game.

There will be events held until the start of WoF 2009 and beyond, and results will feature on a LeaderBoard in this forum.

Thanks for reading, good luck to all!

Hurrikane, Chopper and the WoF Commitee

:thumbup:

so how many team members we got?

I count 7 so far :) Think we got through first qualifying stage with 7 in first year of WoF and number of teams are down this year so maybe :yay:

I count 7 so far :) Think we got through first qualifying stage with 7 in first year of WoF and number of teams are down this year so maybe :yay:

CANT WAIT :yay: 2 boggers on the team now

I just checked the rules and it looks like we were supposed to elect a captain two days ago! I would naturally have voted for Photon, but he seems to be MIA. Who's up for the job?

Hugs,
Aliana

Fyi

I just checked the rules and it looks like we were supposed to elect a captain two days ago! I would naturally have voted for Photon, but he seems to be MIA. Who's up for the job?

Hugs,
Aliana

From the rules post on the main thread:

On February 24th, Captains will be elected by each team

Cheers and GL :)

From the rules post on the main thread:

Cheers and GL :)

Oh good. I'm a month ahead in my thinking. We still have time.

Hugs,
Aliana

Morganna Morganna Dawn

Count me in, at least on the support team. I may not be able to afford ammo, but I can sure bring a full fap!
(Happy now, Aliana??? lol)

Count me in kids. I'm back!

I probably won't be able to offer myself as captain this year unfortunately, but I would like to nominate Aliana instead - who always seems well up for organising stuff. :)

Here's to the plucky underdogs!

Count me in kids. I'm back!

I probably won't be able to offer myself as captain this year unfortunately, but I would like to nominate Aliana instead - who always seems well up for organising stuff. :)

Here's to the plucky underdogs!

I really appreciate the vote of confidence Photon, but I don't really want the job of Captain. May I suggest KittyLee? She's not working, so she has the time. Also, because she is in the same house as me I can certainly help her out with organizing things.

Hugs,
Aliana

I'd vote for Kitty. She's the only person I know with a WoF jacket! lol Seriously though, if she has the time and she's willing, I think she'd be a great captain.

I understand Demoniac is joining Ireland as well this year, only of course he can't post on here so I'm not sure how he's going to do it.

I understand Demoniac is joining Ireland as well this year, only of course he can't post on here so I'm not sure how he's going to do it.

I have Demoniac on FL. If he does want to join us this year it's no problem. I'll keep an eye out for when he logs in and keep him posted. :D

Hugs,
Aliana

Hello to all of you in Team Ireland, and welcome to the WoF once again. I look forward to another year of tense competition and hard-fought matches.

I notice an issue has crept up concerning Captains and the use of private team forums. Could all those teams who have already voted/decided a Captain please let me know by PM (one per team:)) as soon as possible.

Could any team who have yet to decide a Captain please post votes in their Team Thread until the result is known and inform me of the choice as soon as possible. The date of February 24th was only the final date for deciding, I apologise for not making that clear.

If any team members find their Team's captain to have been undemocratically elected could they please contact me as soon as possible.

Sorry again for the lack of attention to the start of the WoF, but I'm back online and on the job now:)

Keep an eye of the Info and Rules thread for any further clarification of the finer details in updates to come, and to the Sticky threads in this sub-forum in general for any WoF-related items that may aid your progression through the tournament.

Oh, on the subject of signing people who can't post on EF; if someone else posts their full avatar name I will accept that name as a team member unless that avatar later objects to me. Hope that clears that up.

Good Luck,

Hurrikane

Kitten KittyLee Hermes for Captain :)

Kitty will be a great captain. I'm up for her taking the top job if she is. Of course I'll offer any help and experience I can do if needed. :)

I vote for Kitten KittyLee Hermes for Captain too :)

Vote: Kitten KittyLee Hermes..... can i do that? lol

Vote: Kitten KittyLee Hermes..... can i do that? lol

Yes, you can ... and you're in! Now start organising who has skills for what mobs. If everyone can pls give a run down of what relevant prof levels you have and send it in a PM to Kitty then she'll hopefully be able to match up the correct team, with the correct weaponry for the correct mobs. :)

Nice one!

From reading your thread I'll name Kitten KittyLee Hermes as Captain of team Ireland. I'll confirm it in 711's thread concerning private team forums, and you are free to go about selecting your Main Team.

Note that the number of team members required for each hunt is a maximum number not minimum, and follows the same pattern as last year.

Hurrikane

Aliana, my in game name is Hugh Willose and i play everyday , not just during wof - lol

Back