Team Ireland

:yay::yay::yay::yay: Gratz Eire

So pissed i missed it :(

Just wanted to say how proud I am of the team's performance today. I'm honoured to serve as captain for you. The results (pending screenie confirmation):

Ireland 68 - England 28

Congratulations to all.

:yay:

Yes you guys did great!

Congratulations to the Ireland team from the English guys :)

Big grats to all.

Ant

It was an honorable pleasure to spend some of the afternoon being of assistance to the team. WTG guys! :wtg:

Hugs,
Aliana

Hello Team Ireland.

Your Opponents in Round 3 next weekend will be South Africa.

Please confer and confirm with them and PM me your preferred Start Time from the following;

Saturday 31st March: 10:00

Saturday 31st March: 14:00

Saturday 31st March: 18:00

Sunday 1st April: 12:00

Sunday 1st April: 16:00

Sunday 1st April: 20:00

Don't think I need to tell you; this round really counts:)

Hurrikane

Sunday 20:00 is the best time for me then problably Sunday 16:00, I maybe be able offer some support on the other slots.

Hi mates,

I am just waiting for feedback from my team,
but how does the Sunday 20h00 slot looks for you ?

MP

Sunday 20:00 best time for me also.

Also available for Saturday 14:00

So that would be from 21:00 GMT to midnight ... difficult.

Let me have a think about it and let you know.

Sunday 20:00 should also be fine with me

Wow, 146 points and top scorers so far in this stage!!!

Well done Ireland!

Gratz from myself and i'm sure other England team players.....but dont relax just yet, we would still like to qualify in first place :thumbup:

A little scoreboard analysis...

Given that England will win their next match (no offense Estonia), South Africa will need to beat us by 75 points in order for us not to qualify.

South Africa have some pretty strong fire power, so depending on how loot is on the day, we still have a lot of work to do in this round.

LOL gotta mention... an 87 Ped HoF in the opening minutes and a global 3 seconds from the end? The luck of the.....

Well Done Ireland, truly impressive performance so far :)

Hurrikane

LOL gotta mention... an 87 Ped HoF in the opening minutes and a global 3 seconds from the end? The luck of the.....

Well Done Ireland, truly impressive performance so far :)

Hurrikane

Without either of the above + all the bonuses, result would have been the same ;)

Again, Gratz all, great result :D

"The luck of the Irish" - How many times this weekend have I heard it? Nevermind.

Anyway, thanks for all the nice comments and wishes. Maybe we are a little "lucky", but personally I think it's got more to do with dedication, preparation, and pushing ALL the way to the end even if we are leading. ;)

I will make myself available as support or in team whichever time is agreed. Not missing it again ;)

Sunday at 20:00 MA is best, 16:00 MA is possible too.... 12:00 MA is a bit early but might be available then as well.

Susan :)

It's looking more and more like Sunday 20:00 for all here. It's a bit late, but I think we'll manage.

Let's hope all the HoFs aren't gone by then.

I need feedback from Aidan first before we commit to this time.

It's looking more and more like Sunday 20:00 for all here. It's a bit late, but I think we'll manage.

Let's hope all the HoFs aren't gone by then.

I need feedback from Aidan first before we commit to this time.

It would be good to know the England result before starting , but it looks like they maybe going the same time slot

South Africa is also available for the Sunday 20h00 slot.

I will do my best to make it for match this weekend, but no promises. :wtg:

So please can we have a reserve lined up as my participation is based upon the premise that public transport will be running ok on Sunday evening. :rolleyes:

It's looking good for us to make the next round but England will surely beat Estonia (no offence to you guys) so we have to make sure we get the right result against SA, it will be good to take the momentum into the next round.

Hi this is a note to all teams, I apologise for it's impersonal nature but I gotta sleep soon and I want a smooth weekend's Judging:))

A Reminder;

All Teams are still under the Current Rules which forbid Subs from playing unless they have moved into the Main Team.

All members who wish to leave Teams to move up their Subs can re-apply should their team get through to Stage 3 after this next weekend.

All members who wish to leave Teams for any reason should post in the Hunt for your Country Thread or PM me.

The Team List is checked and printed out in the 24 Hours before each hunt. If your name isn't on it, you don't hunt.

Check it to see if you're on it (The 1st post in Hunt For Your Country) and sort out anything you need to before it needs to be printed.

This has been issued to combat any confusion over the new Rules that are on their way in Stage 3: some mistook this for Round 3.

Just incase it's still not clear...:)

..this is Round 3 of Stage 2.

Stage 3 is the one after this one.

I know most of you are totally clear on all this and I thank you for your adherence to an untried system; what we learn here only goes to make future WoFs better:) I just thought it a good idea to let as many people in on the Rules as possible.

Hurrikane

hmmm. DSL on down at the moment :scratch2: :(

Congratulations on your fine victory guys, and on progressing to the next stage of this awesome contest. We will return next year to have another bash, be sure!;)

PS : Don't you DARE allow the Yanks or the Aussies to win this title (Oh, the horror :laugh: ) Now go kick ass.

On behalf of the SA team, Gratz,
it was a good game.
We are looking forward meeting you in battle next year.

Good luck with the next Stage.

MP

Thank you Shadowsong and Majorputty :)

Even though we are only at round 3, it looks already like next year's WoF will be massive

Hello Team Ireland ,

Welcome to Stage 3.

As you can see from the updated Team List in Hunt For Your Country, there have been a few minor changes to the Rules, as mentioned before. This is a reminder of what those changes were and how things stand now, as well as the booking-request for your future matches, so read on:)

Teams:

Each member of your Team now has a number. No particular authority is given to the order; only Captains elected by the Team, or a majority vote within the Team, carries authority.

If Teams are not Full, new members will be given the remaining numbers up to 12.

If Teams are Full, members who leave can give "their" number to a new signing, or to another member of the team.

All of the above must be posted in Hunt for Your Country or PM'd to me, then appear on the updated Team List for it to be confirmed.

This will be primarily be an aid for checking in/checking out time in the busy chat before the hunt; 1,4,6 and 7 is a lot easier to type:)

New members can now be approved/rejected by majority vote (within the Team) and/or Captains decision. This is for many reasons, not least the possibility of ringers.

Matches:

Your First match is against Romania

Your Second match is against France

Your Third match is against England

Time Slots for your first match:

(All Times MA Time!)

23:00 Friday 13th April

14:00 Saturday 14th April

22:00 Saturday 14th April

16:00 Sunday 15th April

There's less choice than before but there's less teams....

Please contact the Team you are against first to arrange a suitable time for your first hunt, and PM me with the confirmed time slot by Midnight Thursday.

The future two weekends will contain much the same time slots, feel free to arrange future matches and confirm them with me ahead of time, it will help with the planning.

Stage 3 Timetable:

Round 1: 13th/15th April

Round 2: 20th/22nd April

Round 3: 27th/28th April (No Sunday)

Well done again for getting this far, use these 3 hunts to put the best team possible together to win.... and best of luck to all of you:)

Hurrikane

Best times /days for are sunday 16:00 or saturday 22:00.

Are we going to meet up to talk tactics /plan?

Back