Team POLAND

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Hoping to get some of you to use this thread.... anyway, here's your next hunt info:)

Hello Poland.

Welcome to Stage 2.

Your Round One Hunt will be against Sweden.

Please contact Sweden as soon as possible to agree one of the following time-slots for the Weekend coming.

Then Team Captains PM me to let me know which slot you have chosen; Only do this once you have BOTH agreed the time.

Available Start Times are:

Saturday 17th March: 00:00 (midnight friday)

Saturday 17th March: 14:00

Saturday 17th March: 18:00

Saturday 17th March: 22:00

Sunday 18th March: 12:00

Sunday 18th March: 16:00

If you cannot field any hunters at any of these times and no other slot can easily be found, your team will score 0 and the Tournament will progress.

Good Luck:)

Hurrikane

...Please let me know your times by Thursday Midnight if possible.

Hurrikane

lol at the team work going on In this thread...

I was bored and thought Id see which teams in this thread had the most views and which had the most posts... :laugh:

England have the most views. Scotland have the most posts.

Conclusion: Scots can talk for England, and always are watching the English to see what they can ridicule about us next! :D

(Half Scottish and English perosn here... im immune to all offensive qualities this post may have!!)

You really was bored I see ;)

U sad that u are half Scottish and half English.... :)
I'm originally from Poland but some of my blood is from Lituania, from many years ago I'm living in Spain, but at the moment I'm working in Ireland.... what I learn here (in Ireland)? I learn that English are always up to something ;)
Group D will be interesting :wtg: and Group B will be more like fight for second place. :cool:
-----

Hurrikane we are communicating in game, but thanks for the thread and effort. :D

Hi Poland!

As you were not able to play on the times that suited us best we tried to go your way as much as we could to help you get a team ready. Some guys had to replan their weekend for it.

So I hope we can go half way on this and play Saturday 14.00 MA time

Best Regards
//Count Joe

For me Saturday 14-18 is the best time period. But Im not sure about other memebers of our team.

Ok than.... so Saturday at 14:00 is fine with us...
Much appreciate that Sweden, but you guys are not the only one
who have to change weekend plans.

Kind Regards
Sid.

Ok than.... so Saturday at 14:00 is fine with us...
Much appreciate that Sweden, but you guys are not the only one
who have to change weekend plans.

Kind Regards
Sid.

Thats great, thx Team Poland!

I guess everyone has to do some sacrifices to make this great event happening :)

I send a mess to Hurrikane right now to confirm the time and date. We both need to do that

Take care
//Count Joe

I sent him PM as well, so we are all ready to GO.

Let the better team win, I hope it will be Poland :laugh:

:yay:

Saludos
Sid.

Hello Team Poland;

Firstly apologies for the delayed Update of the Scores on the ***WarSheet***; we are compiling and confirming scores from a very chaotic weekend and RL stuff doesn't help! The Update will be there by tonight (I did say Monday/Tuesday:)).

But to keep you all busy in the meantime;

Your next hunt, Round 2, is against Wales;

Can you please contact Wales and arrange one of the following hunt times for next weekend.

Remember, there isn't much flexibility, and several teams have already fielded less than 4 hunters in the matches up to now.

Available Start Times:

00:00 Saturday 24th March (friday midnight)

12:00 Saturday 24th March

16:00 Saturday 24th March

00:00 Sunday 25th March(saturday midnight)

12:00 Sunday 25th March

16:00 Sunday 26th March

Please Note; time-slots have changed slightly from those offered in Round 1.

Thanks for your continued patience and excellent co-operation.

Also, to all Team Captains:

Please read this carefully, it's important!

The advent of MA's excellent contribution of Winner's Jackets has led to the need for a rule change, which is;

For the remainder of this Stage, Stage 2(rounds 2 and 3) all rules regarding Teams, Recruiting and Substitutes stay the same.

When the 12 lucky teams progress and reach Stage 3, these rules will be changed to allow any signed Substitutes the chance to hunt. The Teams will be listed as a team of up to 12 (if FULL), with all eligible to form the hunt team of 1 to 4 for the Hunts in Stage 3. As with Stage 2, there will be 3 hunts for each Team in this Stage.

It is intended that all team use Stage 3 to refine, bolster and sort out their teams into the best line-up for winning. For this purpose, during Stage 3, team members who have dropped out are allowed to re-apply, and should be asked first, if possible (especially if they did not Hunt when in the Team before) before new signings are added.

For Stages 4 and 5 (5 being the Final), the 6 remaining Teams cannot drop or lose any players. The Teams must use the members they have settled on by the end of Stage 3. Teams not FULL (12 signed members) can still add hunters until FULL, but as before, only with 24 hours notice before a hunt.
The idea is you only enter Stage 4 with a Team that DESERVES TO BE THERE.
So it is up to the Captains to make sure that: Those who have not hunted do so in the rest of Stage 2, or during Stage 3. The substitute rule has been relaxed to allow this to be easier. By the end of Stage 3, going through to Stage 4, your team will be final unless not already FULL.

Why these new rules?

The Tournament started out with the intention of ensuring all those who applied, no matter what their skills or equipment, would get the chance to Hunt for their Country. This has so far been happening; Through the Qualifiers, and Stages 2 and 3, each team will have had 4-7 hunts, and availability issues and good teamwork have ensured that most have, or will have, hunted if they wanted to.

As you are all aware, the Teams sense the need to win and are tuning their team for victory; it makes sense that towards the end, higher-skilled players will make up the bulk of the teams competing. This is now inevitable and must be expected.

With the Prizes in mind, I needed the Rules to ensure that those in the Winning Team (which will be up to 12) have as much right to their prizes as possible, and have not just jumped into a gap in the team and "won" without hunting. All Captains should handle this refining process as fairly as they can, I do not wish to recieve tearful PM's from those leaving or dropped without good reason or the chance to prove themselves.

Hope this is all ok, as it opens up the teams and builds momentum for the Final:).

Confirmed Hunt-Times as soon as possible please.
Hurrikane

Hi Team Poland :)

We are able to field a team on 12:00(midday) Sunday 25th March

How does that work for you??

Hi there,

I have lots of work ATM, i will talk to team m8s tonight and i will let you know.
And how about is Saturday at 16:00. Is it working for you?

Sid

Hi there,

I have lots of work ATM, i will talk to team m8s tonight and i will let you know.
And how about is Saturday at 16:00. Is it working for you?

Sid

Hi Sid,

Sorry cant do that one...If it has to be Saturday then we could make the 12:00 (midday) Slot.

Cheers
RC

Hi team Poland!
A debate about the rule concerning the penalty for missing team elements at the end of the event is going on. I'll ask for one of you to speak their mind, as Hurrikane suggested a change from the %player penalty to a penalty of 3 pts per player missing.
Unfortunately the rule does not distinguish between real CTD due to broken connection or malicious ones (that is, seeing that he won't be back on team, the guy disconnects), and I understand it is hard to know which one of these actually happens. This is the real problem IMO.
My team (Portugal) had a problem with one of the players that was using wifi and lost connectivity (connection was constantly going up and down and finally, down for good) around the middle of the event. This meant a penalty of 33% on the result as we were only 3 in the team.
The end result for us will not be very different (% or -3), but IMHO this is an issue worth debating (as any team in game can see this happen to them), wether the changes are to be made for the next WoF or this one already.

Cheers,

Naifas

Hi Sid,

Sorry cant do that one...If it has to be Saturday then we could make the 12:00 (midday) Slot.

Cheers
RC

Ok than, so lets make it Saturday at 12:00, the problem is that on sunday evrybody are resting after saturday night out, so I could have only 2ppl in team.

I will send PM to Hurrikane.

Regards
Sid.

Hi Sid :)

We can field a team for the Saturday 12:00 midday slot, but would prefer the Sunday 12:00 or 16:00 slots

Would you guys have have woken up enough and had enough asprins to hunt in either of the Sunday slots?

S

Hi There,

Problem is that on Sunday I don't have all the players, I can only make team of 2.... and Saturday I will have all the players in the team.... so please guys lets do it on Saturday.

Sid.

See you on Saturday Midday Team Poland :sniper:

Hello Team Poland.

Your Opponents in Round 3 next weekend will be Scotland.

Please confer and confirm with them and PM me your preferred Start Time from the following;

Saturday 31st March: 10:00

Saturday 31st March: 14:00

Saturday 31st March: 18:00

Sunday 1st April: 12:00

Sunday 1st April: 16:00

Sunday 1st April: 20:00

Don't think I need to tell you; this round really counts:)

Hurrikane

Team Poland,

The Scottish Threat is available only on Sunday for either the 16:00 or 20:00 time slots.

I know your group is preferring a Saturday match, but we were told you were trying to work something out for Sunday. Can you please confirm your availability ASAP so we can confirm with Hurrikane?

Thanks and wish you the best this weekend (as long as it isn't better than us) LOL

Hi this is a note to all teams, I apologise for it's impersonal nature but I gotta sleep soon and I want a smooth weekend's Judging:))

A Reminder;

All Teams are still under the Current Rules which forbid Subs from playing unless they have moved into the Main Team.

All members who wish to leave Teams to move up their Subs can re-apply should their team get through to Stage 3 after this next weekend.

All members who wish to leave Teams for any reason should post in the Hunt for your Country Thread or PM me.

The Team List is checked and printed out in the 24 Hours before each hunt. If your name isn't on it, you don't hunt.

Check it to see if you're on it (The 1st post in Hunt For Your Country) and sort out anything you need to before it needs to be printed.

This has been issued to combat any confusion over the new Rules that are on their way in Stage 3: some mistook this for Round 3.

Just incase it's still not clear...:)

..this is Round 3 of Stage 2.

Stage 3 is the one after this one.

I know most of you are totally clear on all this and I thank you for your adherence to an untried system; what we learn here only goes to make future WoFs better:) I just thought it a good idea to let as many people in on the Rules as possible.

Hurrikane

Hi, this is just a friendly note thanking you for your participation in the WoF
and cordially inviting your Team, your Socs and anyone who can make it to FoF X.

The link is here:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68651

It's a 2-day free global comp between teams and armies.... June 30th/July 1st

Hope to see you there,

Hurrikane

Back