Teleporting cost is to high

dunno what monthly fees of other games are, but if you are depositing say 10$ per month, paying 4$ just to change planet is a bit steep

so to the "how good would you be there for the community, if you can't pay 4$", I would like to ask back, if it generally was cheaper to play, tp, do things

how many more 10$ per month depositers would we have, compared to how many 100$ per month depositers we can get with more expensive gameplay

id say we could beat the 10 ppl difference

but appearently it developed more and more towards some kind of "highroller and non depositing chatters/service providers" than some kind of even payback
which i find fairly sad i may add

as to me, i haven't been to rocktopia yet, paying 80 ped for a roundtrip is nonsense for me
the suggestion with the 40 ped to change planet once, then its 10 ped i like generally, although i would have an addition
change planet once, say calypso to RT, 40 ped, from RT back to Calypso then 10 ped
if you stay on RT tho and then go to another planet, again 40 ped, back to RT 10 ped

so you could at least go back to the place you like most
although 40 ped is still fairly cheap

also, those 40 ped neither go to MA nor the community as loot or something, they get splitted to pilots, who are likely taking the money out, which generally hurts the game, or your loot :)
so it is 4$ per transport taking out of rotation totally

what I would like, is 20 ped fee, 10 ped to go back, as described about, PERMANENTLY on TP, even after pilots come back
so they got at least some upper limit they have to price against, cause that could possibly improve their prices and service
my first trip to CND i got for 15 ped, later on you hardly saw below 25, with people trying to be cheaper permanently bullied (hangars locked with second avatars, etc.)
i mean come on :p

the costs of a flying to Dubai is too high. for me and many others, its just too expensive to travel there. if they made travel cheaper, more people could have experience Dubai.

why do people think they should have a free ride? MA has taken a certain business decision, if you dont like the fee dont travel. it doesnt seem like we are missing much, so stop worrying about it.

:)

the costs of a flying to Dubai is too high. for me and many others, its just too expensive to travel there. if they made travel cheaper, more people could have experience Dubai.

why do people think they should have a free ride? MA has taken a certain business decision, if you dont like the fee dont travel. it doesnt seem like we are missing much, so stop worrying about it.

well put :)

Well, I was already in Dubai, but in Rocktropia not yet.
And we are talking about a game, not about RL.

So, I was not hunting or PKing in Dubai. :D

I went to Rocktropia when it first came online and enjoyed my experience there, decided to come back after a few days however as all friends are in Calypso. Cost me $8, OK i can live with that, once, but not again. Now if the fare was a little cheaper, say 20 ped, I would definitely consider travelling more frequently.

I think the business plan is a bit flawed at too high a price and no one is winning, less travel equals less money for pilots and difficult for The Rock as emerging planet in the end.

I think it should be a free ride, because it is already a free ride from any MMOG to any other MMOG, as long as they're not both from Mindark. The same question would be better directed at Mindark. Why do they think they should have a free ride and get money for nothing.

Rocktropia is dead and the biggest reason is the teleport fees.

Can someone explain how this planet can come back to life without lowering the fees ?

Can someone explain how this planet can come back to life without lowering the fees ?

Thats easy

RT isnt dead because the travel fees

but its nothing new just reskinned mobs

RT can life as a seperate planets with ppl moving there for a long(er) period
so new loot/minerals/blueprints there
(yes there some new stuff but not nearly enuf)

then the travel fees are no problem for the dedicated players

In my opinion the biggest problem isn't the tp fee but that the auction isnt linked to calypso. If the auction would be the same as on calypso, people would spend more time on RT as they would be able to sell their loots for a decent price.

People don't want to pay 40ped to be able to hunt on RT for 1 or 2 hunts and then pay again 40ped to get down to sell their loots.

I was to RT yesterday, it has a storage system for those who are unsure.

Same goes with CND & CP, been storages there for quite a while....

I think the key to a faster grow of the numbers of players on Rocktropia is the when they get items and blueprints unique for Rocktropia. Rocktropia has it's charm. But the competions will be hard when both Next Island and Cyrene gets online later this year.......

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAoJrnvbtvY&feature=fvw[/YOUTUBE]

On topic

In my opinion the biggest problem isn't the tp fee but that the auction isnt linked to calypso. If the auction would be the same as on calypso, people would spend more time on RT as they would be able to sell their loots for a decent price.

People don't want to pay 40ped to be able to hunt on RT for 1 or 2 hunts and then pay again 40ped to get down to sell their loots.

hafto agre with that , less fee on auction would make bigger difrence than the travling fee :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I think the key to a faster grow of the numbers of players on Rocktropia is the when they get items and blueprints unique for Rocktropia. Rocktropia has it's charm. But the competions will be hard when both Next Island and Cyrene gets online later this year.......

Yeah i agree, more unique items for rocktropia will help alot.
These axes we see today just dont cut it.

Thats easy

RT isnt dead because the travel fees

but its nothing new just reskinned mobs

RT can life as a seperate planets with ppl moving there for a long(er) period
so new loot/minerals/blueprints there
(yes there some new stuff but not nearly enuf)

then the travel fees are no problem for the dedicated players

Yeah new items will surely help.

For me, and many others people the cost of a travel to another planet or asteroid is to high...

I agree (I've said it before in other threads).

In a "business perspective": We are supposed to have one avatar. The software is supposed to be a platform for different games. And, the same way as we can have both, let's say WoF and entropia installed on same computer and switch between; since we ("legally") don't have the option of creating multiple avatars, the travel should be free.

Actually the TP fee is a temporary solution. The travel between the planets and Space / Calypso is business of the pilots and hangar owners.

Hangars were used in vu 9 for travels between Calypso and CP/CND. And, imho most of the pilots did not handle the business well (going for profit instead of service), and there wasn't any public statement that hangars would profit from travel between planets.

And, what I didn't like with current solution that hangars owners - indcluding those that never ran any public business and thus never had any losses - got compensation for a feature missing in vu 10 while doing nothing. At least before, some of the costs for space travel was "cycled back into system" (oil and decay). And because spacetravel used oil, it ment there was a use for that oil beginner-level miners (and others lol) usually find.

Right now the TP-fee is just a ped sink for ordinary players and a handout for hangar owners.

Hangars were used in vu 9 for travels between Calypso and CP/CND. And, imho most of the pilots did not handle the business well (going for profit instead of service), and there wasn't any public statement that hangars would profit from travel between planets.

And, what I didn't like with current solution that hangars owners - indcluding those that never ran any public business and thus never had any losses - got compensation for a feature missing in vu 10 while doing nothing. At least before, some of the costs for space travel was "cycled back into system" (oil and decay). And because spacetravel used oil, it ment there was a use for that oil beginner-level miners (and others lol) usually find.

Right now the TP-fee is just a ped sink for ordinary players and a handout for hangar owners.

Agree here!

Actually hangar owners earn money from TP fee without providing a service.
Back in VU9 the decay and used oil, was cyceled back into loots. These parts now missing. Time to get hangars back, that will improve the loots slightly!

For those that think fee is to high, then damn don´t go there!
If I remember right a trip to CND was always 20 PED (80 PED as VIP).

Can´t say its to expencive, but the money needs to be cycled back into system, whats not happening actually!

For me, and many others people the cost of a travel to another planet or asteroid is to high...
if the ticket maybe low more people can be use it, and explore others planet or asteroid, and this can improve economy and relationship.

Why would u wanna go there? Im still enjoying myself here on Calypso after 4 months of playin, im just guessing by your post "where go my avatar when offline" that u havent been here for more than a month:confused::confused: and u allready wanna go to other planets?
Why not enjoy urself on Calypso for a while?
U have all the TPs on this planet already?
And to be honest 40 ped realy isnt that big of a deal if u go there with some pourpose.

Travel should cheap, it should be easy.

I really dont understand the line of thinking of making travel expensive. And yes $4 is extremely expensive for something that costs MA NOTHING.... You get no value for that 4 dollars, its just a zone load. More then that as soon as you want to reload the zone you were just in, now you pay another $4, that's freaking insane. On the surface its only $4 and that's nothing, but in context its messed up.

People complain to no end about the 1 pec equipping fee(which also is retarded). Well you need to equip 4,000 items to meet the cost of 1 tp 1 way....

People complain to no end about cost to play per hour. But at least thats actual game play.....

-----

The only possible excuse for a tp fee is player retention to a specific zone. And this is the worst possible reason. One should seek player retention through value, not through penalties for leaving your area because it sucks.

And sadly it does just the opposite for player retention overall. Sure it might keep people locked on 1 'planet' but it makes them leave the game overall sooner. But it also keeps them locked out of your planet.

More content = more long term player retention. Restricted content = less player retention overall. Travel should be cheap, travel should be easy. This exposes more players to more content, and entices them to stay in EU rather the moving on.

One should log in and say where do i want to go today. I can go fight in a bot war, or go play on the medieval planet or whatever. They shouldn't be logging in and asking if they can afford to pay the travel fee this month; because they are bored of the bot war and want to move somewhere else. And then logging off because they dont want to stay on the bot planet and dont want to waste all their ped moving, only to log off on the new area because they are out of ped for that month.

This is like paying $4 to walk through the door of a movie theater, but not actually getting to watch a movie. Worse then that not even telling you which movies are playing till you have paid to get inside. Once in you get to see which movies are playing, but you still have to buy your ticket if you actually want to see something. And if you dont want to buy a movie ticket, you have to pay another $4 to leave the building....
I agree with this.
However:
1) interplanetary trade and auction fees

Well, that's my only point TBH. All others that i thought of derive from this one. Think about this simple thing: MA and planet partners, especially these last ones, want strong local economies, at least generally independent, and some trade between those economies. Once you get rid of the travel fees, you have a single economy. Only one. And guess where will be the trade planet? Do you think the other planet partners will be ok with it?
So, you must have some travel fees. However, something of this sort could be done: If u have a lot of cargo (number of items higher than X, weight bigger than Y), you pay a fee. If you only carry "hand luggage" then you pay a lower "tourist" fee, as you are in the category "consumer", and consumers in EU should travel easily.

Why would u wanna go there? Im still enjoying myself here on Calypso after 4 months of playin, im just guessing by your post "where go my avatar when offline" that u havent been here for more than a month:confused::confused: and u allready wanna go to other planets?
Why not enjoy urself on Calypso for a while?
U have all the TPs on this planet already?
And to be honest 40 ped realy isnt that big of a deal if u go there with some pourpose.

40 ped is not too much if you have a purpose, but I find it too much to just pay a visit to check out the place.
At e.g 5 ped, I would have probably gone there to check out the place and while being there do some hunting and mining, but at 40 ped one way a round trip is USD 8. Sorry, I prefer to drop 80 bombs or 160 probes for that money.

D.

I agree with this.
However:

Well, that's my only point TBH. All others that i thought of derive from this one. Think about this simple thing: MA and planet partners, especially these last ones, want strong local economies, at least generally independent, and some trade between those economies. Once you get rid of the travel fees, you have a single economy. Only one. And guess where will be the trade planet? Do you think the other planet partners will be ok with it?
So, you must have some travel fees. However, something of this sort could be done: If u have a lot of cargo (number of items higher than X, weight bigger than Y), you pay a fee. If you only carry "hand luggage" then you pay a lower "tourist" fee, as you are in the category "consumer", and consumers in EU should travel easily.

Very good point and suggestion too. +rep.

40 ped is not too much if you have a purpose, but I find it too much to just pay a visit to check out the place.
At e.g 5 ped, I would have probably gone there to check out the place and while being there do some hunting and mining, but at 40 ped one way a round trip is USD 8. Sorry, I prefer to drop 80 bombs or 160 probes for that money.

Very good point and suggestion too. +rep

I agree with this.
However:

I like the idea in general, but unless the "tourist" fee are considerable lower you still would need all your equipment with you if hunting one thing are bad then you might wanna hunt something else or mine so then you need that equipment too.

Since I dont craft I cant say if they need to bring materials but I guess that is a lot easier to get while on the other planet once that planet have kicked up in activity.

I agree with this.
However:

Restrict item travel, not avatar travel. Thats the way to do it. The fees should be collected on inter planetary commerce. It should be free avatar travel with a limited number of items a limited number of times per day or per week or whatever. Let the avatars go back and forth as much as they want for free.

I like the idea in general, but unless the "tourist" fee are considerable lower you still would need all your equipment with you if hunting one thing are bad then you might wanna hunt something else or mine so then you need that equipment too.

Since I dont craft I cant say if they need to bring materials but I guess that is a lot easier to get while on the other planet once that planet have kicked up in activity.

Restrict item travel, not avatar travel. Thats the way to do it. The fees should be collected on inter planetary commerce. It should be free avatar travel with a limited number of items a limited number of times per day or per week or whatever. Let the avatars go back and forth as much as they want for free.

I think we have here great suggestions that would improve things a bit. Travelling naked would correspond to the lowest fee (let's say 5 ped) but would leave you totally dependent on the local economy (which is desirable on the point of view of the planet developers). Travelling with basic gear to hunt or mine or craft (your bp books) would pay a bit more, and above it perhaps make it proportional to the weight until a maximum of the current fee (but i'm sure MA would put it a bit higher in that case).

The issue you'll have is when a team travels. For example a team of eight players go, one carries all the gear and pays what ever the maximum tp fee is and rest go naked paying the minimum fee.

So if the maximum fee remains at the current 40ped:-

1 * 40ped + 7 * 5ped = 75ped

under the current fee

8 * 40ped = 320ped

same goes for the return one carries all the gear and loot back. It would have to be a team that trusts the person carrying it all.

The issue you'll have is when a team travels. For example a team of eight players go, one carries all the gear and pays what ever the maximum tp fee is and rest go naked paying the minimum fee.

So if the maximum fee remains at the current 40ped:-

1 * 40ped + 7 * 5ped = 75ped

under the current fee

8 * 40ped = 320ped

same goes for the return one carries all the gear and loot back. It would have to be a team that trusts the person carrying it all.

Even better! I'm sure every planet partner would love to see player influxes in packs. MA is another question though. And there is the security issue, but that is at each player's risk.

Maybe MA will implement weight increase on cost of a travel with ships and so will depend price of it when pilots will have the market back.

For example a 0 Kg travel could cost 10 peds with an increase of 20 pec/Kg...

so in the example of a group that flies the price doesn't change depending on who have items in his inventory, a total of 4 ppl and 150 Kg in items has same cost, not important who carries what.

I understand that MA wants to create new markets, possibly with realistic dynamics, but maybe in a game that after all is virtual and for the fairest market possible the best solution should be that all travels cost the same, not important your destination, for example 25 peds/trip.

At least we will not see stupid, high and irritating costs to travel from CND to Rocktropia for example.

The market on single places could be saved and the player base will often fly from to another planet without frustration.

Last thing... if MA and their planet partners want really share the playerbase they can't put damn limits to the colonists, 20-25 peds for a trip is ok and lets us pilots work, more will surely kill 3 things:

-pilot market
-high numbers of ppl moving on the other planets for ex. on events
-all the planets exept Calypso, where the player base is alreasy installed with shops, apartments and bills.

Maybe the relationship between MA and FPC could be not so good to the eyes of other planet partners after all, I mean future new ones :(

just my 2 pecs :twocents:

Maybe MA will implement weight increase on cost of a travel with ships and so will depend price of it when pilots will have the market back.

Or, that a a ship with just one passenger will consume less oil than a ship with four passengers?

Yes, interplanetary travel is too expensive.

Paying an entry fee just to be allowed to spend my money somewhere is plain wrong, especially on the internet, when there is absolutely NO physical reason to charge.

Back