Tell your story and have the chance to win a thermos!

Status

My|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
giveaway_9_16.jpg

In the spirit of TWEN and Entropia Universe being around for 20 years, I would love to hear your stories!​

What drew you in to start and continue to play Entropia Universe? What was your first memorable experience? How long have you been in our game?

For those that participate and share their story, there is a chance to win an Entropia Universe thermos! Three winners will be chosen randomly from the participants. The requirement to participate and have a chance to win is that you answer the questions above, but please feel free to elaborate further and tell us more!

To increase your chance to win, share the story you're posting here in the thread to your social media channels together with the hashtags #EntropiaUniverse and #EntropiaGiveaway. In addition to the forum, we will keep an eye on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook.

The winners will be announced on
Monday, May 1st.

Good luck!

----
Disclaimer: The winner will be selected randomly and notified by My|MindArk via Planet Calypso forum private conversation. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 3 days, another winner will be selected. The shipping costs for the giveaway will be covered by MindArk. The prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash or any other item. MindArk reserves the right to cancel, suspend, or modify this giveaway at any time without prior notice. By entering this giveaway, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.

Last edited:
I'm curious if the winners are going to be selected randomly like you state then how can your chances be improved? do you intend to do this by adding multiple entries for them - hence increasing their chances?

doesnt this
To increase your chance to win, share the story you're posting here in the thread to your social media channels together with the hashtags #EntropiaUniverse and #EntropiaGiveaway. In addition to the forum, we will keep an eye on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook.

contradict this
Disclaimer: The winner will be selected randomly and notified by My|MindArk via Planet Calypso forum private conversation. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 3 days, another winner will be selected. The shipping costs for the giveaway will be covered by MindArk. The prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash or any other item. MindArk reserves the right to cancel, suspend, or modify this giveaway at any time without prior notice. By entering this giveaway, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.

I started playing this game shortly after my girlfriend and I broke up. On September 1st 2020 I watched this youtube video Titled :

Can You Really Get Rich in the World's Only "Cash-Based" MMO?​

I thought, "Huh, this seems interesting. I don't have anything better to do, I mostly work from home right now. I have some time to really get into this. Over the next month plus, I spent every waking(and sleeping) moment watching entropia youtube videos, twitch streams and reading as much on the forums as I could. How to succeed, what to do to succeed, How to spend as little as possible while profiting etc. etc.

I downloaded and created my Avatar October 9th 2020, 1 day after, at the time, the 2nd highest hunting All-Time-High ever. That always sticks out to me, I was born from that ATH, I was due for riches, fame, ladies and most importantly, riches. On October 11th, I purchased the Gold Starter pack and just started exploring the game, collecting teleporters, trying to get a good mentor (never happened) and continue to watch streams and youtube videos and being on the forum. I created a female avatar as I read it was easier to talk to people in the game, people would give you free stuff, and that armor was cheaper. I benefitted from being a female avatar, I made friends as a female avatar. Talking to the same people every single day, getting to know the community, participating in events. That $30 held me over as I healed people for decay and tip, as I tamed animals and sold then and as I hit a 1550 HOF duo with Wr3kLess, a streamer I was watching. It's now Mid December and I was watching Avarupter the streamer with some fellow Entropians as we watched Avarupter hunt some mobs. I thought to myself...huh I want to stream too, this seems something fun to do. My computer is good enough, I have the time, so why not?

Well I was a female avatar and I had not told anyone that I was not a woman. First I had to tell my best friends in the game Winter and Marek. This is now December 31st, New Years Eve and I spill the beans to those in the game I was close with. It was like a weight was lifted from my shoulders. I could breath again. I didn't have to pretend I was someone I was not. I could just be authentic me. So I started Streaming, January 4th 2021. I streamed almost everyday, Rising in the ranks as the greatest Entropia Streamer of all time. Making friends, running "Drop Off" Events, Hunting events, Doing Marbles (great idea bunks) and just taking the things that I felt was best to help the community to have as much fun as I was having in the game.

That continued to this day. I give every penny I receive and put it right back into the game. To entertain others, run events (although not as often), and just have fun with what is BY FAR the best MMORPG community in the world.

So why do I stay? It's not about the PED, the fame, the ladies. I just want to bring others joy, as much as they bring me joy, and just have fun with my friends. New ones, old ones, doesn't matter. Life's too short, just have fun and make the best of it.

Yours Truly

Angela a.k.a Draniie a.k.a Cloud

PS. Everything in life is a gamble, except Entropia.

Last edited:
What drew you in to start and continue to play Entropia Universe? What was your first memorable experience? How long have you been in our game?
One of my friends told me about the game and i just had to try it. I was instantly hooked, i love grinding in games and getting stronger over time in any game and this one gave me a reason behind and felt like i could play in the long term.
My first memorable experience was getting a kill on an lvl 7 monster near the swamps north of Port Atlantis and when it died i was greeted with my first global. It was 258PED, translated to USD thats 25 bucks! The dopamine hit hard lol
I have been off and on for...years almost 10 at this point. I don't think im ever gonna stop I use to play this game with a friend who passed away from cancer, we had the time of our life just chatting and sweating and trying to kill things much stronger then we should lol I highly suggest this game with your buddies. It makes spending time with your friends so much more fun. :)

Increasing your chance to randomly win is so very typically MA-speak. On this occasion it is not hard to suppose a mentioning as detailed on any of the four media platforms will get you an additional ticket in the lottery, so a minimum of one for a story here, and a max of five.
However, for all we know it could also be weighted, though, according to a host of unmentioned pre-conditions before the randomness! Sounds familiar by now.....
Anyway, what drew me in: the idea of a virtual universe. First memorable event: I sold 1k of sweat @ boxes for 11 peds (at a time when you could get I think up to 22 bottles per pull). Still here because the faded and jaded hopes are not quite dead yet. I've been here for 15.x years, joined the forum later.
Edit: is the faded and jaded bit unfair? On balance, no it is not unfair. Going into more detail would only create a longer story of downs and rarer ups along the timeline ... like when the best food in town is from the truckstop along the interstate. It sometimes has a certain appeal, but I'm struggling to understand how exactly...

Last edited:
Mine has been a very long and enduring journey in Entropia. There have been many highs and lows in this grand adventure.

I heard of Entropia first from a few articles on slashdot about how Deathifier and Neverdie had spent large funds in this game and made them back. For about a half year or a bit more before I entered the game with a real avatar I began reading about it in various articles, and forums, including entropiaforum, which was the forum that eventually transformed in to this forum. Some of those forums no longer exist.

Studying the history of the game, and the lore of what had happened before I was involved drew me in further and further. I loved playing MMORP games such as Diablo and Diablo II around this time and the idea of a real world dollar tied to the virtual world drew me in ultimately.

My avatar was first offically created in January 2007.

I sweated a lot the first month or so, and slowly worked towards gathering as many teleporters as I could. Back then vehicles did not exist so an avatar had to run around all over the place, figuring out how to avoid red dots on the radar the hard way. A forum posting about the way of the blade drew me in to melee skilling. I eventually deposited a bit and bought some 2x0 axes and a katsuichi determination.

The very first mob I killed after purchasing the determination from the auction resulted in a 350 or so ped global. It honestly kind of scared me and made me feel a bit like a lottery winner so after that I logged out and didn't log in til the next day or so. That started my addiction for wanting more, so I started heavily hunting, but sadly didn't hit many more globals for a while. I ended up depositing around 200 or 300 usd in about a 2 month period of time back then, and my losses were heavy so I stopped hunting, and started exploring other aspects of the game.

I sort of walked away after heavy losses, only to return about 9 months later, with new goals, on a slightly smaller budget...

I started studying the estate terminals and friends list. I eventually got many Mall Shop owners in my friend list, and eventually joined the NBK Entrepreneurs as a result of that. Sadly, some things didn't work out with that due to a number of reasons I may go in to detail on later, but most of which can be found in forum searches here. We got to be good friends, and over time some enemies were developed as well.

I eventually started exploring estates in a variety of ways. At various times in my Entropia history I owned an apartment on Arkadia, a couple of apartments in the U at Rocktropia, a few apartments, a booth and a shop in the same building on Calypso in Omegaton Delta, and eventually started exploring space a bit, and owned a few apartments and shops on Monria about a year or two ago... It was quite epic owning 3 shops on Monria all right next to one another. It took a lot of socializing and studying forums and things to make that happen.

I recently sold off most of my Monria estates, and the last one is in auction at this time....

My child in real life was born a few years ago. As a result I'm wanting to spend more time in the real world in my free time with her, exploring hobbies, and real world goals.... so I'm slowly working on downsizing my in game investments over time. I may still stick around, but with far fewer peds on the pedcard for a while. We'll see what the future brings. It is exciting that we are about to see the development of this game's third game engine being used. Maybe some of the old bink type videos that used to be used on fish tanks in game, etc. will come back to life, or the promise of embedding youtube style videos in game may come to see actual fruitation.

Some of my past adventures are explored over at https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/marias-endeavors.255710/post-3535557

Some of my link digging and historic interests are explored over at https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/link-list.250818/post-3485989

Yes, a bit of the stuff in those threads is heavily outdated, and I may update them eventually, but we'll see. The future is bright and dynamic. ;)

Last edited:
Alrighty, guess I'll give my 2cents of a story :D

I started this game back in 2014 when I was still a kid. One of my friends who I played Minecraft with said something about an RCE game that you could make money in. So, me being a kid with little money, I was like, "Free money?! Count me in!" I was adopted into the SOC my friend was in and had multiple mentors (only one official mentor), but I got taken in as a disciple by many older players in the SOC, and they all taught me new things every day. I learned of every aspect of the game: hunting, mining, crafting, trading, PvP, fruit walking, sweating, and healing.

I quickly learned that this game is almost impossible to play for "free." Even with a lot of time investment, it is hard. But, thanks to the help of my SOC members who are now very dear friends to me, I managed to play for free from 2014 to late 2020. I worked my way up as a Healer from Vivo S10 to an Adjusted 2350, which took me over a year to do, then to Improved 2350, and at last Modified 2350.

I did have some small couple months breaks due to school/studies. Since 2021, I started really playing the game and started doing more myself: hunting, mining, etc. (which I have also done in the past, but not like I do now). My most memorable moment would be three moments.
Back in 2015, during migration when our society was super active, we would often have more than 12 people on our hunts and even split up in 2 or more teams. But during the early hours of the 11th of July, I got my first taste of a huge Uber loot. We out of the blue hit a 5000 PED Eomon young. I was so in shock and amazed at that moment. That was the moment that hooked me into the Universe of Entropia for the rest of either my life or this universe's life.

My second memorable moment was when I got my Mod 2350 Fap that I worked years for to get. Zero deposits, all hard work, sweat, healing, setbacks from not getting paid, etc. all manifested into it, and in me. I met some great people, some of whom I still speak with regularly, and some who have already passed from this universe.

My third memorable moment was recently during TWEN, as if the game gave me a special gift for its 20th birthday! I never ever had a real solo Hall of Fame, but that changed on one evening on the planet of Cyrene during the A.R.C. Offensive - Imperium Snow Base event. I was doing some Gen 3 Lupines, and my return was horrible. At that time, I was speaking on Discord with a SOC mate and a friend. That friend suggested to me, "You should try some Gen 7's. You could do them." I went back to the TT, bought 150 PED of ammo, and went to the Gen 7 Lupines. After a few kills, my screen lit up in a bright yellow light. I hit my first Hall of Fame, solo. I thought it was a 653 PED HoF. Then when my SOC mate said "woooooow" really loud, I looked at the Hall of Fame list. It wasn't 653 PED, but 2653 PED. I hit my first Uber Hall of Fame. I was speechless. I couldn't believe it myself at first, but then it settled in: that great feeling of getting such a hit and wanting it again. And so, two days later the game provided, I was swunting paneleon hit got a rare item HoF!

Dear friends and fellow Entropians,

As I reflect on my journey in this game, I realize how lucky I have been to encounter so many wonderful people and experiences. Entropia will always hold a special place in my heart and soul, and I look forward to the many more memorable moments yet to come.

I want to take this opportunity to express my heartfelt gratitude to those who have helped me grow and learn in the game, especially @K-Max, @Toast CHG, @SilentDrifter92, @Buckwild, @VeNgeNcE, Drew, and everyone else who has been a part of my journey. Your guidance and support have been invaluable, and I am grateful for the lessons and skills you have taught me.

I also want to extend a big thank you to the other members of Dont Feed the Animals society, WoF USA team, and the hunters who have hired me throughout the years. Your trust and faith in me have been a constant source of motivation, and I am grateful for the opportunities to work and learn from you.

Thank you all for being a part of my Entropian adventure. I am excited to see what the future holds and to continue to grow and explore alongside all of you.
My Warmest regards,
Ryunosuke Nika "Nikander" jeDutchy

Last edited:
Hello.... i participate to that giveaway .... going to try to write about me and my story... Im french so ... sorry if i do some mistakes lol

My story........

I started Entropia thanks to a friend...I had never heard about it.... i started Project Entropia in fact...In May 2006.... Wow .. so many years .... Im really nostalgic about it.... I still play because i still have friends here ... My engine has always been friendship since the beginning...

So i started .... i arrived in this world which was so special to me ... Yes i wasn t used to play these kind of things... and thinking that each avatar was a real person was really incredible.... i had at once an immersive experience... The impression to be in another world totally... At the beginning i was even sorry to kill those daikibas lolol...
It was so great to play with all my friends, it became really addictive in the good way to come each time to be all together... having fun, laughing etc...

I remember that my friend was waiting for me in Old Port Atlantis... and i was listening to those old entropia music.... playing... I still have them and become so nostalgic when i listen to them... years flied so fast ....

I remember in Port Atlantis we were noobs and my friend told me to ask something to a random guy.... I did and a new friendship began with our friend Gregg...
We had lot adventures with him... Just wanted to talk about him because he died and he s also a part of my entropia story...

I started as a sweater... and i was used to sweat a lot to make a living lol i sweated so much that once i was in real life i wanted to sweat my dog hahaha lol The sound of sweating was funny in old days...
Sweating, i met great people who helped me such as Gally, Allan.... always here to help... even to share freebies... without them.. my avatar wouldn t have grown up... I thank them a lot.... They are still my friends and even real life friends now...

My first great memory was old beacons.... it was a great adventure... still have kept some screenshots... It was so cool to see the spaceship arriving hahaha ... I was always in the maze because nobody could remember the path lol

I had a lot of fun helping noobs to get teleporters with my friends .... running and running from PA to Billy's, zychion to Fort Troy... Was a great adventure lol no vehicles, so it was a real big trip... trying to kill mobs on the path or to avoid them lol..... The impression to share a second world with my friends...Something unique and special that gave more strenght to our friendship...

I remember as a noob.. i hated spiders.. well the aeracnotrox... i never remember how to write it.... I remember i was exploring lol and i swam hours to avoid them lollllll their sound stressed me .... i have spider phobia hahahaha .... It wasn t a big deal when i think about it but couldnt stand them lol
I have a lot of wee stories like that lol ... I m stupid lolll

I remember big wormhole to the rig .... invasion of people hihihi ... was so cool lol...

Later i bought a a vehicle to go in space lol ... and i visited some planets .... like rocktropia etc lolol did a screenshot messing a lil with the car of neverdie hahaha well shooting pics near his car lolol... having fun to the beer rig... Hello lemmy :)

One day i did a surprise to my friends .... we were used to hunt for XMas...And such ... So in a way it was a way to be together for XMAS even if physically we were so far .... I had drawn something underwater with dungs ... i had drawn a Santa Claus and such and put happy XMas under water.... My art stay a long time on game ... was my secret place underwater....
Will try to put the pic but i dont manage oops lol

To me, Entropia ... always a story of friendship.....

Why i want to win that thermos ... well just for that... to remember our adventures here and our friendship on game...I m used to walk a lot in real life ... in nature ... and when i see some curious landscapes it reminds me sometimes to Entropia... i know a landscape that is just like a rocktropia place lol....
I become a sensitive bunny sometimes because i think about those who left who died....and all the fun we had ....
Always loved the idea to have entropia items in real life hahaha yes ... such as prancer clothes or plumatergus clothes ... my favorite... im i love with that plumatergus color....

Here is a part of my story written with my heart to all my friends ...

Rippy

A thermos really? Yall want publicity on other platforms like twitter youtube etc but you give away pennies in return? If you made the prizes like 1000 ped or something similar I would be more tempted. Thanks but I'm good.

Alright, I have written briefly above, but several others have shared positives, only one is just a couple of years old in EU I think.

I'll add that sweating played a big role for maybe two years and not just the first 1k I sold - sweating then swunting as my skills slowly grew.

I used to have the loot window setting because enough loots contained pixie parts or a fap etc for it to be nice to see the icon in the window. Over time that has lessened and I now just look at the text.

A memorable moment was finding a dropped gift from another player on the back of a dino skeleton. I 'paid it forward' myself by hiding noob faps in a few places once I was no longer absolutely noob myself.

I remember watching an art video at New Oxford and thinking of the possibilities for educational events that could be held if there was a way for content to be accepted for 'viewing and discussing' within EU, but that route still remains pretty closed it seems.

I remember people had a good deal of fun when vehicles were added, especially the boats and the feeling they added to the watery areas, but that dropped away too, even the water link between PA and Jennifer Island where there was a nice noob robot instance (it was closed down).

I never achieved enough of a skill level while the land grabs were somewhat of an event, but the fort battles were great fun for a while. Unfortunately players misused bugs and several other issues weren't fixed, resulting in their abandonment too.

These are just a few of many positives that somehow disappeared again at some point, but have been part of my story, so I must revise a bit my statement that the positives were rare. They have become very rare; that's the issue I have, alongside other stories we players have simultaneously been faced with over the years.

My .. I have a space story I already wrote on another thread

See if I can assemble another

A thermos really? Yall want publicity on other platforms like twitter youtube etc but you give away pennies in return? If you made the prizes like 1000 ped or something similar I would be more tempted. Thanks but I'm good.
I know I think I"m just here for the memes now! 20 years and a thermos?

I posted my origin story in another thread but here it is again below copy and pasted. The only thing I will add is the sheer number of awesome emergent moments I have had when meeting other players in game while I have been out collection skills and ped, these moments are numerous, here is one such encounter then happened just this week. I was running around herding Merps into a impossibly large horde to skill off them and then to shoot and loot them, I try to do this activity in unpopulated low traffic areas as not to involve innocent bystanders that could possibly get slaughtered by hundreds of rampaging Merps headbutting their avatar to death. Now and then a green dot will appear on my radar and an unfortunate avatar death will occur, this wasn't the case when a green dot appeared on my radar a few days ago, I was at the end of the Merp run about to stop and kill the Merp horde when I ran head long into another player, I was not taking any notice of my radar, I instantly thought damn another unfortunate casualty, but to my surprise the player's avatar stood his ground! we both stood side by side obliterating hundreds of Merps both getting green swirls and loot! after the carnage was over the players avatar turned to my avatar and said in the chat "THAT WAS AWESOME!!" we then proceed to chat about skills and various game play mechanics and share valuable game play advice, I then ran to gather a new Merp horde while my new friend waited for me to bring them back so we could both relive the carnage all over again. Its moments like this that make EU so uniquely amazing.

My origin story...
Hi! my history with Entropia Universe started in 2007, from memory at that time I was looking for a science fiction MMORPG, I believe it was a toss up between Anarchy online and Entropia Universe, I can't remember exactly why I chose Entropia over Anarchy but I'm eternally grateful that I did, EU was the first fully open world game I ever played, It blow my mind when I first stepped out of the spaceplane at Port Atlantis. I was off exploring, I didn't have a clue what I was doing or where I was going it was amazing. Eventually, after a day or so of getting killed by Merps and other beasts and through sheer luck I ran into another person doing the same thing I was, just running in one direction across the map exploring, We become best friends both in game and in real life, over the many years of playing EU together, He from sweden and I from australia, we would get up to the most crazy and hilarious stuff we could think of doing in game when we were low on peds and bored, good memories. When the announcement came of the update to the cryengine2 it was exciting, by this time I had built up a large network of friends in game from all around the world, including those that had connections to mind ark and eventually planet partners, in my real life I was proceeding into a graphic design/game development career and it was this that eventually lead me to working for Planet Arkadia, designing all the flora for the Planet and that work was a huge stepping stone into other career opportunities. Simply put, Entropia Universe has been good to me, I have had some of the best gaming moments of my life playing EU and I have interacted with so many wonderful people along the way, some I have made friends with in game and in real life "thorns rose" while some have moved on and nolonger play for whatever reason? now only red highlighted names on my friends list and memories remain of them. I don't know what the future holds for EU with the coming Unreal Engine5 update, though if that feeling of being dropped onto an alien world with no boundaries to hold you back and the open ended game play that leads to creating amazing, memorable and sometimes hilarious moments with people is not lost in the translation to Unreal Engine5 then I'm sure everything will be fine. I love EU. Thanks.

Last edited:
The winner will be selected randomly
No go.
If i want randoms I visit casinos.I never enter casinos.
Also this is in line with equal chances of outcome which is fundamentally against all my beliefs and motivate everyone to never progress or want more.

is the Thermos filled with AQUAVIT ? in case i could break my no-gamble code....

That Flask recall me the "BS Gurus" of dropshipping on Youtube advertisement... :)

I played this game 2006-2017 very active, it was a big thing for me, I spend many hours, during mining, hunting, pvp and LG, now I still miss this game, but have no opportunity to start again, love ppl here I meet, and I hated cheaters a lot.

Well, damn do I ever want me some sweet sweet EU merchandise. Willing to give me something for free and ship it if I spend time telling my story? I don't understand all the hate, sure EU is going to get more recognition and this is great potential advertising for the game. Don't a majority of us want this game to grow and succeed?

Well, damn do I ever want me some sweet sweet EU merchandise. Willing to give me something for free and ship it if I spend time telling my story? I don't understand all the hate, sure EU is going to get more recognition and this is great potential advertising for the game. Don't a majority of us want this game to grow and succeed?

Imagine if someone made a reply to Asmongolds incorrect video about Entropia Universe. Chances are big he would watch it and comment it, since he likes to follow-up.

We have had a chance right in front of our noses to get the possibly biggest streamer of all to watch and comment Entropia Universe on Twitch and YouTube. But nobody has replied to him. I am not a content-creator myself, unfortunately.

I am working on a response video right now for the past week or so. I want to show the true side of investing in Entropia
However, I have been stuck in limbo with my video waiting for the Entropia Exchange to have the data back up for well over a week now. I truly agree a correct response needs to be made and see if Asmongold is willing to listen to someone who actually knows the game, is heavily invested and sleeps well at night still.

Status
Back