Tell your story and have the chance to win a thermos!

Status
My story start in 2007 when i was a child... i saw the game and like it but didnt have enough cash to start my journey and i was inmature to actually try to start as nondepo... something that was loable in that time (sweat at 7ped, with some days of sweating you could get basic gear and with the loot system in that time you could actually start to proffiting and build your bankroll)

Restart seriously in 2018 close when the pandemic start, i try to avoid all related to loot system because its not fair and it only drain you to the end as it happened to me this mayhem with -10kTT 90% return.. i still like the game because all the friends i have made all around the world and i like to provide services like warps or trade service :)

Actually i think... this giveaway could be something more cool than a thermo... but well... lets see if i least i can lose my money with my coffee on it lol

I was jobless, I had an old computer and I didn't found any anonymous alcoholic group in my neighborhood.

So i joined EU.

Then as i began to lose more and more peds, EU became my core motivation to take my life back.

All the way your high qualified support was there to help me by reminding me how low i had fell, which was even more motivating ! So it took several months of EU Therapy but i Found a very good work, bought a high end gaming computer and i am now able to play to the latest games.

This would never have been possible without touching EU.

ps. Send the Thermos to

Narcotics Anonymous
2 Street of the Desperates
46800 Moncuq
France

A friend of mine said the other day; It's a thankless job making MA rich.

So, because im lazy and want to randomly be able to win a water bottle that is totally going to cover my losses in the game;

Oh, and I don't have social media.

What drew you in to start and continue to play Entropia Universe?
My friend Sev was the first to share the game to me back in 2004, but what really drew me in was the RCE-aspect.

What was your first memorable experience?
I really wanted a ML-35 but could not afford one. I did research on the forum (the old forum back in 2004-2005, can't remember what it was named) and saw that the people that looted one did so from Atrax. I journeyed south of camp echidna to that pink area where feffoids and atrax were mixed (some reservation for remembering it wrong after all that time). I went there some evenings and eventually I managed to get a big global but I couldn't see any ML-35 in the lootwindow. However, I had the lootwindow open for a long while so after looking more carefully I saw that there it was - the gun of my dreams! A lot of luck of course, but still it made my day and I had a lot of fun with the gun :) Other memorable moment was skilling very hard to get qualified for landgrab that me and two other mates (Trax trax Finnrad was the name of one them) were trying for. We didn't understand that it was way too difficult for three noobs that were barely qualified but it was very fun and gave us a purpose to skill extra :) I have lost the screenshot of the ML-35 but here is another nice UL loot I had 1-2 years later - UL Vain arms (M) :)

index.php

How long have you been in our game?
Since August 2004. The sense of permanence in this game is what always makes me go back. Why play another game and invest time and energy for something that is in essence useless and won't stand the test of time? Many of my friends are still using the same imk2 as back in 2006 and never sold skills (which I unfortunately did several times). Still I have been able to see my avatar grow over time, and it is so nice that you can play this game however you want and in which pace you want. Have a lot IRL some months? Not a problem - just take a break and resume when you have the time again. Have less money IRL? Just downgrade equipment, withdraw and play on a lower level.

I know there is a lot of negativity on this forum but I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for a great game that has stood the test of over 2 decades :) Sure, there are things to improve but such is the case in all games/companies.

View attachment 342143

In the spirit of TWEN and Entropia Universe being around for 20 years, I would love to hear your stories!​

What drew you in to start and continue to play Entropia Universe? What was your first memorable experience? How long have you been in our game?

For those that participate and share their story, there is a chance to win an Entropia Universe thermos! Three winners will be chosen randomly from the participants. The requirement to participate and have a chance to win is that you answer the questions above, but please feel free to elaborate further and tell us more!

To increase your chance to win, share the story you're posting here in the thread to your social media channels together with the hashtags #EntropiaUniverse and #EntropiaGiveaway. In addition to the forum, we will keep an eye on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook.

The winners will be announced on
Monday, May 1st.

Good luck!

----
Disclaimer: The winner will be selected randomly and notified by My|MindArk via Planet Calypso forum private conversation. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 3 days, another winner will be selected. The shipping costs for the giveaway will be covered by MindArk. The prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash or any other item. MindArk reserves the right to cancel, suspend, or modify this giveaway at any time without prior notice. By entering this giveaway, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Started playing on planet calypso back in 2005. I was drawn to the game by the real world economy and this is what has kept me coming back over the years. Played for a couple months took a break until about 2008 at which point made my first deposit and learned more about the game. Around this time got my first global, wasn’t much but it was memorable and I was excited to see my name on the ticker. I didn’t have a lot back then so I didn’t play for too long before the deposit wore out and I took a break until 2023 and have been playing for about 3 weeks and really enjoying some of the changes but missing some of the people and the huge selection of items on the AH. However, this has caused me to venture into new areas I haven’t before like crafting and hoping to stick with it this time.

Yeah randomly since 18 years here and sure oldest medic ingame with lowest skills since MA make skills payable with ek kits the oldschool faps give in 3 years 1 lvl at 51 with daily healing for hours. a sk 24xtimes more skills kit can make my 18 years in 8 month.....Imp gyro 100x as i heard in 1 month.

I share this thread and win it cos i can say all from me cos how to track lol. next joke get a advertisment professional and read and think on text 20 times before post it.

<<
In 2006, my little brother told me he discovered "Project Entropia", a free game where you could make money.
At that thime we were young adults, innocent, in our adult job, so I joined him.
We sweated tiny mobs together during months, it was a big fun to be innocent noobs.
Then he left, as he had a real life (wife + 2 kids).
I continued, and started to deposit, after a while I realized I was just losing my money with not much fun, so I sold everything, then left in 2012.
After a 10+ years break, I'm back, because now I've too much money and I like to spend it in EU.
>>

To increase your chance to win, share the story you're posting here in the thread to your social media channels together with the hashtags #EntropiaUniverse and #EntropiaGiveaway. In addition to the forum, we will keep an eye on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook.
Shit, I don't have any social media channels. :tiphat:
Same here, so I have zero chance to win.

Basically Mindark wants us to do the marketing for them.

------

Anyway, it's a good question to ask now that my avatar turns 17. So next year I'll turn 18 and would be allowed to drink alcohol, but hey, there's still no beer on Calypso... Then again alcohol wasn't my main motivation for PE/EU...

The RCE-thing caught my attraction around 2006 when Entropia hit the news with the space station being sold. I was wondering how that all would work with all the people from around the world participating. So I joined and tried to find and make my way.

One of my older memories are TP-runs and someone opening a wormhole at Camp Phoenix (everyone kept yelling that it would go to the oil rig and I was too much of a coward to go in...).

I never intended to become the world's best hunter or <insert your category here> and I was fine with all being very slow for me. My first "achievement" was sweating enough to buy a gold card (I think it cost 200 PEDs or something).

After my seven years hiatus I started to look at skilling up my avatar. So my first actual achievement was finding a mentor that would give me the time to graduate (it took three!) and to graduate, which was a bit harder than for others as I was a few levels in in hunting already at the start. Skills kept coming in and in the end I finished an Iron-mission on Berycleds that gave me a few PEDs of Anatomy (my apologies to Camp Phoenix) for graduation.

Other achievements are
  • being able to fund my style of playing the game (as bad and awkward as it is)
  • buying an Athenic Ring, Perfected

What drew you in to start and continue to play Entropia Universe? What was your first memorable experience? How long have you been in our game?

1) Thrown here from a giant hand from a previous MMORPG following a disagreement
2) Getting to yellow Lego City Port Atlantis after taking all that armor off
3) 17 years

Social Media:

#MakeEntropiaGreatAgain

Twitter wont let you post more letters than
"Studying RCE MMORPG mechanics led to my discovery of Entropia. I play for the expansive gaming and business ethic affordability.
My first memory is the entire journey and the connecting community.
I've been playing since February 2015.
#EntropiaUniverse and #EntropiaGiveaway"

😑 Do my stories have to all be the exact same length?
Well, the shortened longer story is,

My story of Entropia Universe? I decided to do some research on RCE gaming Environments internationally to see if I could piece together how to create a MMORPG Action Adventure legally. Over the course of the next few days my AD feeds started displaying planet this and planet that, play today. I thought It was just some scam ads but then I decided to see what it was all about and searched the different names on search engines and discovered they were linked to Entropia Universe, and so I read through all the web pages from the Entropia Universe website and thought, this might actually be legit. I created an account and leaped into the game.
The game play and graphics were great and the massive world and immersive game and business oriented economics kept me interested. Assured profitability from gameplay might seem rare, but the losses were minimum. With the size and diversity of the Entropia Universe, I could play the game at equivelant cost to a monthly subscription and there is opportunity to profit everywhere without depositing if someone wanted to do that instead.
My first memorable experience is seeing how comfortable people are with being themselves and seeking interactive connections but most assuredly environments for people to get together, work together, hanging out around the different locations on the individual planets.
I've gone from running a quad taxi service and healing friends to owning a mother ship and running a club and I still find more to do and learn something new all the time. I have been playing Entropia Universe Since February 2015 and it is an experience I wouldn't let go. The help and assistance players have to put themselves into this virtual world is a benefit to its wonder.

#EntropiaUniverse and #EntropiaGiveaway

It is probably an (L) thermos and will decay each use :)

also: Selling EU Limited Edition uber rare thermos @ boxes 689,000,001.99 ped - interesting items for trade include:

- EU limited edition lunchbox
- EU Limited edition back pack
- EU Limited edition crayons

What is the TT value of the thermos? Oh! wait! it's a real world physical item, damn!. I actually took the time to read the competitions stipulations, I'm not on any social media platforms, I purposely stay far away for that stuff, I'm active on a few obscure discord servers, on this forum now and then, I have profiles on a few art and 3d design websites, thats about it, I guess that means I'm out of the competition. All good! personally I think rare ingame items would be better as competition prizes, then winner/s can TT the item or put a highly ridiculous markup on the item and sell it on the in game auction for much needed peds, if they so wish, as most people would love some extra peds on their ped card, myself included. ;)

What drew you in to start and continue to play Entropia Universe?
I started playing Entropia back in 2006, my brother told me about it, apparently some guy bought an asteroid I think and he heard you could make real life money in the game playing for free so he recommend it to me. I was fascinated you could earn real life money in the game for free so I started playing as a non depositor. I wanted to try to be able to play for free. I realized pretty quickly it was gonna be really hard so I only played casually and I took many breaks from the game over the years.

Once I finally could deposit I started playing for longer periods without breaks. I've learned that in order to keep myself playing for a long time without taking breaks is to just make different goals and set up longterm goals to keep myself motivated, and only play with the money I don't need in real life.

It's been a long journey, but I'm proud of how far I've come. I've seen my avatar skills improve over time, and I've reached many milestones. But there's still a long way to go. I'm determined to keep playing and eventually I will reach my longterm goal.

What was your first memorable experience?
A month or so in when swunting at swamp camp I got my first HOF on a Daikiba Young, 363 ped.

How long have you been in our game?
Since 2006. Even though I may have taken many breaks from the game, I always find myself coming back to it. I find it hard to play other games for too long, it feels like I'm wasting my time vs playing Entropia, where your time/money put in gives you actual longterm gains.

#EntropiaUniverse and #EntropiaGiveaway

So many players whose avatars are themselves reaching adulthood. I'm beginning to wonder whether EU shouldn't just remain an active museum piece and take on something like a Victorian style or so.
What is this thermos of which you speak? A container which strives to maintain the temperature of its contents, you say? Just three may be procurred from a far off land, with better chances if we avail ourselves of this new-fangled electronic conversation media? How unfortunate that I do not partake in such circles ... but I wish you goodly success nonetheless ...

Last edited:
The origin
My journey began back in 2008, as my IRL Friend whom's ingame name is Maxxon showed me the game and gave a very interesting introduction to it. Probably the same evening I believe, I registered an account and he met me ingame to give me more information and advice on what to do, how to proceed etc. I got involved in TP-runs (TP-runs or Teleporter Running, is something that was common back in the days, as teleporters were the only way to fast travel securely between locations, and you had to activate a teleporter location before being able to use it, and back then, running was the only way to reach new places) both with and without him that had now become my in-game mentor. Many laughs were exchanged not the least when a mutual aquaintance of ours decided to join us on our TP-run, and Maxxon accidentally headshot her in the back of the head while trying to defend us from an Atrax, so many good laughs back then!
This was a very exciting time back in the old game engine, the graphics as such didn't amaze me being a hardcore gamer in other spheres already (Such as spending quite some time in a semi-serious clan in counter-strike at the time). However the entrance, and beginning of being dumped in the old PA (Port Atlantis, one of the core main cities of Entropia Universe and Planet Calypso from back in the day when there was only one planet, Port Atlantis was the 'beginners hub' so to speak) and learning to navigate and run around felt very interesting, exciting and tickled many of my nerves in just the right way. For the first weeks all I really did was hunt small creatures not far from the old Port Atlantis, there was this outpost where most noobs spent their time skilling up. when not hunting I spent alot of time chatting with other players, browsing the auctions and checking what people were selling and buying. the term "Selling xxx at boxes" was a very frequent thing back in those days.

The next level
Pretty fast I noticed that my pace of game enabled me to level faster than my peers, I kept looking out for the next weapon to use, planning when I can use what and trying to reach new levels as fast as possible. Back then I had little to no active thought about trying to do anything at all "as eco as possible", the "eco"-mindset and burden had not reached me at all, it was more a matter of making the ingame PED do as much work as possible towards skilling up, and back then skilling up was alot harder than it is in this day and age. I remember a chat back then which I had when i had discovered the term "Uber" so I inquired about how likely it is for a person starting now (as I just had) to reach the definition, and was soon told by everyone and their kitchen sink that to become a member of this top group of players, one would have to deposit insane ammounts of money, buy insane ammounts of skills, and play insane ammounts of hours. What this did was only further motivate me to get to the "end game" level, becoming someone knowledgeable, skillfull and influential, in short words an "Uber".

Progression
Whilst skilling up, from the TT Opalo (TT stands for Trade Terminal, and Opalo was a ranged weapon you could buy from said terminal), and going through L-item (L stands for "Limited" i.e an item that you can not repair and is consumed/useless after its initial integrity value has been used up) after L-item progressing more and more, spending time evaluating and purchasing all kinds of equipment be it the 2600 FAP (Fast Aid Pack, healing tool), upgrading armor to gremlin, ghost, jaguar, all my focus was consistently towards having as much fun and progressing as fast as possible non stop, countless hours of countless long sittings but still most of this time, the biggest investments were maybe reaching the "thousands" in PED (Project Entropia Dollars, the in-game currency) over time, as still equipment such as the Adj-FAP (Omegaton Fast Aid Pack, Adjusted: a very saught after medium level healing tool), armor like Tiger, Angel and so forth still seemed eons away because of their Price, altho already very early on i realized WHY items have the pricetag they do, either they were very economical compared to lesser versions, or enabled you to do things you otherwise would not, so the in-game prices have always seemed like they follow a very specific curve of "ammount of people" that want to do "certain things", which again led me to push even harder to get ahead of the pack I was currently a part of, to reach new levels, unlock more content that was perceivable to do and so on.

The unfortunate decisions
Several times during my journey from 2008 to date, I came to the (in hindsight) poor decision of selling everything I own in the game, and chip out any valuable skills and sell them. The last time this happened was somewhere around 2018 and the break from the game lasted a good 3-4 years, altho coming back from the last break, my mindset had changed considerably. I was now not blindly trying to skill as fast as possible regardless of expense anymore, but had switched gears and focus to a more long-time sustainable model which meant implementing some, to me, boring aspects (such as setting up long-term goals, setting up monthly budgets and so on and so on).

The current and future
So here we are, a good 15 years since I first heard of, and started playing this Universe of opportunities, I have been through heaven and hell when it comes to loot, and learned alot during this time. I have skilled from absolute zero, to now over 400k total skill, Focus has changed from always chasing the bigger better gun to a more sustainable praxis of analyzing what I want to do now, what I want to be able to do in the future, and finding a good balance in the interim to continuously progress towards those goals. Every time I log-in to the game I already have atleast a couple of things that are the core reason, be it to continue grinding towards my goals, or Mayhems, to checking auction for certain things, or keeping an eye on trade-chat. And as a cherry on top there's always some fun to be had in society-chat, regional chats (next-island, monria, sverige, etc).

Rounding up
Q: So what lured me in in the first place?
A: Everything was different, the RCE-aspect, the Globals, the Hall of Fame entries, the All-Time-Highs! and ofcourse, personal progress, feeling that every action done had a long-term value and I could progress in my own pace (be it fast or slow) and always feel that every time I log-in my avatar was greater than the times that came before.

Q: Why did I decide to quit (several times!)?
A: Unreasonable expectations from the system to compensate me for my own decisions, chasing HOF's with the expectation that "I was due" (which I obviously was not), and personal pride.

Q: Ultimately, why did I come back and am now here to stay?
A: A personal attitude adjustment (huge contributing factor), shift in focus, and realizement that I can only change things within my control, the rest is a bonus at best.

So that is the story of "Exsolvus Exo Nex", only time will tell what the future will bring within this immense universe called Entropia!

Last edited:
Hello Entropians! I was reading through rookie chat to find out the latest gossip and someone said that this giveaway was happening. So here i am to tell my story. I was checking my email about 5 or 6 years ago and I saw an ad for Entropia Universe. Before downloading the game I had to do some research to find out what this game was. I learned that this game is not meant to be "get rich quick" and so I figured I would give it a try and play without depositing to see if I enjoy playing it. After going through the beginner missions and using all of my ammo and going broke, I decided I would join a society to figure out what to do next and meet new people. I made alot of friends and they told me about going to the webshop and buying the gold pack. I bought it and played for a good week or 2 and really liked playing. I was close to losing my last bit of ammo when suddenly the screen went to first person view, trumpets started playing and gold swirls started coming out of my butt! I looked up and seen my name in the global list. From that moment on i was hooked! I have been to every planet, including F.O.M.A., Monria, Ark Moon and Crystal Palace. I have had alot of great memories in the time that I have spent playing and I hope to have many more!

My story starts in 2004 at fort ithaca,

I promise I will add more soon™. So far, this meets the criteria to be randomly selected, so... all good.

Update as promised:

My story starts in 2004 at fort ithaca, I remember spawning there, which was a tough spot to start in since it was surrounded by Atrox and robots. The Port Atlantis server was too crowded (because of the Treasure Island sale advertisement pulling in new players), so I was kinda forced to spawn at Ithaca. I didn't realize until later that it was because of all the new players. Excited by the possibilities, I set out my long journey and started "running atrox for 10 ped/hour @ Ithaca". This meant taking agro and running circles around a hunter, the mobs did not change agro back then. After making my first peds that way, I started venturing into the nearby towns such as fort argus, and started camping the cornies at the beach.

As I played, I learned to navigate the planet (mostly as a ghost haha), it wasn't without its challenges. I remember encountering some truly terrifying creatures that killed me over and over again (spiders....). But I persevered, and made friends along the way. It wasn't until I reached Port Atlantis that I really started to learn more about the game from other players and I got my first mentor "Barry KGK Black". I remember the old Acid lakes close to PA where people were AFK skilling 24/7 with imp/mod faps. And later sweating at the crashed ships near Camp Phoenix "Selling sweat @ boxes", and the first big robot attack we had there.

At some point, I got bored of the game and I took my fair share of breaks. I've also chipped completely out twice, and used that money to pay for my study at the conservatoire, so my overall stats aren't super impressive. Despite all the ups and downs, the best thing about playing this game for all these years have been all the amazing people I've met. Joining various societies allowed me to meet even more like-minded players. So to all of you, thank you! Without the players and playerbase, this game wouldn't be as amazing as it is.

Now, I don't have super high-end gear, I've seen "the sky is falling" many times, but I've never given up. And with more planets and systems becoming available, I'm looking forward to seeing what the future holds. Who knows what amazing people and things we're going to see with Unreal.

The absolutely most important thing is the many friends I made. Over the years, many of them quit the game, but some stuck around, and I still talk to them every now and then.. Despite facing many challenges and setbacks, and a couple of breaks, I push through, driven by my passion for the game and most of all;the friendships. I watched as Project Entropia evolved and grew into Entropia Universe over the years, with new areas to explore, new creatures to battle and new skills to master (Ahh, the egg...).

Now years later, when I look back on my journey so far, it's cool knowing that we experienced something truly unique and special. I kinda grew up with Project Entropia, learning valuable IRL skills and making lifelong friends along the way. You could say Entropia saved me in a way, but let's not get too personal.

Special thanks goes all the members of these soc's below + all the other people that are excluded. Won't add names because i will for sure forget some... Robnap (rest in peace) and Aboo The Fish specifically then :)<3 :D Thanks for making this yourney awesome!
- The Drow My first soc :) I got my first HoF in my first month playing which was a 358 ped feffoid thanks to them (team).
- Knights of Lootius second soc i've been in. Had Aloooot of fun with you people and thanks for all the good hunts we had.
- Fat Rats 3rd soc. Met great people and had a huge amount of hunts with this soc
- Natural Born Killers Even tho I didn't do alot of soc hunts at the time, I still liked being there.
- Silly Underground Family My second family, was leader for a loooong time. :)
- illuminox My current soc, a small group of awesome people!

It was a cold and rainy day at the end of 2010 when I finished Mass Effect 2. One of the best games I have ever played till this day. I was looking for a similar experience when I stumbled upon an article on Yahoo! Website about this Sci-Fi virtual universe or as people from Earth call it now - the metaverse, where everything can be bought and sold for real money and there was no subscription fee. I tried the game, there was no tutorial back in 2010, but that made the game even more interesting. Like in Half-Life you start with no armor, no weapon and no clue who you are and what you are supposed to do. Slowly you gain skills and understand more and more about the game lore and mechanics. The first town, Port Atlantis reminded me of the buildings in Mass Effect.
Entropia+2012-03-24+08-46-30-102.jpg

But before Port Atlantis there was the island.
I woke up on the beach of some mysterious island with nothing else but just a few old orange clothes on my back. I couldn’t remember my name or why I was there. Suddenly I was attacked by a strange creature - half frog, half crocodile.
I ran for my life and just a second before the creature got me I saw an axe next to a tree. I grabbed it and cut the head of the Tripudion. From that day on, people started calling me AxeMurderer. The worst part of my amnesia was that I had to start learning everything from the beginning - how to shoot, how to mine and how to make my own weapons and armor to be able to survive here. The mystery was getting even bigger because every day I saw more and more people with erased memories running around the island. I had to find the answer to this mystery. The first place to search for answers was planet Calypso. But to be able to do anything I needed money. So I started working the worst jobs in the universe. I collected sweat and dung from animals to sell it to rich and sick people.
Entropia+2012-04-16+20-16-09-555.jpg

Then I started working as a bartender at the bar in Jason Centre selling beer to colonists until it was blown by the Wastelanders.
Entropia+2012-04-16+15-46-15-742.jpg

I even worked as a repairman for mechs.
My skills were noticed by some hot shots and soon I was working as a repairman on the Mothership Event Horizon. With the money I made I bought two shops on Calypso and started smuggling illegal weapons from Rocktropia.
main+shop+outside.jpg

main+shop+inside+1.jpg

Now I travel from town to town, from planet to planet looking for answers. Everywhere I go someone needs my help to kill some creatures or robots, to find some crystals or something else. And I am doing all this quest hoping that I will find more clues about what is happening.
Calypso scientists discovered a new habitable planet in the universe. The name of the planet is Cyrene. I am sure there will be a lot of people with no skills and no memories and they will need help to learn how to fight the monsters living on that planet. And this is why I am preparing my ship to fly there and help them …

sweet 16... i just realized my avatar is borne 23 April 2007.
i recall sweating with bare hands, i loved it more than actual VSE
i recall no vechicles and running in groups to discover teleporters
4 months later i relocated in another town and my colleague made me play WOW... 13 years as a dwarf warrior tank.
January 2021 i came back with my 11k skill points and level 10 pistoleer
my love for numbers and theorycrafting made me addict
4 conversations with 3 of highest level players and all the important points were clear...
i was lucky that they accepted to pass me "hints" , it helped me heaps
the rest is everlasting grindfest

In 2006, I was looking for another game to play. I had narrowed my search to 2 games, but in the end, Entropia appealed to me more. So I made my character, spawned onto Calypso and...

Had NO clue what I was doing. This was the first MMO I ever played, so I was unsure of what to do, where to go, or anything. But, I took my first step out of the vehicle we spawned in back then, explored, learned and never looked back.

The reason I chose Entropia at the time was because it seemed to offer more choice. The other game was technically bigger and more famous, but it seemed one dimensional.

It turned out I was correct. Entropia offered me more choices and things to do than I could have imagined. Hunting? Which creature(s)? Which goals? Would I hunt for profit? To skill a certain hunting action? Which weapon would I choose? Lasers? Swords? Mining. Would I try to focus on mining one specific area, or use it to explore the wide landscape? Craft new items and sell them, or keep them for my personal use? Should I buy property and become a landlord? Should I focus on buying things cheap and selling for profit? Pets. Events. Social activities. When I finished one goal, I'd just move to something else. Getting bored? Readjust and move to the next activity. And don't get me started on the multiple planets to choose from. The list of choices is as close to endless as I could hope.

And those choices have only increased over the years. Currently, my list of ingame goals is so long that if this game doesn't expand or change at all from this point, I'd still have enough to keep me occupied for the next 20 years.

My first memorable experience was literally my first experience. The first few days, trying to learn this game to begin with. Since then, I've had so many fun times because of this game.

I've enjoyed so many activities
  • Played almost every single day for the past ~17 years
  • Had fun and interesting loot occur many times
  • Learned so many ingame skills
  • Gathered so many items
  • Participated in so many fun events.
  • Hosted/ran my own events both ingame and on the forum
  • Became a moderator for the largest game forum for many years
  • Met many fun players and MA staff IRL, due to being part of the old ambassador program, and many get-togethers that occurred.
  • And generally had a blast over the years.

All within the limits of whatever money and time I chose to put into this game over the years. Some people have more money and/or time, and that's great for them. I'm glad they are having fun too, or making money, or both.

Have I agreed with everything that's happened in this game? Of course not. But no game is perfect, especially after ~20 years of change and growth.

In the end, I still have fun in this Universe, and so I'll continue to do so for the foreseeable science fiction future Entropia has made.

Last edited:
For over 12 years, I have been exploring the vast and immersive world of Entropia Universe, and I have fallen deeply in love with this place. It's more than just a game; it's a place where I can be whoever I want to be, go wherever I want to go, and do whatever I want to do. My avatar sits at 350+ HP and has over 560k skills, and to me this is an accomplishment. I am by no means done, I have a lot more goals to achieve and many more skills to build up. But I am proud of what MsPudding has become these past 12 years.

The real cash economy aspect of the game fascinated me and is initially why I decided to download the game and start playing. It was amazing to think that I could earn real money in a virtual world. It was a tough lesson finding out that making money in here wasn't so easy :LOL: Entropia has been full of many tough lessons, and there are several parallels I have drawn from the game that apply and have helped me in the real world.

Some of my most memorable experiences in the game were participating in noob team hunts. I used to organize groups of Opalo hunters of 8 or more back at the Twin Peaks TP. I'd shout in the public channel for a good half hour trying to organize a group of brave enough hunters. We'd grab our Sollomate Opalos and go out and hunt these huge level 20+ mobs like Atrox or Allophyl. I remember the sheer excitement of looting an ESI as a group, and how happy all of us were that we'd be able to cover the hunt, repair our armor, and maybe have a little left over.

Entropia Universe is a game that has allowed me to form bonds and connections with people from all over the world. The community aspect of the game is truly one of its best assets. I have made countless friends over the years who have become more than just in-game acquaintances.

I've spent the last 12 years honing my hunting, crafting, mining, pill trading skills, and managing my land areas; and yet the sheer scope and depth of Entropia Universe always leaves me with new challenges to conquer and content to explore.

As I've journeyed across the various planets, I am constantly in awe by the incredible scale of everything. The community and sandbox feel of Entropia is what has kept me here all this time. When management over at MindArk changed 6-7 years ago or so, I gained more trust in the team and the direction the game was being taken in. I'm excited to see what Unreal brings, and I'm excited to be part of the next journey and chapter of this game.

I make my own path and blaze my own trail, forging my way through uncharted territories.

EU is more than just a game; it's a place of wonder, adventure, and endless possibilities. I plan on continuing to explore its vast and beautiful universe for many years to come, discovering new secrets, making new friends, and enjoying every moment of this incredible journey.

Cheers,
-MsPudding

(Removed - Good luck to all!)

Last edited:
My story in Entropia began in 2006/2007.
MMO's with graphics was kind of new back then, reading a few articles in magazines, listing all these great and wonderful worlds you could be a part of.

Yes, Second Life was my 1st foray in to MMO's, meeting hundreds if not thousands of people all together in 1 spot, was mind boggling to me.
Creativity aside (I did try to build houses, cars etc in second life) it was missing something, something I later learned to be fun.

Then I stumbled upon this game hidden away in the far reaches of the Internet called Entropia Universe.

What got me hooked was people willing to buy things I had looted (yup, sweat, a few plants and stones) which let me explore beyond the boundaries of the safe and comforting surroundings of Port Atlantis and Swamp Camp. The guy on the box really did buy my sweat, which allowed me to purchase a gun from the trade terminal with a few shots of ammunition, to hunt the extremely tough Beryclad & Daikaba youngs, which garnered a little loot, which the guy on the box at Port Atlantis again brought.

A little further north of swamp camp was a little hill, that spawned the fearsome Molisk young and now and then mature, (next to the stables, just before the river) that always seemed to get the better of me when I dared fire a single bullet at them. Always taking me back to the revive, where I would run back haphazardly to finish the little blighters (often took 2 or more attempts) off.
When one day, one of these uber fearsome Molisks after being killed and looted gave me a golden swirl of 7471 peds, which took a moment to sink in, exactly what I had looted, never experiencing the golden swirl, or any swirl for that matter before.
It was then, I dared to start exploring the huge continent only to find there was another continent that was more dangerous and deadly than the 1st. If I thought the Molisk's was fearsome and deadly, boy, was I in for a surprise.

The rest as they say, is history, been hooked since.
Also, the music at the time was a real draw to the game, it matched the environment to a T, and I always turned the volume up when a song which I liked, started to play again. (Well done Lars, we miss your tunes).

Probably not a contender, but it's my story for my early years in Entropia. A time with fond memories of friendships made, friends lost (which saddens me) and friends to this day.

Edit
I still think this critical damage from an Eomon Patriarch is the highest crit in the game, only MA can confirm (in signature below)

Last edited:

Here is my part 1of 2 submission for the Entropia Universe contest to win a EU themed thermos. I wanted to make it two parts so that I could answer their three questions in part 1 briefly and go into more detail about my EU story in part 2 tomorrow!

I did consider typing some of this out for people who want to read and not watch. I may also do that tomorrow when I have more time.

#EntropiaUniverse #EntropiaGiveaway

My wife thinks I am crazy about wanting a thermos so badly. Yeah, it "just holds water" but it also potentially touched the blessed hands of Mindark. 😆

I genuinely hope you win all three David, it would be the 'Twen' way. :D

is the Thermos filled with AQUAVIT ? in case i could break my no-gamble code....

That Flask recall me the "BS Gurus" of dropshipping on Youtube advertisement... :)
Thermos is obviously filled with skill juice from Cyrene.. or sweat from MA's office! Maybe the first is made from the second fluid - who knows!

This Entropia Universe video is the second part in my submission for the Entropia Universe contest where you tell your story for a chance to win an awesome EU themed thermos! Today I wanted to tell my origin story for Entropia Universe; explain why I started to play and why I continue to play this amazing game 18 years later. Entropia Universe is truly something special!

#EntropiaUniverse #EntropiaGiveaway

Status
Back