The 50% amp rule - change it pls!

Ah well maybe this thread was a bad idea after all.

It just feels so wrong,
- having the best gun in game, and not being able to use any amp better then the mid level shear pro600. Maybe your math is better then mine, idk
This is kind'a ruining fun and game experience for me, isn't that against EULA? :p
Having the best gun in game, and not being able to outdamage other guns lol

On top of that, the new improved and hypercharged evils... will make this only worse for me I guess.
bigger UL amps for Foerippers.
That means when I go to an event, I'll have to use shear pro600's and won't be able to compete with a foe + hypercharged evil amp, which is even repairable lol.
Ah hell fuck events, I better spent my money irl. Anyone interested in the AMM?

Well theres now a hypercharged a204 which I would assume works on a modmerc, havent seen any hypercharged evils tho. And still for every 1 dmg a laser amp has when put on a modmerc a BLP amp needs 1.5-2 dmg when put on a slower BLP gun just to compare. So if theres a 30 dmg laser amp then a 50-60 dmg BLP amp would be needed to compete with it (if the laser amp is on a MM) so theres still hope for the MM in terms of dps i guess:).

I do understand the nature of this measure, although in my opinion putting an A104 on an opallo brings more decay for MA, then putting no amp on a bigger gun.
I'm pretty sure that the reason MA introduced this limit, was to balance the eco impact of the economically unbalanced Omegaton A-series amps. (Yes I've used Opalo+A204 too - Not only ubers did that)

If their purpose had been to limit the DPS on fast guns, I would have agreed that times has changed enough for that rule to be updated.

But the effective spread of dmg/pec in the game is much lower today than it was back then, so the change in eco would have much more impact now. I know you said 50%->100% and not completely free, but it would still affect eco a lot.

I suppose it could make sense to allow other amps to boost dmg with 100% and keep the A-amps at 50%. Though it would be a bit messy and weird.
But how would you like that change?

HK110+overcharged a204 FTW !

Vedder just beat me to it, but OP is wrong in the assumption the change was because of dps of overamped opalo. It was because of dpp of overamped opalo. Above quote gives a vision of the new horror should they completely abolish amp limits...

Anyway think OP is sufficiently clear now that the outcome wouldn't really be as originally thought, anyway.

Assuming both weapons are maxed won't you get more misses / evades due to having to fire more often with the fast weapon.

No. I wish people would stop perpetuating that long-dead myth.

Unless you are talking about missing with your weapon and the answer is obviously yes but dpp and dps isn't affected asymmetrically by the rate of fire lol.

point of this thread - "my extremely badass gun isnt badass enough *sob*"

Pretty much.

Naomi, where, at any time, did you see it posted/stated/announced that the MM was the 'biggest, baddest gun" in all of Entropia, and would remain that way until the end of days?

MA changes things, always have - always will. Be GLAD, in my opinion, they didn't phase out Imk2 and MM in one fell swoop, but took nearly a DECADE to do so. You, like everyone in all other categories of skill, are going to have to *gasp* adapt to a new level of weaponry.

I truly foresee 250~300dps+ weaponry coming out within the next few years, and the mobs that require that high a single target dps x12 (or more, depending on team size/settings!). MM was bound to fall out of the running, although their lifespan in EU has remained due to both eco and tiering capability.

Although, the only suggestion I DO have, is if a weapon is tier-damage enhanced, you should be able to utilize the new number as your base, allowing larger amps at the increased cost already associated with it (until that stack of enhancers break, then it'd be overcharged and wasted).

i did like the mph and 105, and loved my old adjm2722 and 105, its not like newbs are going to be putting bbc's on opalos or anything.

Back