The Angus Logs

Fsteckler

Alpha
Society
The Knights of Entropia
Angus Mac Macalisdair
Hello everyone! As my society m8s know I have a log on our society forums in which I recount my day to day activites in Entropia. One day I may start posting them here. But for now I wanted to share a new section of my logs in which I recount, with some added flair, what I have experienced upon arriving at Calypso. I will continue the stories as they come to me and as my further adventures on Calypso unfold. I hope you all enjoy it!

and now....

In the Beginning...Man created......Man

As the dreams start to fade, those dreams that are so vivid yet slip into a vague memory and then just slip away altogether as you are pulled into conciseness....I become aware of voices...at first all I can tell is that its a mans voice and then a womans.

....test on...DNA are green.........coming around.........sir?.......sir?.....si.....
...I dont know whats wrong....wait, look at the readouts...........
Sir? Can you......me?..........
Mr. Macalisdair, can you hear me?

I open my eyes, they seem a little crusty, eyelashes sticking together a bit. I lay there gazing up at the ceiling trying to focus, but my eyes only see a blur. I am very slow to move, I want to lift my arms and rub my eyes, but nothing seems to happen.
I become aware of 2 blurry shapes and a voice...a female voice. "Mr. Macalisdair?.....Angus can you hear me?....doctor I think he is coming around..."
I try to say " yes I can" but all that comes out of my mouth is " agg e in" My mouth doesnt seem to want to work.
I hear the female voice say "Doctor, I think he is responding." I then hear another deep male voice say "good..his stats look good, prep him for extraction"
Extraction? What the hell does that mean?
I get the sensation that what I am laying on starts to lean forward into an upright position. I should be sliding down but I am not. I feel a strange sensation of something pulling at my back, kinda like I have something attached into my back.
My vision is starting to discern more as a female shape appears in front of me.
"OK Mr Macalisdair see if you can put your arms on my shoulders."
It takes a couple of tries but I finally get my arms up on her shoulders.
"Good, now lean on me as we disconnect you."
I lean forward on her. She starts to struggle under my weight.
"My arnt you a big fellow"
Then I feel what is holding me just give way.
I almost overwhelm her but she manages to stand her ground.
In a strained voice she say " All..right Angus, see.....if..you ..can put your weight..on your feet."
I drag my feet under me and steady myself.
"Good..now lets see if you can stand on your own"
At that point she started to back away.
I start to have a moment of panic as my knees buckle and wobble..but in a moment they steady.
"nicely done Angus, now see if you can walk over to that chair."
I dont realize it till now but my vision has improved quite a bit. I gaze over to where the nurse was pointing and saw a well worn red leather chair. Its arms showed signs of many years of use.
I took a step and then another, with each step I was growing more confident.
Within a few moments I made it to the chair and managed to flop down into it.
"Now that wasn't very gracefull now was it?"
Through slurred speech I manged to say "Wha....where am I?"
The nurse said "You are on the Hospital Starship Lexus. We are orbiting Calypso"
the nurse paused and said "The ship you where arriving on was attacked by Pirates...and there were no survivors.."
What the hell does that mean I thought.
"As luck would have it your ship was close enough to a Revival Station that everyones DNA was transfered to it."
"Wha...what? Transfered? What does that mean?"
The nurse smiled and brushed a lock of hair that had fallen into my eyes.
"We were able to reconstitute you. You may have memory issues, but that will pass."
Stuttering I manage to get out "y y you..mean I am a ...a...clone?"
"Yes, and welcome to Calypso!"

Note: Hope you like my ficton, I will add to them as I get the ideas. The next part coming soon.

Captain Angus Mac Macalisdair of the Knights of Calypso... signing off..

Angus's Entropia Log Interlude 2

note: this is a continuing addition to the log in which I recount things of my past.

and now...

Where am I?

A clone.....I thought..great....my head feels like its stuffed with cotton. I find it very hard to focus on anything.
The nurse leads me down a great metal hallway into a room that is filled with small metal beds with a very thin mattress on them. As I look about the room is see about 15 other people in various states. Most seems a bit confused, just like me.
"Here you go Angus, you can rest here."
She leads me to one of the beds and I slowly sit down on it.
"I bet you are hungry..ill have someone bring you something to eat."
The nurse left out the doors we came in.
Looking at the people in the room, I had the feeling like I had seen some of them before, but I really wasn't sure so I sat quietly until a man in a white came in with a tray fill with something.
"Hello, Mr. Macalisdair, Im George and I have brought you some food. It may not be much but we find its easiest to eat after you all come here."
I looked at the tray he put down. In the center of it was a small metal bowl with what looked like oatmeal. I leaned forward and took a smell...it didn't have any.
"Its a pudding made from some fruit from down below...I think its Carroot. Enjoy!"
George walked off and I stared at the Carroot Pudding for a while before poking it with a spoon I found on the tray.
I took a bite and....it tasted like wet cardboard with something medicinal in it.
I was able to choke down half of it before I got very sleepy. I lay down on the bed and was out like a light.

Waking up I felt oddly rested. I felt like no time had passed at all.
As I sat up I noticed that allot of the people in the room were now dressed in orange jumpsuits. I looked at the end of my bed and sure enough there was a shirt and pants (orange) and a pair of shoes. I tried my best to get these clothes on with flashing anyone..but i don't think i was very successful, as I heard some giggling from behind, coming from a group of 3 women.

Shortly after I got into my orange jumpsuit. George walked back into the room.
"OK..Attention everyone! Attention..I have an announcement to make."
"The shuttle going down to the planets surface leaves in 30 minutes. Please get dressed if you havn't already and go through the green door on the other side of the room. You will receive further instructions there."
"Have a good flight everyone and good luck!"
A couple of people started to raise their hands like they had a question, but George just turned about and headed back from where he came from.

A couple of people started to head through the green door, so I thought I might as well do the same thing, as I might get some answers to what is going on here. I got up and I must admit, I felt OK. I still was a little fussy headed and couldn't remember much, but I was sure that my name was Angus Macalisdair....but that was all I was sure of. Heading through the door I was met by a rather thin man in a tan uniform.
"Name?" he ask
"..ah er...Angus....Angus Macalisdair...sir?"
He looked at me and seemed to react funny to the sir comment.
" Allright Mr. Macalisdair, you are assigned seat 11254. Please proceed down the corridor to your left and find your assigned seat. Move along...move along."
As I turned to head down the corridor, behind I heard the thin man say "Name?" and then someone mumbling his reply.
The corridor was smooth metal with giant red arrows pointing in the direction I was going. At the end of the hallway was a small room with 3 doors. Standing next to an open door behind a little podium was a cheerful looking blond woman.
I walked up to her and she smiled at me and asked
"What's your seat number honey?
"ah...11254" I replied
"Great, proceed down the ramp and once your enter the spacecraft keep to the right. Your seat is half way down on the right."
"Thanks" I mumbled.
The ramp kind of looked like you were in a large accordion. At the end of the ramp I stepped into a small lobby area where another smiling woman was directing traffic.
Ahead of me was a portly fellow. He walked up to her and she asked.
"Seat number please?"
He replied "11253." Oh great he is sitting next to me, I hope there is room between the seats.
"Down the side about half way." She answered
I stepped up and said "11254"
She smiled and said follow that fellow, and gave me a wink.
As i got into the area with the seats, all I saw was a sea of people in orange jumpsuits...and yes they were packed in like sardines. Great just great!
I follow behind the portly guy until we get to our seats.
He then notices that I am trying to get to the seat next to his.
"Ah excuse me m8, is that your seat?"
I replied "I think so."
"Great, they tell me my name is Bob, what did they tell you your name was?"
"Hi, Im Angus"
"Nice to meetchay matey!"
It turns out that Bob is a talker. For the next hour more people shuffled onto the ship and found there seats. And all the while Bob kept talking, and what was strange is that like me he couldn't remember much, but somehow his mouth kept going.

Eventually a couple of flight staff came down the isles and made sure everyone was buckled in.
Then an overhead speaker bleared to life and scared us all half to death.
"HELLO EVERYONE!" a cheery voice said through the speakers.
"The flight crew hopes everyone is comfortable. We will be departing the Hospital Starship Lexus in about 5 minutes. Our flight down to the surface should take only 30 minutes. We will see you on the ground..enjoy your flight"
After 5 minutes passed the lights dimmed and we all felt a little shutter and then nothing. This was the only time Bob was not yabbing in my ear. But then he started up again.
I really didn't sense that we were moving until we entered the planets atmosphere. Then the ship started to jiggle. As we descended farther and farther the sharking became worse. Then a loud "Boom" followed by a metal twisting sound happened.
The ship started to shake violently from side to side.
I looked up towards were some flight attendant were sitting and noticed they looked a little panicky and were starting to cry.
Cry? now thats not good. I don't want to die....again.
The overhead speakers blared to life, scaring us even further
In a very flat monotone voice "It seems we are having a little engine trouble. Nothing to worry about. So sit back and try and relax we will be on the ground shortly"
Then somewhere behind me someone said..
"or in the ground!"
Nervous laughter erupted around him.
This ship seemed to be shaking a little more and I looked back at teh flight attendants and now they were holding each other with tears streaming down their faces.
Now that is really...REALLY! not good.
But them the shaking started to subside and a collective gasp came from everyones mouths.
We might make it after all. I then became aware that Bob was very quiet and pale.
"Hey Bob you all right?"
He turned his head and looked at me with his bulging eyes.
"....nnn...nnnnnnNNN...NO!"
I then became aware of a very bad smell. I looked around and then it dawned on me and I looked at Bob.
He cut is eyes my way and very quietly said.."..sorry..."
Great, just great!
As the flight smoothed out the attendants stopped hugging each other and wiped their tears from their faces.
"Attendants please prepare for touchdown" came from the speakers overhead.
Just then the sounds of engines, or engine blasted to life and I could feel the gforces increase as our decent started to slow.
It seemed like the father down we went the loader the engine sounded. Then a violent impact and all went quiet.
The lights then became brighter and the Flight attendants got up out of there seats and the overhead speakers came to life
"I am happy to say that we have landed safely."
"Welcome to Port Atlantis!"

note: Stay tuned as the adventure is just getting started!

Captain Angus Mac Macalisdair of the Knights of Calypso... signing off...

This rocks!
I've read it on our Forum, really good!

+REP!

I did not see this until today. Great story - I hope you keep writing like this.

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 1

I have been doing a log on the Knights of Calypso's forums for a couple of months now. Back in early June I started adding creative fluff to my adventures. I have decided to share these adventures with you, the good EF reader.
There is some mining/hunting/crafting data in with the stories but the data will always be a month or so old. Some of the info may be changed from the original as it may contain info for our society eyes only.

Without further ado...we join our intrepid adventurer in progress.....

6-11-2008
The Sqwishy Kind...

note* I will be trying to add a little more flavor into my log by injecting some roleplaying which will appear in italics. Other comments and data will remain in regular fonts.

I woke up on one of the benches inside Sakura City Trade Center. Man I need to get an apartment as soon as I can, this is killing my back! I checked my wrist com and checked out some of the forum messages from the EF channel.
I noted a advertisement for LA 45, also known as Miners Mountain. Lots a good comments ill need to check it out. It seems to be located SW of Oshiri beyond the Molisk LA at 3200,35000. Ores and Enmatter seem to me abundant and there are no indigenous life forms in this area....a peaceful mining, I like the thought of that!

A quick check of my Bomb and Probe levels showed me it was once again time to dump some product. I dialed up Wyn to see if he was available and he was. I shuffled out to the TP (man the sun is bright today!) and headed to the nice air conditioned TP portal at Twins Mall. I found Wyn in the auction room of the 3rd floor. I quick exchange gave me the peds I needed to resupply my mining gear.

>>Ores sold (as Ingots)and Enamtter (in a refinded state): 937 Oil, 15 Melchi Crystal, Garcen Lubricant, 97 Lysterium, 2 Cumbriz, 2 Caldorite and 1 Gazzurdite with a tt value of 25.52 peds. Sold all for 26.15 or 102% (too much low% items and not enough high% :( )

So with the infusion of peds I considered where to mine next. I recalled some conversations about where super miner Jeff squall mines, which was North and South of Fort Argus. So back out into the outback I go. Upon arriving at Ft Agrus I noted the nice cool sea breeze coming from the North. Looked like some fog was on the horizon but by the time I got there it had burned off.

So I wanted to try a slightly different tactic in mining. I would drop a bomb, run for 10 seconds and then drop a probe and repeat, bomb, probe etc.. Seemed to work really well out here, I will have to try it again at other locations.

So for the first run I headed N then NE - E and then S and back West. One of the interesting thing i came upon was an area where the dirt gave way to what looks like a man made (alien?) subsurface. What is so special about this area? I found the same thing on the other side of the mountain. weird!

Mini Run 1
>>Mining Results:
Ore V - - - - III IV - IV - 40% Hit Ratio Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped
Enmatter II - - - - - - III II - II - - III - II - - - III II - - II - - 36% Hit Ratio Note I am using a EF-103 finder unamped
Ore finds
III Cumbriz @ 263m
V Belkar Stone @ 310m
III Lysterium Stone @ 244m
IV Iron Stone @ 177m
IV Iron Stone @ 304m
Enmatter finds
II Crude Oil @ 203m
III Crude Oil @ 333m
III Melchi Water @ 234m
II Crude Oil @ 313m
II Crude Oil @ 391m
III Melchi Water @ 218m
II Melchi Water @ 438m
III Crude Oil @ 369m
II Crude Oil @ 345m
II Crude Oil @ 384m

Enjoying the scenery of the Valley headed back east towards Argus I didnt see the warrior Generation 1 Bot until I actually ran into it (I think I need to pay attention to the radar better ;) ) He cut me down pretty quick :(

After the white glow of revival receded I found my self at the far outpost NE of Ft Argus. But that was OK, it was on my route so it actually saved me time..and I continued to drop probes.

Mini Run 2
>>Mining Results:
Enmatter III - II II - - II - - 44% Hit Ratio Note I am using a EF-103 finder unamped
Enmatter finds
III Crude Oil @ 364m
II Crude Oil @ 205m
II Crude Oil @ 326m
II Crude Oil @ 310m

On my way back to Fort Argos I noticed some traffic on the TKoC comm channel. It was Rake asking is anyone was holding armor for the society. I sent him a message that I was collecting Armor and other small good for the TKoC Giveaway events and told him to meet me at Ft Argus.

+ rep to him for donating 5 pieces of male and female pixie armor to the cause. Once again a great example of a very knightly deed!

Rake asked for a suggestion of what to hunt today and I suggested Combibo's as they have been good to me. As he headed off I thought, well i'm down to a couple probes so I should see if he wanted a hunting buddy, and he did. We met in PA and headed to the Stables North of PA. Man it smells out here, too many critters dropping too much poop, and not enough good poop, like the kind you can collect and mix with Growth Molecules to make Fertilizer. No its the sqwishy kind that you cant quite pick up...yuck.

So we hunted and I ended up dropping the last of my Probes and although we didnt get any super great loot I did get 1 more Enmatter claim right next to the stables (under a pile of poo! Just kiddin :wink: )

Mini Run 3
>>Mining Results:
Enmatter IV - - 33% Hit Ratio Note I am using a EF-103 finder unamped
Enmatter finds
IV Crude Oil @ 437m

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 342 > 354
Drilling 336 > 343
Geology 291 > 301
Mining 309 > 313
Prospecting 287 > 293

So once I ran out of ammo I knew it was time to head back to my favorite city..Sakura! I wished Rake luck and headed on my way. ahh back in Sakura City I headed back into the temperature controlled room of the Trade center. I sorted through my collected goodies I put aside 38 Oil and 38 Lysterium so I could do a minor Basic Filter crafting run and then call it a night.

>>Crafting Results: Basic Filters, Did 38 clicks (1 Lysterium Ingot, 1 container of Oil) I ended up with 90 Basic Filters, 6 Metal Residue and 16 energy Matter Residue and my BP QR went from 26.7 to 27.0

Hope you liked my new format, let me know what you think, good or bad!

Captain Mac signing off...

Last edited:
The Angus Logs, The EF version # 2

6-12-2008
Atrox Dreams

As I rubbed the sleep from my eyes I could hear the sound of early risers working away on the crafting machines. They always start early at the Sakura City Trade Center, of course you might say, they actually never stop.
Then all of a sudden I was jerked fully awake at the sound of angry Atrox!! ANGRY ATROX ARE IN THE TRADE CENTER!!
Then the room erupted in laser fire as several crafters whipped out an assortment of Carbines and Pistols and started
blasting away at these fearsome beasts. I initially dived for cover and fumbled to get my carbine out. Once it was firmly in my hand I jumped up and joined the others in dispatching these vile beasts. Luckly no one was hurt badly and no one had to make an unnecessary trip a new feet to a revival station :wink:

With the Center secured I did my normal comm check and inventory tally....hmm low on peds and no bombs or probes. I quick check on my personnel finder showed that Wyn was not currently available. Looking back at my inventory I noted my pile of over 6K Force Nexus.....I need to Sweat...

Resigned to sweat with about 600 rounds for my Opalo carbine I set out to East Scylla Mountains. Going through a TP is like opening a door to the out side, new smells, the air feels different. I especially like this area high up on the mountain tops, where all you can hear is the wind and the occasional moan of the Snables and Exos. I always keep my eye out here as I have found allot of Dung, Fruit and Stones.

So weaving through the sparely situated trees I started to pick out my first targets. Coming up to an area I call the bowl I noted many High Maturity Snablesnots, including Dominant and Guardians. 1 or 2 tries at sweating is all I can get off these ones as they get irritated rather quickly. I sweated and blasted my way through 5 or 6 of them but only got a small amount of sweat and found almost no goodies in their nesting areas. I moved onto the younger varieties and they were in the same state.

I found this very interesting as checking EntroiaTracker I found that Hunting, Mining and Crafting were all in the negatives.. and my findings while hunting really supported this. Very poor loot. Today was not the day for profit.

Since I was now running low on ammo I thought I needed to head back to civilization soon. Not long after that thought I ran out of ammo while blasting away at a Young exo :oops: So there I was, staring at a very angry Exo full of holes that I had put there. Glancing at the ammo level indicator on the Opalo I knew there was only one thing I could do....RUN FOR IT!! I whipped around and promptly stepped in Snable poop, and almost fell down. Scrambling I got my legs under me and made a bee line straight towards the Scylla TP.

As all I do on this planet is run, with a occasional chip TP, I have gotten very good at running and soon outdistanced the angry Exo. As they are very dumb creatures, he lost interest in me and stopped running. No doubt to lick his wounds, eat some grass and take a nap.

As I arrive at the TP I thought that it would be nice to sleep under the stars tonight. I headed to the raised platform by the mobile Service building and got comfortable. I like these raised platforms and bugs and snakes dont normally mess with me when I am up here.

and here I lay drifting of to sleep, slipping into a nice dream of finding that elusive ATH HOF....

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 3

6-14-08
RUN, DIE, RUN DIE, RUN
Another small VU update..interesting, I wonder what they are tweaking?

As I slowly came out of a deep...DEEP slumber, I felt like something was odd. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and gazed across the fields of Scylla. Man I slept in my armor again! I took off the well worn Goblin harness and stretched. I turned onmy comm unit and I couldnt beleive what I saw....I slept through yesterday! Wow, cant make a living sleeping all the time. I inspected my armor for damage from the last time I was out. Hmm a few acid pits from the Snables, couple of dents from the Exos and...wait whats this....ahh man, while I was alseep someone had written "shoot me" on the back of my harness.... :roll: Great, its like being back in grade school.

So after eating a little I checked to see if Wyn was available ... and he wasnt. So I gathered my goods and headed to twins. Steeping out of the teleporter on the other side the sounds of the bustling amrket at twins increased in volume until it reached a symphony of human interaction. I checked out various goods laid out on giant blankets and then found Sara Imotep offering to by ores and enmatters. We dealed!

>>Ores sold (as Ingots)and Enamtter (in a refinded state):
576 Oil, 156 Melchi Crystal, Garcen Lubricant, 53 Belkar and 14 Iron with a tt value of 26.40peds. Sold all for 27.98 or 106% (I need too find better areas with higher markup enamtter :wink: )

Bringing up a vid display of Calypso, I studied it for a while and decided that a return trip to Fort Argus was in order. Flying out of the TP almost at a full run I headed South and East towards Camp Echidna. With a pocket full of ammo, I started taking pot shots at some of the snables standing around.

During this process I hit level 5 Grenadier (DMG) Profession :) Little did I know that I was about to embark on a multi run mining expedition as with indigenous life took an offense at my mining and obviously took great joy in killing me over and over again :(

Mini Run 1
>>Mining Results:
Ore - - V - - VI 33% Hit Ratio Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped
Enmatter II - II - - - - - 25% Hit Ratio Note I am using a EF-103 finder unamped
Ore finds
V Gazzurdite @ 306m
VI Blausarium @ 98m
Enmatter finds
II Melchi Water @ 156m
II Crude Oil @ 270m
Killed By: Argos Guardian

Mini Run 2
>>Mining Results:
Ore - 0% Hit Ratio Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped
Enmatter - - II II III - - - II 25% Hit Ratio Note I am using a EF-103 finder unamped
Ore finds
Giant Goose Egg @ 0m
Enmatter finds
II Crude Oil @ 164m
II Crude Oil @ 300m
III Crude Oil @ 172m
II Crude Oil @ 110m
Killed By: Merp Provider, Snarksnot Young and a Guardian

Mini Run 3
>>Mining Results:
Enmatter - - 0% Hit Ratio Note I am using a EF-103 finder unamped
I did get a new rank in Surveying, at least that was something
Killed By: I dont know, The phone rang and I got up to answer it and when I got back I was at a revival station :(

Mini Run 4
>>Mining Results:
Killed By: Angry Agros

Mini Run 5
>>Mining Results:
Killed By: Angry Agros Again

Mini Run 6
>>Mining Results:
Ore - 0% Hit Ratio Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped
Enmatter - - II 33% Hit Ratio Note I am using a EF-103 finder unamped
Ore finds
Giant Goose Egg @ 0m
Enmatter finds
II Melchi Water @ 297m
Killed By: Angry Agros and a Old Prancer

Mini Run 7 (Last Run)
>>Mining Results:
Enmatter - II - - - III - - - - - VI - 23% Hit Ratio Note I am using a EF-103 finder unamped
Enmatter finds
II Crude Oil @ 169m
III Crude Oil @ 400m
VI Melchi Water @ 366m
Killed By: NOTHING !!!!!

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 354 > 365
Drilling 343 > 349
Geology 301 > 306
Mining 313 > 317
Prospecting 239 > 293

As I was running along cross referencing my maps I decided to head towards what look like a great crater. As I dodged the many large Snarksnots in the area I finally approached the crater rim. A feeling of anticipation arose in me...something new, someplace I have never been, what will it look like? Is it a good mining spot? I scrambled up the side, loose rocks cascading down the mountain as I went. Then finally I crested the top and..

It was like a lost valley. I wondered what had made this. Maybe it was a meteor from space? or perhaps a overloaded power source that blew up? or maybe ground zero of a powerfull attack! We may never know. Standing there lost in a daydream, my radar squeeked up! A green dot...then 2 more..headed into the center of the crater! I grabbed my gear and ran down as fast as I could to the center, so that I might be the first one to strike a claim! I made it and let loose with a probe before anyone else did..or so I thought...There was nothing here :(

As I was running North along a hillline towards Fort Argos to the North, I crested a small hill and ran into the middle of a grouping of stanging stones. They looked very old. I wonder who..or what put these here?

As I finished my last run and the day gave away to the night I found myself settling down in an outpost out in the middle of nowhere. Al least the outpost will keep me safe and dry...

and thats that!

Captain Mac signing off....

Angus's Entropia Log Interlude 3

note: this is a continuing addition to the log in which I recount adventures of my past.

Landfall!

Walking down a ramp and having my foot touch an alien world, now that is something. As I steeped out from under the shuttle and looked around I found myself is a large courtyard of concrete surrounded by 8 foot high walls. I noted that the concrete in front of me was well worn my hundreds of thousands of feet. The most worn areas almost looked like it was polished.

As i took a deep breath I could smell...smell....exhaust, people funk and garbage...eww. Looking around I saw 4 booths with some people gathered around them. Above each was the word Information. I walked up and started a conversation with the attendant when I became aware that they were not human, but automatons. I got a couple of simple questions answered, was given a cheap hand held communication hand unit and then headed to the worn concrete path in which several of the people from my shuttle were using to go deeper into PA.

As I walked past a good sized Mobile Service center I noted a steady stream of people going in and out of the structure. Many were wearing the same orange jumpers I had, a few were wearing bright outfits, hats and coats, and even some appeared to be just wearing their underwear....thats odd. Those folks looked like where the people funk was coming from. And a very few were wearing different colored full suit armor. Those guys were toting some really big guns and backpacks full of stuff. Some seemed to be dragging bags full of rocks and such.

Then something caught my eye to my right...it was Bob the talker. He was standing there, wearing his shirt, underwear and shoes, looking bewildered. I walked up to him.
"Hey Bob, that was a bit of a rough trip wasn't it?"
Bob replied "I don't want to talk about it"
"ahem" was my response.
"Where are your pants?" I asked
He looked at me and said.
"I went to use the restroom and when I took off my pants, they fell apart."
"really!" I said.
I took my shirt off to look at the label. It said Made in China, Earth.
"Figures"
When I went to put the shirt back on my hand punched through the right arm sleeve...
"Great!"
Bob started to snicker.
I looked at him and busted out laughing.
I thought it would be a good idea to rip off the other sleeve, but when I tried the whole back ripped out.
So now I am standing there with no shirt talking and laughing with an overweight guy with no pants..
"WELCOME TO PORT ATLANTIS" I yelled!
Bob said that he heard the marketplace square and teleporter were beyond the next wall.
So we headed past the wall and a large open courtyard came into view.
It was filled will people. Kind of the same mix of folks that were going in and out of the mobile Service Center. In every corner of the square, by the TP, along some boxes in the corner and at the base of a statue were people selling stuff. There were groups of people bunched together talking and always someone was either running into the square to the TP or arriving out of the TP and running off somewhere else.
It was almost overwhelming.
Some of the people were yelling "Buying Sweat at .5....Buying Sweat at .5" or "Get your Pixie Armor here, +1 over market"
and many others yelling about buying or selling various items. Most of which I had no clue what they were talking about.
In the center of the square was a strange device. It looked like an upside down gigantic bowl with 4 entries. A spinning blue symbol was rotating above it. The device was constantly glowing white with people entering and exiting the light quite frequently.
i was wondering what to do next when someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned and looked and it was a small impish man in a bright blue and orange outfit.
"Hey Buddy, you looking for a Mentor?"
"Whats a mentor?" I replied.
"A mentor teaches you how to get along here." he said
"hmm..that sounds good"
He then whipped out a contract and said sign here. I took the contract and started to read it.
"You don't have to read the find print, just sign it!"
I looked at him and looked back at the contract and read on.
"What's this about giving you half of the Sweat I collect?" I asked
He said "Well thats how you can make some peds to buy stuff and pay for your training"
"What is sweat?" I asked
"the creatures native to this world have special sweat that you can collect and sell here at the market."
"What is it used for?"
"Its used to make Mind Essence, which people use to work mind devices"
"Wow this is getting very confusing, you know what I don't think I need a Mentor right now...thanks anyways" I said
"You sure buddy, its a good deal I am offering"
"Maybe later"
"OK suite yourself" and he turned and walked over to Bob and started talking to him. They chatted for a while and then shook hands.
Bob walked over to me and said.
"I took Jonna up on his offer, so he is going to show me the ropes. Ill catch up with you later Angus"
"Allright Bob..good luck"

I never saw Bob again....

note: Stay tuned as the adventure continues!

Next time ... Combibo Island!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 4

6-15-2008
To the Castle and Beyond!!!!

As I awoke, a dream of a giant HOF fading from my mind, I realized that I was still on the Outpost NE of Argus. I rustled through my pack and saw I was out of Mind Essence...darn, Im going to have to hoof it out of here. I knew from yesterday that there was allot of Feffoids to the west, right in my path, so as I gazed at my maps I knew that North to the sea and then West was the best way to go.

As I arrived at the buildings to the north, I noticed, in the distance, a building...no wait..it was too big to be a building...wait...well ill be, It was a castle. I had no idea someone had a castle up here!

I steadily made my way up the hillside until I stood before this impressive castle! I checked the electronic deed, but the darn thing was broken and wouldn't display any data. I knocked on the doors but no one answered, then of course curiosity got the better of me and I jiggled the doors. They were firmly locked. I check around the perimeter but found nothing. Oh well at least it was a photo moment!

My run along the sea shore heading West was uneventful. I didnt even have to run into the sea to escape a nasty mob. As I arrived at Fort Argus I took note of my inventory and checked to see if Wyn was around. He wasnt, so off to twins I went.

Wandering the plaza of Twins I ran into Tarmogoyf Tomba Guevara who was looking to score some Ores. I showed him what I had and he said he would take the lot. we agreed on a prices and made the trade.

>>Ores sold (as Ingots)and Enmatter (in a refinded state): 301 Oil, 174 Melchi Crystals, 37 Blausarium and 5 Gazzurdite with a tt value of 21.17peds. Sold all for 22.4 or 106%

I loaded up with probes and some bombs and headed back to Fort Argus. I checked my maps and thought I would give the West of FT Argus a try all the way to Fort Ithica. The first probe hit a IV of Garcen Grease and I thought to my self, self this looks like its going to be a good run.......Boy I was wrong! I suggest no one goes west from Argus looking for Enmatter! At least I didnt find anything much except alot of Plumas. Of note I rung the neck of one Old Pluma and on close examination of its nest found a nice pile of collected goods including 444 Med Laser Rounds, 255 animal Muscle Oil, 214 Animal Hides and 2 Animal Oil Residues all with a tt value of 13.75.

Before I got too the river separating West Argus from Ithica Island I only hit on more level III Oil. Once I hit Ithica Island things got a little better but i had dropped so many probes behind me that only a huge find could allow me to make a profit...it never happened. But at least I never died, I guess thats something. At least I did get one decent find, a level VI Oil

>>Mining Results:
Ore - - 0% Hit Ratio Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped
Enmatter IV - - - - - III - - - - - - - - - - - II - - - - VI - - - - - II - 16% Hit Ratio :x Note I am using a EF-103 finder unamped
Enmatter finds
IV Garcen Grease @ 177m
III Crude Oil @ 351m
II Melchi Water @ 370m
VI Crude Oil @ 158m
II Melchi Water @ 174m
II Crude Oil @ 266m

Once I reached fort Ithica I took note of the amount of probes I had left, I counted 8, well that was enough for a little run. Check my log I decided that due to a decent run South of Fort Troy I would try some other areas around there.
Arriving at the Ft Troy TP I was hit with the smell of the swamps, drifting up from the south. I headed out due East to the sea and ran into a large group if Diakiba's and Exos. I dropped a probe and got a little hit and then decided to start refilling my sweat supply of these critters. Sweat, Dry, shoot....Sweat, Dry, Shoot. One of the Mature Exos even sought fit to give me a brand new Emik S30 (5.20 peds), couple of Exo skins and some other assorted goodies!

I got bored after a while and resumes my run headed to the south. I found a whole lot of nothing. I even ventured into the purple zone. Cresting a hill, my hairs stood on end, I could feel waves of power running over my skin. I had found the Fort Troy Orb!

I only had 2 probes left and I thought, I wonder if there is any Enmatter under that thing? I jogged towards the Orb and my eyes began to water, my pulse sped up and soon everything seemed to have a red tinge to it. It was becoming harder to breathe. I finally made it and headed directly under the Orb. It felt like I was being pushed down into the ground. I set up the probe casing, locked a probe in place and pulled out my EF-103. 3...2...1... fire. The probe made a funny noise, kind of a reluctant whine and disappeared into the dark hole it had created. I swear it felt like the Orb was pushing its way down to me and was about to touch my back.....

then....

Friggin nothing....well damn!

I got my gear together and headed back North towards Fort Troy. I dropped one more probe along the way and did get my only other find down here....another level II Crude Oil.....well it was better than nothing...not by much mind you... but better.

>>Mining Results:
Enmatter II - - - - - - II 20% Hit Ratio Note I am using a EF-103 finder unamped
Enmatter finds
II Crude Oil @ 411m
II Crude Oil @ 292m

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 365 > 377
Drilling 349 > 356
Geology 306 > 311
Mining 317 > 317
Prospecting 293 > 294

Tired from the days running, I decided to do a little crafting run while at Fort Troy

>>Crafting Results: Mannell Shoes, Did 1 clicks (9 generic leathers, 1 Wool Thread and 1 Fine Leather) I ended up with one pair (3.61/9.00) :wink: and my BP QR stayed the same.

>>Crafting Results: Basic Shirt, Did 6 clicks (4 generic leathers, 5 Molisk Enamel Buttons and 2 Wool Clothes) I ended up with 1 Basic Shirt (2.96/7.00) and my BP QR went from 4.8 to 5.6

>>Crafting Results:
Generic Leather Textures, Did 49 clicks (2 generic leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 18 Generic Leather Textures, 31 Metal Residue and 28 Tailoring remnants and my BP QR went from 47 to 47.6

As I lay my head down I started to drift off into sleep dreaming of Castles in the Sky!

keep keep keep on keep on :D
love it :D

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 5

6-16-2008
Man this Armor is Heavy!

I awoke at Fort Troy and felt strangely energized, was it the Orb or did I just get a good nights rest, I may never know.

I wanted to start moving some of the Force Nexus I have been sitting on, so I headed to PA to see if I could score some more sweat. I found someone offering 2k of sweat for 11 ped (.55...not bad) to I took him up on the offer and once the deal was made, I whipped out my refiner and made 2K ME.

Checking my comm unit on my wrist I say Thad check in and I said hi. He responded that he had some armor for the Newbie TKoC Giveaway that I host. I suggested Port Atlantis TP as the place to meet. Then Wolverine piped up and said he had some items to give me too for the giveaway.

I walked over to the PA TP and was looking around when someone tapped me on the back, it was Ico! Soon Thad showed up and so did Wolverine. Thad loaded me up with a bunch of newbie Guardian armor and Wolverine had allot of Pixie and some Goblin armor. We chatted a bit about music and a band called Sublime. After I bit I excused myself and headed to the auction house. I had made over 2K of Mind Essence and some Nutrio Bars and needed to get them on Auction.

Once I had taken care of my business I checked for Wyn's availability and found him to not be available again. He must be on Vacation somewhere cool! I waltzed up to the PA TP and set the coordinate for Twin Peaks. Upon arriving I could here the sounds of someone using a rocket launcher at the Octagon, I quick look and I noticed peoples bodies flying into the air (man what a way to spend the day). There were several vendors offering to buy Ores and Enmatters, so on a whim I chose Ivo Phoney and he gave me a pretty good deal!

>>Ores sold (as Ingots)and Enmatter (in a refined state): 473 Oil, 32 Melchi Crystals, and 5 Garcen Lubricant with a tt value of 13.14 peds. Sold all for 14.02 or 106% Which was very close to full market value

So I picked up 14 bombs and headed back to Fort Argus and had my mind on working the Mountains to the South of the Fort. The air was dry and a little dusty, but I didnt mind..I was out here with my thoughts and my mining gear...freedom!

>>Mining Results:
Ore III V - - III - - - - - III IV - - 35% Hit Ratio :) Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped
Ore finds
III Blausarium Stone @ 204m
V Belkar Stone @ 189m
III Blausarium Stone @ 137m
III Blausarium Stone @ 197m
IV Belkar Stone @ 406m

Not a bad run and a good hit rate.

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 377 > 378
Drilling 356 > 356
Geology 311 > 311
Mining 317 > 325
Prospecting 294 > 302

As I was headed back to Fort Argus from my run, the weather started to turn so I stopped off at a hanger that is just West of Fort Argus to settle down for the night. Cool ship!

Angus's Entropia Log Interlude 4

note: this is a continuing addition to the log in which I recount adventures of my past.

Combibo Island

So here I stand, not knowing what to do next. The sun above is hot on my skin, since I no longer have a shirt to wear. In Pa marketplace I go over to this statue and sit myself down and listen to the chatter and mess with my comm unit.
Lots of buying and selling chatter but once and a while I hear someone say.
"How do I kill monsters?"
"With a gun stupid!" I hear someone yell.
"Where to I get a gun?"
"You buy one with peds" is the reply
"How do I make money?" Is the next question.
"Sweat!" is the unanimous reply
I thought, Sweat? What the hell does that mean?

I short man in a green top and yellow pants holding a flower walks by in front of me.
"Hey mate!"
He stops and looks in my direction
"Hey mate, can you answer a question for me?"
He walks over and says
"Sure"
"What all this about getting sweat? I hear it is a way to make money?" I said.
"You got that right. The sweat on the local creatures has a special property that when mixed with the right amount of a product called Force Nexus, you get something called Mind Essence."
"Hmm...what do you do with it?" I ask
He chuckles and mutters "newb.."
"Mind essence is used to power special devices that allow psychic abilities, like teleportation, healing, focusing , well even as a weapon"
"Wow!" I stammer.
"How do I get it? I ask.
He chuckles again and says
"Go find a creature, run up to it and scrap the sweat off and fill up bottles with in."
"Where do I get the bottles, and isnt that kinda of dangerous?"
"You can get the bottles at any center. Sometimes you can just find them laying around, and yes it can be very dangerous, but its good training and a workout, and if they kill you, and they will, you will be reconstituted at the nearest revival station"
"Oh ok..thanks mate" I mutter, the weight of what he just said sinking in.
"Good luck and see you around...mate" and the short man walks off.

Ok first things first...bottles. As I look around I realize just how many bottles are discard everywhere. I start gathering up some of them and using the scraps of my ruined shirt tie them together.
Looking around I see a steady stream of people heading out of town, so I fall in line and see where they are going.
I follow a line of people headed to what appears to be a big shopping mall. The entrance is on a waterfront. I see people walking up to the edge and just jumping in.
Now thats odd I thought!
Just then a strange noise eliminated from a device mounted on one of the support column for the mall. Then a bright white light appeared around it and a bloody man staggers out and falls to the ground. He has bite marks all over and looks like he has lost allot of blood. But grasped in his hand is a dirty bottle filled with what I thought must be Sweat.
He looked up at me and winked, got up brushed himself off and jumped into the water.
I walked up to the waters edge and watched him swim away. I looked in the direction he was swimming and saw a lone island in the middle of what appeared to be a lake, or something like that.
The island had a lone clump of trees on it and I could barely make out things moving about on the island. Almost like clock work I would see a bright light appear and then disappear.
Just then a tall skinny man steps up next to me.
"Eyeballing Combibo Island are you now?" He said cutting his eyes back at me.
"Uh..ya I guess" I replied.
"Those Combibos are nasty and bite really hard but they are full of sweat!" he comments.
and then he jumps in and starts swimming towards the island.
"What the hell" I said and then jumped into the water.
The water was cool but not cold enough to be a problem. As soon as I started swimming towards the island I started warming up, or did I just swim through someones pee?
As i approached the shore of the island, I started to get mired in the reeds that grow here. On top of that the mud doesn't want to let me go when I try and get out onto land. But with a little effort I make it.
Standing up I see before me a small hill covered with these grey four legged hump backed creatures. They stand taller than a man and make a odd squeaking noise.
I could see many people pausing for a few seconds and then wispy lights seems to dance off their skins. They then pointed their hands at creature and a tube of light emanated from them and hit the creatures square in the back. At first the creatures didn't seem to notice. Then the light recedes back to the person and in his hands is a goopy slimy ..glop. He then quickly got it into a bottle and stuck it into a sack. He then starts the process over again.
But this time the Combibo turns and rushes this sweater, and to my astonishment he does not move and continues to "Sweat" the creature even though it is bumping into him and taking little bites out of him. Just as the light recedes again, the Combibo lunges and takes a big bite out of his neck. The man falls to the ground and the Combibo grunts and walks off.
I looked at the body and then it seemed to dissolve right before my eyes.
So I looked at a small Combibo and turned to it. I cleared my mind and to my surprise I was suddenly surrounded by that light I saw earlier. I looked up and it felt kind of natural to reach out to the creature and before I knew it I had in my very own hand, my first pile of sticky Sweat!
I quickly got it into a bottle and looked up just in time to see a very large Combibo run into me.
For a moment it was crushing pain and then everything went white!
The white light subsided and I was very soar but not dead...or so I thought. Looking around I realized that I was back at the Mall entrance.
and still in my hand was my first bottle of Sweat!!

note: Stay tuned as the adventure continues!

Next time ... Swamp Camp!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 6

6-17-2008
Fun at the Saba Pit

I had trouble sleeping in the hanger last night, woke up from an uneasy sleep, filled with dreams, or should I say nightmares of Giant Spiders catching me and stringing me up to eat later...eww.

Since I wanted to try an area I hadn't hit in a while I headed to Treasure Island North and started mining headed in a SW direction. The few hits I had weren't great to say the least. I am not sure I will revisit this area anytime soon.

>>Mining Results:
Enmatter - II III - - - - 28% Hit Ratio :) Note I am using a EF-103 finder unamped
Enmatter finds
II Alicenies Liquid @ 384m
III Lytairian Dust @ 222m

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 378 > 380
Drilling 356 > 357
Geology 311 > 312
Mining 325 > 325
Prospecting 302 > 302

I checked my comm unit and saw that Wyn was back in town. I headed to TI Castle TP and made the jump to Twins Mall. I found Wyn in the 3rd floor auction room and made pleasantries and did some trading.

>>Ores sold (as Ingots)and Enmatter (in a refined state): 116 Belkar, 30 Blausarium, 6 Alicenes Gel and 3 Lytairian Powders with a tt value of 12.30 peds. Sold all for 14.26 or 116%

When I was in twins yesterday I noted a Ore buyer that was advertising his buy prices and man they were low. As it has been said before if you sell in the open market, be very careful, especially if you are new to this. They will take full advantage of you and buy stuff as much as 15% below market value. Tip!! If you are desperate to sell check out the auctions. go to the ore, enmatters you have and hit the order button. This will display any buyout % for the stuff you want to sell (if someone has placed an order) often the % will be around 4-6% below market, but that is still better that 15%. You then create a sell auction and put the buyout at the % listed on the order you found and ding! instant sell!...just a FYI.

DIng!! My comm indicated that my 2k of ME sold at auction for the buyout of 40 peds. I thought cool now I have the peds to get some more Sweat and finished refining my Force Nexus into Mind essence and get it into the auction. I headed to PA TP and advertised I was buying at .53 and soon was approached by someone looking to sell 3K of sweat. We made the deals and I was able to use this sweat and some sweat I had sweated to make 4K ME.
I placed 4K of ME on auction, now the waiting begins.

In the mean time I thought I might visit the Sabakuma Pit. I hadn't been there in a while. So I made the jump to North Haven and headed out east across the river. Once I got there i sweated a little and then got bored and just started blasting them as they poked their heads out of the sand.

One Mature Saba was kind enough to give me 344 Animal Hides, 257 Med Laser rounds, 35 Animal Muscle oil, 3 Saba Skins and 2 Animal Oil residues, all with a tt value of 7.41 peds.
Since I wanted to try an area I hadn't hit in a while I headed to Treasure Island North and started mining headed in a SW direction. The few hits I had weren't great to say the least. I am not sure I will revisit this area anytime soon.

After I blew through my ammo it was time to try some crafting again. Off to Sakura City I went and proceeded to have a normal crafting run.

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures, Did 70 clicks (2 generic leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 33 Generic Leather Textures, 28 Metal Residue and 55 Tailoring remnants and my BP QR went from 47.6 to 48.1

>>Crafting Results: Sabakuma Leather Textures, Did 4 clicks (1 Sabakuma leather, 4 Advanced Leather Extractor) I ended up with 15 Tailoring remnants and my BP QR stayed at 1.6 yuck!

and that's that for this day!

Last edited:
The Angus Logs, The EF version # 7

6-18-2008
Castles and Stones and Crafting..oh my!

Starting the day fresh I thought I might explore some areas I have not mined at yet. I chose Nymphtown as my destination and headed that way. I headed south to start and stopped at the waters edge and noticed that there was an island in the middle of the lake. and on that island was a castle. Another Castle, man I am seeing allot of these lately. Before I jumped into the water to swim to the Island I thought here would be a good place to drop a bomb, and I was right. I got a claim wasn't big by any means but a claim is a claim.
I proceeded across the water and halfway there a Rippersnapper caught my scent and was following me. He nibbled a little but really couldn't get through my Shogun Armor. I got the shore in good shape and watched the ripper swim away, "no food for you today buddy" I said out loud. I ran the perimeter of the castle and found only one entrance.

Once inside I explored the many levels of his very well furnished Castle. I remember seeing photos of this Castle in our societies comm board, bu tit is truly a place you need to see for yourself. I especially like the weapons display on the wall, allot of firepower there!

As I was leaving the building I thought, I wonder if anyone has tried mining here. I dropped a bomb and sure enough I found a claim! Another level III Lyst, well it better than nothing!

>>Mining Results:
Ore III - III - - 40 % Hit Ratio :) Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped
Ore finds
III Lysterium Stone @ 150m
III Lysterium Stone @ 229m < found at the castle!

I then left the Island and headed East towards the sea. I found 2 things over that way, and neither of them was a mining claim. One was a nice little pile of Brukite Stones (34) but the other was a alpha Morsusilex :eek: It didnt like me there so it made me go away!.

After the warm glow of the revival ebbed, I was back at Nymphtown. As I was considering which direction to continue my comm went off. It was a message from the auction house. My 4K ME sold at buyout (200%). With that news I now had a sizable amount of peds to restock my Force Nexus supply. I found a good buyout of 7464 FN @ 135% (101 peds) so i jumped on it. I now have over 8K of FN which once I raise 8K of Sweat should get me about 160 peds. we shall see.

With that out of the way I decided to go South into the mountains. I managed to drop 5 bombs before a Mature Atrax ate me.

>>Mining Results:
Ore - - III - - 20 % Hit Ratio :) Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped
Ore finds
III Lysterium Stone @ 121m

Back at Nymphtown I pointed my happy butt West. I mined the rest of my bombs and found nothing.

>>Mining Results:
Ore - - - - 0 % Hit Ratio :) Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 378 > 380
Drilling 356 > 357
Geology 311 > 314
Mining 325 > 327
Prospecting 302 > 305

After finishing this disappointing run I headed back to Sakura City for more crafting.

>>Crafting Results: Brukite Textures, Did 34 clicks (1 Brukite Stone, 1 Basic Stone Extractor) I ended up with 10 Brukite Textures and my BP QR went from 22.8 to 23.8
I also got a new rank in Texture Engineering

and lastly a small sun of Snablesnot textures.
>>Crafting Results: Snablesnot Leather Textures, Did 3 clicks (1 Snablesnot Leather, 4 Advanced Leather Extractor) I ended up with 8 Metal Residue and 3 Tailoring remnants and my BP QR went from 2.8 to 3.1.

and thus ended my day

Captain Mac signing off!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 8

6-19-2008
9 freakin %

So getting up at Sakura City, I awoke to the memory of Jacke getting that nice hit close to Emerald Lakes Mall. So I got my gear together and headed to the mall. The run started out nice with a level III Belkar and 3 bombs later a level V Gazzurdite..very nice! I thought this might be a good run after all. Now as you may or may not know I have been following the data from EntropiaTracker and it said that mining was down, I think about 40%...so at this point in my run, I though either the loot is turning around or the % dont really mean anything.....well I finished out my 21 bomb run and never...did...get...another ...FREAKIN....hit :x Now also of note I hit what I did close to Emerald Lakes Mall or just beyond. I then headed into the purple of the area around Shinook to try my luck and that is where I didnt find anything. I think the area around Shinook is only full of very deep deposits that I cant reach. I am going to stay away from that area for a very long long time...its just a looser for me (I think Jacke said the same thing)

>>Mining Results:
Ore III - - V - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 9 % Hit Ratio :x Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped
Ore finds
III Belkar Stone @ 142m
V Gazzurdite Stone @ 310m

So based off this dismal demoralizing run I would say that paying attention to what EntropiaTrackler is relating might be the thing to do. Everytime I have mined and ET had -5 on mining I have done poorly, same goes for Hunting. I will continue to track my experiences along with ET and post the results here

a pissed off Captain Mac signing off...

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 9

6-21-2008
From Risk to Reward!

Waking up I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and slowing got up. My back creaking as I did so. As I got my morning java I took inventory of what I had...which wasnt as much as it was before. I gathered my Ores together and checked to see if Wyn was online, he wasn't...so to twins I went. I hooked up with Gucio Witck Gucio as he was advertising "Best rates in Twins" and I have to say, he aint far off :wink:

>>Ores sold (as Ingots): 132 Lystarium, 20 Belkar and 5 Gazzurdite with a tt value of 8.91peds. Sold all for 10.02 or 112%

So I headed through the TP (I hate how it makes you skin tingle, kinda like when you arm or leg goes asleep!) I arrived at the Fort Argus TP and pointed my way south determined to check out some of the mountainous regions there. The run started great and then went to crap. I think I must give mining a rest for a bit.

>>Mining Results:
Ore IV - - - - - - - - - 10 % Hit Ratio :evil: Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped
Ore finds
IV Blausarium Stone @ 286m

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 380 > 380
Drilling 357 > 357
Geology 314 > 320
Mining 327 > 330
Prospecting 305 > 313

Wow with such a bad return I am reduced to sweating at Nea's which I did the rest of the day. I did get a buyout on 1K ME @ 200% which allowed me to buy enough sweat to put another 3K ME in Auction.

Now as the evening begins I am tired and hot and sweaty from sweatin all day I notice on my comm that some Knights want to hunt..with Opalos. I had just sold 1K sweat so I had 20ped to put into ammo, I was in.
We all met up at Orthos to hunt Molisks, Merps, Atrax and Droids. At first our team consisted of Rake, Chopper, SirGlow and Sharky. Mo from TKoC HQ joined theteam but wanted to mine first. We ammoed up and headed out!

During the hunt we were joined by Dirk and even ran into Erin who dragged a large mob train of Atrax, Merps and Molisks on us (we did kill them all) At one point one of the guys suggested we head to Limnadian's to hunt Allophyls. As we were headed to the TP killing as we went we got a almost global off a Molisk Mature. I dont have a screenshot as Autoscreen decided to stop working. But my share was 2 peices of Shogun armor and some assorted oils and ammo. I remember someone saying the got Shogun also and a nerve blast chip..very Nice!!

During this hunt I did Reach level 11 in both Gauss Sniper (Hit) Profession and Plasma Sniper (Hit) Profession! Again very Nice!

For Limnadian's Chopper had to go but we gained Tata and Glen. Now we were 8 strong Knights ready to rock! We spent the next hour hour and a half blasting away, no one ever got killed and just as I was about to run out of ammo....ding ding ding...clapp, clap, clap...GLOBAL!!!!and a nice one too :yay:, 152 ped off and Allophyl Old all TT oils!

Everyone got 21.71 peds worth of the oils..very nice!

So needless to say..opalo hunting with the proper numbers works and is profitable! and sometime it takes a little money risk (my initial investment of 20 peds for ammo) to reap the rewards of your work (30-40peds profit on the runs)

So to wrap things up..
Mining...BAD :(
Hunting w/Opalos..GOOD :D

This is your host Captain Mac ... signing off!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 10

6-24-2008
An examination of finders

So my ME manufacturing is plugging along. I have noticed that the price recently seems to be hovering around 198% in Auction. Not surprising given that the market value of FN has dropped about 5% in the last month or so. But it is still bringing me some profit and that's more than I can say for mining at the moment.

So low on peds because they are invested in ME sales, I looked into my inventory to find something to sell. I settled on a good pile of fruit, 695 pieces, and sold them to Tiberum at PA for 8.34 peds (or 1.2 pec each). I then used the money to buy 16 probes and headed out.

I headed to East Scylla Mountains and started off at my favorite drop spot (Where I have gotten Spacecraft and successful double bombs) The start was not good. I headed across the water and looked for some unmined areas. I followed the coastline North and then headed South over the mountains, eventually following the river to the south. I did find a nice area full of Fouls. I will have to hunt there someday. Unfortunately the mining was just as bad as it has been.

>>Mining Results:
Enmatter - - - II - - - - - - - - - - - II 12.5 % Hit Ratio Note I am using a EF-103 finder unamped
Enmatter finds
II Melchi Water @ 259m
II Crude Oil @ 184m

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 380 > 381
Drilling 357 > 358
Geology 320 > 320
Mining 330 > 330
Prospecting 313 > 313

Ok so after this not so good run i took a long look at my finders. It first I thought that I was suffering in mining because I went from a TT Ore finder (once maxed) straight to a OF-103, skipping the 102 since I was half maxed on it already. I thought maybe I need to go back and finish skilling the 102 and I might get better results. But to my surprise today, I discovered that I have maxed out both the OF-102 and the EF-102. So I am currently using the right tools for mining. Which means I am just experiencing a run of bad luck. I am thinking what I need is a good long run of at least 100 bombs so that I can get the skills up to get my 103 depth to the point that it starts paying off and not just giving me a measly II claim 10% of the time. I will just have to think of it as an investment in skills for the future.

That's all folks!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 11

6-26-2008
Cut off and A New Hope

OK, I get home after work, my wife is working late and my Daughter is at Summer Camp..its Entropia Time!!! I made myself some dinner (couple of hot dogs) and sat down to enjoy the evening with a little mining, it was 6:00pm EST. I logged in, started Teamspeak one of my other laptops said hello, went to Rei's Defense and started heading West getting ready to drop my first bomb of the evening...when

...blip... I lost power at my house for a second...everything reset all my desktops shut off...then teamspeak lost connection. I waited for everything to start back up and found that my internet wasn't working. I cycled the cable modem and when it came up the modem indicated that it had no connection to the main office. I waited 15 minutes and still no internet.
I wondered how far my avatar had run without me controlling him. Did I just finally drop off the server, did I run into a large mob and was eaten? I didn't know and it was killing me!

So at 6:30PM I called the cable company and they said there was an outage and they expected it to be resolved in about 90 minutes. Dang a hour and a half. So I finished dinner and fired up Call of Duty 4 and played the single player game for a while.

Well I kept checking the connection and nothing.. finally its 10:00PM and time to goto bed, and of course I check the connection and of course its now working. So I convince myself that I can play for an hour and get by with 7 hours of sleep before I have to get up for work. The following events is what happened between the hours of 10:00 and 11:00PM.

Taking a deep breath, I calmed myself and accepted the fact that when I mine, I am not, at this time, mining for profit, I am mining for skills and pure knowledge that will lead me to a more successful future. With that thought in mind I can relax and just assume that for now I expect a bad hit % and a very low return on my investment.
Why do it...because it is an investment in my future self. I don't expect or pray for Globals or HOF, if and or when they happen, they happen.

As I consider my new direction of "paying the piper" I checked my ore/enmatter inventory and realized I really didn't have enough to sell yet. So I decided to skim a little of my profits from the ME sales and repair my Excavator and by 36 bombs. I also took note of what my average find depth of my OF-103 was (256m) and cross referenced that depth with Jacke's log and selected West of Rei's Defense.

So I headed west between the LA to the North and South until I hit the sea (at which point I ran into a herd of Longu.) I headed S and then SE until I tripped over a Trilomite Gaurdian and pissed it off. It zapped me to death in short order.

After I revived at the Outpost I headed S towards the sea and ran into Allophylls and a Angry Atrox. Since I didn't have any ammo at the moment and hadn't healed yet from the last kill he, the Atrox, took me down pretty quick. Back at the outpost I decided to head SE and it turned out to be the right decision as I was able to get out.

I headed East along the shore for a big and then Turned North to head into the long LA just South of Rei's defense. I noted a herd of Cersuman. I wasn't sure of there aggressiveness but I found out by getting a little too close and became a victim of their weird force attack, although before this happened I did get a V Belkar while standing amongst them.

I reappeared at Rei's Defense and decided to call it a night. All in all a fun run!

>>Mining Results:
Ore - - - - IV - III - II -- III - - - - - - V - - - - - 21 % Hit Ratio (better than it has been :) Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped
Ore finds
IV Belkar Stone @ 294m
III Belkar Stone @ 227m
II Belkar Stone @ 237m
III Belkar Stone @ 454m
Hit level 2 miner
Killed by the Trilomite Guardian at this point
V Belkar Stone @ 190m

Captain Mac signing off..

Last edited:
The Angus Logs, The EF version # 12

6-27-2008
LA 45 and Damn the Swiss!

You know a night in the outback is beautiful but...damn it gets cold! I felt pretty good about the mining run yesterday, I think I am getting the hang of the OF-103 as I seem to be getting a better average depth out of it now. Its true what they say, practice makes perfect! The air is so crisp this morning at Rei's Defense, you know, you feel the chill against your face and every breath creates a billow of mist that floats a few feet before disapating. Checking my inventory I see I have 12 bombs left so I decided to give LA-45 a try. From what I have read they call it Miners Paradise. A LA with no mobs...I like that idea!

I gathered my things and said by goodbyes to the nice folk running the auctions here and stepped into the TP. Setting the controller to spit me out at Oshiri Hearts I mashed the red button, why is it always a red button? Wouldn't it be better if it was a green button, red seems so final, like you are ordering a nuke strike on someone.

Arriving at Oshiri I broke out my map vid and decided to do a couple of minor TP jumps as LA-45 is soo far away. One of my jumps plopped me in the middle of what I call Balloon land. The indigenous vegetation included some floating pods that hung hundreds of feet in the air. Very peaceful!

I noted while mining that the eastern portion of the LA had good claims but the western seemed to have claims out of the reach of my skills and finder.

>>Mining Results:
Ore - - III III - V - - - - - - 25 % Hit Ratio (even better than last run :) ) Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped
Ore finds
III Copper Stone @ 176m
III Belkar Stone @ 177m
V Belkar Stone @ 88m
Notice the depth on these finds..interesting isnt it? Low enough for begining miners (if they could get out here... lol)

Warning...the following is a pointless rant against the markup of copper ingots.. you have been warned!

OK, whats the deal with the markup of copper ingots, 102% yuck! Copper has been revired by mankind for 10s of thousands of years! Such a versitle metal in industry and the arts should be in more demand. Hopefully one day we will be able to use these lonely copper ingots to plate funiture or armor or something..copper deserves more respect!!

This concludes the test of the emergency ranting system. if this had been a real rant instructions would have followed the annoucement..this is only a test!

I enjoyed a nice picnic meal over looking the sea to the West. Sometime these are the best moments, when you can just stop what you are doing and just absorb the world around you. It kinda recharges my batteries :) ...and then I woke up..opps I must have fell asleep. Well I feel much better now. I gathered my goods, refined my ores for travel and headed back to Oshiri. Once there I visited the autioneer and collected my peds from my 4K ME sale. I also took a moment to inventory my ores and enamtters and knew I had enough to sell on the market.

Checking my comm unit I saw Wyn was not available so I headed my ore laden butt to Twins to see what traders were available. I ran into Sara Imotep, with whom I have dealt with before and we made a deal.

>>Ores sold (as Ingots)and Enmatter (in a refined state): 241 Belkar, 22 Blausarium, 3 Copper, 1 Gazzurdite, 37 Oil and 14 Melchi Crystals with a tt value of 20.59 peds. Sold all for 23.26 or 113%

I then headed to Nea's to see if I could score 4K of Sweat. The forth person I traded with, Emidio, was interested in forming a business allience with me. We struck terms for ongoing supplies at a fixed rate. I look forward to dealing with him in the future.

I bought a supply of bombs from the sale of the ores and decided to try my luck at New Switzerland...I wished I handn't! I followed a path that had been very good to me in the past (while using a OF-102 mind you)
..14 NRF then 2 IV Lysteriums....eww

>>Mining Results:
Ore - - - - - - - - - - - - - - IV IV 13 % Hit Ratio :roll: Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped
Ore finds
IV Lysterium Stone @ 266m
IV Lysterium Stone @ 390m

I was then bushwacked by a very large Sabakuma Alpha. Wow they bite hard! Since I was very low on ammo, I revived at the LA outpost just South of Oshiri Hearts. I headed North and dropped the rest of my bombs but found nothing...

>>Mining Results:
Ore - - - - - - 0 % Hit Ratio Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped

At least I got some skills out of all of this :)

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 381 > 381
Drilling 358 > 388
Geology 320 > 327
Mining 330 > 340
Prospecting 313 > 334

My comm beeped and it was Lexie. Iknew she had a load of armor donations from Sixx and some of her own to donated so I meet her at Nea's and we exchanged pleasantries and she loaded me up with armor. Man the giveaway is going to be a great success!

It was getting late but then a call came over the comm, someone needed a TP run!! I was so there!!! Advocate, Dirk, Chopper and Spud meet up at Fort Argus with out sights on heading to Camp Caravan, then Fort Zeus and finally to North Shore Spaceport. This shoud be fun!

TKoC TP Runners assemble!

We ran and ran and shot things along the way. The Neconu we ran into mostly died under Choppers hail of bullets but a couple of times, they managed to take one of our party with them to the grave...that happens with the Neconu! When we arrived at Camp Caravan Lexie was there with a donation for me for the TKoC Giveaway tomorrow (a fap-15 from sixx) she ended up joining us for the TP run to Fort Zeus and beyond.
Before our trip was complete I did get to hear that sweet sound of a global as Chopper was dropping probes as he went and hit a nice 107 ped Melchi Global within sight of the North Shore Spaceport TP

Chopper rocks!!

Not a bad way to end the day, with my m8s helping them get TPs and globals :wink: That is what makes this more than just a game!!!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 13

6-28-2008
and the winners are...

Gearing up for todays fun, I bought a handful of probes and thought I would head out from Nroth Space Port to see if Chopper left any Melchi out there (after his nice global). So I headed out west dodging between the Ambus and such. The air is cool and very dry out here, I have to remember to drink alot of liquid or I will dehydrate myself and end up at a revival station very thirsty :wink:

Although it was a small run, it was fruitfull in the amount of claims. Things seem to be getting better as my skills increase.

>>Mining Results:
Enmatter - II - - IV - - - II II - 36% Hit Ratio Nice! Note I am using a EF-103 finder unamped
Enmatter finds
II Melchi Water @ 193m
IV Melchi Water @ 302m
at this point a Neconu chased me down and freed me of my worldly concerns. Reviving back at North Space Camp I changed direction and headed North
II Crude Oil @ 254m
II Crude Oil @ 190m
II Crude Oil @ 283m

These last 2 Oil claims were the result of a double probe I did. The first one appeared very close to me so I risked a second and got it!

Looking at my comm unit I saw that is was almost time for the TKoC 4th Giveaway Event! I quickly refined my enmatter got my stuff in order and headed to Sakura City to collect all the armor and goods I have been collecting for the event.

The comm unit started buzzing as several Knights started asking about the giveaway. I made the jump to PA and called asked if anyone wanted to help. Kesky, Lexie, Brian Xeurol and Spud all offered there assistance. Kesky even donated 4 opalos and 4 sets of 300 ammo.

OK so here was the plan...Lexie and myself were to be the runners, each of us having half the goods, she was also th eholder of the full set of female armor and I had the male set. At MA 16:55 Lexie and myself were to run to the North for a bit then split up and wait. We were also going to be wearing our Shogun armor so we could be seen as the purple knights. Kesky stayed at Swamp Camp and at MA 17:00 announced the giveaway event and hold everyone to head north to find the purple knights for a prize. Spud and Xeurol were to be herders, keeping the newbies going in the right direction.

So at 16:55 Lexie and myself headed North and got to a ridge a little ways away and split up right and left. We could still see each other in the radar. Kesky made the announcement and we waited. Then a first green dot appeared and a second...and they all seem to be headed over to Lexie's position. So I start yelling out that I have prizes to give out and try and find me....well they all seemed to find Lexie, Spud told me that she had a line and he saw I had no one yet. So I started jumping and hootina dn hollerin and dancing, then finally a green dot headed my way circled me and asked if I was one of the pruple knights. I said I was and congratulations he was the first to find me. So I awarded Beed Observer Crabshell a full set of armor! I told many of the newbies to consider us as a great society to join if they decided to join one.

It was cool standing on the ridge and watching people come from the south. Soon I had a group around me including spud who started dancing around me as I gave out the goodies. Eventually I ran out of newbies so I decided to run back to Swamp Camp and start dropping items as I went, while yelling find the dropped items! As I go close to camp Keksy was yelling the same thing. I ran through the center of everyone dropping as I went. the items were quickly picked up. Lexie did the same thing.

Just to recap:
Winner of the full set of Male armor was Beed Observer Crabshell
Winner of the full set of Female armor was Chema Scopus Mapundi

We had a big dance party at Swamp Camp at the conclusion of the event, lots of people joined in, it was a nice way to complete the event.

It was great fun and I want to thank Kesky, Lexie, Xeurol and Spud for helping me out and all the other Knights that donated Armor and goodies for the event!

So I headed back to my base camp of Sakura City and I noted something, just about everytime I check out the auctioneer here, I noticed someone standing behind him. I was here this morning and someome was there. Now in the afternoon he was still there, James Jcart Carter seems to be hanging out behind the auctioneer all the time. Go there and see for yourself!

I headed to Twins to find a buyer for my Enmatter as Wyn seems to be on vacation.

>>Ores sold (as Ingots)and Enmatter (in a refined state): 101 Oil and 71 Melchi Crystals with a tt value of 4.86 peds. Sold all for 4.91 or 102% to Tuga

I decided to explore some place different and headed to Oyster Island and headed off to the NW. All I found on my short trip as a small amount of Oil. I did get a new rank in perception :)

>>Mining Results:
Enmatter II - - - - - 17% find ratio Note I am using a EF-103 finder unamped
Enmatter finds
II Crude Oil @ 336m

Changing locations I TPed to Atlas North and headed north. I hit 2 out of 4 drops so I was happy with a 50% find ratio! and I got a new rank in drilling!

>>Mining Results:
Enmatter - III - II 50% find ratio :D Note I am using a EF-103 finder unamped
Enmatter finds
III Crude Oil @ 458m
II Melchi Water @ 178m

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 381 > 384
Drilling 388 > 388
Geology 327 > 328
Mining 340 > 340
Prospecting 334 > 334

All in all a fun day! It was nice to fill up the Knights Karma pool again, I am sure we will see some nice Globals and HOFs soon!

This is Captain Mac signing off...

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 14

6-30-2008
New influx and jumping from place to place

Awaking from my slumber at Sakura City, I moved slowly as I worked out the sleep from my muscles. I looked like it was going to be a nice day. My ME sales are going well (my comm indicated that my 4K of ME sold at buyout :) ) but I still do not have any operating capitol. I have a small amount of ammo, so I think ill try some sweat hunting at East Scylla Mountains.

I love the smells out here, and the sounds of the unhindered wind! I sweated for a while and killed a bit, but only eneded up with a small amount of sweat, few bits of loot and level 6 BLP Pistoleer

Heading back to civilization my comm went off and indicated I had a message, it was from earth! Wow it seems my younger brother Kaden has won a small lottery! Good for him... but wait there is more...holy smokes he actually repaid me for some money he borrowed. I had almost forgotten about that. I checked my ped balance and sure enough I was almost 400 peds richer! Time for a new gun and some equipment repairs (and get a heap of bombs for mining!)

I checked out the auction for a Riker UL3 and only found 2, one was a unlimited one going for 8K..too rich for my pedcard and a 40% condition UL3. I asked around to see if anyone ion the society had one or knew where to get one. Someone suggested Sao's Shop, so I headed that way. But unfortunately he had none, so I settled on the 40% condition one at 126%, which isnt bad considering the MU was at 128%.

I then looked for some more 2A plates for my shogun armor and found a couple for tt+1.75, which was the best price I could find. Now only my Shogun feet does not have plates, all the rest are loaded for action with 2A plates.

I fully repaired my OF-103 and EF-103 and my Fap-35, I bought 100 bombs and 6K of Medium Laser Rounds...Im Ready to rock and roll!

I headed off to Emerald Lakes and headed NE to do some mining. The mining was not bad, but I didn't stay long as the Molisk Raider took a dislike to me. The after reviving I headed do east dropped a couple and gpt ambushed by a Warrior Gen 3 bot who took me out in one shot.

>>Mining Results:
Ore - - III III - 40% Hit Ratio Nice! Note I am using a EF-103 finder unamped
Ore finds
III Belkar Stone @ 87m
III Gazzurdite @ 310m

As I died a second time, I took it as a hint that I needed to go elsewhere. I chose Fort Argus. Arriving in the savanah like area I head SW and then swung back to the East until I ran into a Argos I couldnt handle and ended up at Camp Echidna.

>>Mining Results:
Ore - V - - - - - III III - - - 25% Hit Ratio Not Bad! Note I am using a EF-103 finder unamped
Ore finds
V Belkar Stone @ 240m
III Lysterium @ 271m
III Lysterium @ 372m

Next I got the crazy idea to see if I could handle a young Ambu so I headed to Nea's Place to find out. You know what... not even close. Every shot with my UL3 was meet by it regenerating all the damage, and on top of that my armor didn't seem to stop the beatings I was taking..so I ran away!

So to finish up the day I thought I might goto Swamp Camp and hunt some Combibos and what ever else ran in front of me. Dropping a number of bombs while I did so only netted me one find, which is certainly better than nothing. But I did find 107 Caroots and that was nice. I didn't loot anything of note and called it a day!

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 384 > 384
Drilling 388 > 388
Geology 328 > 328
Mining 340 > 350
Prospecting 334 > 348

The Angus Logs, EF Version #15

7-01-2008
Bombing the Carpet

note: a small update to the VU installed

So getting up today, I had a feeling that it would be a good day. I had plenty of bombs and ammo and a decent gun (UL3). Looking at the amount of bombs I had it occurred to me that I can finally try some carpet bombing.
*Carpet Bombing is where you select an area and systematically drop a bomb or probe in such a way that you can cover an whole area and extract everything you can*

So I stepped out into the sun from the Sakura City Trade Center, walked across the grass and stepped up to the TP platform. I like this place because it is not crowded with people and its not dead like some other places. I stepped into the light and made the jump to the forests of Oshiri Hearts. My target area was once again LA 45 "Miners Paradise" SW of Oshiri. I headed on down dodging the wildlife as I didnt want to use up any ammo at this time (or Die)

As I approached the NE corner of the LA, I stopped for a moment and admired the raw beauty of this area.

Now this is the most bombs I have ever dropped. It was nice to have so many that I was able to carpet bomb the entire area. During this process I got a new rank in Prospecting, Mining and Computers I was thought that man this is a pretty place to mine!

A claim of note was a level IX Copper that I got near the end of my run.

>>Mining Results: LA 45
Ore - III - - - III - - - III IV - V III - - - III - - - - - - III III III - - - - IV III - - IV - - - - - III IV IX - - V - - - - - - - - - V V - - - V - - 31% Hit Ratio Nice! Note I am using a EF-103 finder unamped
Ore finds
III Megan Stone @ 229m
III Copper Stone @ 208m
III Belkar Stone @ 110m
IV Belkar Stone @ 171m
V Belkar Stone @ 173m
III Belkar Stone @ 316m
III Belkar Stone @ 240m
III Copper Stone @ 226m
III Belkar Stone @ 274m
III Belkar Stone @ 236m
IV Belkar Stone @ 237m
III Copper Stone @ 307m
IV Belkar Stone @ 250m
III Copper Stone @ 188m
IV Copper Stone @ 376m
IX Copper Stone @ 275m
V Belkar Stone @ 254m
V Copper Stone @ 225m
V Copper Stone @ 402m
V Erdorium Stone @ 402m

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 384 > 384
Drilling 388 > 388
Geology 328 > 337
Mining 350 > 372
Prospecting 348 > 366

After I finished this run I decided to just swim to Sofia's Crater as it was closer and had less mobs to contend with that with heading North to Oshiri. I ran into nothing until I hit the shore and was promptly killed by these giant tripod looking creatures. But I revived at Sofia's Crater and all was good.

I then headed to Sakura City and ran into Wyn so i unloaded my ores and made a decent profit.

>>Ores sold (as Ingots)and Enmatter (in a refined state): 456 Belkar, 79 Lysterium, 56 Copper, 3 Erdorium, 2 Megan 1 Gazzurdite and 13 Melchi Crystals with a tt value of 62.56 peds. Sold all for 68.76 or 110% to Wyn.

Since I had not done so in a while I decided to do a small run on Basic Filter as I had mined both Oil and Lyst and had 119 of each.

>>Crafting Results: Basic Filters, Did 119 clicks (1 Lysterium Ingot, 1 Oil) I ended up with 328 Basic Filters, 8 Metal Residue and 163 Energy Matter Remnants. I also got a Basic Tube BP (lvl 1) and a Basic Bearings BP (lvl1) which was nice as I needed both for my BP Books and my BP. My QR went from 27 to 29.6

All in all a very enjoyable day in Entropia!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 16

7-03-2008
Stay away from the Flax LA!

Do you every get the itch to just kill things? That is how I felt and I had a pocketful of ammo to and a decent gun. So I jumped into the TP and headed out to Orthos West Mound. I appeared and started running West. I crested a hill and saw my first prey, a Young Merp. I ran up to it guns ablazin!
He then hit me for 24 pt, 34 pt and 27 pt.....I was like...what the Fbomb!! They usually do only 1 pt of dmg per hit!! The I realized something....I wasnt wearing any armor :shock: It was kind of like those dreams you have where you goto school in only your underwear, but this was real! I finished off the Merp and promptly got my armor on :wink:

I was getting decent loots from the Molisks, Merps, Atrax and Droids and even got a new rank in Weapons Handling when I got my one decent loot from a Molisk young. He loaded me up with 7 Molisk Teeth, 1 Animal Oil Residue, 38 Thin Wools, 7 Animal Muscle Oils and 604 Medium Laser Rounds all with a tt value of 15.83

Through my comm unit I was monitoring the Teamspeak channel and it sounded like a TP run was getting organized, so I turned around and headed back to the Orthos TP. After much discussion the path was laid out! TI Castle to TI CIty SE through the water and then East along the shoreline, trying to avoid the Flax LA to the South, around the NE edge of Flax LA and South to Wolverine's Hope.....at least that was the plan...

So Rake, Xeurol Dirk and myself plus Chopper and Mo from TKoC HQ formed a team called "TKoC Get Out On The Way". As we started heading out we ran into a huge spawn of Trilomites. They were not hard to handle but while going through them Choppers PC crashed but his avatar kept running right into the center of a large group of them. But as luck would have it only a few chased his uncontrolled avatar and soon lost interest. Dirk raced ahead to cover Choppers Ava while Chopper logged back in. The rest of us were shooting at some Trilomites a bit back from Chopper and Dirk when they hit a global..golden swirlies!! Even though the rest of us had nothing to do with the kill it was fun to see the swirlies wrap around my avatar! Big Gratz to Chopper and Dirk for their 67 ped global!!
We headed out and ended up winding ourselves through Globsters on the right and Droids on the left. The droids were not an issue but we stayed away from the globs.

Keep in mind while we were running everyone was dropping bombs and probes, sucking the goodies out of the ground! No one globaled but there where allot of claims found. Before I list my finds first the story of the Flax LA and why you should not go there unless you are an ubers uber....not just and uber (we had 2 in the party) but an uber uber!

We swam across the water from TI City to the North Shore just above Flax LA area. We warned the newer members to avoid the Flax (I still have nightmares about getting stuck over here!) We were doing a great job of keeping our distance and managed to get around the NE edge of the LA when Chopper up ahead ran into a Flax...and the fight was on! Mo came up and started blasting away and then, I believe Mo died first *keep in mind we all consider him and Chopper Ubers compared to us* Then the Flax ran at someone else , Chopper was following it blasting away with his really big and fast BLP gun. Then Xeurol died.
Having flashbacks of when I got stuck out here, I gave the Flax a wide berth! I know its not very knightly but these things scare the bejesus out of me!! Everyone was shooting the Flax and he was down maybe 70% on his health when Chopper died and Rake died and Dirk too...... :shock: I ran away :oops: yes I am not proud about it...but there it is.

While everyone revived at the LA outpost I continued on South towards Wolverine's Hope, dropping probes and bombs as I went. Everyone on the group was on teamspeak so I was intently listening to them as they formulated a plan of escape. Normally you would just jump out to the East, but Xeurol had yet to invest in a TP chip (just like I was when I got stuck out here!) They tried for 30 -40 minutes to run out but kept getting killed. Finally they decided to send Mo out to get a TP chip for Xeurol so they could all jump out together. That was the plan that ultimately worked.

So just to be clear, if you run by the LA to the South of TI City, you better have a TP chip and ME just in case!!!

I finished running to Wolverine's Hope about 10 minutes or so before they got out and arrived there. To recount my mining..I had a very good run

>>Mining Results: TI Castle S to TI City SE to shore and then E to corner of Flax LA and then South to Wolverine's Hope
Enmatter II II II IV - II - 71% Hit Ratio :shock:! Note I am using a EF-103 finder unamped
Ore III - - - - IV - - 25% Hit Ratio Nice! Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped
Enmatter finds
II Growth Molecules @ 234m
II Sweetstuff @ 217m
II Alicenies Liquid @ 226m
IV Alicenies Liquid @ 301m
II Alicenies Liquid @ 384m
Ore finds
III Belkar Stone @ 294m
IV Belkar Stone @ 469m

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 384 > 387
Drilling 388 > 388
Geology 337 > 337
Mining 372 > 375
Prospecting 366 > 371

While I was waiting for the guys to arrive at Wolverine's Hope I decided to put some of the Wool Thread to use and try some Mannell Shoes Crafting.

>>Crafting Results: Mannell Shoes, Did 7 clicks (9 generic leathers, 1 Wool Thread and 1 Fine Leather) I ended up with two pair (2.90/9.00 and 1.99/9.00) :wink: and my BP QR went from 3.4 to 4.0

Another decent day, I dont know how many more of these I can stand :wink:

Captain Mac signing off!!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 17

7-4-2008
Happy 4th of July Everyone

This wont be a flashy post as I didnt get to play much due to the 4th celebrations :)

I started the day with a trip to Fort Zeus headed off in the western direction. Iwas taking out combibo and merps and occasionally dropping bombs. Didnt find much so I moved on to some new mining grounds.

>>Mining Results:
Ore V - - - - - 16% Hit Ratio Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped
Ore finds
V Lysterium Stone @ 258m

Reading through my comm notes I decided to try an area I had not mined before. South of Cape Corinth Advocate has had allot of luck, so I thought I would give it a try. Well all I found was Hungry Atrox...and you know what a low level person who is low on ammo does when he/she is noticed by an Atrox .....

RUN AWAY!!!

I dropped 5 bombs just in the Southern region of the Cape and found nothing. But I did get a new rank in Laser Weaponry while shooting at some Sabakumas :)

>>Mining Results:
Ore - - - - - 0% Hit Ratio Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped

and that is all she worte folks..

Captain Mac signing off!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 18

7-5-2008
Its a big one!

I spent the night at Curun Dal Camp (338,201) I slept really well with the sounds of the crashing surf in my ears and a turret to keep mobs away. Getting up I streched and got my gear together and continued my trek south. After a bit of mining and shooting the local mobs I turned East and headed towards Hadesheim.
During my trip I did get to raises in levels, I reached level 5 in the Whipper (DMG) Profession and level 5 in Swordsman (DMG) Profession!

At one point I was headed over a small hill and ended up running through a group of Merps and Meffiods. They didn't like me there and the chase was on!
I truned and started taking out the merps, but I was too low on ammo and already beat up, and you know what that means.

But all in all mining was decent here.

>>Mining Results:
Ore V - - - - IV - - IX III - - - IV V - - - - - VIII - - 30% Hit Ratio :) Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped
Ore finds
V Lysterium Stone @ 233m
IV Iron Stone @ 225m
IX Iron Stone @ 247m
III Narcanisum Stone @ 171m
IV Gazzurdite Stone @ 193m
V Cumbriz Stone @ 279m
VIII Lysterium Stone @ 250m

With a IX and a VIII and a 30% hit ratio, I would say this was a good run...but the best was yet to come!

So after reviving at Hadesheim I ran to the TP and made a jump to Sakura City for some crafting!

>>Crafting Results: Basic Filters Did 119 clicks (1 Lysterium Ingot, 1 Oil) I ended up with 250 Basic Filters, 8 Metal Residue and 138 Energy Matter Remnants. My QR went from 29.6 to 30.5

I then had an hunting itch and 2000 ammo so I headed to Camp Pheonix and when Southwest to Molisk lands. I dropped bombs as I went but didnt find anything nor did I get a big booty from the Molisks so headed back to the TP and jumped to Twins and try my luck at some concentrated mining...and I am glad I did! During the mining I attained Level 3 in Prospector, Level 3 Surveyor, Level 1 Reviver and Level 1 Biotropian.

At one point I dropped a bomb next to a shallow lake and got a claim..but the was a problem....it was in the water but the top was sticking out of the water. I could not get low enough into the water to get the claim..so I had to leave it :mad:
Just beyond this lake was a small building with various anti human signs on it. Very strange indeed.

>>Mining Results: Twins West to South to East and finally NE to Nymphtown
Ore V - III - - - - III III - - - III - - III - IV - III XI - - - - V - - III - - - III III - - - - - - - III - IV - III - - III - - - - 32% Hit Ratio :) Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped
Ore finds
V Copper Stone @ 161m
III Lysterium Stone @ 421m
III Lysterium Stone @ 337m
III Lysterium Stone @ 329m
III Lysterium Stone @ 136m
III Lysterium Stone @ 93m
IV Lysterium Stone @ 284m
III Iron Stone @ 261m
XI Lysterium Stone @ 321m
IV Lysterium Stone @ 349m
III Lysterium Stone @ 108m
III Lysterium Stone @ 428m
III Lysterium Stone @ 418m
III Copper Stone @ 336m
IV Lysterium Stone @ 306m
III Lysterium Stone @ 428m
III Narcanisum Stone @ 260m

The sizable XI Lysterium was worth over 33 ped by itself!!! and it made my day :D

Current Mining Skills:

Surveying 387 > 387
Drilling 388 > 388
Geology 337 > 351
Mining 375 > 421
Prospecting 371 > 391

Too finish out the day I was able to contact Wyn and sell off some of my ores.

>>Ores sold (as Ingots)and Enmatter (in a refined state): 2016 Lysterium. 65 Belkar, 43 Iron, 11 Narcanisum, 9 Cumbriz, 8 Copper, 6 Gazzurdite and 34 Alicenies Gel with a tt value of 99.58 peds. Sold all for 106.04 or 106% to Wyn.

What a nice day it was..

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 19

7-6-2008
6% But..... :yay:

After taking care of morning business ( you know what I mean ;) ) I decided to goto an new area..but I was in for a surprise. I headed to New Switzerland and pointed myself to the North and was able to drop 4 bombs before....I ran into an invisable wall. It seems MA has not yet finished the area to the North of New Switzerland. I Chatted with Erin, Soa and Chopper about this on teamspeak and they indicated that the eastern part of the continent was also like this. So I turned east for a bit and then South back to the TP.

>>Mining Results:
Ore - - V III - - - - III 33% Hit Ratio Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped
Ore finds
V Copper Stone @ 327m
III Lysterium Stone @ 287m
III Belkar Stone @ 514m

OK, so while at the TP I brought up the world map and checked for areas I have not mined yet. Looking at my options I settled on Segna Forest. A quick TP jump there and I step out in to the mist shrouded lands of Segna. Visibility is not far in these lands and you can feel the moisture in the air. In th e distance you can barely hear the grunts of the giant mobs, the Chompers! They are so big that when you enter an area that has them their bulk rises out of the mists before anythings else does. I ran into plenty of Meffiods and was briefly stuck at the LA east of the TP, it seems the Meffiods enjoy smashing humans..who would have thought! But all in all it was a good mining run.

I also got to Level 6 Psychotropian profession!

>>Mining Results:
Ore - III V - - - - III IV - IV - V II - - - - - V - - III III - 40% Hit Ratio :) Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped
Ore finds
III Blausarian Stone @ 527m
V Blausarian Stone @ 248m
III Blausarian Stone @ 130m
III Frigulite Stone @ 235m (First time I have gotten this ore :))
IV Lanorium Stone @ 361m
V Blausarian Stone @ 375m
II Lanorium Stone @ 453m
V Blausarian Stone @ 52m
III Lanorium Stone @ 524m
III Blausarian Stone @ 384m

As I am mining I alway monitor the society channel for activity and coming across the line was Moosy arranging a TP run for Mainframe. So as I am alway up to help a fellow knight get TP, I decided to cut short my mining and go join them at Pam's Corner. I thougth I could always mine as we ran. So we ran and shot at mobs, even took down a couple of Atrox! I was dropping bombs every minute of so but was getting no claims...but then after my 5th drop I got a claim. It was a level XII Zinc!!! Wow thats big. So I stopped and started mining it..and mining and mining......By the time I had gotten it all I checked the value....ahhhhh I just missed a global!! 48.50 peds of Zinc. A very nice claim indeed.

>>Mining Results:
Ore - - - - - XII- - - - - - - - - 6% Hit Ratio :) Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped
Ore finds
XII Zinc Stone @ 344m

Of course MA givith, MA takith away...I never got a claim the rest of the day :(

During our run we hit Nate's Valley and were headed towards Rei's Defense when we ran into too many Atrox...and you know what that means...

Run Away!!

We ran for a while, then main frame died and the 3 Atrox that killed him, went after me. Now they were not doing alot of damage to me but I knew that even with Moosy's help we could take them all, and on top of that mainframe was now at some outpost somewhere. So I took off my armor and let them kill me so i could goto where Mainframe was. It didn't take them long to kill me. I arrived at the out post and saw mainframe. I stepped off the revival platform looked around and then looked back at mainframe and he was gone!!! (disconnected) Then Moosy said she would be right there and she appeared at the revival barley alive. She then staggered off the platform, I ran towards here and poof..she was gone too! (disconnected). So here I was standing alone in Atrox land, by myself. So I sat down at the outpost and waited for a bit to see if they would come back..and fell asleep.

When I awoke I was still alone, so I checked my comm and saw that Moosy was somewhere. She sent me a message asking where I went? I retold my story and we laughed. So I continued my trek south until I reached Rei's Defense. From there I TP back to Segna and continued mining North of the TP, but never found another claim. But I did get a new rank in Geology

>>Mining Results:
Ore - - - - - - - - 0% Hit Ratio Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped

Loaded with Zinc ore I decided to call it a day!

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 387 > 387
Drilling 364 > 364 (corrected for entry error)
Geology 351 > 360
Mining 421 > 437
Prospecting 391 > 407

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 20

7-7-2008
Mining and Crafting and Hunting..and a Global..oh my!

With fond memories of shooting at Gradavore's yesterday I returned to the 2nd LA south of Palm's Corner for some hunting and mining. I dropped a couple of bombs but didn't find anything, but the hunting was a little better. Picked up a couple more Grad skins to make some leather out of them. After my ammo got low I headed back to the TP, ammoed up and headed to Segna for a little more mining.

I got to Segna and headed SW and only dropped 1 bomb when my comm link went off that Dirk was organizing a Opalo hunt at Argus, so I turned around and head off to Fort Argus.

Stepping out of the TP at Argus I was met by Dirk, Pus, SirGlow and Moosy. We formed a opalo team and headed off NE to hunting the Corny's and such. At one point I was low on ammo and jumped back to Argus and resupplied, once I jump back to the guys and helped take out a Corny I looted 2 Bigwig Boards, 1 Kolbold Faceguard (M), 318 Medium Weapon Cells, 49 Animal Hides, 245 Animal Muscle Oils and 1 Animal Oil Residue. Very Nice!

Later we headed into Feffoid country and beat up on them for a while. Loot was good but nothing special. While we were hunting I occasionally dropped Bombs and ending up with 3 claims, including a nice level VI Lsyt. While hunting and mining I got a new rank in Marksmanship and attained level 2 Dodge profession.

>>Mining Results:
Ore - VI - III III - 50% Hit Ratio Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped
Ore finds
VI Lysterium Stone @ 347m
III Lysterium Stone @ 227m
III Iron Stone @ 324m

After I ran out of ammo a second time, we decided to disband and head our merry ways. I made my way back to Argus TP and jumped to Sakura City for some crafting.

>>Crafting Results: Basic Pants Did 2 clicks (9 Generic Leathers, 1 Molisk Enamel Button and 1 Fine Thread) I ended up with 1 pair of pants (1.88/7.00), and 15 Tailoring Remnants. My QR went unchanged at 2.8.

>>Crafting Results: Basic Shirts Did 6 clicks (4 Generic Leathers, 5 Molisk Enamel Button and 2 Wool Cloth) I ended up with 4 shirts (1.49/7.00), (1.55/7.00), (1.76/7.00) and (7.00/7.00) and 972 Tailoring Remnants :D . My QR went from 5.6 to 6.3

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 121 clicks (2 Generic Leathers,1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 39 Generic Leather Textures 123 Metal Remnants and 63 Tailoring Remnants . My QR went from 48.2 to 49.1

Once I was done with crafting, I ammoed up and headed to Orthos West Mound to hunt the Molisks, Merps, Droids and Atrax. While hunting I attained level 2 Swordsman (Hit) Profession and Level 12 BLP Sniper (Hit) Profession. I also dropped 2 bombs and hit 1 claim. By the way I maxed out my Riker UL3 right before it broke.

>>Mining Results:
Ore - V 50% Hit Ratio! Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped
Ore finds
V Caldorite Stone @ 193m

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 387 > 387
Drilling 364 > 364
Geology 360 > 362
Mining 437 > 440
Prospecting 407 > 410

Then for the second time today my Comm buzzed with a call for a TP run. The run was for Xeurol, Rake, Dirk and Tata, and they were led by Jef, myself and from TKoC HQ, Chopper and Mo. The team name was "TKoC TP Run..a long one!". We started at Emerald Lakes TP and headed West to Shinook Jungle and then on to Solfais's Crater. We shot many thing and loot was small, but as we crossed the water headed to Solfais's we ran into Itumatrox and the second one we killed, a Provider, gave us a nifty 54 ped global! You got to love TKoC TP runs!!

While on the run, I found 24 Nissit stones, so to end the day I did a little more crafting

>>Crafting Results: Nissit Textures Did 24 clicks (2 Basic Stone Extractors,1 Nissit Stone) I ended up with 8 Nissit Textures and 1 Metal Remnants. My QR went from 1 to 2.1

and that was the end of another great day in Entropia

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 21

7-8-2008
from Molisks to Combibos

So I get up from a good nights rest and check out the view screen in the lobby of the Sakura City Trade Center....hmm nothing new today. I look around the room and make a mental note of the folks that are here. I find it neat to look for return users (regulars) to the center. Then I amble over to storage and make a list of Ores I have to sell, close to 100 peds worth. I need to sell these soon so I can get back to mining, but the little break is good for the soul too :)

I have been using a Riker UL1 for the last couple of days, and you know what...I like this weapon. The UL3 did nice damage but eating 6 rounds a shot, I found that an amped UL1 did more avg damage and burned less ammo than an unamped UL3, and I still get good skill gains even though I have maxed everything up through the Riker UL3. I think the amp is boosting my skill gain. Now with the Breer M4a being so freakin expensive, I think Ill stick with the amped UL1 for a while.

That said, I bought 2K ammo and headed out into the noon day sun (I am not an early riser most of the time) I walked up to the TP gazing off to my right I admired the light glistening off the water. I stepped onto the TP platform and brought up the listing of TPs. hmm....Orthos..yes that will do the trick!

I love the smell of the Orthos TP area. It has that nice pine needle scent that reminds me of earth. I check my gear and gun, make sure I am wearing my armor this time..check and check ammo supplies..over 2K..check! I start my jog to the West and over the small hills there, but I dont find anything, I turn South and soon run into some Merps and Atrax...let the shooting begin!

The loot was decent but nothing super special. At one point I was taking out a Molisk when a green dot appeared on my radar being followed by 2 Atrax, 1 Merp and 1 Droid. I truned an looked at him as I was finishing off the Molisk and he stopped and turned around and pulled out this giant gattling gun and started blowing them away! Man the gun sounds familiar..and sure enough I get a good look at the guy and it turns out to be Chopper from TKoC HQ. At that point I knew he was fine and said howdy, he said hello, finished off the mobs and headed West (PVP was my guess). I continued to hunt until I ran out of ammo.
Of course I ran out as I had almost killed a Atrax young, so I had to run back to the TP and its gun to shake it and the others that joined in the chase of me. I ended up with about 15 peds of tt stuff to buy more ammo. I also gained a number of new levels in various professions. I attained the following:
Level 5 in the Knifefighter (DMG) profession
Level 6 in the Ranged Gauss (DMG) profession
Level 6 in the Pyrotropian (DMG) profession
Level 6 in the Ranged Plasma (DMG) profession

Since I manged to collect allot of Animal Hides I thought I would take a little break at Sakura and craft a little. Looking though my crafting supplies I decide I can only do 1 click on Basic Pattern Shirts, which may be risky but I added 200 Tailoring Remnants to up the returns, and it worked.

>>Crafting Results:
Basic Shirts Did 1 click (4 Generic Leathers, 5 Molisk Enamel Button and 2 Wool Cloth) I ended up with 1 shirts (3.80/7.00) :) My QR remained at 6.3.

I sold the shirt and bought another 2K ammo and had one tough in mind...Combibos at Swamp Camp! I took the jump and stepped out of the PA TP. There were not many people around and no one I knew so i headed out towards the Stables by Swamp Camp.
Loot was decent, I was getting allot of hair spray (ended up with 11 bottles) and other tt items, when near the end of my ammo run I got a good loot from a Combibo Old; Kolbold Theigh Guards (M) (11.18 peds), 15 cans of Green paint, 63 Medium weapon cells and 2 Animal Oil Residues. All in all I made a profit of 6.32 on this run :) Profit is always good!

Once done with my ammo I made a dramatic exit via TP chip and ended up by the PA TP. When I was a uber newb I used to marvel at the people who were TPing everywhere..its neat to now be one of those people. I made the jump back to Sakura City and did a small run of Generic Leather Textures and then called it a night.

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 80 clicks (2 Generic Leathers,1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 36 Generic Leather Textures 213 Metal Remnants and 48 Tailoring Remnants . My QR went from 49.1 to 50.1

Once done at the crafting machine I found an unoccupied bench and settled down for the night...

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 22

7-10-2008
Chopper Choppers and the end of my gun

I was startled awake by a loud bang which caused me to half fall off the bench I was sleeping on. Looking around Sakura's Trade Center I noticed that a small man, dressing in brightly adorned clothing was sprawled out on the floor amidst a large scattering of Lysterium Ingots. He sat up and shook his head and looked around. Then then looked down at the ingots and franticly started to scoop the Lyst towards himself, as if someone was about to take it from him.

I sat up and rubbed my head and looked in my pack for some dried Snablesnot Jerky. It kinda of gamey but its food and it only cost a few weapon cells to procure. Crewing on my breakfast I take a good look at my Riker UL1. Its looking pretty banged up and I dont know how much longer it will continue to be operational. But it still has some life left in it, so I made my way to the TT Terminal and purchase 2K Med Cells for it.

I step out into the morning light and note a somewhat overcast sky. I wonder if rain is on its way. I stepped into the TP and selected Orthos as my destination. Why you might ask...we because if my Riker breaks out there I can still get by with my trusty Opalo Carbine.

I arrive at Orthos and point my self down the well worn path headed West. I note a few folks milling about and chatting. As I head into the hills I find a nice collection of Molisks and start my hunting run. The loots seem to be decent and got real good off this one young Molisk. After finishing him...it off I noted a old burlap bag that seemed to be filled with something. It is amazing at what these guys scavenge up sometimes. Opening his ...er I mean my sack..I found 518 medium weapon cells, 238 Animal Hides, 14 Wool, and 1 animal Muscle Oil. As molisk teeth are prized as a source of enamel buttons I checked the carcases mouth and found 5 teeth worthy of extraction.

After a shooting my way through the morning I stop on a hill and break out an energy bar I bought back at Sakura. Sitting and enjoying my meal I suddenly hear the mechanical sounds of a Droid moving about. I wheeled around and spied a level 1 Droid trying to sneak up on me. I fumble for my Riker and the fight was on! We exchanges laser blasts but my armor and Riker gave me the advantage. Soon it was nothing more than a pile of scrap.

Some of its lasers made it through my armor and plates but luckily I was able to later repair the damage with my Fap-35 healing kit. I like my armor, the additions of 2A plates has really beefed up the Shogun defenses. I finish my hunting by early afternoons and head back to the TP and Sakura City.

Looking through my good I thought of a little diversion of attempting to craft a basic pattern shirt. I have a good pile of tailoring remnants so it should help me make a better shirt....and sure enough it did.

>>Crafting Results:
Basic Shirts Did 1 click (4 Generic Leathers, 5 Molisk Enamel Button and 2 Wool Cloth) I ended up with 1 shirts (4.50/7.00) :) Success rate: 100% My QR remained at 6.3. and I got a new rank in Textiles

After the success of crafting the shirt I switched to Generic Leather Textures.

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 48 click (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 14 Generic Leather textures, 24 Tailoring remnants and 20 Metal residues Success rate: 29% My QR went from 50.1 to 50.4.

I still havnt found a buyer yet for my Ores and I have an itch to mine so I rustled up some peds to buy 40 Enmatter Probes. I had heard a rumor that Memorial Island had some good Enmatter to the West of the TP, so off I went.

I ended up circling the island and heading north to the Bercyled LA and mining up there. I think someone has recently mined he cause all I am finding is Crude Oil and very tiny deposits of it.

>>Mining Results:
Enmatter - - III - - III - IV - - - - III - - II II - - - - II - - - - - - - III - - - II 26% Hit Ratio Note I am using a EF-103 finder unamped
Enmatter finds
III Crude Oil @ 434m
III Crude Oil @ 446m
IV Crude Oil @ 243m
III Crude Oil @ 398m
II Crude Oil @ 438m
II Crude Oil @ 297m
II Crude Oil @ 142m
III Crude Oil @ 342m
II Crude Oil @ 409m

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 387 > 391
Drilling 364 > 370
Geology 362 > 367
Mining 440 > 440
Prospecting 410 > 410

As I was finishing up my mining run, I overheard on the Teamspeak channel that TKoC HQ Chopper was setting up a society event in the PVP1 zone. The event was being billed as Kill the Chopper and win a prize! I thought that sounded like fun. We were told to meet in PA and make the run North to PVP1. I arrived to find some of our newer society members chatting with each other. I introduced myself to Militza and Slicer and soon we were off, Atakon was going to join us, but he was going to jump in when we got close to the PVP zone. We formed a team call TKoC Chopper Choppers. As we reached the edge of the PVP zone we ran into grouping of mobs and had to clear the path of some of them. We were joined by Atakon and forged on. As luck would have it we did not run into anyone on our trip and found the PVP settlement around 4042,11358. Chopper was already up on a platform when we got wind that our illustrious leader Thad was going to join us. We got kinda close to Choppers position but then backed off and waited for Thad. Well it seems half way to us Thad got ambushed and had to continue his trek to us from a revival station :wink:
Shortly after that I was standing there looking at possible good attack angle to hit Chopper from when my ears popped and in a flash of red lights Thad appeared next to me.
We then headed straight for Chopper, I angled off to the left to circle around and everyone else headed right for him. We all ended up running up a ramp and the fight was on. It is very different shooting at another colonist than a angry mob who just stands in front of you. Soon Chopper was healing him self and hopped of the platform and the chase was on! Chopper was using the buildings and structures to weave in and out of to avoid our shots, all the while healing himself with a very nice Fap.
About 10 minutes into the battle we had concentrated our firepower enough that a well placed blast from Militza took Chopper down.
It was great fun and was my first exposure to life in the PVP zone. Chopper TP to Atlas Haven and told us all to travel there for our prizes. So we ran back to PA TP (I could have TPed out but not everyone there has a TP chip, so I ran with them)
we arrived in TP to find Chopper and Thad standing there waiting for us. We all cheered Militza for her fine shooting and she was awarded a prize. each of us on the team also received a nice runner up prize. Chopper bestowed upon me a nice Minor Nerve Blast Chip. Chopper informed us that all the prizes were donated by Eddy from the HQ. We all stood and cheered Militza, Chopper and Eddy.

Once the fun was over and the prizes awarded I happened to notice....my gun didnt look so good. I flipped it over to take a good look at it and the grip fell off. I tried to put it back on and I could tell the posts that hold it in place had sheared off. Well we served me well these last couple of weeks. I sold the gun for scrap...looks like I am back to the Opalo for now :wink:

and thus ended another fun day on Calypso.

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 23

7-11-2008 and 7-12-2008
A Haircut and LA 45 FUN!

7-11-08: I was really busy in RL and only did a very small run at Fort Zeus.

>>Mining Results:
Enmatter - - II - - II 33% Hit Ratio Note I am using a EF-103 finder unamped
Enmatter finds
II Crude Oil @ 156m
II Crude Oil @ 288m

7-12-08: Now the fun begins!

I decided to start the day looking for a buyer for my ores. Wyn was not online and I needed peds for bombs (as usual), so I headed to Twins, and not finding a decent buyer there I jumped to PA. While looking for buyers I heard someone yell out advertising haircuts for 7 peds.......hmm a haircut....I am tired of my old dew I have had forever...and 7 peds that my kind of price! The yeller said that haircuts are being done at Genesis HQ in Tower A apt 13D.

I jumped to Genesis and found Tower A. I took the televator to the 13th flood and entered the door of 13D. Walking in I find a gentleman sitting in a Lounge Chair. We exchanged pleasantries and he got to work on my hair. I asked him to be gentle as this was my first time :wink:
He told me that the cut may fail the few couple of times, but usually takes by the second try. So cutting he went, and after his first attempt..nope, no change. So he tried again....another failure, and now my head is getting sore. He commented that I have some very tough hair...and he tried a third time and bingo a new me was born!! I thanked him and went on my merry way.

You know its amazing how the hunting or mining itch seems to get under your skin, and only a prolonged jaunt on either will satisfy you. So this morning, the hunting itch hit. But it was a little different. Since I broke my bigger gun I was reduced to using the trusty Opalo. With that in mind I set my sights on East Scylla Mountains and the Snables and Exo that live there.

As I stepped through the TP the persistent easterly winds caressed my face. Just a hint of moisture in the air as the winds carry themselves across the river to the west. I was loaded with 1546 Medium Weapon Cells and was aiming to use them all to satisfy my itch...and I am glad I did. I scored a bunch of loot include a nice Fap-15 worth over 15 peds..off a Snable to boot!

Once my run was complete I found that off 15 peds of ammo I made almost 20 peds in loot..you gotta love profit!

Once I was done hunting I checked my comm and noticed that Wyn was available. I contacted him and he said come on down. I met him on the 3rd floor of Twins Mall in the Auction room. I laid out my bounty and he offered me a price, which I accepted.

>>Ores sold (as Ingots)and Enmatter (in a refined state): 463 Lysterium, 161 Zinc, 120 Blausarium, 19 Belkar, 9 Iron, 9 Copper, 8 Caldorite, 7 Lanorium, 7 Frigulite, 5 Narc and 654 Oil with a tt value of 111.06 peds. Sold all for 117.86 or 106% to Wyn.

Cool, with peds in my pocket I can plan my next mining run. I thought that since I was in Twins I would mining this area for a while and see what I could find. I bought Bombs and Probes and headed out. I went SW and the East. As I was running I ran into some Large Exos and they beat on me pretty good, I killed many but then ran low on ammo and ended up getting killed. I then spent the next half hour jumping on top of mobs and getting my ass handed to me. The mining wasn't that great so I eventually moved on.

>>Mining Results: SW and the East and then TP from Twins S and SW
Ore - - - IV - - - - - - 10% Hit Ratio Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped
Enmatter II - - - - II III 43% Hit Ratio Note I am using a EF-103 finder unamped
Ore finds
IV Erdorium Stone @ 249m
Enmatter Finds
II Crude Oil @ 259m
II Garcen Grease @ 348m
III Crude Oil @ 258m

Looking for greener pastures I head back to LA 45 for some good old fashioned carpet bombing, but this time, with both bombs and Probes. This time I started at the North East corner and worked my way N to S then W a little and back North. I bombed until the days light gave way to the cool evening.

>>Mining Results: SW from Oshiri to LA 45
Ore V - - - - III - - - - - - - - - II V - - - - - - - IV - III IV - - - V - V - IV - - - - V - - - - - V - - - 25% Hit Ratio Note I am using a OF-103 finder unamped
Enmatter - - - - - - III - - VI II - - - - - VII - - III - - III II - - - 26% Hit Ratio Note I am using a EF-103 finder unamped
Ore finds
V Copper Stone @ 153m
III Copper Stone @ 265m
II Belkar Stone @ 262m
V Copper Stone @ 283m
IV Iron Stone @ 234m
III Copper Stone @ 268m
IV Belkar Stone @ 307m
V Belkar Stone @ 138m
III Copper Stone @ 193m
IV Copper Stone @ 398m
V Erdorium Stone @ 347m
V Erdorium Stone @ 367m
Enmatter Finds
III Melchi Water @ 202m
VI Garcen Grease @ 368m
II Melchi Water @ 352m
VII Melchi Water @ 174m
III Melchi Water @ 249m
III Magerian Mist @ 319m
II Magerian Mist @444m

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 391 > 398
Drilling 370 > 381
Geology 367 > 377
Mining 440 > 452
Prospecting 410 > 422

It was a very nice day. I ended up just sleeping under the stars that night....dreaming of a giant mining Hof :D

Back