The beginning of the end of armor as we know it?

Status
Witte said:
Hmm I am not sure what to think yet. Since (L) armor offer totaly NO advantage over non (L) armor, it seems pretty useless...
Disagree. Please read my post 4 entries above yours. :)

Vedder said:
Disagree. Please read my post 4 entries above yours. :)

If you repair your armor regular, you will have nearly full protection too all the time.

So basicly, the only advantage is you dont need to (and cant) repair it. But since you need to buy a new one every time its broken, i cannot call this an advantage.

Witte said:
If you repair your armor regular, you will have nearly full protection too all the time.

So basicly, the only advantage is you dont need to (and cant) repair it. But since you need to buy a new one every time its broken, i cannot call this an advantage.
Hmm.. On long runs, with low tt armor such as Angel, it does make a difference. However, you're right... For most armors, it's not important.

Still the (L) armors seems to have better protection than their normal cousins.

Imo it all depends on the eco/price/markup on the (L) armors, whether they will be useful.

yeah, markup will be tricky as hell to determine.

one could argue that you should only buy it for tt:
say ur only ever going to use ghost, and so only pay the markup once (~+300). you hunt 27/7. so how do you convert un(L) markup into (L) markup?? convert a whole years worth of hunting with ghost for ~300 into the number of (L) suits that it would come to for one year, and the same markup. its mission impossible time.

Vedder said:
Hmm.. On long runs, with low tt armor such as Angel, it does make a difference. However, you're right... For most armors, it's not important.

Still the (L) armors seems to have better protection than their normal cousins.

Imo it all depends on the eco/price/markup on the (L) armors, whether they will be useful.

I think one issue is that any armor that offers lower protection then ghost, is useless as (L). There are so many alternatives at very low markup, that (L) isnt a clever option.

But maybe an equalivant of shadow is a nice deal at 200 or maybe 300%. To use it as your main equipment still seems useless. Another option is that the materials to craft the non(L) armors will soon stop to drop. And at the same time all the non(L) items will stop dropping.

Maybe in 2 years you will see a101, a102 for tt+500 ped. Who knows. (and when it becomes true everyone is banging his head for TTing those hehe)

the way to figure markup is the same as all (L) items

consider what it takes to make.
materials
BP rarity
BP level
and what people will pay

typically figure in how many you get from say 100 attempts
what does it cost to break even? to make profit?
consider the skills you gain
and if the bp's are unlimited and make (L) stuff, consider the QR value you gain

now take your figures and compare to what the market will pay

bodyguard and basically any other lvl3 armor and below....will likely not have a desire.
dragon, rascal, ghost, berserker, and any of the higher ones will likely have desirability.
these would be the obvious choices to skill in too btw

The trade off is when Eco of L armor is such that the repairing of a non L armor would cost more than a new set of L armor.

Meaning when it cost more to repair the same damage protected on a non L armor than buying a new Set of L armor it becomes a option and economic to buy a L armor.

Vap0r said:
Limited = BAD nuff said.

I emphatically disagree with this. The gains you get from (L) items in terms of skills reduced decay and improved stats (although so far (L) armor does not show improved stats) are worth their weight in gold.

Take the Korss H400 for example I have seen many people argue that the econ on the Korss H400 is not much better than normal but they always leave out the single most important factor HA and CA being 10/10 that makes a gigantic difference.

In terms of (L) armor we have had it for a long time people just do not realize it. (L) plates are (L) armor. Plates are armor they just can not be used alone. Personally I use 8a all the time. They are great, and the best part is when they break I buy another set of (L) plates that applies to what mob I want to hunt.

(L) armor has MAJOR advantages over unlimited armor. You do not have to buy 10 sets in unlimited armor so that you have the stupid set you need for whatever you want to hunt. I mean for god's sake check this out:

Armors I own (Because I hunt lots of different mobs)

Pixie
Goblin
Gnome
Vigi
Ghost
Gremlin

Plates:

1a
2a
2c
5a
5b
6a
8a

Building:

Salamander
Ghoul
Angel

Eventually:

Shadow
Eon
Suprem

This is totaly stupid. I have some serious money tied up in armor right now just because I like to hunt lots of different things.

By the time I am done I will have 12 sets of armor and 7 sets of plates and enough money tied up to buy a rural farm house in a small town. I would much rather use (L) armor and buy a set for what I feel like hunting and move on when it breaks or buy another.

The other up side to (L) items that people don't even think about is they help the economy. Some items are crafted others are looted. The crafted ones get the crafters in touch with the miners more and now the hunters as well. Also the increase in feff hunts needs to be considered due to the fact that people want a Korss. Putting more money into the loot system is never a bad thing. One day I am sure there will be enough money going in that we won't even feel the system saving for an ATH anymore.

Anyway Vap0r I have much respect for you but I do have to say that a blanket statement like you made just does not take into account many factors that make sense and are positive about (L) items. People just need to get over the fact that they are (L) and see it for what it is. In most cases you are paying a bit extra to be much more efficient which is a good deal.

If you do not believe me take your preferred laser pistol to twin north and find a dense argo spawn. See how long you can hunt on 50 PED ammo when killing things as constantly as possible. Then grab a low tt H400 and take 50 ped of ammo and see how long your hunt lasts with that. Or even better just count how many argo youngs you can kill with each weapon. you are going to see a VERY significant difference in numbers between H400 and any other reasonable HG. I have proven it myself, 10/10 makes a gigantic difference.

Kaiser said:
I emphatically disagree with this. The gains you get from (L) items in terms of skills reduced decay and improved stats (although so far (L) armor does not show improved stats) are worth their weight in gold.

I think the real issue is fear that MA will nerf or somehow make irrelevant the unlimited items people presently have. I overheard a conversation about the lack of demand (even at low price) of ghost the other day, and have myself noted a decline in plate pricing, both of these i consider to be the harmful effects of an economy with indestructible consumer goods -- saturation of the market. So we need (L) goods for the long-time viability of the EU economy. It will be good for everyone eventually.

However, the transition will be painful, and i am one of many who fears that MA will make some more rather abrupt and wanton changes to the system that will devalue expensive items unnecessarily. A clear statement by MA about their direction would help the community be less suspicious and resistant to the new (L) economy, i think. In particular allaying some of the more radical rumors such as removing repair terminals and/or adding a charge for repairing. (Marco, this is where your job title comes in...)

Generally don't use (L) stuff because I'm a old school player, but I understand well the potential of the (L) stuff for the whole economy of Project Entropia.
My olny doubt is: from where does MA takes its money if no-one repairs?

sherwood said:

Decay, as has always been the case.

Repairing simply transfers peds from your card to the item being repaired.

The link in my sig about the aptness of the name of EU/PE explains the paradigm if you're curious.

sherwood said:
Generally don't use (L) stuff because I'm a old school player, but I understand well the potential of the (L) stuff for the whole economy of Project Entropia.

MA does not take your money at the repair terminal they take your money every time you are hit or fire or swing.

Kaiser said:
MA does not take your money at the repair terminal they take your money every time you are hit or fire or swing.

i dont care very much what happends and therefor im not following anything said from MA or from the community, but i think marco have stated that MA gets money from repairs and not from hunting, mining or crafting, and ofc not from auction since that goes straight back to the player?
any forumwhore who knows? :wise:

i would personaly guess they make money from anything bought at TT?

im so lost, please dont kill me :)

On a side note.. would you like to be a mod/imp fap owner at the moment? with all this introduction of limited items?

If you are, you are basically sitting on 16K USD which could be devalued at any time on a whim by MA. Maybe the devaluation is already happening? We have seen MA do it already numerous times already. We have interesting times ahead :D

VV

To be honest, you guys just discuss (L) armor according the decay, I'd like to know if the non-limited will keep the full protection if I don't meet a specific level of skills.

Means: If full Angel plated let me hunt Formicicada easily with a, let's say total skill at 80k, will it be like this forever or will the protection drop sooner or later? Like if I don't meet the requirements anymore, what will happen? Do I have to switch to Angel (L)?

This means a lot of people lose a lot of money due to invests they made to buy mid-high armor during the last 2 years.

The same happened with the E-AMP15 which now is worth nothing anymore and used to go for +300ped minimum.

If this is really the future, it's a rip-off to those that invested to buy the nice items that used to do the dmg and used to really protect.

Not to mention the drop of skill implants... Skills are worth nothing anymore right now. how come?

MadMikeHoare said:
Not to mention the drop of skill implants... Skills are worth nothing anymore right now. how come?
i understand why you're worried about all un(L) itels being turned into (L), but this statement is wrong. skills are still worth the same. its the SKILL IMPLANTS that have changed in value.

on a side note....have you guys noticed that although the low-level armor BPs got their (L) counterpart, the high-level were almost completely converted to (L)..meaning there is no slot for an unlimited Necromancer armor (hmm except fro the thighs i think)?

...i think marco have stated that MA gets money from repairs and not from hunting, mining or crafting, and ofc not from auction since that goes straight back to the player?
any forumwhore who knows? :wise:

i would personaly guess they make money from anything bought at TT?

im so lost, please dont kill me :)

well, imo "repairs" and "decay" can be interpreted as the same. you can only decay a somewhat repaired item, and you gotta repair a decayed item in order to use it. (yes i am aware of the non-reparability --what a cool word-- of (L) items). so, MA makes money from your activities that cause "decay", be it to your items, or ammo/bombs whatever while they pay out less than that decay in your loots.

Wow!

Talk about a necropost?!?...

Status
Back