The beginning of the end of armor as we know it?

Status
The Nightbird said:
...The armor will not be L because people would be very careful when using them (never tanking more than 1 mob for example) as to make them last longer....

or, if those armors decay less than unlimited ones (incl marketprice) it would be worth to just tank loads of mobs for defense skilling while having full protection till the armor dies :)

i'm wondering something..i've never tried an L plate, any1 who have used or still uses them, do they do full protection till they got broke for sure,or they make less protection the way it gets to get real broke?

Mathayus said:
i'm wondering something..i've never tried an L plate, any1 who have used or still uses them, do they do full protection till they got broke for sure,or they make less protection the way it gets to get real broke?

Full prot until they get 0tt :wise:

Dunn said:
Full prot until they get 0tt :wise:

good,hopefully L armors will be like that too! :D

The Nightbird said:
we get so many herald of the end threads lol

Armor will not be limited

Sorry to burst your bubble.....

The situation will be, with in the next 12 months...

All crafted armour will be (L)

All weapons will be (L)

All amps will be (L)

A minority of the items currently not (L) such as weapons / guns / etc will have a special designation (ancient, elder etc...) and will not be (L). Everything else will be converted to (L)

Mark my words...

nutter said:
A minority of the items currently not (L) such as weapons / guns / etc will have a special designation (ancient, elder etc...) and will not be (L). Everything else will be converted to (L)

Mark my words...

I don't disagree but I'm not sure about the special designation. Let's hope so, if they converted all non-L items to L in one magic VU the reaction would be negative.

non L stuff is still droping and we can still make non L armours.

spod said:
non L stuff is still droping and we can still make non L armours.

Yeah, imho if MA would want to make all items (L), they would stop dropping of normal items. Since that's not the issue, i think they will just advance slowly and offer the right to choose between (L) and non-(L) items. Much like laser/blp guns.

nutter said:
Sorry to burst your bubble.....

The situation will be, with in the next 12 months...

All crafted armour will be (L)

All weapons will be (L)

All amps will be (L)

Mark my words...

forgot to add "all"

The sky is falling, The sky is falling everybody run for your lives!!!!

Nuff said

Limited = BAD nuff said.

At worst, the L armor will be like L plates

Somehow I dont think MA intends to drop non L items for much longer...

Unless their intention in fixing the market prices of items is by including L items that have similar stats.... so far it isnt working though...

especially when they realease amps that just completly suck...

(L)ame

:cussing:

someday:

"I can't hunt today, I first have to find a good offer in the auction. In a week maybe..."

ma is eliminating repair terminals.

this is fucking scary. gone start a thread about (L)..

but for now, the (L) armour. AS LONG AS they dont remove the un(L) stuff, this is a good thing. it means we can have a choice of wether to use the unlimited armour, which we will have to repair, and keep repaired for full protection, or we can use (L) if we really need full. (L) armour will have the best eco, as long as the stats stay the same.

(L) isnt ALL bad. it really depends on people's style of gameplay.

as far as armour crafting goes, this is a good thing. more demand now for it, and the armour crafters get a SIB.

OgiMini i think you have got it the wrong way round. its not an (L) bp, its an un(L) bp for (L) armour. so technically they havent changed any item stats, just added new items. the old ones still remain (for now).

that means QR still matters. no bp's will be removed, i dont think they ever will unless they remove items, which MA said themselves they dont really wana do.

oh yeah, warhammer ROCKS! :wise:

There is only one thing im scared of in this game..

MA can throw in all (L) items they want, i dont care.. I'll go on using the equipment I decided I want to use.

BUT...

What scares me then?

The possibility that MA makes None(L) items into (L) items.

Would they to that and risk a riot?

Yes, if they see that they would profit from it.

Would they profit from it?
- Most likely not.

Therefor i dont think that change will ever come, but then again.. Who knows :p

The new skillimplats are awesome.. But some kind of "warning" would have been nice from MA, i lost atleast thousand ped from a bulk of ESI i had in my storage... gg.. That was supposed to by me a MK.V .. And i had almost the cash for it..

But hey, i got 12.5 ped back and i think i can sell them for ~50? ped..

Gratz to Shadow / mod fap users, you'll get 125 ped and (L) Mod Fap.. :p

Never the less, im strong, i will adapt.
YOU CANNOT MAKE ME BREAK!

Wow...I never thought i'd see this happen...and it worries me a lot. If MA end up making all armour (L) they sure as hell better drop a LOT of BP's, because I for one will not be running around searching for each piece of the armour I want to use if I can't get it all off one crafter...

This is a turn for the worse :(

I can't see all the current Non (L) armour being turned into (L) Armour.

If MA did this, a lot of people would just leave the game altogether and never come back.

The reason I say this, because people wouldn't want to have to keep buying new armor everytime they wanted to go out for a hunt. Just look at the resellers who are killing the markets as it is.
You can just see people standing around auction all day, unless they can get access to a crafter, trying to buy the (L) armor so they can go off and hunt at the right price. With the way resellers just dump stuff in auction at over inflated and over priced, people just won't do it.
We will end up seeing mass loads of hunters going naked in team hunts, than we would see them pay stupid prices.

This just wouldn't happen. People get fed up as it is, trying to buy stuff on auction with the prices that are being set on the items in there.

If MA do make a lot of there money from the decay on items then having 1000's of people just standing around and not hunting, is not making MA any money.

I think the (L) armor is for those who can't afford the really expensive looted armor and are after a cheaper alternative to try out. I can see some of the current looted armors being set up in the (L) crafting range, but I can't see the every item being changed into (L) items. This would just be the final nail in the coffin for MA and I don't think it's what they want.

The Nightbird said:
At worst, the L armor will be like L plates

What's bad about L Plates? I don't have experience with them.

risking bann here but....

guess all those armor parts i saved might pay off...

sellinf full rascal male 1k :D :D

I really don't see the problem...
There'll be room for both (L) and normal armor in the future, just like there is for weapons.

Stryker said:
If the armor provided full protection, even as it decayed, it could be worth using in place of its permanant counterpart. This would most likely hold true for lower level armors.
It does, I'm sure. And I think it'll be the same for the high level (L) armors too.

Oh.. And I guess it's just a matter of time, before we'll see (L) faps too. :)

Eron² said:
risking bann here but....

guess all those armor parts i saved might pay off...

sellinf full rascal male 1k :D :D
You know that Rascal is crafted, right? And the bps are still there, so no reason at all why (L) armor should make Rascal prices go up. Actually the opposite could be true, if the (L) armors turns out to be useful and economical.

i could see the use of certain (L) armors, like for instance one like thunderbird with the electric protection on it, for 1/10th the cost, and if you'd only be using it on rare occasions and soc hunts or w/e would make it worthwhile.

Vedder said:
I really don't see the problem...
There'll be room for both (L) and normal armor in the future, just like there is for weapons.

It does, I'm sure. And I think it'll be the same for the high level (L) armors too.

You know that Rascal is crafted, right? And the bps are still there, so no reason at all why (L) armor should make Rascal prices go up. Actually the opposite could be true, if the (L) armors turns out to be useful and economical.
nothing (L) is as good as its non-limited equal. wishfull thinking yeah....speaking outside of my alloted home yeah....im goning to bed before the bann stick starts swinging again

Eron² said:
nothing (L) is as good as its non-limited equal....
The (L) armors seem to have better protection than their non-L counterparts.
And I'm sure (L) armors give FULL protection untill they break, like the (L) plates does, but unlike normal armors.

That's two areas where (L) armor are better than normal armor.
So it really depends on the markup and decay/eco, whether what you say is true.

The problem will appear at (L) high armours, shadow and alikes. What you'll do when ur (L) tiger will break and u must find a replacement? :)

Also considering that armour parts are not hit equally.. :D

Vedder said:

I wonder what will be price of (L) Mod or Imp fap and what will happen to price of normal Mod,Imp like other items if every item will have its duplicate but (L)...or if there will be exchange of all items into (L) i guess it will happen like with finders (L) for ore they are much better and price of 211 is very nice but the higher ones is not but then again Dub got 19k ruga with 214 so they are worth they price right?:)

oO.. I was under the impression that he used his Customized one..

Alex said:
I wonder what will be price of (L) Mod or Imp fap and what will happen to price of normal Mod,Imp like other items if every item will have its duplicate but (L)...or if there will be exchange of all items into (L) i guess it will happen like with finders (L) for ore they are much better and price of 211 is very nice but the higher ones is not but then again Dub got 19k ruga with 214 so they are worth they price right?:)

Hmm I am not sure what to think yet. Since (L) armor offer totaly NO advantage over non (L) armor, it seems pretty useless. What I suspect will happen is that soon we will need to pay fees at the TT or RT.

So when you sell oils to the TT, 5% value will be lost. If you repair your gear, you pay 5% extra in repair cost. Maybe it will also become possible to use looted materials to repair your items yourself, or let an experienced repairer do it.

This will justify the bad eco on the new (L) amps too. IMO everything that is happening is pointing to a scenario like this.

Status
Back