The 'New Land Grab"...LOL, ROFL..

Seoul

Dominant
Society
DD
I copied from another post, did not want being called a troll 'AGAIN'

but, here are my poor thoughts..

Well, from my 'humble view point', the idea of changing Land Grab is just what I thought this would happen...

In the last one the some of the ubers got screwed...(Ubers to me mean those that give MA real money at the start of the game and now feel MA owes them something and, of course, those that are the Fair Haired Children of MA, not saying which society that is, but lets just say that they were the ones that got shut out.)...with that being said..

The Last LG had a new feature...a lot of socities, joining and closing out the a certain uber socity...

WELL, they did not like it...so, the END STORY

Until MA can figure out how to NOT let this happen again...LOL, ROFL, no new LG.....go figure..

In other words, the ones that MA thought would get the biggest piece of the cake ended up with nothing...therefore, I've read some posts here that tend to back up my thinking, in that MA will not allow a forming of a massive team to stop their children from reaping all of the good stuff and leaving only crumbs for the rest, as were the first LG's..

Seoul:yay::yay:

Creatures:
There’s been some mobs reported missed by the community. Last time I reported the floating mobs had been fixed and respawned, and it’s been pointed out that I did not mention the Oculus. The Oculus has also been fixed, and it will be in for the upcoming Version Update.
The Tantardions are also in again, together with a large spawn of Tantillions.
The Tezlepod’s will return to their original small size.
Fungoid will no longer be invisible.

Teleport Swoosh:
The old animation for Mindforce teleporting seems to be missed. The current animation is not here to stay though, as all new animations will be released with the revamp of the MindForce system that we’re working on.

Ad screens in malls:
For some reason the ad screens have gone bananas and have ended up backwards. It will be fixed!

Landgrab:
Landgrab will be reinvented in order to renovate the landgrab-experience. So I’m sorry to tell you there won’t be any landgrab in the near future.

Originally posted on Entropia Gateway

Last edited:
As far as I can see you based your conclusion on an assumption
In IT we say "assumption is the mother of all fuckups"

No actually the mother of all fuck-ups was a woman named Tina Carmicheal who was born in 1582. It all started with her.

Hurrikane

There was more ubers on the winning side than were out of the alliance.

Ever considered that MA might think you guys didn't decay enough during last LG? ;)

Maybe I dont get it. Couldnt MA have a Land grab between now and the time they work on renovate the landgrab-experience?

MA ==> :revive: <== Uber Soc

MA ==> :acid: <== Smart mid Socs

:bs::dunno::lift::whisper::nutkick: = we will overcome the b.s.

In the last one the ubers got screwed...(Ubers to me mean those that give MA real money and not the skills you have)...with that being said..

You don't think M2S AoW BAHQ and cK give MA "real money"? I only wish you were correct. To be honest I doubt a warant besides SilverFox has even deposited in a long time.

It was fairly obvious at the time a lot of the community felt and many at MA didn't like how the LG went.

The last LG ended with a political solution rather than an all out fight (not that there's much difference sometimes) and this went against what MA and Marco felt the LG was about. Can you blame them for stopping it until they've come up with another way of organising them?

They hold the power and if didn't go their way tough shit guys they're gonna change the rules. Adapt or quit as many put it.

All your land belongs to me!

Tbh i think it is more of an issue of the lag it would cause, all those textures, all those enhancers etc.....

Perhaps the new engine needs more stress testing before something hectic like LG.

No actually the mother of all fuck-ups was a woman named Tina Carmicheal who was born in 1582. It all started with her.

Hurrikane

I thought it was Karl Ranseier and that he has been dying since :D

Last years LA was already a change in the system. Was the first time that not only the top 5 socs had a chance. Seems like they rethought their plans and rather do not try something new until they finally have a solution that suits most instead of rushing something out.
Not saying that really every 5 member soc should have a chance, but the top 50 should have within their league.
Only problem I really see by the delay is, that certain prices will hike again.
Informations that could disturb the economy should not be communicated, if nobody knew that the landgrab is delayed the prices ofr example Vigi artts would not start rising that much.
A warning 2 months before a landgrab to get ready would be far better. Or is there anywhere written, that it has to take place at certain times?
The migration is also more or less random, landgrabs should be the same.

Tbh i think it is more of an issue of the lag it would cause, all those textures, all those enhancers etc.....

Perhaps the new engine needs more stress testing before something hectic like LG.

Huh? Don't get it. You mean you think that MA would want to improve things? And that there is no actual conspiracy going on here?

Removed by self: Misunderstanding.

Last edited:
Ah k sorry :D, i'll send you a plus next time i can :). Sorry got hectic stuff going on here at home so kinda missed the point. :)

Well, intonation is a big part of sarcasm. And you can't hear typed words. My fault as well, I'm sure.

hehe, nice one ... we we speak to each other we use :

"ASSuME"

makes an

ASS out of U and ME :)

basically ending in the same conclusion you mention above :D

Lol

I copied from another post, did not want being called a troll 'AGAIN'

but, here are my poor thoughts..

Well, from my 'humble view point', the idea of changing Land Grab is just what I thought this would happen...

In the last one the ubers got screwed...(Ubers to me mean those that give MA real money and not the skills you have)...with that being said..

The Last LG had a new feature...a lot of socities, joining and closing out the ubers...

WELL, they did not like it...so, the END STORY

Until MA can figure out how to NOT let this happen again...LOL, ROFL, no new LG.....go figure..

Seoul:yay::yay:

Two things

Why not join a society of ubers or create one and team the non-ubers?

Split up the land grab, so maybe they have a large island for soc's/or ubers, and another area maybe also an island for whichever group was not used before. Basicly split them up

Yes and No...

You don't think M2S AoW BAHQ and cK give MA "real money"? I only wish you were correct. To be honest I doubt a warant besides SilverFox has even deposited in a long time.

After re-reading my first post, I edited it to more express what I was trying to say. Yes, M2S, AoW, and the rest put in real money, I agree, therefore, redid the post.

Seoul...

LandGrab is postponed for the very simple fact it has been postponed for before: MA/FPC still cannot handle it well enough with their servers and they still don't have a rather fair system developed in which at least all mid-level and up players can have their piece of the ammo-burning and decay-creating.

For those that didn't know and for those that will say "ah yes, I remember that":
LandGrab originally was meant to be a half year event, being held twice a year. Since the start of it in 2004, when only 4 lands were up for grabs, there always have been problems with this event. The first edition was so immensely laggy, that it hardly could be played. Then there was this issue with auto-clickers claiming lands, last years alliance and of course MA/FPC screwing up other issues ingame so they did not have time to prepare for a new (better) LandGrab.

The last reason probably has been the most important for LandGrab only being fought over like what; 5 or 6 times?!
It should have been the 12th or 13th time coming this spring.

Now back on topic and towards the OP, this has nothing to do with Warants what so ever. Put your conspiracy mode off, because it's uther bollocks what you are writing.
There are only 2 good reasons for LG being postponed:
1. MA/FPC has way to much shit to do and thus no resources available for:
2. Creating a new, fresh, overhauled LG system that will actually make them more money AND bring more fun to the people.

Simple!

I doubt that the next LG is fair for everyone.

Top 5 of socs will collect all the LAs for sure, unless MA equalize all Hp of people who enter the these LAs and all weapons have the same dmg.

What I admire and what I don't

I agree to disagree with you, we are on different sides of what the facts are...you say one thing and I say another, and you post very clear and 'to you clear' ideas..I admire that...

To the 'post' I got from someone un-named..

"For making statments as "Fair Haired Children of MA" without any proof that it actually is that way in reality"

I say why not post why i'm wrong and let all know your opinion? No, guess not, just take the normal way that the FHC of MA do their work, behind the back...oh, thanks for the neg. rep...

Now with that being said...

Yep, I agree with the concept that MA just has major problems with lag with LG, I agree 100 percent.

Yep, I agree that auto clickers major screwed up a LG..100 percent.

Now this is where we disagree..

1. "this has nothing to do with Warants what so ever." Yep, no facts to back it up, but what I feel...

2. "MA/FPC has way to much shit to do and thus no resources available for:"

Ah, have you seen just how much money they make? Sorry, 'resources', well, I guess I could say that their choice of where to put their ample 'resouces' is mis-placed..and I'll leave it at that...(MA could not make a real good and fair LG because of their 'resources'?...just had to put that thought in.)

3. "Creating a new, fresh, overhauled LG system that will actually make them more money AND bring more fun to the people."

Ah, sorry...don't understand this one..

a. the requirements to play now limit 'MANY' new players..sorry, but if you are poor and have a poor computer, this game is not for you.

b. the players that have been here for a 'long' time, for the most part are happy with the 'new look' but not happy with the loot and other bugs that have been here for years. I could go on, but I hope you get my 'drift'. IMHO, if MA does not get on the ball, then they will be overtaken but several up and coming outfits that seem to care about what the players think, seem to want a profit, but not a killing and seem to not favor 'ANYONE'..

So, to you my friend, I hope we can agree to disagree...to the hidden ones, lurking in the back ground, slinging their daggers and arrows, LOL, who give a shit?

Seoul...

LandGrab is postponed for the very simple fact it has been postponed for before: MA/FPC still cannot handle it well enough with their servers and they still don't have a rather fair system developed in which at least all mid-level and up players can have their piece of the ammo-burning and decay-creating.

For those that didn't know and for those that will say "ah yes, I remember that":
LandGrab originally was meant to be a half year event, being held twice a year. Since the start of it in 2004, when only 4 lands were up for grabs, there always have been problems with this event. The first edition was so immensely laggy, that it hardly could be played. Then there was this issue with auto-clickers claiming lands, last years alliance and of course MA/FPC screwing up other issues ingame so they did not have time to prepare for a new (better) LandGrab.

The last reason probably has been the most important for LandGrab only being fought over like what; 5 or 6 times?!
It should have been the 12th or 13th time coming this spring.

Now back on topic and towards the OP, this has nothing to do with Warants what so ever. Put your conspiracy mode off, because it's uther bollocks what you are writing.
There are only 2 good reasons for LG being postponed:
1. MA/FPC has way to much shit to do and thus no resources available for:
2. Creating a new, fresh, overhauled LG system that will actually make them more money AND bring more fun to the people.

Simple!

Well...Hummm..

Or can we say that if you disagree then you are making an "assumption". Now if you have facts to say that my post is an 'assumption', then I'm sure all would be interested...if not, then you are in the same boat as I am..

Seoul...:yay::yay:

Might well be true...

Yes,

I love to 'blame MA' for everything...but, lol, this might just be right,

MA does not care about here Fair Haired Children...(FHC)...as much as all thought...it's just they did not make the bucks last LG as wished..

You do have a point...

But, where I disagree is with the FHC..(hell, we all know or guess that that society is pure MA)...

So, yep, you have a point...but my take is that the FHC will win in the end, afterall, they are ...the real ubers...

Seoul...:yay:

Ever considered that MA might think you guys didn't decay enough during last LG? ;)

hmm...

interesting idea there... if that IS the way it works, maybe MA should just put LA deeds in to loots of creatures only ubers can kill?!?.. or just in random loot pool if that's not the case..

Back