Suggestion: The NR1 thing that makes ppl not deposit, or deposit less...

Number 1 thing?

Well here's my countdown even though you only asked for #1?

5. Sky-is-falling threads and such (I don't believe most of them but makes me want to be more cautious anyway)

4. Fees

3. Uncertainty surrounding withdrawals (how long it takes, MA being in another Country, on another Continent, etc...)

2. More stupid-ass fees

1. I've deposited way too much money into Entropia already, time for me to withdraw some

Third party programs is any software created by any party that is not MindArk. There is no such thing as a "hardware macro" and there certainly is no such thing as a first party hardware macro.

A so-called hardware macro is a piece of software running on-board on the keyboard. Read that again. Software. That is not created by MindArk. Third party software.

Furthermore, most of what is being used is the macro feature in peripherals software hub. This is even further from being a "hardware macro"

Don't talk about a domain in which you have no knowledge, especially not to shit on others despite being completely wrong.

All "Hardware macros" are third party software, and as such are covered by the EULA. Anyone automating their gameplay COULD be banned on these grounds.
There is no software running in the pc, there are keyboard with built in macro that send real button presses the same as if you touched the keyboard, no software keys, no software in pc to monitor. Impossible to monitor or prove the difference between a player pressing the key or the keyboard sending the key press in its own to pc.

There is no software running in the keyboard, there are keyboard with built in macro that send real button presses the same as if you touched the keyboard, no software keys, no software in pc to monitor.

Sure.

There is no software running in the pc, there are keyboard with built in macro that send real button presses the same as if you touched the keyboard, no software keys, no software in pc to monitor. Impossible to monitor or prove the difference between a player pressing the key or the keyboard sensing the key press in its own to pc.

does the key actually move ? if not, then it is software

(actually you could even move keys mechanically, it'd still be controlled by software)

Would you call the turbo button on a Super Nintendo controller a software macro? Jesus

You all are playing semantics when under the hood, software and hardware send information to directx ops in the same manner - which makes it indistinguishable. There's a lot of energy wasted on this debate.

does the key actually move ? if not, then it is software

(actually you could even move keys mechanically, it'd still be controlled by software)
Physical key presses are sent to the pc.

when you press a key, an switch makes a signal,
The keyboard macro send that same signal as if the key was pressed, there is no way to tell the difference, or enforce it, there is no software to monitor for as the keyboard is just sending a key press the same as if you pressed the key…

You all are playing semantics when under the hood, software and hardware send information to directx ops in the same manner - which makes it indistinguishable. There's a lot of energy wasted on this debate.
Some software macros send “virtual key presses” that the pc can tell are not from the keyboard hardware though, those are specifically not allowed by the current wording in EULA

... uncritically assuming that their own mental representation matches that of the developers.
Analysis would still normally show that a human was not 'behind what the keyboard sent' though .....
(beginning to wonder what keyboards have this physical press illusion and how they makes repeats look human - rnd functions?)

(oh, quote from a different recent thread on general exploit discussion...)

Some software macros send “virtual key presses” that the pc can tell are not from the keyboard hardware though, those are specifically not allowed by the current wording in EULA

None of this is allowed by the current wording in the EULA. That is the whole point.

The fact that they choose to not enforce it, is a completely different story.

None of this is allowed by the current wording in the EULA. That is the whole point.

The fact that they don't enforce it, is a completely different story.
Because if they did, the game would cease to be, in its current state -- or at a very minimum - all their future plans would be greatly hindered.

Surely you don't think they added explosives and the F mechanic for fun did you? (I at least know the undercover reasons why they implemented explosives - I am going to bet the F key was fairly similar).

(Not an attack) But I hope people don't think the recent service station changes were because of aesthetics either. It's very telling if you look at the inside.

The fact that they don't enforce it, is a completely different story.
There is no 3rd party software in a built in keyboard macro that has no software on the pc, and is all handled by usb drivers. There simply isn’t. Even a court wouldn’t be able to prove anyone using software in that instance as no software is on the pc! Man you are so dense

Analysis would still normally show that a human was not 'behind what the keyboard sent' though .....
(beginning to wonder what keyboards have this physical press illusion and how they makes repeats look human - rnd functions?)

(oh, quote from a different recent thread on general exploit discussion...)
There is no wording in eula that a person must be behind the pc

I think someone's software is on the blink. (blink being also a joke of a repeated on-off sequence)...
(could we get chatgpt to play somehow then? Writing its own instructions that cannot be called software of course..?)

Because if they did, the game would cease to be, in its current state -- or at a very minimum - all their future plans would be greatly hindered.

Surely you don't think they added explosives and the F mechanic for fun did you? (I at least know the undercover reasons why they implemented explosives - I am going to bet the F key was fairly similar).

(Not an attack) But I hope people don't think the recent service station changes were because of aesthetics either. It's very telling if you look at the inside.

I am sure there is truth to all of this. And I am also sure that the implementation of the F mechanic was necessary in the short term and by extension the best choice for the long term success of the game.

I am not saying that the choice to not enforce the EULA in this instance is a bad one. I don´t know that. What I do know is they could at any given time decide that they would want to enforce it, and they would have the grounds to do so in the current formulation of the EULA. However unlikely that would be.

What I am saying is that it is wrong to spread false information and tricking people into thinking that automated gameplay is okay in the current form of the EULA, when it is not (Which in itself is also a breach of the EULA)

It's time to add an automated gameplay, just like those mobile games that does everything for you and you just have to look at the results ;o
(It went very offtopic, beware it could be deleted)

I am sure there is truth to all of this. And I am also sure that the implementation of the F mechanic was necessary in the short term and by extension the best choice for the long term success of the game.

I am not saying that the choice to not enforce the EULA in this instance is a bad one. I don´t know that. What I do know is they could at any given time decide that they would want to enforce it, and they would have the grounds to do so in the current formulation of the EULA. However unlikely that would be.

What I am saying is that it is wrong to spread false information and tricking people into thinking that automated gameplay is okay in the current form of the EULA, when it is not (Which in itself is also a breach of the EULA)
It is my opinion that you are the one spreading false information. It sure would be great to have official clarification on this wouldn’t it hahaha

My macro enabled keyboard has like a GB of bloatware to install so the macro would work. It’s software, but it’s necessary software to enable full customisation of the other keyboard features. Mindark can’t really tell me that I can’t have that installed, because it’s necessary for me to run my peripheral. And they wouldn’t be able to tell whether the key presses come from the keyboard software or a manual input. That’s why they have to turn a blind eye to these.

however download some other crap from the web like mini mouse macro or some other freeware and you may have a problem.

What is your
- looter,
- weapon eff

- and how much mu % do you get compared to your TO.
- What is the size of your TO?

All these do matter.
This here is excatly why I don't play/depo much anymore. Had the urge to pick up the game again a few times over the years, but barrier to entry keeps getting pushed higher and higher and mu on everything but the high end stuff are close to non existent. Mining is stale and super boring now + MA doesn't even bother to include them in any events - same with crafting. So hunting would pretty much be the only reason to come back. Lets take a quick look at what would be needed to kit out if one was to come back and wanted a return of 90-95% - I'll let you take a guess on the overall cost.
Weapon with good dpp/eff + amp/amps, scope, sight
Armor + plates
fap
rings
pet
Oh yea and you ofcause need the skills for all 3 looter proffesions at a decent amount, and a fairly large bankroll to deal with the swings and stack up your rss to squeeze out whatever minuscule amount of mu you are able to get.

I actually really like the game and the idea of it, or maybe I used to like it - really wanted it to succeed anyway. However I must admit the direction MA has taken the past 5 years seems really flawed in regards to future succes. As I said, the barrier to entry keeps getting higher and higher, which doesn't really cater to the casual 20-50$ a month player. So you end up with a bunch of ubers, and sure it probably feels good at the MA office when they depo that first 50k-100k$. But at some point the new whales are going to dry up and they are left with the old whales, who are no longer putting in those 50k, rather they are withdrawing 10-30k a month. Then MA needs to adjust the loot system again, add more stuff you need to max to get to the magical 95% and now the barrier to entry gets pushed even higher. Nahh that's going to be a no thanks for me, i'd rather invest my time and money elsewhere.

the direction MA has taken the past 5 years seems really flawed in regards to future success.
Well, avatars have continued to become better skilled and the game is TWEN years old now. It is a problem maybe no other skills gain platform out there has to this degree - and it is RCE on top, so you can't really simply allow players all the way up more points or whatever. Here it is ped percentages the ubers keep wanting to climb on top of. The difference between a hatchling and uber can only grow as it stands.
Thus, MA has to toe a line between high-level access to 'better' content and platinum-style perks for those who are up there.

I understand the problem/deterrent from almost any perspective on the ladder, but it is a ladder that is now miles high.

I think lots of the reasons given in this thread that are directed towards MA are justified, but this 'barriers' one is more than just tricky in my opinion. I think we need destruction as well as growth, but of course those who have built their avatars for... yes, decades (just entering that possibility), wouldn't be happy. New powerful profs of providing food and shelter for almost living avatars in a powerful new environment may be something where a super grand supreme master has no skills at making their own dinner, and must rest like everyone else... on a non-macro basis 'cough'.

Dunno how MA can get to grips with this reason for not wanting to depo, but there have been many other reasons given...

I'm married now and spouse isn't as OK with spending lots on a video game is first off
Next is removal of paypal as a payment. I can't buy anything on the webshop and other forms of deposit take nearly 10% as a fee.
Finally, return of "investment" is so bad that I feel guilty and mad at myself almost everytime I deposit.
$40 lasts 5 hours here, $100 lasts a week there. When I spend $200 one one game and I can spend $60 in another and last me years.. it's like why am I still doing stupid shit?
I've been playing this game for years because I do love it, I spend money I have and have no expectation/illusion/desire to W/D,
that said it's too f-in expensive hands down. Anyone who says I'm doing it wrong is in the top percent of high rollers and probably bought some high gear that cost thousands of dollars - I am not willing to do that. (and then back to number one.. the wifey!)

Well, avatars have continued to become better skilled and the game is TWEN years old now. It is a problem maybe no other skills gain platform out there has to this degree - and it is RCE on top, so you can't really simply allow players all the way up more points or whatever. Here it is ped percentages the ubers keep wanting to climb on top of. The difference between a hatchling and uber can only grow as it stands.
Thus, MA has to toe a line between high-level access to 'better' content and platinum-style perks for those who are up there.

I understand the problem/deterrent from almost any perspective on the ladder, but it is a ladder that is now miles high.

I think lots of the reasons given in this thread that are directed towards MA are justified, but this 'barriers' one is more than just tricky in my opinion. I think we need destruction as well as growth, but of course those who have built their avatars for... yes, decades (just entering that possibility), wouldn't be happy. New powerful profs of providing food and shelter for almost living avatars in a powerful new environment may be something where a super grand supreme master has no skills at making their own dinner, and must rest like everyone else... on a non-macro basis 'cough'.

Dunno how MA can get to grips with this reason for not wanting to depo, but there have been many other reasons given...

I get your point. However we already had a big gap back in the older days, not as large as today, but the gap back then was never really the issue. While Star and the other old ubers was running around killing dasp stalkers, the rest of us was killing small argoes and drones...But it was fun...And there was MU.
Args had Iron with MU, Drones Gazz, foul and molisk buttons sold and had great MU because people actually crafted stuff, now it's all EP's - way to kill MU.
Mining had great MU and ohh how I miss getting the strange signal and trying to locate that spaceship, hell even crafting P1a's was fun, you could actually loot some rather awesome bp's.
Any player with a few skills could grab some pixie and a koss+104 and have some fun, that's pretty much all it took. Sure you can do the same now and go hunt argos, you would probably get some 85% return and what is iron at now? 101%? That sounds like massive fun and a really great deal. "ohh but I get to work on my codex" Oh wow that sounds super fun then (might be sarcastic)
I get why MA sucked the MU out of the game, they are probably making a lot more now than they did back then. But I just don't see it as a viable businessplan going forward.

And another thing, I wasn't around for the FEN thing, but SGA had Armor, plates, BP's and even mining finders, pretty much something for every profession. From what I have seen so far, this Tween thing just seems so lackluster and without any real effort. If the developers don't give af, I doubt the playerbase will in the long run.

And yea, I'm probably just stuck in the good old days, don't listen to me :)

MMOs need new players to survive. From an outside perspective, what would allure new players into even picking up the game? Once they weigh up the amount of content a $10p/m subscription game has compared to Entropia I really do wonder.

What is your
- looter,
- weapon eff

- and how much mu % do you get compared to your TO.
- What is the size of your TO?

All these do matter.

Looter to low
Weapon eff to low
MU I get 101%

Money needed to improve that, way to much.
I really don´t want and can´t spent 5000$ for a game just to get my skills and gear to a level where it maybe give 95% returns at questionable markups.

I am not a damn rich, who can afford to waste 100$ a month, I have children who want to eat, I need energy because we have hard winters here, I need something to eat myself and a lot other costs in my RL at an inflation rate above 15% where my RL income doesn´t raise at all.

So life is shit, I don´t deposit.

• Sad
Reactions: SSN
30% of all deposits are never withdrawn if I remember right from the other thread. MA moves that percentage that comes in from liabilities to cashflow and pays bills with that. Decay is just an accelerant.

Looter to low
Weapon eff to low
MU I get 101%

Money needed to improve that, way to much.
I really don´t want and can´t spent 5000$ for a game just to get my skills and gear to a level where it maybe give 95% returns at questionable markups.

I am not a damn rich, who can afford to waste 100$ a month, I have children who want to eat, I need energy because we have hard winters here, I need something to eat myself and a lot other costs in my RL at an inflation rate above 15% where my RL income doesn´t raise at all.

So life is shit, I don´t deposit.

as I said before, depositing is merely a means to speeding up progress, but not required. You can get to the same level if you wish, it only takes more time and effort.

Back