The Pyramide of Truth - One Theory

To go a bit off topic... somebody mentioned MA is shooting for $1 an hour.

I'm hoping that is bogus or exaggerated or some kind of weird average.

I still have a fear that MA doesn't have true game design experience behind it. They may be good at the technical side, but design is more than coding and graphics... in fact the coding and graphics are the easy part in some regards.

$1 an hour may be just fine for the most casual players (or those who are rich), but just imagine if your internet cost $1 an hour. Personally at $1 I'd be looking at $300 a month EASILY. Pay $300? I don't think so!

Yes, they claim the average cost to play entropia is 10 peds per hour.

That's a different story entirely. :D

10 PED per hour is a bit different than $1 an hour. PED can be earned in game and the distribution is different - it could be 1 PED that came from ten people, or .10 that came from 100 people. The two currencies are linked but are not synonymous with eachother.

$1 an hour to play is more like for every hour you play you have to go out and earn $1 in the real world to pay for it. That is quite different.

I think it should be noted that's it's the average across the entire player base, not necessarily from each player. If that were the case, a player could go out and spend only 10 peds each hour that they play and never get anything in return, which that isn't the case.

Well... you could craft something that costs more than 10 peds per click and fail on your first click each time, but we're talking some activity that allows many opportunities to loot something for that 10 ped, mostly hunting here...

Group 6

Group 6
The Unemployed American Jobhunter
Will work her butt off for MA/Players for peanuts
Whether this group HoF is immaterial to MA/other Players
Spends her time sweating and selling to sweat resellers, to maximize her wages
May eventually sell some Evade, or may find a real job first

This group normally barely covers the cost of her internet bill, dies a lot, and makes many good friends in the process.

:acid::sweat:

All is possible ! :rolleyes: And NOW ! :rolleyes:

Fanboy MA Promotion ! Come on, it is possible, look at the Hoflist, look at the Ubers, come in my friend.!!!! =)

And on his tombstone stood, he lived in a dreamworld and he reached 6000 Sweatgatherer with fun and without deposit, dreams were true ! gz

Truth hurts :D

Falke

Listen here Mister.... I don't know who your friend is but I'm quite sure I will NOT be coming in him!! ...... Ever!!

P.S.: ... You need a break from EU and a shot of real life for a while... go have a drink, smoke some weed, shoot some smack, do whatever ya got to do... but for fucks sake you need to calm down man.

Question:
Who pays for the sweat ?
Answer: A depositer !!!

Question:
Who pays the decay for the Newbie-No depositer - Opalo, Armor, Fap... ?

Question:
Who pay the withdraw of a Newbie-No Depositer ?

Answer:
Buying sweat is paying deposited money for the privilege of teleporting without sweating. Thus, buying sweat is buying time.

I think it should be noted that's it's the average across the entire player base, not necessarily from each player. If that were the case, a player could go out and spend only 10 peds each hour that they play and never get anything in return, which that isn't the case.

Well... you could craft something that costs more than 10 peds per click and fail on your first click each time, but we're talking some activity that allows many opportunities to loot something for that 10 ped, mostly hunting here...

And this is the official statement:

This is the replies from the Q&A from Aug-Sep 06.

-----

* What is the average cost to play EU for an hour? average cost per month?

MindArk's business plan states that we aim for a cost of 1 USD per hour.

----

Stay at the thruth, don´t post rumors.

Sure, it´s the average cost off all players but their aim is clear, this game has to create profit for MA and not for all players. For every non depositer other players have to pay for.

Stay at the thruth, don´t post rumors.

Sure, it´s the average cost off all players but their aim is clear, this game has to create profit for MA and not for all players. For every non depositer other players have to pay for.

Was what I posted unTHRUTHful? From what you quoted from Marco, he didn't really specify per player or on average. You seem to agree with me that it's on average and the system most certainly seems to work that way. Is that a rumor?

But yes, the player base does have to pay for non-depositors. Not just with sweat and fruit, but the fact that what they get in loot could have gone to someone that did deposit money and actually contribute to the economy.

The only good point that could be made is that when non-depositors are spending money through ammo/bombs/decay, they are putting money into the loot pool that might otherwise have just sat on someone's ped card.

I don't have anything against non-depositors, but if there are more non-depositors than depositors in EU, this universe will cease to exist. I say if you like the game, at least put in $40 or so. That's the price of a retail game, and you'll likely play this for much longer than you will for something off the shelf...

This is about what happen when a non-depositor have earned some PED by selling sweat and fruit:

The non-depositor have contributed to the game whit time and time is money, the depositors are paying for a service.

In RL when you get paid for your work, who is paying for it? In the end other people right? and you deposit some of that money in to the game, is that mean that other people are paying for your game time? and is that making you a parasite? I don't think so!

The PED the non-depositor have earned are expended in the game just like the original owner of those PED would do, the loot the non-depositor get is normally just a % of the total cost of hunting, mining etc.

The only way the economy of the game would suffer an impact from non-depositors is if the non-depositor withdraw PED from the game, but there is a minimal chance for that to happen.

Most of the people that do a withdrawal are depositors, if some of the money from those people got in to non-depositors there is a big chance for that money to stay in the game.

So YES! The depositors pays in the end for non-depositors in a relative way, but they are not throwing money to the air, and that is not making non-depositors parasites, the big majority of the depositors have been non-depositors at some time, that is the demo part of the game for most of the players!

To call sweaters or non-depositors parasites is a false accusation!, the situation is more like a symbiosis. ;)

Last edited:
Was what I posted unTHRUTHful? From what you quoted from Marco, he didn't really specify per player or on average. You seem to agree with me that it's on average and the system most certainly seems to work that way. Is that a rumor?

But yes, the player base does have to pay for non-depositors. Not just with sweat and fruit, but the fact that what they get in loot could have gone to someone that did deposit money and actually contribute to the economy.

The only good point that could be made is that when non-depositors are spending money through ammo/bombs/decay, they are putting money into the loot pool that might otherwise have just sat on someone's ped card.

I don't have anything against non-depositors, but if there are more non-depositors than depositors in EU, this universe will cease to exist. I say if you like the game, at least put in $40 or so. That's the price of a retail game, and you'll likely play this for much longer than you will for something off the shelf...

The truth is that MA said $, not ped. This is a great difference.

Ped means the virtual currency and could be easily generate with one klick in EU. But $ means you have to pay real money to play this game and particularly with regard to the new player at EU it´s important to speak plain English.

This is about what happen when a non-depositor have earned some PED by selling sweat and fruit:

The non-depositor have contributed to the game whit time and time is money, the depositors are paying for a service.

In RL when you get paid for your work, who is paying for it? In the end other people right? and you deposit some of that money in to the game, is that mean that other people are paying for your game time? and is that making you a parasite? I don't think so!

The PED the non-depositor have earned are expended in the game just like the original owner of those PED would do, the loot the non-depositor get is normally just a % of the total cost of hunting, mining etc.

The only way the economy of the game would suffer an impact from non-depositors is if the non-depositor withdraw PED from the game, but there is a minimal chance for that to happen.

Most of the people that do a withdrawal are depositors, if some of the money from those people got in to non-depositors there is a big chance for that money to stay in the game.

So YES! The depositors pays in the end for non-depositors in a relative way, but they are not throwing money to the air, and that is not making non-depositors parasites, the big majority of the depositors have been non-depositors at some time, that is the demo part of the game for most of the players!

To call sweaters or non-depositors parasites is a false accusation!, the situation is more like a symbiosis. ;)

Nonsense !!

1. EU Work=RL Work, EU RCE=RL CE?
:rolleyes:, what can i say, i live in another RL world. :)

2. Sweating, Fruit- and Stonewalks are Jobs/Work ?
:yay: , lol, Sweating has nothing to do with a Job/Work,
it's only for the DEMO-Part of the game to catch new Depositers. I Have No Problem with that.
I Have a Problem with NONE Depositers EVER !!!! PARASITES !

3. Sweaters buy Ammo, Armor and fill the Lootpool with their PEDS ?
Not their PEDS, thats the PEDS from the Depositers.
Depositer-Peds find the way in the Lootpool even without Sweater/Parasites.

4. The situation is more like a symbiosis !
OMG, Sweater need Depositers, Depositers dont need Sweaters !

That's Parasites like !!!

FALKE

Nonsense !!

it's only for the DEMO-Part of the game to catch new Depositers. I Have No Problem with that.

FALKE

omg are you still banging on about it ? :rolleyes:

Nonsense !!

FALKE

1. What game do you think you are playing? In EU virtual jobs can be compared to RL jobs as long the virtual job are related to real money profit opportunities, you invest real money and earn real money if you are lucky you have the option to withdrawal them, time is money and virtual working non-depositors saves you time, like I said you are paying for a service!!!

2. Same as above + there was no longer a cap for the sweat gathering as long as I know, so for some sweating is the DEMO-Part for other is like the free to play this MMO if you want, but work for the PED, earn them in a boring job and offer the service!

There is a lot of free MMO games to play out there and EU have the option for that too, if you don't like it you better complain to MA about it, just don't call the player that are playing by the rules parasites, EU is EU, respect the rules and the players, to call them parasites is just not nice or truth in this case!

3. If you buy the sweat, fruit, stones, dung you are no longer the owner of those PED, no mater if the salesman is a newbie or a reseller or a veteran non-depositor if you buy the sweat, fruit, stones, dung you are buying a service! After that you have nothing to do whit the money is not your money anymore, the new owner of the PED have earned them and is free to expense them.

4. Yeah symbiosis! as long as you pay for something is because you need it!!!

Last edited:
i dont mind non depositors, i mean, if there wasnt a free to play aspect to the game, im sure alot of people wouldnt even try it in the first place, besides, like its been stated already over and over, sweating is a service, depositors pay for that service, i mean, what, are you really saying ubers would rather go out and spend days and days sweating rather than just hand over 5 crappy ped for a stack? sweaters work hard for the small amount of ped they earn, yes, earn, with their time.

Regards,

Back