***The WoF Warsheet***

very nice :D

...wonders who will shake the magic team roll to distribute tournament groups :wtg:

Groups will be in the same team order as originally posted from the initial Draw: (some teams moved positions due to time differences, but these will be restored). When the four lowest teams drop out, it will be a list of 24 instead of a list of 28, and each four in turn shall form the groups.

So: if (for example) Russia don't go out, Group 1 would be Netherlands, Eudoria, Russia and Portugal. If Russia did go out, Group 1 would be Netherlands, Eudoria, Portugal and Denmark, Denmark having moved up the list.

I have the original Team Order saved here, I think the one on the thread is the adapted one:)

Hurrikane

[...] I have the original Team Order saved here, I think the one on the thread is the adapted one:)
Can you please post it somewhere to refresh our minds?
Even if it's temporary until Russia plays (or not), it will give us a path... ;)

Oh, and what about the schedule of the next rounds? Even approximate would do...

P. :smoke:

Russia have forfeitied, all that has to happen now is the Tie-Break between Serbia and Finland.

Groups; if Serbia win the Tie this weekend, after restoring originally drawn Team Order:

Group 1:

Netherlands Eudoria Portugal Denmark

Group 2:

Scotland Wales Sweden Poland

Group 3:

Serbia France Amethera Romania

Group 4:

South Africa England Estonia Ireland

Group 5:

Greece Austria USA Canada

Group 6:

Italy Australia Belgium Germany

Or:

Groups; if Finland win the Tie;

Group 1:

Netherlands Eudoria Portugal Denmark

Group 2:

Scotland Wales Sweden Poland

Group 3:

France Amethera Romania South Africa

Group 4:

England Estonia Ireland Greece

Group 5:

Austria Finland USA Canada

Group 6:

Italy Australia Belgium Germany

All of this will be of course set out more graphically and with Dates and Times and Scores as soon as the proper Warsheet is posted. Which will be the start of next week.

The Tie-Break
between Finland and Serbia to decide which team stays in for the next Stage has been confirmed.

Time: 20:00

Date: Sunday 11th March

Place: Stage 1 Start/Finish Point (12400,18000EUD)

Method: Golden Global

Good Luck to both Teams, I'll be your Judge on the day:)

Hurrikane

Congratulations Hurricane!!!

you have today recieved recoqnition from MA :yay: :wtg:

Developers Blog said:
WoF 2007 - World of Firepower
9 Mar 2007

The first international WoF hunting tournament has begun inside the Entropia Universe. Attracting teams from over 25 nations, the tournament is proving to be one of Calypso's most popular events.

The exciting event sees national teams of up to 8 members hunt the wildlife on Calypso in order to score the highest points and advance to the next stage.

The WoF event is the brainchild of Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake and we wish him continued success while we wait to see which nation will take home the WoF 2007 Championship.

Bertha has posted this news in the MindArk announcements forum:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58943

Congrats on a great event Hurrikane! I will restart the WoF EF Adspace campaign so that all EF members are reminded to follow the excitement of this very cool event.

Thanks! (Everyone's been so nice....:D )

To All:

The WarSheet will be Totally ReVamped next Monday/Tuesday, with graphics and everything... please bear with me until then.

The Rules Thread
has been updated.

Hurrikane

Thanks! (Everyone's been so nice....:D )

To All:

The WarSheet will be Totally ReVamped next Monday/Tuesday, with graphics and everything... please bear with me until then.

The Rules Thread
has been updated.

Hurrikane
As suggested earlier, maybe you should make a fresh new thread for the next stage of WoF, and post a link to it here?

:)

Ok it's time...

I am PARTICULARLY stingey with my +reps...

I beleive strongly in not just dishing them out out willy nilly...

William Nilliam...

(Bill Nill)

However, in light of all your hard work and dedication to the cause, and to our beloved Calypso and all it's inhabitants...

+rep, dude...:)

Update:

The Tie-Break by Golden Global was held, and Serbia got the win with an Allophyl in 24 minutes. Congratulations to Serbia for joining the ranks of the Qualified, and well done for doing so with only 3 on your team.

Well done Finland too for a brave effort, the luck was just not there. (FoF X may be a chance to get something back, after the WoF.)

Groups for Stage 2:

Group 1: Netherlands, Eudoria, Portugal, Denmark.

Group 2: Scotland, Wales, Sweden, Poland.

Group 3: Serbia, France, Amethera, Romania.

Group 4: South Africa, England, Estonia, Ireland.

Group 5: Greece, Austria, USA, Canada

Group 6: Italy, Australia, Belgium, Germany

Situation at present:

Monday/Tuesday sees the new WarSheet with fixtures and dates to be confirmed, and teams will recieve posts and pm's to get hunts going.

Hurrikane

BIG UPDATE DONE!

Initial Post of ***The WoF WarSheet*** now with Fixtures Timetable check it out!:)

ALL teams will get a Post in their Team Threads before I hit the sack tonight; read, discuss, reply!

Also: New side competition the WoF HoF for highest single loot in the Tournament, is now up in it's own (locked) thread in the Stickies. It will be updated whenever necessary:)

Good Luck!

Hurrikane

I hope you know its Paddy's Day on Saturday, so please be kind with a time for Ireland ;)

Right... now ALL teams involved have a choice of start times to agree with the team they meet in Round 1.

Please be thoughtful: for many countries, the perfect time for you to play is when another country are all in bed or at work.

I'm sure we can agree some times quickly; just hope you don't all pick the same slot!:laugh:

If this hunt caught you on the hop I apologise, but all are in the same situation; remember, the results from the next 3 hunts are added to determine your Stage 2 Score.

Hurrikane

Just to clarify the mob list...Over the next three weekends during the group stage the mob list will remain the same, ie. umbranoids, hiryuu, calumasoids and warrior gens?

Team Amethera accepts the time:

Saturday at 18:00

/Lykke :cool:

Lots of thinking and plotting going on in the Team Threads:)

A reminder:

Contact the Team you are Hunting Against.

Agree a time to Start.

PM me with the time.

Any teams not able to meet ANY compromise will score 0 unless a suitable time can be found.

Next Round (Round 2) will be posted Monday, so we need all the Round 1 matches DONE by then:)

Hurrikane

Rough TimeTable for Future Stages:

Stage 2: this weekend (17-18th of March) and the following 2 weekends (24th-25th March, + 31st March-1st April), will host Rounds 1, 2 and 3 of Stage 2.

Stage 3: There will be a 1 weekend break, then on 14-15th April, and 21st and 22nd April, the Stage 3 Hunts will take place.

Stage 4: Another 1 weekend break and then the Stage 4 hunts will be held on the 5th and 6th of May.

Stage 5: Final: This will be held on 19th of MAY

All changes, Start/Finish points and Hunt Times will be added as soon as they happen/are confirmed.

Hurrikane.

Last edited:
I think I spotted a typo, Hurrikane.:)

Stage 2, 31st May - 1st April?

I think I spotted a typo, Hurrikane.:)

Stage 2, 31st May - 1st April?

Not got your TimeTravel chip?

LOL mistake corrected:)

Hurrikane

Rough TimeTable for Future Stages:

Stage 2: this weekend (17-18th of March) and the following 2 weekends (24th-25th March, + 31st March-1st April), will host Rounds 1, 2 and 3 of Stage 2.

Stage 3: There will be a 1 weekend break, then on 14-15th April, and 21st and 22nd April, the Stage 3 Hunts will take place.

Stage 4: Another 1 weekend break and then the Stage 4 hunts will be held on the 5th and 6th of May.

Stage 5: Final: This will be held on 19th of MAY

All changes, Start/Finish points and Hunt Times will be added as soon as they happen/are confirmed.

Hurrikane.

All Times for Round 1 of Stage 2 have been confirmed.

Initial ***Warsheet*** post to be Updated in the morning:)

Thanks to everyone for making this so easy to manage....

Good luck to all!

Hurrikane

Update done:)

Check Initial Post for confirmed Start Times and schedule of this Stage.

(thanks J Boy)

Hurrikane

Please Note: This is the first of 3 rounds in this Stage. The following 2 weekends will be the 2nd and 3rd rounds, on the same Moblist.

Scores from ALL 3 rounds are added to decide who progresses from each Group.

Any Tie-Breaks will be arranged shortly after/the weekend following depending on the schedule.

Scores will be apparent at the end of each hunt,

BUT SCORES WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED UNTIL THE SCREENSHOTS ARE IN.

Please get ALL screenshots onto the ***WoFGlobals*** Thread AS SOON AS YOU CAN, preferably within a few minutes of your hunt.

Please look at the post above, a few reminders of how things will go there....

And to add; future stages will have LESS choice with times.

Be ready for this; this is why your teams are bigger than the 1-4 you need for each hunt.

Hurrikane

First Day of Round One done... and what a first day!

High scores from many teams including USA, Sweden, England and France.

Special mentions:

Highest score of the day was from USA, with only 3 on their team....

Serbia only fielded one player, yet scored points for the next round....

Greece failed to show for their Round and scored 0....

...and of course; Thank you everyone, Judges especially, for making a very busy day less work than it could have been.

Today sees the last 4 hunts in Round One: good luck to all.

The ***WarSheet*** will be updated with scores on Monday.

Round 2 will be arranged on Monday also.

Hurrikane

Another Special mention:

Many people have asked how they can help, or thank me for putting on this little event we're all enjoying. I find this very hard to answer normally, as I kinda work to further my own enjoyment:ahh:

However, a very nice man recently put on an event on his LA that didn't get much response, but has still seen fit to deliver the outcome of that event to me: I'm now the proud owner of a new apartment in Sakura City (where I've always wanted to settle) and have 500 much-needed PED to repair my gear and go hunting again. (Currently between jobs and PED's are tight:))

So, if you want to thank me, help me to thank him, do a hunt or two on his (Gen's) LA, OLA 32. It's full of ripe fungoids, which drop all sorts of mad shit, including 10k PED Hats... not a bad place to spend an hour.

This is the thread;

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58356

Thanks

Hurrikane

Hi,

Just wanted to drop in and say that MindArk would like to contribute with some prizes for the winning team.

Each member of the winning team
(including subs) will receive special 2007 WoF Champion jackets. We can arrange a ceremony later on when it's all over.

Hurrikane will also be receiving a unique jacket for his achievements in organizing this tournament.

Thanks and Good Luck Everyone!
Frank

Many thx Frank,
As you noticed we all play for "glory".
At the start no prizes at all.
So every prize is welcome (expecially for the brain Hurrikane).
Anyway a lil hint:
We all are mainly hunters, so why MA put a jacket as prize.
Think is better something hunting related.
Anyway thx

Hurrikane despite that f*****g umbra was an amazing day thx again:D

Sirlobo Karlo Chaparral

Last edited:
Thank you MA|Frank :wtg:

Great Idea :D

btw. since MA started their tailoring machine...
could we get a hobb bomberjacket colored like our national flag and WoF I
on the back side .. ;) ... yea i know .. just an idea :ahh:

Back