Votes: 73 33.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Longcloud

Old Alpha
Society
Aussie Entropians
Zardoz Zed Longcloud
Currently I'm using 3g a month wireless broadband connection cost me 50$au crappy but that's about the best i can get around central vic without using :handgun: telstra;) now Jump in the way back machine to 10.1.. started the download and was about 3/4 of the way through when my isp dropped out tried to resume but No chance got error message and told to reinstall the entire game.(not a chance on my 3g a month allotment so i got a m8 (thnx nin) to send me his fresh copy. All good everything worked fine till 10.3 got to 1 second remaining then the timer jumps to 100 days download -1 second ffs.
mind you this is 4am I'm tired and hot and fall asleep.
When i wake up i expect to find my download complete so i jump on the pc and click client loader and what happens???m friggen thing starts to download the game again wtf.
My bitch is why cant MA/fpc have a download system that lets you Resume where you left off? dont know if its a hard thing to implement but others do it.
So far 2 downloads have cost me well over 100$(that MA/fpc missed out on):eek: and im still unable to play as i refuse to buy another 3g to download what im unsure will work.(hey nin:) )
Zed
p.s the extra download was from the dna torrent i inadvertently clicked expecting to find an installer or some info not just the popup downloader.after i closed that and started the normal download i didn't realize the torrent was running in the background uploading everything i was downloading :mad:

I thought - given the availability of a VU10 (real) torrent - that MA were gonna release updates as .torrent files, but nooooo...
Seriously, this would be the best way (imo). :wise:

My game will only partially launch..... :(

RAWR COMPUTER MAKE ANGRY!!!!!!! ARRRG STOOPID DOWNLOADIN STOPPIN MAKE IT BETTER!!!!!!!! OR SMASH

I feel your pain.....

I downloaded using the torrent option and it's the fastest download i've ever had of any EU (2.5hrs for all files). It worked perfect for me.

Last edited:
One word:

firefox!

Should clarify...
I used the torrent for the new VU with pretty much np at all and it all installed and launched without any issues.
But I still think a .torrent file we could use with our own torrent software would be the best way.

RAWR COMPUTER MAKE ANGRY!!!!!!! ARRRG STOOPID DOWNLOADIN STOPPIN MAKE IT BETTER!!!!!!!! OR SMASH

frustrating machines these puters:hammer:

Should clarify...
I used the torrent for the new VU with pretty much np at all and it all installed and launched without any issues.
But I still think a .torrent file we could use with our own torrent software would be the best way.

I so agree....

The inbuilt torrent was a joke, and the client loader method came up with an unexplained error.

Shoddy.

I'm glad some had no problems.

I downloaded using the torrent option and it's the fastest download i've ever had of any EU (2.5hrs for all files). It works perfect. Stop trying to find someone to blame for your error. If you don't like where you live, move.

hmm who am i trying to blame:scratch2:
I love where i live:yay: in the center of the golden triangle central Victoria.
i wasn't bitching about the speed of the download,at times i had well over what i normally have with this connection.
my bitch is why cant we resume our download from where it ended after a disconnection or power out or what ever stops the download.
and where is it my error??

Last edited:
Use the http download from the website itself. Firefox has a built in download manager ;)

Use the http download from the website itself. Firefox has a built in download manager ;)

yer i know FF has a DL manager. didnt think to use that:ahh:maybe for the next update ill give that a go instead . thnx +rep

Q_Q (no discussion omg)

Last edited:
As for other people who think it's a bad feature to be told approximately how much time is left....have you ever installed ANYTHING EVER

I've never known a windows function to accurately tell me how long a download is, at regular intervals. EVER! I just set to download, saw it was "some time" then went and played Dragon Age Q_Q (no discussion omg)

You may not of noticed that it stopped and didn't resume. Those 3 screenshots were in chronological order (Check the % and speeds).

As I said, I'm glad some had no issues, one day you will have a problem with a patch, it's almost guaranteed to happen. ;)

i don't have much of a complaint but a resume feature would of been nice. One thing to note I had to download two times. for some reason the first download gave me an error on completion. i think the download speed was acceptable despite my minor complaint. took me less than 2 hours both times.

I agree it would be nice to have an option to pause and resume large updates. I for one only have one option were i live for dsl and it has only been in for about a year now before it was dial up only.:eek: With this it is still taking me 15 hours to download the new patch/client. If it were to stop half way into the deal it would REALLY make me sad.:(

Anyway, 157+ of us are using the unofficial torrent courtesy of Dante at the present time.

I'm so pissed!

Minark's bitdna app SUCKS.

I'm just going to download elsewhere

That feature already exists. It has always existed. At least for the past 2years.
where?how?why isnt it automatic?
I guess I just saw that you've allowed yourself to be extorted by your ISP.
apart from getting an expensive land line installed in a rental i have the second least expencive wireless isp for this local

Can't you d/load it from work >.>
Nope

I've never known a windows function to accurately tell me how long a download is, at regular intervals. EVER! I just set to download, saw it was "some time" then went and played Dragon Age Q_Q (no discussion omg)

some people are just fortunate to get a perfect update i guess:rolleyes:

update from login said 7 hours got back from class in 3 hours and it was done so

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

IF you restart the client then the download picks up from last point...

IF you have to restart a connection, the download starts from the beginning...

What the website address for the http version?

ewwwww

this is the files manifest people are having problems with.

My condolences :(

Basically once it's downloaded and installed, all future updates should work perfectly + with with better file purity/integrity (files protection is better, duplication of ).I give no guarantees though since I'm not responsible for it, but the system should be 'cleaner' as a result.

So yes, I think the pause button is misleading. This is different to all other updates before it, excluding 9.0 and 10.0

apart from getting an expensive land line installed in a rental i have the second least expencive wireless isp for this local

You choose to live in an area with expensive/substandard connection+download limit. That is your choice.

IF you restart the client then the download picks up from last point...

IF you have to restart a connection, the download starts from the beginning...

What the website address for the http version?

I didn't get disconnected,my pc was still downloading/uploading when i woke up.
i opened the client as it wasn't on my screen and it started the download again.
.(This is referring to 10.3 not the 10.1 that got disconnected)

Last edited:
I used the client and it took an hour and 10-20 mins but when vu10 came out I used bit torrent and it took like an hour and 30-40 mins to dl the full game then so either way for me isn't to bad. But that is just me. I think a pause would be great option tho

:)

/mel

You choose to live in an area with expensive/substandard connection+download limit. That is your choice.
Yes m8 i choose to live in Australia:wtg:

Damn, it took like 5-10 mins for me to DL the patch with the client, not the torrent. hehe :yay:

i accidentaly break downloading proces ( no torrent .. i was so tired that i switched PC off) but after starting it again it was looked like resumed download . Time was shorter for amount i downloaded so far.

Immortal, seriously, are you really such a dick? lol

Many people had problems, including me, so grow up, not all machines are built the same, and obviously urs had no problems... Telling people to move and pretending u know what your talking about is really childish. Most companies have figured out a pause function serves purpose, and not everyone can afford to relocate for a fking game. All this person did was try to ask for a working pause and resume function, you're not going to get improved loots by massaging MA's ego. Wow, how ignorant can a person get seriously? Cause it worked for YOU, there's no problem ofc. Nevermind the plethora of threads about it, it's all in people's minds.

Why shouldn't people want a hassle-free, simple, WORKING download?

Back