• theres a way to get around the (no resume) and ill tell you about it

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • telsta sux

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • gime efd

Votes: 73 33.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Immortal was just lucky enough to either get a fast download speed from the server OR he was in before everyone else was, so the servers had enough bandwidth available.

I had the same, I downloaded the file I put on the torrent at 50mbit/sec! It took me about 7 minutes! (downloaded from weblink)

Later however I used the normal method for my laptop and no matter what it did NOT go above 100KB/s.

Was just a matter of at what time you started downloading, or lucky to get fast download for a bit. Has nothing to do with the connection, some people were getting full 2mbit they have, many others are on 100+mbit and didn't go over 100kB/s like me.

I downloaded using the torrent option and it's the fastest download i've ever had of any EU (2.5hrs for all files). It works perfect. Stop trying to find someone to blame for your error. If you don't like where you live, move.

so when i downloaded using the client loader, which can resume, and after 3 hours it was 99.99999% complete and it froze, i resumed it, and it started again from about 33% and then took another 4-5 hours to download it was all just my error?

is that really the point you had to make, it worked for me so everyone is a idiot or should move location?

My problem:
There is no documentation at all of what port(s) the "Bittorrent DNA" client uses, so for me I guess it was bascially a straigth download from the main web server as I have a firewall. From MA support I got "goodday axhandle"-kind of responses.

Secondly, now my firewall log is clogged with denied packets for an udp port. Sigh.

I downloaded using the torrent option and it's the fastest download i've ever had of any EU (2.5hrs for all files). It works perfect. Stop trying to find someone to blame for your error. If you don't like where you live, move.

th_1sm018rofl.gif

Well sorry Immortal but looks to me you got no clue what your rambling about.
If you did, you should very well know, that anyone’s ISP or location,
doesn’t matter all that much when downloading. I suggest you learn how the internet works. ;)

Basically what happened is Minark put the file on quick, if it had resume I do not know, but I think it did. They didn’t put a download speed cap on it and got owned by the demand. I life less then 40 miles from their servers yet took me nine hours to get the update. Not because my ISP is slow, not because I life in the wrong place. We have an 50MB connection directly plugged into a backbone via fiber optic cable, since we life in the country side.

What does matter however is the route your download takes from the server to you. Although I life close, my download went at a snail pace of less then 20kB/s. Somewhere in the route of my download was bottle neck, a server, hub that couldn’t keep up with the demand. Restarted the download a few times, and while downloading I got an error a few times, and again had to restart. After about 8 hours, I got a decent speed of 1.5MB/s and got the update in less then one hour. In those 8 hours I downloaded 50gb of DVD movies from other sites, most came in under 5 minutes.

Even if you have a good ISP and location, if the route of your download is bad or the server can’t handle the demand, you will not get your speed up.
Mindark should have done the same with this update as they had done with VU.10. Put the file online a few days ahead of the update.

Hopefully they will do that with the next big VU. ;)

This image of an internet map, might give you an idea of how many
possible routes there are.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Enjoy playing... ;)

Last edited:
Meh, as I stated in later posts(which obniously no one read), some people had problems pressing the pause button and other download issues. THat wasn't the issue I was bothered with, it was the OP insinuating that it is MA's fault that they choose not to supply themselves with adequate bandwidth. Don't spout BS like that. It's not like they couldn't afford adequate bandwidth for a vital EU update, they choose not to have it.

Frankly, when someone starts a thread called "TIME FOR A BITCH", wtf do they expect? Sympathy? Everyone has had problems with the inception of VU 10.0 I was out for 9 days with a keyboard bug). No one single person's issues is more important than the other(unless you believe in discrimination), no matter how loud you shout on the internetz.

Meh, as I stated in later posts(which obniously no one read), some people had problems pressing the pause button and other download issues. THat wasn't the issue I was bothered with, it was the OP insinuating that it is MA's fault that they choose not to supply themselves with adequate bandwidth. Don't spout BS like that. It's not like they couldn't afford adequate bandwidth for a vital EU update, they choose not to have it.

Frankly, when someone starts a thread called "TIME FOR A BITCH", wtf do they expect? Sympathy? Everyone has had problems with the inception of VU 10.0 I was out for 9 days with a keyboard bug). No one single person's issues is more important than the other(unless you believe in discrimination), no matter how loud you shout on the internetz.

Why don't you do yourself a favor and READ my post again?
Where does it say I was insinuating they didn't supply adequate bandwidth?
And why can't i have a bitch about a lousy system that you only get 1 chance to download it right or you have to do the whole thing again.
No pause button on my downloads no resume kicked in.
I've had trouble from the start of 10.0 just like everyone else and im fedup with it.:mad:
Maybe if you didn't hit the keys so hard you might not have any KB bugs;)
And no,Sympathy isn't what I'm after:rolleyes:

ma dropped the ball

I heard many bad experiences with the MA's loader and torrent,
I was using the torrent that MA set up and it was downloading pretty good, but everyone said that it was failing at the end and had 7 attempts etc. So I used Dante's torrent he set up (props to him) and it took maybe 4 hours. Not great, but it was 3GB so that is about average for torrents that big for me.

I think they should just get it sorted out. This is not the only game I play and the other seem to do pretty well with updates large and small. I know of the huge change between vu9 and vu10 but I have seen small indie teams get a better update system from the start. I saw on the forum some guy saying "just downloaded and saying hi." poor guy would then the next night have to download the same size file again. That would be enough to piss me right off so I wouldnt even try it. But hey thats just me.

redo

I think the main issue is that this was treated like just another VU when in reality it was a total redo. Had we been preped better and known this was gonna be 3gb most of us woulda just got it from site instead of supprised when we open client loader. Some thought the size was do to CP but if you read into it you'll see they put encryption on the files we already had, guess encrypting them on our end wasnt an option for them.:scratch2:

Reading all the bull$hit people are going thru yet again after 10.0 now trying to DL 10.3, gives me a sick feeling when I think of having to deal with this issue a second time. I hate wasting my time due to the incompetence of these clowns who should know by now what the hell they're doing.
It's gonna take more time & energy to do this effing DL shit than I've spent ingame in the last four months.
I should wait until the planets are here before dealing with it, as likely we'll all have to go thru another ridiculous DL clusterfck then too anyways.
:duh:

/rant

Last edited:
Seriously Immortal, can't u have enuff testicular fortitude to admit u were having a bad day and took it out on the poor thread starter? lol
Ffs, there's even a poll about resuming/pausing, and many have said it did NOT resume properly, forcing people to restart over 2/3 of it at times. You just wanna bitch urself and can't bring urself to admit it lol. Point is you DID come across as a complete dick, that's not even in question. You are even 100% wrong on the speeds yet won't admit u don't know what your talking about... BTW, explain to me how my ISP is shit too and that's why it took me about 15 tries before it even started... Then once it started it reset itself a couple times, installed itself but refused to work until i re-downloaded it again... i'm sure this was also my fault although i happen to b quite pc literate enough to know how to download and install a fking patch. I'm sure the person who lives 20km from the HQ is also just using substandard internet and should move like u suggest...
I got something for u to play with, since obviously u can't be trusted near a keyboard or some other outlet into the world.... :handjob:

Reading your posts over immortal, the main and only common theme i see is you insulting and looking down on people lol. Nothing bandwidth related, and frankly it's kinda a pathetic excuse for ur rants on people. Even going so far as telling people they should move.... and what's this BS about MA choosing to give less bandwidth... man u talk through ur ass lol.

The more i read over the whole thread the more i'm convinced u didn't even fking read anything as u ranted and attacked people, immortal, and your posts like telling people how % of completion bars aren't even accurate and are just completely irrelevant. Which u ofc deleted claiming people were taking u in wrong context... You got so lost in this discussion and now ur thrashing and kicking trying to save face, really fun to watch tbh lol.

Last edited:
Well its screwed my install so I now have to DL the full client again. :yay: This is the best way to save PED.

I dont get why so many people have a problem getting this.

I downloaded direct from MA clientloader as a normal download and got it first run in a hour and 6 minutes and I am in the US not right next to the servers.

Me thinks you guys have not set permissions to run EU without being checked at every bit. My guess is that your safety settings are too high and causing problems. If you dont trust EU downloads direct from MA by now ya might wanna rethink playing.

I dont get why so many people have a problem getting this.

I downloaded direct from MA clientloader as a normal download and got it first run in a hour and 6 minutes and I am in the US not right next to the servers.

Me thinks you guys have not set permissions to run EU without being checked at every bit. My guess is that your safety settings are too high and causing problems. If you dont trust EU downloads direct from MA by now ya might wanna rethink playing.

No it's nothing to do with that. However, I dont know what it was.

Suffice it to say, the two updates since VU 10.3 have downloaded and installed from the client loader without a problem.

(Remember that C++ code that wasnt included with the 10.0 installation?)

Just one of the problems providing for 3 operating systems, and a variety of other software and hardware which could cause conflicts I suppose.

One word:

Opera

Fixed it for you :rolleyes:

I haven't found the answer to this yet but (didnt read the whole thread just the first page..)

but when I chose to DL it the normal way it crashed at around 50%.. or well my whole PC crashed.. but when I started it over it boosted up to 20mbits to the point where it crashed before plumiting to about 1-2mbits and going normal again. am I the only one who has this\that? :p

I loved this download. I took 38 minutes and the speed rocked! Way to go mindark!

People don't seem to get how different a machine can b from the next and assume it all down to user error automatically.... Feels like I'm dealing with some kind of tech support (intent on proving they aren't at fault), feels almost like people protecting MA, no one attacked, no one insulted MA... But i've never considered calling anyone a fanboy till i read this thread lol. BTW, as far as tech support goes, always turned out to b on their end... lol

PS. Criticism= NOT a bad thing and should b encouraged, not like we're trying to take MA down.

People don't seem to get how different a machine can b from the next and assume it all down to user error automatically.... Feels like I'm dealing with some kind of tech support (intent on proving they aren't at fault), feels almost like people protecting MA, no one attacked, no one insulted MA... But i've never considered calling anyone a fanboy till i read this thread lol. BTW, as far as tech support goes, always turned out to b on their end... lol

PS. Criticism= NOT a bad thing and should b encouraged, not like we're trying to take MA down.

IF you check the poll however, there's no option to choose: downloading is great.......... so the outcome is always against Mindark. While criticism is not a bad thing.. a bad poll is a bad thing.

IF you check the poll however, there's no option to choose: downloading is great.......... so the outcome is always against Mindark. While criticism is not a bad thing.. a bad poll is a bad thing.

That's something i neglected to add :ahh: i assume people that didn't have a prob voted efd:)
And over all through the last few years the downloading has been ok but it could be a lot better.

Well, while i get ur point spawn, it's simply a fact it's not ok lol. Be it user error, bad connection on either end or along the way, accident DO happen and at least a few downloads EVERY update will require some redownloading, that's just life. But the argument had nothing to do with bad or good, right or wrong, just wanting a working resume... The other things crept up as sidenotes... But i would assume tesla sucks and i want efd aren't too against MA... and tbh neither is wanting a resume lol. This isn't about right or wrong, it's simply people asking for a feature. Why this has to always turn into being against or for MA escapes me, unless people get too caught up in the investment aspect and see themselves as relying on MA's continued ego massaging and that a boys... Fact is people don't care about MA as a company, they care more about the game, and that's all i was talking about... The people who care about MA is because of how it affects their game again. So you won't find me getting into many fanboy or against MA arguments. I'm by no means against MA and actually i think EU is a great place.

Last edited:
Dude we are in XXI century...i hardly belive that they still are so many countryies with crapp I-Net conexions....it tookt me about 30 minuttes to download and update to new VU and i live in romania ffs :D
Paying for MB downloaded and such....hundrets of $$ for I-Net conexions...thats so pre era ....

Ahhh... Telstra Next G Wireless Broadband...

It's truly god-awful, just ask Nightwolf ;)

And yeah download pausing/resuming would be awesome ;)

Dude we are in XXI century...i hardly belive that they still are so many countryies with crapp I-Net conexions....it tookt me about 30 minuttes to download and update to new VU and i live in romania ffs :D
Paying for MB downloaded and such....hundrets of $$ for I-Net conexions...thats so pre era ....

Romainia...238,391 sq kms
Australia..7,617,930 sq kms
we are getting fiber optic connections(one day)

Longcloud I feel your pain:mad: i'm run a small ISP in South Africa and our DSL still runs on copper:eek:!!! it's also crap expensive for the average guy, we only this month got access to 4Mb uncapped lines at between R3800 to R4200 at the end user per month, worst on all if you live right on the edge of the exchange you'll only get about 1Mb (funny thing is. a 1Mb uncapped line is more expensive:rolleyes: go figure).

personaly i run on a 512Kb uncapped line at home and some time i get great DL speed on a update (i.e 40-50K/s while my wife is downloading the latest smallville episode) Other times it cralws at 1-4K/s, Pause/resume at will would be super, also mirror sites would rock to. that way you can try to find the best DL site.

+rep for a good thred that provoked some really insightful posts

also while doing the 10.3. update it killed my XP dead, had to reinstall the OS, so i went for Windows 7, now i have two updates to install before i can play.

Last edited:
I think that a check files option would be nice to add as well as a pause option.

After the latest patch my game file got corrupt somehow and now I have to re-download the entire game again. It would have been nice to have a simple check file instead of a complete re-download. :mad:

It would be a useful feature for those who have a slow internet connection and for those who dont want to clog up their internet for 3 hours straight and if im honest, i cant see any downsides to this being implemented.

there's really only one answer to this - Yes, this download shit sux without a pause or resume... to download the original client (VU 7.1) took me more than 10 hours, and it was mostly because my shit wouldn't resume the download - so i think there's much to say for a resumable, and pausable, piece

even if you say you want it on torrent, having it pausable and resumable can't be anything more than a boon - however, every goddanged thing i ever torrented turned into legions of crushed and ripped toilet paper.... so go with it!:wtg:

I was at friend house playing xbox360 and downloaded using client : speed was 800KB/Sec ... took me 1h15

then friend tried with torrent. he was hitting 500kb/sec max and took him 2h30.

I guess it depend of where u live? for me torrent always slower.

Mobile internet = pay with teeth + the reliability of a one armed man getting you that mulch with a wheelbarrow..

last 2 updates i have had to backup my EU just incase i get currupt files.
which i have last 2 times.

i can burn and mail you a copy anytime mate. but ffs get a better internet connection :p

as man from africa was saying pause download would be pimping for share houses with limited access where you cannot do it in one hit without causing a riot.

+rep

NIN

Well just be thankful it didn't keep going, 3 is slapping me with 1000 dollars excess data usage for all of those downloads. Fear not as i will not be paying and have already changed to Optus dsl. 100mbs FTW.

Back