Unwanted Mayhem Rare

DrGirlfriend

Prowler
Banned
Sheila Dr Girlfriend
My husband had 100 ped to burn in uni ammo (he doesnt normally hunt) and he did mayhem and got a rare token in that 100 ped. Now he has a rare token and 60 regular tokens and no desire to hunt for more.

Any suggestions? I would just have him buy another azuro for me but they are sold out. and 10k+ points seems unachievable for him.

I'm trying to decide if this is a troll post or a serious post.

There are much more significant problems to have. Some people have not looted a rare in hundreds of thousands of ped cycled. Count yourself lucky.

Lastly, just because you have it, it does not mean you have to use it. At least you will have it for down the road.

100 ped ammo and 60 tokens looted is nuts allrdy and to loot a rare one too ...

I'm trying to decide if this is a troll post or a serious post.

There are much more significant problems to have. Some people have not looted a rare in hundreds of thousands of ped cycled. Count yourself lucky.

Lastly, just because you have it, it does not mean you have to use it. At least you will have it for down the road.
This is 100% genuine. It took him 6 years to spend the last rare token before he spent it in my azuro... he doesn't want to sit with it for another 6 years.

@My|MindArk can we have some MA input here please? How is this even possible? When I ask about this I get the same answer, it all depends on all sorts of factors like weapons, gear and dpp. I/we tried 100 different weapons and combos and cycled countless peds and still didn't get shit. We want answers ! I really doubt someone that had 100 peds to shoot had any sort of pro gear or combos that resulted in looting a rare token. I understand people can get lucky but it has not been yet stated by MA that looting a rare token is based on luck or guessing! Thank you in advance!

I find the example above depressing.
People spending millions of peds, not getting even one.
Then someone with little effert getting it

What is the odds of that, in probability math?

Shouldn't everyone have about the same chance on their first shots, and the more you shoot, the higher the chance you get one?

I think, with correct probability math, the chances on this happening are smaller then the chances of the earth getting hit by a fatal meteor storm tomorrow at 14h10 and 05 seconds exactly. Unless there is some ancient un-probable factors in game such as unfair stimulus. (like new accounts, welcome-back bonus etc)

With normal probability math, shouldn't your chance of getting one go up enourmously, when you hunt for a million ped rather then a 100 ? Appearently even the best gear and countless hours of effort don't add up to your chances?

What is wrong with this picture?

I find the example above depressing.
People spending millions of peds, not getting even one.
Then someone with little effert getting it

What is the odds of that, in probability math?

Shouldn't everyone have about the same chance on their first shots, and the more you shoot, the higher the chance you get one?

I think, with correct probability math, the chances on this happening are smaller then the chances of the earth getting hit by a fatal meteor storm tomorrow at 14h10 and 05 seconds exactly. Unless there is some ancient un-probable factors in game such as unfair stimulus.

With normal probability math, shouldn't your chance of getting one go up enourmously, when you hunt for a million ped rather then a 100 ? Appearently even the best gear and countless hours of effort don't add up to your chances?

What is wrong with this picture?
100% agreed, or MA can just be honest with their paying customers and say "guys look, its based on luck, and until you get lucky you can forget about it" and stop bullshitting that you need pro gear, countless hours and 100 years knowledge of the game to loot rare tokens or any rare stuff. P.S. you watch this space how I get banned or blocked and this thread gets removed, but simply put, I really don't care at this point!

My husband had 100 ped to burn in uni ammo (he doesnt normally hunt) and he did mayhem and got a rare token in that 100 ped. Now he has a rare token and 60 regular tokens and no desire to hunt for more.

Any suggestions? I would just have him buy another azuro for me but they are sold out. and 10k+ points seems unachievable for him.

*rage intensifies*

100% agreed, or MA can just be honest with their paying customers and say "guys look, its based on luck, and until you get lucky you can forget about it" and stop bullshitting that you need pro gear, countless hours and 100 years knowledge of the game to loot rare tokens or any rare stuff. P.S. you watch this space how I get banned or blocked and this thread gets removed, but simply put, I really don't care at this point!

Yeah, I got 6 rares in total (all looted - none in boxes) in the first 75k mtokens I farmed. And 0 in the last 35k, there's a crazy amount of variance at play here. Hard to know what factors increase your chance, and even harder given that anyone that already has one in inventory doesn't trigger the hof. Meaning many more could be looted than the global chat tells us.

I think Mindark does have some kind of enticement system. Why give someone who is already grinding millions of ped a rare? they will stop grinding at that rate. But give someone who doesnt grind, and they will go spend more to get something.... They already do it with skill buffs when hunting. Have you ever noticed that they always pop up during the last few minutes of your average hunting session time, or right before pills are about to run out or when you are low on ammo and would need to convert shrapnel again to keep going.

I usually never hunt more than an hour or two in one go and this consistently happens to me. But when I sit down and grind for multiple hours I dont see multiple skill gain buffs at the frequency I get them when I only hunt an hour at a time.

the less you play the more chance you have to get rare, the more you play the chances for looting rares goes lower, that example its nothing special that people with less effort get more

Why give someone who is already grinding millions of ped a rare? they will stop grinding at that rate. But give someone who doesnt grind, and they will go spend more to get something....

While there is some truth to this, it works the other way around too. After ~1.5m cycled in new format without a rare, and seeing all these other people with 3-5x that cycle without a rare, i csn hardly bring myself to complete redulite in mayhems anymore. It is just too damn boring to sit through this crap knowing that the token value and my progression is locked behind a chance item that may never come.

Why bother grinding (a particularly boring grind, by design) if what you need just might never drop, while constantly seeing less effort rewarded.

Guess I'm a miner now. :)

I understand your pain guys, ever since this new system I have tried all sorts of stuff. L weapons, UL weapons (was lucky enough to have ppl trusting me with decent stuff), high end pills, ring combos, hundres of hours spent, 10's of thousand of peds cycled, hunted on all planets in all possible locations and the result is always the same! No rare for me! And I am not the only one, I know other players with far greater skills and gear than what I have that looted 0! What really pisses me off is when I ask MA about it its always the same shit generic response. Just be honest for 1 second and just say it how it is, its all about luck and then no one will complain anymore as Lady Luck is a little bit of a bitch sometimes. Otherwise we would all win the lottery, am I right ? 🤣🤣

I understand your pain guys, ever since this new system I have tried all sorts of stuff. L weapons, UL weapons (was lucky enough to have ppl trusting me with decent stuff), high end pills, ring combos, hundres of hours spent, 10's of thousand of peds cycled, hunted on all planets in all possible locations and the result is always the same! No rare for me! And I am not the only one, I know other players with far greater skills and gear than what I have that looted 0! What really pisses me off is when I ask MA about it its always the same shit generic response. Just be honest for 1 second and just say it how it is, its all about luck and then no one will complain anymore as Lady Luck is a little bit of a bitch sometimes. Otherwise we would all win the lottery, am I right ? 🤣🤣
I think they dont respond because it isnt about pure luck, or skill. Its probably based on your spending and playing habits. I bet if you quit for 6 months and come back you will increase your chances. Or withdraw a giant chunk of your accounts PED value and hunt at a lower bankroll rate, they might give you the rare then to get you to re-depo and grind at the higher rate again. I think its more psychology and less luck.

And since they took the guaranteed 1st place token rewards away, how many players are cycling MORE trying to get tokens. I would bet that the average player is spending more since they dont feel it is hopeless competing against an uber player with more $$$ knowing they will never get a rare.

I think they dont respond because it isnt about pure luck, or skill. Its probably based on your spending and playing habits. I bet if you quit for 6 months and come back you will increase your chances. Or withdraw a giant chunk of your accounts PED value and hunt at a lower bankroll rate, they might give you the rare then to get you to re-depo and grind at the higher rate again. I think its more psychology and less luck.

And since they took the guaranteed 1st place token rewards away, how many players are cycling MORE trying to get tokens. I would bet that the average player is spending more since they dont feel it is hopeless competing against an uber player with more $$$ knowing they will never get a rare.
Well this is my last resort tbh, I was thinking about it too as a had a friend that done this and when he came back he looted a rare token in a box not long after. Hence, after I finish my redulite this "shithem", I will stop playing until I get bored of not playing (as I am bored of playing atm anyways) and just see what happens when I come back, and if that doesn't cure it. I will only enjoy EU for the social side and little gambles once in a while because that would prove to me this is just something not worth investing my hard earned money in to. Cheers! 😁

"Otherwise we would all win the lottery, am I right"

I'd imagine it comes down to how you class the rares drop. For a lottery we are all buying tickets and the more you have the greater your chance at the draw time.
The big cycles have more tickets sure, but if the rares are on a wave then that's just meaning your in for more draws, not having more tickets in each draw.

(I'll admit that made more sense in my head 🤔)

I am sure a lot of things do. <3. But even the wave mechanics are funky and not totally understood, sure there are some things we kinda understand and can take advantage of, but it is still all guesswork.

"Otherwise we would all win the lottery, am I right"

I'd imagine it comes down to how you class the rares drop. For a lottery we are all buying tickets and the more you have the greater your chance at the draw time.
The big cycles have more tickets sure, but if the rares are on a wave then that's just meaning your in for more draws, not having more tickets in each draw.

I was just using the "lottery" bit as a euphemism for looting rare tokens, sorry if I induced error upon judgement. 😁🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Seriously, shut the fuck up and stop whining if you don't want the rare you got, TT that shit and go to bed.
Ah mate, this really made me laugh out loud, thanks for making my evening better. I'll carry on getting more drunk and a little happier after reading this. 🤣🤣🤣

I want a token myself so I feel the same rage honestly. But I’m honestly asking which is the lowest token item with the highest value that he should try to go for? I’m not trying to start a debate here just asking for vendor item buying input

I
I think Mindark does have some kind of enticement system. Why give someone who is already grinding millions of ped a rare? they will stop grinding at that rate. But give someone who doesnt grind, and they will go spend more to get something.... They already do it with skill buffs when hunting. Have you ever noticed that they always pop up during the last few minutes of your average hunting session time, or right before pills are about to run out or when you are low on ammo and would need to convert shrapnel again to keep going.

I usually never hunt more than an hour or two in one go and this consistently happens to me. But when I sit down and grind for multiple hours I dont see multiple skill gain buffs at the frequency I get them when I only hunt an hour at a time.
I think this too, now he has to hunt mayhem again when he hasn’t in like 6 years almost.

Back