Price for products?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

TheOneOmega

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Marie TheOne Omega
I was wondering if people think the prices of beauty products will increase or decrease after CryEngine2 is set in place. On one hand, everyone will have a chance to remake their character, and those unhappy with their characters now may fix them for free. On the other hand, players may not be able to accurately create the look they desire the first time through. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to buy some beauty products in bulk with the intention of selling them after CryEngine2 is implemented. Thoughts?

I bought some beauty products... a lot... the whole set.

But I voted that the price would fall. Not because I have any clue at all.... but I thought the bars looked prettier when they were all the same length.

it's a beautician thing....

Initially they'll rise.. but they'll drop shortly afterwards as all the new people start killing daikiba :D

There are 4 big factors that determine the price of beauty factors

1. MA's drop rates
a. Increased drop rates
b. Decreased drop rates

2. Kimmi
a. Skilling
b. Dormant

3. Sorg
a. Skilling
b. Dormant

4. Ido
a. Skilling
b. Dormant

If 1a + 2b, 3b, and 4b occur, the prices of beauty products falls dramatically.
If 1b + 2b, 3b, and 4b occur, prices will raise by a few %.
If 1a + 2a, 3a, or 4a occurs, the prices will raise substantially.
If 1b + 2a, 3a, or 4a occurs, the prices will raise dramatically.
If 1b + 2a + 3a + 4a occurs, there will be virtually no materials on the auctions, and prices will skyrocket.

Good idea, I think. I think there will be lots of publicity, and lots of cash dropping noobs who need the best of everything.

I was wondering if people think the prices of beauty products will increase or decrease after CryEngine2 is set in place. On one hand, everyone will have a chance to remake their character, and those unhappy with their characters now may fix them for free. On the other hand, players may not be able to accurately create the look they desire the first time through. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to buy some beauty products in bulk with the intention of selling them after CryEngine2 is implemented. Thoughts?

No .. bad reseller bad :p

In all honesty .. if the price of material rises i refrain of buying it for anything else then if i run out and need it for actual customers...

as only 1% of what i use actualy goes onto real people ... i dont think I will be buying your overpriced mats

Gluepot has a very valid point there ;)

well if people want to push the prices up then the public will just have too pay more for the hair cuts so its your choice..

with 0 chance of globals when skilling along with a few other profession we have too try and make back some off the K's of peds we have invested.

I think MA will raise the droprate, so that there will be enough materials... And clothing, paint and textures might be higher in droprate too...

who says we need to do our avatars all over ?

i dun know if there is payed any attention to it allready but it might be that the allready changed things in EU are infact cry engine2 ready.
so i dont think ava's will change or interior of houses will change.
and don't think that the allready ajusted mobs will change.

and not to forget clothes lol.

so i think the price wil stay the same a bit.

but i might be totaly wrong here offcourse so dun mind me :silly2:

who says we need to do our avatars all over ?

i dun know if there is payed any attention to it allready but it might be that the allready changed things in EU are infact cry engine2 ready.
so i dont think ava's will change or interior of houses will change.
and don't think that the allready ajusted mobs will change.

and not to forget clothes lol.

so i think the price wil stay the same a bit.

but i might be totaly wrong here offcourse so dun mind me :silly2:

It all depends on who is placing orders and who is skilling. If 2 stylists are doing some good skilling, chances are materials on whatever products they are using will raise by a good 10-20%. If those 2 stylists have placed orders in auctions already and then I come into the play and place my own order, the price will rise some more.
However once the stylists are taking a break from skilling, price drops back down again.

Note to the thread starter: Reselling beauty materials is a very risky venture, and you probably won't earn much respect from any of the beauticians by hoarding supplies. Overall it's like trying to resell sweat - a very silly idea.

Gluepot has a very valid point there ;)

Yep, I've watched it happen :D

Last edited:
I think you're right Sidney. Why would we redo our avatar's for CryEngine again?

I think you're right Sidney. Why would we redo our avatar's for CryEngine again?

Well for one thing it would make MA a LOT of money..... For another thing it would make MA a LOT of money..... And last but not least, it would make MA a LOT of money. 3 reasons that are very influential over all of MA's decisions.

Stylists that have a fairly amount of customers will always have a reasonable stock of materials.

We get materials offered from lots of people so they dont need to pay fee on auction. Also advertisers buy for us that way, so they can make a few more peds.

Stylists in the Entropian Beauty Group or Entropian Stylist Inc support eachother in any way, so if 1 runs low on any mats, others will help.

If each stylist has a small amount of lets say 2K materials of each, we could go on for months without buying more.

Higher stylists skill with materials lower stylist cant use yet, so that doesn't effect the price in any way.
Lower stylist (-lv20) will use 1-5-10gel to skill up so they dont need that much.

Last edited:
Well for one thing it would make MA a LOT of money..... For another thing it would make MA a LOT of money..... And last but not least, it would make MA a LOT of money. 3 reasons that are very influential over all of MA's decisions.

Excuse my ignorance but I fail to see how MA would make more money from us remaking our avatars. Could you please explain how you think?

Excuse my ignorance but I fail to see how MA would make more money from us remaking our avatars. Could you please explain how you think?

Let me see..... If I put in 3 ped TT of hair gel to re-style somebody's hair, and it takes me, say, 3 attempts to get it done.... That on top of the decay of the toolkit adds up to about 9.54 ped that went straight to MindArk. Suppose 10 stylists get 5 customers/day, 50 customers*9.54=477 ped. Now lets say this goes on for about a month, 14,310 ped goes into MA's pockets.
Now considering that when something that forces people to re-make their avatars happens MANY people flock the stylists very quickly, more accurate statistics would be to say that 10 stylists get about 10-20 customers/day for a month, in which case 28,620-57,240 ped goes straight into MA pockets.

Did you think hair styling was free? You can't just invest in a chair and start giving haircuts. There are decays and materials required to get the job done.
I notice you are in HU, I am sure you know of the events Mr. and Mrs-Zap create? I sponsor most of them, and it costs me generally 10-30 ped each time somebody wins. It's not free to give somebody a haircut, it costs somebody (me in this case) money.

beauty is also MAKE UP ----
The last post here talk only over body sculpting and hair things, but we have a lot more tools in make up.

I don't think we most redesign our Ava ... most things are cry2 ready now!!

Ah, now I see what you mean. But we're talking about two different kinds of remakes :)

The one I'm reffering to is the avatar creation process when you start playing. The very first thing you do in your EU-life...

Not to be confused with the more common avatar remakes you're talking about (which naturally gives MA more money..)

beauty is also MAKE UP ----
The last post here talk only over body sculpting and hair things, but we have a lot more tools in make up.

Yes but MA makes more profit from body sculpting/hair styling. Makeup you get your TT back and pay a transfer fee, hair styling/body sculpting you don't get any TT back, no ped returns at all unless the customer pays.

Marco cleary say that system may not be compatible , and MA will try to "keep" curent setting.
So far , the last 3 or 4 big avatar update , marco always posted "MA will try keep setting" , and we allways finished have to make avatar with low seting , and then go to beutitien...

I ask that all player need chose between the 5 basic clothe , and only the noob color " blue , yellow orange"...
I am bored to redisign my avatar with low seting and have to pay insane money for beuty evry 5 VU... yet i never did gain 1 free customer from MA...

Yes but MA makes more profit from body sculpting/hair styling. Makeup you get your TT back and pay a transfer fee, hair styling/body sculpting you don't get any TT back, no ped returns at all unless the customer pays.

aha, and what about the shitload of TT a empty mask need???

You get that TT back on the mask when it comes out.

and MA get 10 pec each wear;) and hold a lot peds in game about the high tt of empty mask.

and MA get 10 pec each wear;) and hold a lot peds in game abouth the high tt of empty mask.

And many people put their mask on only one or two times. MA makes more profit from hair styling/body sculpting than from makeup. Makeup was just added to attract more players and be another small source of income to add a drop to their pot.
I am not saying that any profession is superior to another profession, I am simply stating the reason why it would be in MA's interest to reset avatars.

And many people put their mask on only one or two times. MA makes more profit from hair styling/body sculpting than from makeup. Makeup was just added to attract more players and be another small source of income to add a drop to their pot.
I am not saying that any profession is superior to another profession, I am simply stating the reason why it would be in MA's interest to reset avatars.

if they reset avatars, then the make up mask will be reset too ... what about the expensive art the customers pay for. ... and i can say my first mask i made have now only 25 changes left ... I know a lot ppl they change all the time the make up mask ... so you don't have right about ppl wear it only one time. Ok it is true that MA make more from the other beauty things. But it is also that Make Up is a part of beauty. ;)

ok, don't have to say more now. But we hade a little talk over the exotic beauty part calls Make up:D. all in all, MA make cash whit all things of the Beauty systems.

Fully agree Skam.

Also make up is a very big part of beauty and needs a HUGE investement and heeps of materials for you drop a lot less not to mention BP's you need to craft and need luck to get some profit on it (depending res price).

Much bigger risk than doing beauty cause with that you decide when you have enough mats/peds to skill up or not.

Last edited:
if they reset avatars, then the make up mask will be reset too ... what about the expensive art the customers pay for. ... and i can say my first mask i made have now only 25 changes left ... I know a lot ppl they change all the time the make up mask ... so you don't have right about ppl wear it only one time. Ok it is true that MA make more from the other beauty things. But it is also that Make Up is a part of beauty. ;)

ok, don't have to say more now. But we hade a little talk over the exotic beauty part calls Make up:D. all in all, MA make cash whit all things of the Beauty systems.

I think you were arguing about player profit while I was arguing about MA's profit.
Yes, make-up artists make more profit that hair stylists.
No, MA does not make more profit from make-up artists than from hair stylists.

I think MA will raise the droprate, so that there will be enough materials... And clothing, paint and textures might be higher in droprate too...

I'm sorry, I can't hold myself... ;P

With the Cryengine2 MA will raise droprate of everything. Exos will drop mod faps, daikibas eon parts, we will all hit hof after hof and everyone will live happy everafter :D as Crytopia is destined to be the land of happiness, kindness and joy.

I'm sorry for being nasty (a bit tired, I'm affraid). To be more serious, droprate depends on what brings MA a profit... See feet protection :)

I still dont see why we can not have as "old" player when we will remaque our avatar , all the setting total enabled.

Why the hell i must go to beutitien after the update to finish my avatar ?

Thats 3 time i pay , to finish my avatar because setting are lowered...

This piss me a lot ...

I dont want to pay again for my size , my chest , my aircut , my eyes .....

I like remaking ava. Did it twice so far (plus one time when I created my ava during PE times). Also helped friends with making their avas. For me it's not annoying. Yes, I'm kinda happy with my looks now (more or less), but recreating doeasn't bother me much. Whatever MA decides, I would like to see it bug free and ready to go. If current models or textures are incompatible with the new system, I prefer to see them changed to avoid bugs.

Back