Virtual Reality Presidential Race Begins - PR Newswire (press release)

They are not a subsidiary of MA, they are paying MA to use their platform just like MA is paying Cryengine...

What is PwC?

Yes I know that. Just funny English translation there I think :)

PwC = Price Waterhouse Cooper

What's more telling is that if this was / is MA's idea then why the complete silence about it since it all went live?

The other thing to notice is that the voting was supposed to open in Feb 2016, two weeks in and no sign of a voting system.

What's more telling is that if this was / is MA's idea then why the complete silence about it since it all went live?

The other thing to notice is that the voting was supposed to open in Feb 2016, two weeks in and no sign of a voting system.

Shh. Maybe it'll just go away.

I was hoping something would come of this but at the end it looks like a ND inside game event only.

For anyone who may want to get more information about this could look at this link here:

https://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=presidentofvirtualreality.com

Does anyone know if anyone other than ND is running?

I haven't heard anything on this for ages :rolleyes:

whatajoke-jpg.2062

:lolup::laugh::eyecrazy::lolup::laugh::eyecrazy::lolup::laugh:

:scratch2:unknow candidates :cool:

Well at least now you can vote for someone besides ND.

giphy.gif

1st of March is tomorrow, unless there's an extremely late VU looks like the voting isn't going to start in February.

Voting is in game???

The original page suggested / alluded to it being in game.

edit: ok the vr prez page has got a voting button a picture of ND and Candidate B and Candidate C that links to Facebook. No where on the original page did it say you needed an Facebook account to vote.

So much for thinking this might encourage people in to making accounts for EU. I used my avatars FB account

Thank you for your vote. You are now a citizen of virtual reality. Become the movement by sharing the election poll with your friends.

Create your free avatar account in Entropia Universe the leading real cash economy virtual reality universe and discover the opportunities that await.

Currently voting is ND with 82.8%, Anonymous Candidate B 10.3%, Anonymous Candidate B 6.9%

Last edited:
The original page suggested / alluded to it being in game.

edit: ok the vr prez page has got a voting button a picture of ND and Candidate B and Candidate C that links to Facebook. No where on the original page did it say you needed an Facebook account to vote.

So much for thinking this might encourage people in to making accounts for EU.

Agreed. I thought the whole point was that there was going to be an in game voting system introduced.

...the Real Cash MMO Virtual Reality platform announced today the introduction of a new democratic voting system...

Bring back the twin peaks voting booths :yay: !

So the options are ND, "candidate B" or "candidate C"...

And for those of us without facebook? :scratch2:

Last edited:
So the options are ND, "candidate B" or "candidate C"...

NO options are ND or ND aka candidate B or ND aka candidate C

SO AT THE END ALL VOTE ND

this commedy is realy even more funy than expected :grumble::tux::grumble:

I'd vote for Mr. Obvious - because the president of virtual reality needs to be a virtual person, not real one,

or maybe for Cthulhu - because why choose lesser evil?

Q. what do I get in my free VR Day commemorative Strongbox?

A. you will recieve an email as soon as the VR Day commemorative Strongboxes are ready.

Worth voting for that box at least. I voted for C.

Last edited:
The more I hear/read about this the bigger BS this becomes....

Despite virtual reality (VR) only starting out as an industry, there is already an immense trust in how successful it will turn out to be. Jon ‘NEVERDIE’ Jacobs, Swedish creator of virtual online massively multiplayer online world Entropia Universe, has strong opinions on how he thinks VR will pan out in the long run, resulting in potentially saving the job market.

[...]

http://vrfocus.com/archives/29853/entropia-universe-creator-to-talk-vr-at-mobile-world-congress/

:scratch2:so.. acording FB ...
http://vrfocus.com/archives/29853/entropia-universe-creator-to-talk-vr-at-mobile-world-congress/

" Jon ‘NEVERDIE’ Jacobs, Swedish creator of virtual online massively multiplayer online world Entropia Universe, has strong opinions on how he thinks VR will pan out in the long run, resulting in potentially saving the job market."

john is now swede and creator of EU ahh ok even more false propaganda

why is all cirkus whit voting ? cause voted president sound better than self proclamed dictator

guess if you dont lie , cheat and break rules you cant be enough cool to be president

john is now swede and creator of EU ahh ok even more false propaganda

that's the problem with press releases it get's cut / changed every time someone passes it on and the person involved obviously found it too hard to check basic facts.

btw I tried to leave a comment on that vrfocus page to correct it but sadly it won't let me as the page stops responding.

Last edited:
Seems person B is a close second with 15% of the votes :)

Unfortunately, there is no chance I will open an account with Facebook if that is required to participate in the voting (let aside the lack of choices, which is another subject). There are several reasons for this, and these reasons exist not only since yesterday. Just the latest nail in the coffin, pertaining but not restricted to my home country:
http://pamelageller.com/2016/02/mar...s-inspiring-u-s-should-follow-their-lead.html

If there are different, more steadfast venues for casting one's opinion in this matter, I like to learn about them. I will support a "President of Virtual Reality" in any name, shape, form of organisation or whatever, who spearheads resistance against the sprawling encroachment on free speech everywhere human minds gather. I have already experienced the idea of "thought crime" being forced into another virtual world I liked to visit earlier, Second Life. Hence there is good evidence that the conception of a representative and organisation spanning across the multitude of non-physical realms is needed and appearing just in time. Not least because the enemy is doing just that already! Practical obstacles exist that await ideas for solution still, but this is no grounds for ridicule i.m.o.

All this is not about a game. If it was, such efforts in politics would not be necessary, even be ridiculous. Those who created this initiative are aware of this, and deserve credit for their vision. Those who see nothing but a publicity stunt for Mr. Neverdie are missing the point. Our game(s) is(are) just the backdrop for our gathering. The final warning of a wise man, spoken long before the extent of current technology's reach into our privacy was thought possible despite his already drastic visions, is therefore more valid than ever:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXm5hklbBsA (at 1:30 is the money quote)

Note to whom it may concern: I am fully aware of the potential for controversy in the offered viewpoints especially through hyperlinks. Objections are absolutely welcome (I seldom learn something from people I agree with), but they can only be raised if the subject is known to exist out there, and able to be shown in the context where you want to point it out. I am not going through life with every rule book clogging up space in my head nor do I double check every utterance with what some major or minor authority finds permissible. However, due to experience, I am henceforth taking measures against the risk of sudden disappearance of such contributions which have cost me energy to produce, beginning with but not restricted to comprehensive documentation and backup for the purpose of re-publishing should the need arise. I will not allow being chopped off at the knees one more time. I recommend everyone who cares do likewise. Oh, the irony.

So how do we actually receive our commission box? We get sent an email. How do they know which email? My facebook email? Not enough information has been given out. Poor try at this.

So how do we actually receive our commission box? We get sent an email. How do they know which email? My facebook email? Not enough information has been given out. Poor try at this.

Ok there's seems some confusion here. You register via http://www.presidentofvirtualreality.com/ this is your email that you use to log in game. You don't need a Facebook account, my email is different for that. Also the facebook page is only used to show the polls nothing else.

This poll is in no way sponsored or administered by Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for this poll's purposes.

Ok there's seems some confusion here. You register via http://www.presidentofvirtualreality.com/ this is your email that you use to log in game. You don't need a Facebook account, my email is different for that. Also the facebook page is only used to show the polls nothing else.

This poll is in no way sponsored or administered by Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for this poll's purposes.

I dont manage to vote without Facebook.

This authorization is simply required to make sure you can't participate twice. The only information stored from your Facebook profile are your name and Facebook ID.

But it still uses facebook? The link brings me to the page but says i already voted through facebook.

But it still uses facebook? The link brings me to the page but says i already voted through facebook.

Yes i see what you mean. yesterday that did not come up. Even when i logged out of facebook it asks me to log in to use poll. So i guess you need a FB account to record your vote, but it dont have to be same email. its still shit as i know a few people who dont use FB.

The idea that the first president of virtual reality will be elected through a facebook poll (which in my opinion has nothing to do with virtual reality) just seems a bit lame and embarrassing imo. We are supposed to be doing something for all of VR, can't we put in a little more effort than a poll pretty much anyone could have set up and run? Especially when the initial advert said there would be a new system of voting.

Why can't we have a voting system inside EU? Surely the whole point of having a president is too introduce some sort of democratic system within the virtual world to which participants can vote to have their say and be represented.

In the real world it is unfeasible to get everyone's opinion on things but the virtual world offers a perfect opportunity to pioneer a system where the public can express opinions relatively easily. All we would need is voting booths or make it even easier still and have a menu option like the event system or mission log. Somewhere that MA can post "hey all, what do you think of this new idea?" Or "what do you think the best solution to this would be?" and let us have a quick opinion poll.

I really thought the idea of electing a representative of the participants to speak up for us at a MA level was a good thing. The idea of the person becoming the president of all virtual reality I thought was a little unnecessary, particularly as none of the other major VR companies were on board anyway. Who gave us the authority to elect a president to rule over other VR games? I hardly expect them to honour this - it doesn't make sense to me. Why can't we just focus of EU first? Maybe we should have focused on a president for each planet first, that might have been a better start.

Goodluck ND/candidate B/candidate C, i hope you can change these things :). I would vote for you but i don't have facebook, sorry :/, I would still like a raffle ticket box thing when you become president though if you could make that happen i would appreciate it :D.

Last edited:
I've got a feeling some one at MA looked at the cost of implementing voting booths and cut it's development.

It may also not have been MA's idea for VR president and it came from PRTraction, MA was on board at the start judging from the press releases but then they abandoned it when they saw the costs involved. They certainly don't have any commitment towards it.

But at the end MA has the option of saying the result is null and void as they're the ones putting up the cash for any costs. I doubt that will stop the winner saying they're VR president to anyone who'll listen.

The % is also weird as the statement in the beginning said it was based on the VR / social network presence of the person voting, so it looks like that was dumped as well unless they're only using only the facebook profiles of the voter which again goes against what was originally said.

The registration link no longer works and clicking on it only takes you to the top of the page. I'd like to know who has the previous data set from that.

So it looks like they aimed high but in the end achieved very little.

For those who care, I'm one of the people who voted for Candidate B ;) (ND: 78.2 B: 13.8 C: 8.0)

But why even have a Candidate C other than to split the not ND vote, they knew how many candidates were involved and they can't change one to a real person now or add someone as it invalidates previous votes.

Last edited:
Back