Virtual Reality Presidential Race Begins - PR Newswire (press release)

So it looks like they aimed high but in the end achieved very little.

Is this not typical MA? They come up with great new idea then do half arse job. Just look at Space, Pets, Deeds etc They dont think things through then move on next big thing. Its this crap that why the has hardly grown over the years.

The % is also weird as the statement in the beginning said it was based on the VR / social network presence of the person voting, so it looks like that was dumped as well unless they're only using only the facebook profiles of the voter which again goes against what was originally said.

This is a really good point I completely forgot about.

Regarding the candidates B and C, either these are real people who didn't want to be named or, as you said, MA just included them so there wasn't just one candidate.

Still usually if there is just one candidate there might be an option to vote for "re-open nominations". I think the issue was the candidate fee of $1000 was quite high for most people especially knowing that they would be up against ND anyway.

Perhaps next time have a lower deposit $100-200, also payable in ped, which is refunded if the candidate scores more than 5 or 10 % of the vote. Given the position wasn't a paid one, any candidate this year was automatically going to lose $1000. I can understand the deposit fee to cover MA's admin costs but the costs don't grow linearly with the number of candidates so I see no reason to keep everyone's deposit at the end.

+1

Does anyone know what these commemorative strong boxes are? Is MA really paying people to vote? Can I register a crapload of alts to get the strongboxes?

How are they going to link the facebook accounts to the logins to give them. I suppose this is why they didn't make it in game, people making alt accounts to get the items although they could have set an account age limit.

If B or C win (B is closing slowly) will ND be announced as winner anyway as he's the only rl candidate? I've also asked this on the Facebook page for the VR president, we'll see if we get a response.

Last edited:
I'm "B" - or maybe I'm "C" but I'm mighty pissed that they capitalised me !!

How funny is this:

EPIC FAIL

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

A) Neverdie
B) Candidate B
C) Candidate C

I cant stop laughing at this sorry excuse for voting. Who the fuck is B, or C? How do I know if I want to vote for B, or C when I have no idea who it is. Oh, I know, there IS NO ONE ELSE.

SELF PROCLAIMED PRESIDENT NEVERDIE :dunce:

Me taking a DUMP in the morning has more value for people of EU, than this IDEA :)

Ok. I don't get it. They originally said you had to have an Entropia account to vote, but you also to have a Facebook account?

Is someone going through all of the Facebook accounts that vote to make sure that they have an email address that matches an Entropia account?

What if a player's Facebook email address is different from their Entropia address?

Did I miss something?

Are they expecting so few voters that they can hand verify the accounts?

I know, just to remind everyone of this press release at the start

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/virtual-reality-presidential-race-begins-300179570.html

Additionally, Entropia Universe will be implementing its proprietary secure Virtual Democracy voting system that will set a shining example for real-world governments, and will allow citizens of virtual reality to vote on important issues and elect leaders to represent their interests.

So the 'shining example' is a facebook poll?

Back